PDA

View Full Version : This is all we need. US is accused of spying on UN members!

Sniper
03-02-2003, 12:24 AM
http://www.observer.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12239,905936,00.html

Are we trying to totally piss the entire world off?

Sabre Ally
03-02-2003, 12:27 AM
No need to try....we've been doing that regularly for most of the last century.

dolfan06
03-02-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Sniper

Are we trying to totally piss the entire world off? this is not exactly a surprise. our government does so much illegal crap its unreal. the cia knows when you brush your teeth and what toothpaste you use!;)

ohall
03-02-2003, 12:31 AM

Are we trying to totally piss the entire world off?

From what I can tell by skimming the article, and yes I did skim, because I don’t like slanted articles, were there any laws broken? If not, who cares?

And fook the UN, they are useless IMO. What's the point of keeping them funded as we do when they won’t fall in line when we need them to? This is not one President's problem; this has always been the UN's problem. They have turned into nothing more than a debating society! Just ask Clinton I bet he’d agree with that evaluation when it comes to the UN, they didn’t agree with his war on Kosovo.

Oliver...

Sniper
03-02-2003, 12:33 AM
Here is the alleged email. It could be a fake I guess. If it is real, it will not go over well with the rest of the world. IMO there will be huge Anti-Amercian sentiment throughout the world.

http://www.observer.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12239,905954,00.html

ohall
03-02-2003, 12:37 AM
Here is the alleged email. It could be a fake I guess. If it is real, it will not go over well with the rest of the world. IMO there will be huge Anti-Amercian sentiment throughout the world.

To: [Recipients withheld]
From: FRANK KOZU@Chief of Staff (Regional Target) CIV/NSA
on 31/01/2003 0:16
Subject: Reflections of Iraq debate/votes at UN - RT actions and potential for related contributions
Importance: High
TOP SECRET/COMINT/XL

All,

As you've likely heard by now, the Agency is mounting a surge particularly directed at the UN Security Council (UNSC) members (minus US and GBR of course) for insights as to how to membership is reacting to the on-going debate RE: Iraq, plans to vote on any related resolutions, what related policies/ negotiating positions they may be considering, alliances/ dependencies, etc - the whole gamut of information that could give US policymakers an edge in obtaining results favourable to US goals or to head off surprises. In RT, that means a QRC surge effort to revive/ create efforts against UNSC members Angola, Cameroon, Chile, Bulgaria and Guinea, as well as extra focus on Pakistan UN matters.

We've also asked ALL RT topi's to emphasise and make sure they pay attention to existing non-UNSC member UN-related and domestic comms for anything useful related to the UNSC deliberations/ debates/ votes. We have a lot of special UN-related diplomatic coverage (various UN delegations) from countries not sitting on the UNSC right now that could contribute related perspectives/ insights/ whatever. We recognise that we can't afford to ignore this possible source.

We'd appreciate your support in getting the word to your analysts who might have similar, more in-direct access to valuable information from accesses in your product lines. I suspect that you'll be hearing more along these lines in formal channels - especially as this effort will probably peak (at least for this specific focus) in the middle of next week, following the SecState's presentation to the UNSC.

Yeah, but Sniper everyone hates us already. No one loves the KING baby!

And we all know we aren't the only country doing what we are being accused of, no?

Oliver...

dolfan06
03-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
No need to try....we've been doing that regularly for most of the last century. yeah but the thing is, the people from these other countries are pissed at us, don't they realize our goverment has our citizens bent over too, just a different barrel! :rolleyes:

Sniper
03-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Oliver
Yeah, but Sniper everyone hates us already. No one loves the KING baby!

That's just the point. We already do enough to piss these countries off and people wonder why 9/11 happened. I don't like to see killing when it happens to others or to us.

Originally posted by Oliver
And we all know we aren't the only country doing what we are being accused of, no?

Oliver...

Yes, but doing and getting caught doing are two very different things. I really hope it is a fake.