PDA

View Full Version : Competition / Quiz / Survey Ideas Please

FinHeavenAJ
03-01-2003, 12:20 PM
Alright people, I happen to have some left over prizes from the football pool, and they are pretty cool prizes. I'm not gonna say what they are until later...

But anyways, I want to hear what you guys would like to see as a competition / quiz / survey thing. There will be no "name that quote" thing or whatever, simply beacuse some people can "cheat" :rolleyes:

It doesn't necessairly have to be Dolphins / NFL related; however, it must be something that everyone can do. I don't want to give any unfair advantages.

So let me hear it... any idea is better than none :D

inFINSible
03-01-2003, 12:26 PM
I think the poster with the highest number of posts, who is located in Naples Florida, and has a memebership number between 7 and 9 should get some sort of Super Grand Prize.!!!!!!!!

FinHeavenAJ
03-01-2003, 12:31 PM
LMAO :lol: ... nope, that won't work :cool:

Anything else?

AntMarino13
03-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Im all for some kind of quiz

Muck
03-01-2003, 03:31 PM
We need trivia where people can't cheat and/or look up the answers. That's the tough part.

ckparrothead
03-01-2003, 03:45 PM
We could have a Pool tournament on Yahoo! Games.

They have all kinds of games you can play over there like Chess, Checkers, Battleship, Pool, etc which you play online vs other people.

I believe we could arrange a tournament fairly easily. Just get some names for the entry, close off the tourny, then pair up and play.

inFINSible
03-01-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Muck
We need trivia where people can't cheat and/or look up the answers. That's the tough part.

Okay....I got one...

Back in 1985, I was thinking of a number between 1-10....what was it?

dolfan06
03-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
Okay....I got one...

Back in 1985, I was thinking of a number between 1-10....what was it? 34!

ckparrothead
03-01-2003, 04:56 PM
4!

Thats how old I was in 1985...

iceblizzard69
03-01-2003, 05:34 PM
I like the Yahoo pool tournament idea. We could have brackets, like 16 or 32 join, you have single elimination games, and the winner takes it all. Have it like the NCAA tourney but with less people.

dolfan06
03-01-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by ckparrothead
4!

Thats how old I was in 1985... in 85 i was 39!:rolleyes:

Prime Time
03-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Hmmm 7.....no wait 10....wait no 2!!!!

baccarat
03-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
Okay....I got one...

Back in 1985, I was thinking of a number between 1-10....what was it?

Is it 6.35?

inFINSible
03-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by ckparrothead
4!

Thats how old I was in 1985...

That is surprising......I thought you were much older than that.

I was busy graduating HS in 85......

inFINSible
03-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by booyeah_
Is it 6.35?

You looked it up....cheater!

breckenridge55
03-02-2003, 01:13 PM
How about we all get in the chat room or something one day to have the trivia quiz. Then we would have a time limit, like 15 secs to type in an answer. If you run out of time, you obviously are trying to look it up. Also, I think the trivia should be recent NFL trivia. The only reason I say that is because recent Dolphin trivia would be too easy (unless you had to like name the first cousins of our former CB Terry Cousin). Also, if we went way back when, most of the young guys here (like myself, Miguel, AJ) may struggle. Just some ideas!

You could also do sports trivia in general, it doesn't have to be football.

Jeep
03-02-2003, 03:31 PM
I believe we have like 4 or 5 draft picks this year.. Lets predict who the Phins will pick and the ones with the more correct wins the prizes..

inFINSible
03-02-2003, 04:55 PM
I like that idea.

breckenridge55
03-02-2003, 09:32 PM
Jeez, we'd be lucky if anyone picked the correct one once, let alone two or three times. The 2nd rounder may be easy, but the rest is like winning the lotto. You have no idea who will be left, and if we want them or not.

inFINSible
03-02-2003, 09:38 PM
Two right.....would win it for sure..:lol:

ckparrothead
03-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Well Yahoo games also has a trivia section and there is football trivia. Everyone faces a set of 10 questions timed so that the earlier you answer the more points you get (if you get it right) and everyone shares a chatroom that has the best scores of the day in the left hand column. I believe it ranks everyone active.

