PDA

View Full Version : Update: Could South Park have last laugh vs. Chef?

Noodle Arm
03-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Well first Isaac Hayes quits because of the "Trapped in the Closet" episode...and now Comedy Central decided not to re-air it and pulled it off of the schedule.

The battle between "South Park""South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and Scientology is escalating.

The dust-up gained steam last week when Isaac Hayes, a practicing Scientologist who has long been the voice of the character Chef, quit after objecting to a "South Park" episode called "Trapped in the Closet," which lampooned both the religion and Tom Cruise.

The skirmish continued this week, when Comedy Central abruptly pulled a repeat of that episode that was scheduled to air Wednesday evening. Showing instead was another memorable seg which featured Hayes's character, called "Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls."

How did Trey and Matt respond to all this? In typical form...

While the "South Park" creators didn't directly comment on Comedy Central's decision to pull the episode, they issued an unusual statement to Daily Variety indicating the battle is not over.

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

The duo signed the statement "Trey Parker and Matt Stone, servants of the dark lord Xenu."

:lol: :chuckle:

http://www.variety.com/VR1117939918.html

bullseyeguy
03-17-2006, 07:35 PM
How does that equate to South Park zero? I think they have a sideways 8 worth of points with that classic response....

Roman529
03-17-2006, 07:36 PM
I like Mr. Hinkey the best. :D

HysterikiLL
03-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Anybody who uses 'anozinizing' in a sentence deserves at least half a point. My count is Scientology 2 South Park .5

Miami 13
03-17-2006, 08:14 PM
How does that equate to South Park zero? I think they have a sideways 8 worth of points with that classic response....
:yeahthat:

South Park STILL one of the best shows ever.

Muck
03-17-2006, 09:03 PM
While the "South Park" creators didn't directly comment on Comedy Central's decision to pull the episode, they issued an unusual statement to Daily Variety indicating the battle is not over.

It's clear to me that the author is a middle-aged white female who clearly cannot relate to the show or this type of humor. :lol:

EDIT: My bad, "Michael Flemming - Dish Columnist". :rofl3:

HysterikiLL
03-17-2006, 09:08 PM
It's clear to me that the author is a middle-aged white female who clearly cannot relate to the show or this type of humor. :lol:

EDIT: My bad, "Michael Flemming - Dish Columnist". :rofl3:

Middle Aged Female...Michael Flemming....what's the difference? :chuckle:

Dolfan984
03-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Lame, that was an AWESOME episode.

"Tom Cruise won't come out the closet....so I pull out my gun!!"

Skeet84
03-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Hmmmm very interesting. I am gunna miss Chef

Dors156
03-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Lame, that was an AWESOME episode.

"Tom Cruise won't come out the closet....so I pull out my gun!!"

:sidelol:

finsrule84
03-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Anybody who uses 'anozinizing' in a sentence deserves at least half a point. My count is Scientology 2 South Park .5

actually, since they released the episode in the first place, south park gets the first point. so it's more like scientology 2 South Park 1.5

but this is great, with the next season starting next week and knowing how fast Parker and Stone can make episodes, you know they will be taking a lot of shots at scientology during this upcoming season. Just watch, next week they will come up with the sickest, most disgusting way to get rid of Chef.

bullseyeguy
03-18-2006, 02:39 AM
I used to like Hayes, but he is just a hypocritcal ***** now!

Only last January, in the New York Daily News, Hayes was interviewed about South Park, saying "Nobody is exempted from their (creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker) humor. They're equal opportunity offenders (laughs out loud). Don't be offended by it. If you take it too seriously, you have problems."

wazzy
03-18-2006, 02:49 AM
I used to like Hayes, but he is just a hypocritcal ***** now!

Only last January, in the New York Daily News, Hayes was interviewed about South Park, saying "Nobody is exempted from their (creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker) humor. They're equal opportunity offenders (laughs out loud). Don't be offended by it. If you take it too seriously, you have problems."

Ya i guess his views has changed. I can't believe Chef is gone though! :eek:

Dolfan2788
03-18-2006, 05:24 AM
What an idiot Hayes is, he just brought more publicity to the episode than it would have ever gotten had he not quit.

Clark Kent
03-18-2006, 01:53 PM
What an idiot Hayes is, he just brought more publicity to the episode than it would have ever gotten had he not quit.And since CC pulled it, I'd say he not an idiot...

