PDA

View Full Version : Catfish swallows kids basketball

Celtkin
03-17-2006, 10:35 PM
You have to see the pictures (http://drunkenpuppies.com/2006/03/17/fish-story-you-dont-want-to-miss-this-one/#more-106) to believe this

Perfect23
03-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Holy S---.

PHINATIC13
03-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Nice Celtkin, just need some beer batter and a deep fryer and we're in business.:tongue:

Btw your sig is AWESOME!

HysterikiLL
03-17-2006, 10:45 PM
WTF....that is a little damn disturbing..

P.S. Celt, good luck in the FMM tourny :chuckle:

Warchant26
03-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Nice, I think I've seen that before...I think it's been in circulation for a while.

That'd be a long-lasting tasty treat if you catch that big momma (or papa) and fry it up cracker style :cooldude:

Celtkin
03-17-2006, 10:48 PM
WTF....that is a little damn disturbing..

P.S. Celt, good luck in the FMM tourny :chuckle:

Thanks, Bro. Same to you. :wink:

Celtkin
03-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Nice Celtkin, just need some beer batter and a deep fryer and were in business.:tongue:

Btw your sig is AWESOME!

I was going for the tartar sauce :lol:

Perfect23
03-17-2006, 10:51 PM
It would of been even more crazy if it was a bigger ball.

Celtkin
03-17-2006, 10:53 PM
It would of been even more crazy if it was a bigger ball.

If it had been bigger, his head would have exploded :lol:

NewEra8
03-18-2006, 12:27 AM
wish i could find a woman that could do that...

TJamesW_phinfan
03-18-2006, 02:43 AM
They get even bigger than that and there are loons out there that, as a hobby, fish for them with their bare hands by feeling around for them in murky water.

Celtkin
03-18-2006, 09:13 AM
wish i could find a woman that could do that...

:sidelol:

FinsAreLife
03-18-2006, 10:00 AM
:lol: i thought that was funny as heck

inFINSible
03-18-2006, 12:48 PM
I had an Oscar one time that tried to eat another fish that was in the tank with him....Well, besides being a little too big for the Oscar to swallow the other fish had some reservations about being swallowed period. He flared out his dorsal and pectoral fins and that put an end to the Oscar's will to eat him. The problem was, the little fish was now stuck half in and half out the Oscar's mouth...headfirst.

I let the Oscar swim around like that for a few days thinking they'd eventualy work out some mutually acceptable agreement and be done with each other. After it became obvious that wasn't going to happen, I decided to take action.

The first thing I did was just reach in the tank and grab the tail of the not quite bite sized Oscar treat, and tried to pull him out. Didn't work too well with the Oscar not cooperating with me by pulling the other direction.

So now I've got both hands in the tank, one holding the Oscar and the other trying to grab the tail of the other fish....Again, I'm foiled but, this time it's mainly due to fish slime that doesn't lend itself to getting a real good grip on either fish.

Plan B is hatched....pliers are requisitioned....and Dr. inFINS heads back into the water.

i grab the little fish by the tail with the pliers and try to hold on tightly to the Oscar without squezing the cavier out of it but, i still can't hold the big fish tight enough to get any pull.

Finally, i just start thrashing the two fish around the tank until i ripped the little guy out of the big guys mouth.

He was still alive. Which I found amazing but, the funniest thing was, the oscar now had lockjaw, and he was stuck swimming around the tank with his mouth wiiiide open.....It was hilarious to me, probably not so much to him though.

His mouth stayed like that for two more days until i put some feeders in there....he must have been starving too, because as soon as those little goldies hit the water his mouth snapped shut and he ate 12 of those suckers in about 10 minutes.

The other fish, a Convict, I moved to another tank, but, the other tank was full of africans and jewels, which was why he was in with the Oscar in the first place....after his ordeal, I'd like to say he lived happily ever after but, he got killed within a few days. :dunno: oh well....

Dors156
03-18-2006, 01:01 PM
:sidelol:

FinFan72
03-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Holy Sh**

BTW love your sig Celt