We could set aside a time when everyone participating would come into the yahoo trivia, and have everyone start the trivia at the same time. Play like 3 trivia games, then we have a big ranking of the top scores right there.

The way its set up, even if someone cheats and plays like 4 games of trivia he doesn't have that big an advantage because you might do well one game and really crappy the next.

ckparrothead
03-02-2003, 11:28 PM
And only your top score is ranked in the left. So everyone has their best of their 3 trivia games ranked against the best of three of everyone else's

I believe it would be a good idea.

IceStorm
03-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Its simple really, if you have more prizes from the football pool then you should give them away as prizes to the football pool players. 1st place gets 1st prize, 2nd place gets 2nd prize, 3rd place gets 3rd prize. etc etc etc until they are all gone. I mean, thats what the prizes were for in the first place, so use them that way.

IceStorm
03-02-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by breckenridge55
How about we all get in the chat room or something one day to have the trivia quiz. Then we would have a time limit, like 15 secs to type in an answer.

This won't work at all. Why? Because my 15 seconds is not the same as yours is. Meaning you could have the ability to see the question and start to answer before I get to see the question. Why? Because of lag, server congestion, different servers, net splits, etc. The idea is good, but the way the internet works, it's not fair to all players.

FinHeavenAJ
03-03-2003, 09:25 AM
Ice, while I think the idea of giving the prizes meant for the football pool to the football players is good, I wouldn't want to do it. Why? Because I originally had planned only giving away three prizes, and the rest of the prizes were going towards other items.

I kinda like ckparrothead's idea. ck, would you happen to have the link of the trivia section so I can check it out? Thanks...

Any more ideas?

gottahavefootba
03-03-2003, 11:08 AM
what about prizes for the fin-heaven fantasy football? At least for 1st 2nd and 3rd place

finfan
03-03-2003, 11:40 AM
A few ideas:
-Instead of the actual player the Fins will pick, how about the position taken in each round/pick?

-Pick the actual time the fins will pick in the second round?

-A list of Draft questions, most correct wins...like:
Will dorsey be drafted?
Will the Bengals trade the first pick?
Number of Canes drafted?
Will Parcells draft a QB?
Number of QB's drafted in the first round (or RB, WR....)?
Round first PK or P taken?
Number of times Kiper says "value pick?"

lereux
03-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Let's find Markey.

Prime Time
03-03-2003, 08:51 PM
So which are we doing.

Chauncey
03-04-2003, 08:53 PM
Webmaster Note: Uncalled for post... edited out...

ckparrothead
03-05-2003, 06:19 AM
Well you have to have a Yahoo ID in order to get into the yahoo games but thats as easy as signing up. Its quick and no cost or anything and plus there's so many yahoo functions i find the ID pretty useful (yahoo launchcast, yahoo games, yahoo fantasy football leagues....)

Its just http://games.yahoo.com/

On the right hand side you'll see a section labelled "Arcade and Other Games" and inside that section is a link for "Trivia"

But you can't get into it unless you've signed in first with your yahoo ID. Inside the "Trivia" section there's a "Football Trivia"

ckparrothead
03-05-2003, 06:24 AM
Once you click on "Football Trivia" it loads up a separate java window and puts you in an automatic chat room with everyone else that is currently playing. Should be easy to identify ourselves to each other and then we begin playing at the same time. We play for roughly the amount of time it takes to play 3 games of trivia, and then look at the standings.

ckparrothead
03-05-2003, 06:43 AM
Alright here's the deal. I assume AJ that you or some other mod will not be participating in the actual contest since you are the one giving away the prize. So what you will have to do in order to see all our scores is to get yahoo messenger and put all our names on your buddy list. Then there's a tab by the score window where you can go to "Friends" and it'll show the high scores of any of the guys on your buddylist who have played the football trivia that day.

That might be askin too much from ya, I don't know. But only you would have to do it, in order to verify the winners. The rest of us just sign up and play.

MOULDSROCKS
03-05-2003, 11:32 PM
NCAA bracket... Yahoo.com

just a thought :D

donnie
03-07-2003, 07:18 PM
I dont no if that is a great idea because there would be to many people playing at once. The whole thing would be to hard. It should be more like a raffle.