OurHeartAndSoul
03-18-2006, 05:46 PM
And since CC pulled it, I'd say he not an idiot...

Yeah he is. Now, that CC pulled it I want to see the episode. I consider my welf a casual SP watcher and I could care less about the episode, but since CC banned it I am now interested. I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks like this either.

Clark Kent
03-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah he is. Now, that CC pulled it I want to see the episode. I consider my welf a casual SP watcher and I could care less about the episode, but since CC banned it I am now interested. I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks like this either.Well, you can see it, not on TV though.

Tom Cruise told Viacom, parent company of Paramount and Comedy Central that he would refuse (http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm) to promote Mission Impossible 3 (http://imdb.com/title/tt0317919/) if the controversial and hilarious South Park (http://imdb.com/title/tt0121955/) episode which attacks Scientology and hints that he is gay, was not cancelled Wednesday.*******...

phinpunk14
03-18-2006, 08:35 PM
That is one of my favorite episodes.... Its not only hilarious; it also just proves how ridiculously stupid scientology is.... Seriously, it was created by the same guy that wrote Battlefield Earth.... What a scam.

Gonzo
03-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Well, you can see it, not on TV though.

But you can rent or buy the season and it will no doubt increase viewers for the upcoming season. Good times.:chuckle:

bullseyeguy
03-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Or, if you were into it, you could *cough* illegally download it via Bt *cough*....

Blitz
03-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Yeah he is. Now, that CC pulled it I want to see the episode. I consider my welf a casual SP watcher and I could care less about the episode, but since CC banned it I am now interested. I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks like this either.

You can watch it at the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t8LkfRkIDk&search=south%20park%20trapped

I love the bits with R. Kelly...

Dolfan2788
03-19-2006, 08:13 AM
And since CC pulled it, I'd say he not an idiot...

Yes he is. Just because something gets banned doesn't mean people aren't going to watch it, if a sex tape is banned from being sold commercially it will get a huge amount of hits on the web which is what it will get now.
People in this thread have already said they now want to see the episode because he quit and it got banned proving my point.

Gonzo
03-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Or, if you were into it, you could *cough* illegally download it via Bt *cough*....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

pigskinguy
03-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Scientology. What a joke.

cnc66
03-19-2006, 02:44 PM
I read on another board that the same company owns MI3 and South Park and thats how Cruise affected things, by threatening to screw up one if the other wasn't throttled.

Gonzo
03-19-2006, 02:48 PM
I read on another board that the same company owns MI3 and South Park and thats how Cruise affected things, by threatening to screw up one if the other wasn't throttled.

Yeah, Hostile posted part of it on post #17. He actually wants the show cancelled outright. Truly amazing. Why does P.S. Hoffman have to be in that movie? He's the only reason I want to see it.

GreenMonster
03-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Scientology. What a joke.

I totally agree, thanx for clearing this up SouthPark.. :lol:

Noodle Arm
03-19-2006, 02:54 PM

That was all internet B.S.

Blog reports pegged the mysterious episode switch to objections raised by Cruise, who, the reports stated, threatened to not promote "Mission: Impossible 3," the summer tentpole for Viacom-owned Paramount.

A spokesman for Cruise denied that Cruise had ever made such a threat. "He never said any such thing about 'Mission: Impossible 3," the spokesman said.

TerryTate
03-21-2006, 03:04 AM
UPDATE:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-southparkreturnofchef,0,708650.story?coll=zap-tv-headlines

Read that summary about the season premiere of South Park. Apparently they have re-casted chef or mixing Issac's voice from past episodes to get away with using him in the episode. Either way, it looks like Trey Parker and Matt Stone are going to have the last laugh, and probably rip Issac Hayes a big one in the 10th season premiere.

HysterikiLL
03-21-2006, 03:47 AM
UPDATE:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-southparkreturnofchef,0,708650.story?coll=zap-tv-headlines

Read that summary about the season premiere of South Park. Apparently they have re-casted chef or mixing Issac's voice from past episodes to get away with using him in the episode. Either way, it looks like Trey Parker and Matt Stone are going to have the last laugh, and probably rip Issac Hayes a big one in the 10th season premiere.

:rawk: Go Trey and Matt!!

Jimmy James
03-21-2006, 03:52 AM
That was all internet B.S.

I find that highly doubtful. Do you really think Tom's people are beyond reproach?

HysterikiLL
03-21-2006, 03:57 AM
Oh jesus, this thing is hilarious :lol:
Cruise: Well, don't you like my acting? What film do you like most?
Stan: "You're okay I guess...you're not Leonardo DiCaprio, but you're okay I guess"
Cruise: "What!?"
Stan: "I mean, you're not Gene Hackman, or that guy who played Napoloen Dynamite, but you're not bad"

:lol:

Oh boy, they're really ripping on Tom :lol:

:lol: R Kelly is going to shoot someone....I'm freaking dying!!!!!!!!

305TillIDie
03-21-2006, 04:07 AM
Cartman is the man on south park... ''ill kick ya in the n*ts'' :sidelol:

ih8brady
03-21-2006, 04:26 AM
You can watch it at the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t8LkfRkIDk&search=south%20park%20trapped

I love the bits with R. Kelly...

"awwww, another crappy AJ Feeley!"

*throws card on the ground*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Muck
03-21-2006, 08:50 AM
You guys are forgetting the most important part about that episode. It's right at the beginning when they're opening football cards.

Cartman: "Aw man, I got a crappy A.J. Feeley again!!"

:rofl:

CalDolFan1014
03-21-2006, 05:37 PM
I heard Derp might make a come back as Chefs replacement. That guy was a dolt! :lol:

HysterikiLL
03-21-2006, 05:57 PM
You guys are forgetting the most important part about that episode. It's right at the beginning when they're opening football cards.

Cartman: "Aw man, I got a crappy A.J. Feeley again!!"

:rofl:

:chuckle: I watched it last night and completely missed that. I just watched the start again and replayed it like six times :sidelol:

CalDolFan1014
03-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Respect mah authoritah!!!

Miami 13
03-22-2006, 11:55 PM
WOW! Did anyone just see South Park? The first episode of the new season was just one...The Return of Chef.

Jimmy James
03-23-2006, 12:03 AM
That was one amazing episode. I love that they gave us Star Wars, the teacher sex scandal, and this all at once. I also love how they put the blame on the cult, not on Chef.

FinsNCanes
03-23-2006, 12:19 AM
The episode tonight was hilarious. I'm guessing by the Super Adventure Club they were referring to Scientology?

Jimmy James
03-23-2006, 12:22 AM
The episode tonight was hilarious. I'm guessing by the Super Adventure Club they were referring to Scientology?

Nah, couldn't be. That group of respectable gentlemen? ;)

I don't think this is over by a long shot, either.

finsrule84
03-23-2006, 12:26 AM
actually, since they released the episode in the first place, south park gets the first point. so it's more like scientology 2 South Park 1.5

but this is great, with the next season starting next week and knowing how fast Parker and Stone can make episodes, you know they will be taking a lot of shots at scientology during this upcoming season. Just watch, next week they will come up with the sickest, most disgusting way to get rid of Chef.

wow i should like win a cookie or something

Clark Kent
03-23-2006, 12:50 AM
Somewhere, Hayes is laughing... Sad to see Hayes go, but he went out with a bang.

HysterikiLL
03-23-2006, 01:27 AM
:lol: It's just incredible how they write such great material so quickly. Simpsons episodes take like 10 months to create. South Park is like watching live improv.

Jimmy James
03-23-2006, 01:30 AM
:lol: It's just incredible how they write such great material so quickly. Simpsons episodes take like 10 months to create. South Park is like watching live improv.

Isn't a substantial portion of the lead time on The Simpsons related to the custom score work they do on each episode?

HysterikiLL
03-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Isn't a substantial portion of the lead time on The Simpsons related to the custom score work they do on each episode?

Perhaps, but it's still pretty amazing how South Park are able to work so quickly in contrast to many other animated sit-coms that seemingly get so caught up in the process that any current event-related material seems to be washed up.

d-day
03-23-2006, 02:03 AM
they literally write and finish shows days before they air

painnotpleasure
03-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Great episode... sad to see Hayes go.

Fin_Fanatic
03-23-2006, 09:05 AM
one of the best episodes ever made, right up there with the Mormon episode...

Skeet84
03-23-2006, 10:00 AM
they literally write and finish shows days before they air

That is very amazing IMO. I am sure they are running around like chicken with there heads cut off sometimes tho.

tucker
03-23-2006, 10:42 AM
nice ending to the episode..pretty funny

Pagan
03-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Brilliant episode! I love the balls Matt & Trey have! Totally skewered scientology without ever saying it was scientology! :lol:

NaboCane
03-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Brilliant episode! I love the balls Matt & Trey have! Totally skewered scientology without ever saying it was scientology! :lol:

I loved it. The end was pretty funny too, I expected something like that but I thought it would be the cloning guy on the hill that would revive Chef.

:lol:

Clark Kent
03-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Trey and Matt were on Letterman aweek or so ago promoting this new season, and they said the reason they can pump new eps so quickly is because they do everything in house, as where shows like the Simpsons and Family guy are animated in Vietnam.

It takes 6 days to make a new episode, probably less if they are trying to hurry.

What impresses me is not that they can do everything so quickly, but how good the shows are. Always extra offensive and funny. It never looks like a rush job.

d-day
03-23-2006, 05:40 PM
curious to how much matt really contributes aside from the voices - my money is on south park = trey parker

NaboCane
03-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Trey and Matt were on Letterman aweek or so ago promoting this new season, and they said the reason they can pump new eps so quickly is because they do everything in house, as where shows like the Simpsons and Family guy are animated in Vietnam.

It takes 6 days to make a new episode, probably less if they are trying to hurry.

What impresses me is not that they can do everything so quickly, but how good the shows are. Always extra offensive and funny. It never looks like a rush job.

When Saddam was captured, I believe it was the very next day that they had an episode on the air spoofing that. Pretty amazing, even considering that it's mostly cut-and-paste for their style of animation.

Clark Kent
03-23-2006, 06:01 PM
curious to how much matt really contributes aside from the voices - my money is on south park = trey parkerTrey Parker does the majority of the work. He directs, produces (with Matt), writes (usually just him), and does vocies.

Matt seems more like the manager of it all.

Blade
03-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Anyway, the show was freakin funny as hell. I liked how they clipped Issac Hayes voice from prevoius shows to make his voice. It was genious.

Dors156
03-23-2006, 08:28 PM
the way that chef died was so weird.the grizzly:sidelol:hahaha super adventure club:sidelol:

HysterikiLL
03-23-2006, 09:49 PM

:yeahthat:

P.S. Why the hell do they animate The Simpsons and Family Guy in VIETNAM??? :lol:

pigskinguy
03-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Wish I could watch it. But being up here in Canada I'll have to wait probably 6 months before it airs. Any way to watch it on the web?

spydertl79
03-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Best episode of all time= Chili Cook off!

Gonzo
03-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Wish I could watch it. But being up here in Canada I'll have to wait probably 6 months before it airs. Any way to watch it on the web?

Damn, I didn't think of that. Maybe I should rethink this U of T thing...

Roman529
03-24-2006, 12:12 AM
I wanna see Chef and Tom Cruise in the closet....it could happen!! :wink:

pigskinguy
03-25-2006, 01:48 AM
Damn, I didn't think of that. Maybe I should rethink this U of T thing...
Not only that, but why the hell would you EVER want to live in Toronto. Great place to visit, sh*tty place to live.

Gonzo
03-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Not only that, but why the hell would you EVER want to live in Toronto. Great place to visit, sh*tty place to live.

Girlfriend, very good school, I actually like it, especially the Beaches which is where I will be, and cheap in comparison to cities of it's size in the U.S. Why ****ty?

Jimi
03-25-2006, 02:53 AM
Best episode of all time= Chili Cook off!

That episode almost had me in tears.

d-day
03-25-2006, 03:04 AM
Girlfriend, very good school, I actually like it, especially the Beaches which is where I will be, and cheap in comparison to cities of it's size in the U.S. Why ****ty?

agree - t.o. is one of the best cities i ever been too - i'd live there but snow is cold

Gonzo
03-25-2006, 03:10 AM
agree - t.o. is one of the best cities i ever been too - i'd live there but snow is cold

I actually enjoy the snow. And I will see more Miami games because it is easier to travel to Buffalo and New York, not to mention the occasional Detroit and Chicago games.

d-day
03-25-2006, 03:12 AM
I actually enjoy the snow. And I will see more Miami games because it is easier to travel to Buffalo and New York, not to mention the occasional Detroit and Chicago games.

60 is cold to me... :chuckle:

pigskinguy
03-25-2006, 11:42 AM

Like I said, great place to visit, sh*tty place to live.
It's dirty, expensive, excedingly hectic, crime-ridden, just to name a few things.
I used to visit there all the time and loved it. First chance I got to move there I did. Hated living there, lasted a couple years and moved back to where I am originally from. maybe it's just me, but I don't think so.
It's just one of those places that is great in small doses, a week or two at a time.........

Gonzo
03-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Like I said, great place to visit, sh*tty place to live.
It's dirty, expensive, excedingly hectic, crime-ridden, just to name a few things.
I used to visit there all the time and loved it. First chance I got to move there I did. Hated living there, lasted a couple years and moved back to where I am originally from. maybe it's just me, but I don't think so.
It's just one of those places that is great in small doses, a week or two at a time.........

If you come from a smaller town, I could see how you wouldn't like it. Personally, I love big cities and in comparison to others of its size, it is far cleaner, cheaper, (I enjoy hectic :lol: ), and safer. Crime-ridden is a huge overstatement. I won't be living around Jane and Finch, and even if I did I guarantee it is safer than a huge portion of Phoenix.

I guess it just comes down to whether you like bigger cities or not. I despise small towns and hope to live in New York or London eventually, so Toronto is calm in my view :lol:.

What part of Canada are you from?

pigskinguy
03-25-2006, 02:42 PM
If you come from a smaller town, I could see how you wouldn't like it. Personally, I love big cities and in comparison to others of its size, it is far cleaner, cheaper, (I enjoy hectic :lol: ), and safer. Crime-ridden is a huge overstatement. I won't be living around Jane and Finch, and even if I did I guarantee it is safer than a huge portion of Phoenix.

I guess it just comes down to whether you like bigger cities or not. I despise small towns and hope to live in New York or London eventually, so Toronto is calm in my view :lol:.

What part of Canada are you from?

I'm from Ottawa.
I don't know what you consider clean, but Toronto is not far-cleaner than any city. As far as the crime goes, again I guess it depends on what you consider to be alot of crime. But saying Toronto is crime-ridden is not understatement. I've witnessed it first-hand and hear about on a daily basis.
But hey, to each his own.

Gonzo
03-25-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm from Ottawa.
I don't know what you consider clean, but Toronto is not far-cleaner than any city. As far as the crime goes, again I guess it depends on what you consider to be alot of crime. But saying Toronto is crime-ridden is not understatement. I've witnessed it first-hand and hear about on a daily basis.
But hey, to each his own.

I don't mean to come off as a dick and if that's what it looks like, I apologize. Just curious.

I didn't say any city, I said cities of comparable size. Ottawa and Toronto are not even close to comparable size. Bigger cities certainly are not for everybody. I have no doubt that smaller cities like Ottawa are far cleaner (I was also considering U of O because they have a great linguistics center there), that is typically how it is. But having been to cities of about the same size and and style all around the world, Toronto is definetly one of the cleanest. The snow looks nasty when piled up on the side of the road, but there's not much they can do about that with so many people.

Here are some statistics:
http://www.toronto.ca/quality_of_life/safety.htm

Also, aren't Ottawa and Toronto rivals? Wouldn't that be like getting advice about New York from a Bostonian :lol:

d-day
03-25-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't mean to come off as a dick

:chuckle: don't forget dick, you're still in the tourney... :dday:

Gonzo
03-25-2006, 04:44 PM
:chuckle: don't forget dick, you're still in the tourney... :dday:
Exactly :chuckle:

d-day
03-25-2006, 04:45 PM
we need a new vinny says... :dday:

pigskinguy
03-25-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't mean to come off as a dick and if that's what it looks like, I apologize. Just curious.

I didn't say any city, I said cities of comparable size. Ottawa and Toronto are not even close to comparable size. Bigger cities certainly are not for everybody. I have no doubt that smaller cities like Ottawa are far cleaner (I was also considering U of O because they have a great linguistics center there), that is typically how it is. But having been to cities of about the same size and and style all around the world, Toronto is definetly one of the cleanest. The snow looks nasty when piled up on the side of the road, but there's not much they can do about that with so many people.

Here are some statistics:
http://www.toronto.ca/quality_of_life/safety.htm

Also, aren't Ottawa and Toronto rivals? Wouldn't that be like getting advice about New York from a Bostonian :lol:

You didn't come off sounding like a dick. Don't know why you would say that. If it was because I came off sounding like a dick, it wasn't the intention at all.
As for as the Toronto-Ottawa rivals thing......good point.
But Toronto still sucks:lol:

Gonzo
03-25-2006, 05:01 PM
You didn't come off sounding like a dick. Don't know why you would say that. If it was because I came off sounding like a dick, it wasn't the intention at all.
As for as the Toronto-Ottawa rivals thing......good point.
But Toronto still sucks:lol:

Because I typically am one :chuckle: . As for the rivalry, I have to go to a Leafs-Senators game :yes: . I am guessing tickets for games in 2009 about the only ones that are still available :lol: . I am not a fan of either team (more indifferent), but I almost got in a fight in a bar there in December when I mentioned that the Leaf's hockeysticks could double as canes.

As for Southpark, it is one of many shows that you don't get up there at the same time. It sucks. You guys got Rome after it had ended here and I don't think you ever got Extras. Yet, we have Susan Eye FBI, or what ever it is down here. Worst show ever. :shakeno: I wish they would have shown News Room down here though...

d-day
03-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Because I typically am one :chuckle:

:chuckle: unless it's sweeps week or in this case, the tourney :dday:

Gonzo
03-25-2006, 05:44 PM
:chuckle: unless it's sweeps week or in this case, the tourney :dday:
:confused2 I don't know what you are talking about...

:evilmod:

d-day
03-25-2006, 05:46 PM
:confused2 I don't know what you are talking about...

:evilmod:

:tsk: you know damn well what i'm talking about - of course only you and i know what the hell we're saying most of the time anyway... :chuckle:

shining :hump:

pigskinguy
03-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Because I typically am one :chuckle: . As for the rivalry, I have to go to a Leafs-Senators game :yes: . I am guessing tickets for games in 2009 about the only ones that are still available :lol: . I am not a fan of either team (more indifferent), but I almost got in a fight in a bar there in December when I mentioned that the Leaf's hockeysticks could double as canes.

As for Southpark, it is one of many shows that you don't get up there at the same time. It sucks. You guys got Rome after it had ended here and I don't think you ever got Extras. Yet, we have Susan Eye FBI, or what ever it is down here. Worst show ever. :shakeno: I wish they would have shown News Room down here though...

Yeah, unless it's a show on one the 4 major networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX) we typically have to wait. We don't have HBO or Comedy Central or any of those other cable channels. Most shows originating from any of those networks usually take 3-6 months to air up here.

I have no idea when the new season of South Park will air up here. I have been trying to find out for a week now.
But once you get up here will be introduced to the very funny Trailer Park Boys..... or maybe you guys get in down there, not sure. Funny stuff though.

Gonzo
03-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah, unless it's a show on one the 4 major networks (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX) we typically have to wait. We don't have HBO or Comedy Central or any of those other cable channels. Most shows originating from any of those networks usually take 3-6 months to air up here.

I have no idea when the new season of South Park will air up here. I have been trying to find out for a week now.
But once you get up here will be introduced to the very funny Trailer Park Boys..... or maybe you guys get in down there, not sure. Funny stuff though.

I've seen it a few times up there. They made a movie too that gets released fairly soon. So long as we don't get Corner Gas down here, I will be happy. Degrassi on the other hand...:chuckle:

pigskinguy
03-25-2006, 06:21 PM
I've seen it a few times up there. They made a movie too that gets released fairly soon. So long as we don't get Corner Gas down here, I will be happy. Degrassi on the other hand...:chuckle:

Movie comes out this summer.
On behalf of Canadians everywhere I would like to apologize for the atrocity that is known as Corner Gas <shutters>.
Ahh Degrassi.....the memories.

Gonzo
03-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Movie comes out this summer.
On behalf of Canadians everywhere I would like to apologize for the atrocity that is known as Corner Gas <shutters>.
Ahh Degrassi.....the memories.
How in the hell is that show still on the air? Are there really that many people in Saskatewan that watch it? The movie is one of the funniest things I have ever seen, and probably not intentionally. :lol:

d-day
03-25-2006, 06:44 PM
hilarious house of frightenstein

best.canadian.show.ever.