PDA

View Full Version : Who has sirius radio?

Dolfansal
03-19-2006, 06:02 PM
I am thinking about getting it. Having a radio station with just football sounds like a dream.

If you have it what do you think. Is it worth it?

Thanks

Se7eN
03-19-2006, 06:05 PM
get it its awesome

McMichaels81
03-19-2006, 06:07 PM
how much does it cost......

gator_sensation
03-19-2006, 06:08 PM
I have had it for about 6 months now. It's really good. Besides the NFL channel, I have about 10 other channels I listen to on a daily basis. Its well worth the $13 you pay a month.

motioncityhifi
03-19-2006, 06:14 PM
which radios do you guys have?? I was thinking about getting the starmate or the sportster but just wondering which one you guys prefer.

Phin-o-rama
03-19-2006, 06:17 PM
get it...but don't use the fm transmitter.....they really suck...

Samphin
03-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I have the sportster. I also use the FM transmitter and it works perfectly for me. Although others have said that too about their FM transmitter being garbage. I guess it depends on location.

The football channel is good. It also as ESPNradio an all NBA channel and of course, Howard Stern.

They also have every game from the NBA, NFL and NHL on there. Plus, they get the NASCAR races pretty soon too, if not already. They really have just about everything.

That doesn't even take into account all the commercial free music, left and right wing talk shows, news programs and more. Can you tell I like the service? :lol:

UltraDol-Fan
03-19-2006, 06:31 PM
My FM transmitter is junk too, but my reciever is the very first one they had. I've had it for like almost 2 years and it's good if you're in your car a lot. Also good if you have a good home stereo system to plug it into.

JimCali75
03-19-2006, 06:51 PM
I have the starmate. Well worth the 80 bucks. (After rebate). Almost got the Sportster but I liked the small size of the starmate. Only costs me $6.99 a month. If you have any friends that already has the service they can add you on for half the monthly cost. :D I have a Nissan Titan with a AUX Jack on the stock radio so I don't use the FM modulator. Works great... I'll try the FM modulator today and let you know how well it works. If you want to pay a little more I believe you can have it hard wired to the back of you head unit with an adaptor. (might want to call and check on that). Or you can buy a serius ready head unit ($150 and up) and the Sat Receiver($100). Everything will be hard wired and much cleaner looking.

FinsFan74
03-19-2006, 06:53 PM
I have the JVC model....top of the line...helps to have friends that manage the Best Buy audio department ;) I absolutely love channel 124....I keep it on NFL radio ALL the time!!!

dolfan_md
03-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Mine is integrated into my factory stereo (2006 Passat). Works great an I really enjoy the football talk!:tongue:

miaD5499
03-19-2006, 06:55 PM
yea i have sirus radio its good for all the games the only problem though it where i live the service sucks i have to go outside to listen to the games sometimes

InMyChambers
03-19-2006, 06:58 PM
i've had it over a year and LOVE it. i have the JVC KD2000 (a little outdated now). i bought the lifetime of the radio subscription for $500 but you can get it for $13/month if you like and probably even a few months throw in for free. i recommend going to sirius.com for more info or a great website for customer info is www.siriusbackstage.com

i originally got it for stern but having the nfl network in a radio version is great not to mention maxim and commercial free music in ANY genre you want.

InMyChambers
03-19-2006, 06:59 PM
also, since i live in jersey and don't have directv i go to a sports bar to watch the games. most of the time they don't have the volume on so i bring a walkman in with me and listen to the dolphins broadcasters call the game. it's delayed about 15 seconds but its nice to know whats going on behind the scenes.

ocdfinsfan
03-19-2006, 07:18 PM
I have it and I love it! Haven't listened to a cd or regular radio since i purchased it

Daytona Fin
03-19-2006, 07:28 PM
i have it and i love it. i highly reccomend subsribing.question though , a friend of mine said nfl will be moving to xm next year, has anyone heard about this?

Dolphins12thMan
03-19-2006, 07:50 PM
i have it and i love it. i highly reccomend subsribing.question though , a friend of mine said nfl will be moving to xm next year, has anyone heard about this?

If true, Im sure sirius will still have a football channel.

Adam First
03-19-2006, 07:52 PM
I have it. I'm addicted to it.
Not just for NFL or Howard Stern, but the music...commercial-free and uncensored...:drool:

And your friend, ercin, is probably a jealous XM fanboy.

gator_sensation
03-19-2006, 07:56 PM

I doubt NFL will be heading to XM because Sirius is more popular than XM and of course, have better channels. XM have Oprah while Sirius have Howard Stern :goof:

PHINS54
03-19-2006, 08:05 PM
It's Great Worth Every Penny

PhinsPhan
03-19-2006, 08:06 PM
What are arguments for buying XM? I am just wondering because I looked over their programming and couldn't see any reason to get it. Am I missing something? Try and leave the fanboyism out of it :goof:

InMyChambers
03-19-2006, 08:12 PM
150% not true!

PAFINFAN090
03-19-2006, 08:15 PM
can you get coverage of all games in season? we don't get too many fin games on TV in pa. i'd love to listen to the fins while i watch another game, couch potato fantasy.

fightinfinfan22
03-19-2006, 08:25 PM
560 the official dolphins station 2 years ago got the howard stern show on their morning line up and the dolphins organization didnt like it. so they moved channels, when 790 started up. this was not entirely the reason for the move but it was publicised that the fins organization was not pleased with sharing a station with stern. i heard the same rumor about sirius that was posted earlier about the move to xm, so based on what i just posted it makes sense that the nfl might feel the same way about sharing a building with him.

Dmancari23
03-19-2006, 08:28 PM
I would wait another couple months before purchasing anything Sirius. The word is that they are being real hush hush about it, but within the next few months they may end up in bankruptcy protection. The Howard Stern thing hasn't paid off like they had hoped.

I have XMRadio and it is awesome. I do regret the fact that Sirius got the NFL, but Sirius is in some dire financial trouble right now. From what I understand, Sirius could be completely out of the market by the end of 2006. I work in this field, so I do have a lot of inside information on it. They are way behind in producing a portable player that plays LIVE feeds, where the XM brand has 3 and currently have more than 12 in the works, several that are set to rival and take a stake of the ipod customer base. They are set to carry live video feeds and allow for mp3 and video downloads.

So in summary, while the NFL coverage on Sirius being great right now, you may not have a carrier by year's end. I would wait until July or so because they are set to release more information about the bankruptcy.

It is also a fact that there are talks of the NFL moving to XM upon their contract expiring with Sirius. XM has a bigger subscription base and as of yet, "The Howard Stern Project" as it's being called around the business has not even come close to covering the subscriptions they had hoped for.

finsfanman
03-19-2006, 08:54 PM
sirius is fantastic from a-z if you listen to howard stern at all he says XM is in big trouble and even one of the vP's quit because if the finacial problems, ch 124 is great especialy during the FA and i am sure will even be better when the draft starts, along with ESPN:dolphins:

CGULLS
03-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Can anyone tell me if Sirius has a channel for just Miami Dolphins news?!?

POTHEAD
03-19-2006, 09:16 PM
In addition Sirius Radio added Playboy.
Sports talk and sex talk, " AWESOME "

Daytona Fin
03-19-2006, 09:18 PM
I would wait another couple months before purchasing anything Sirius. The word is that they are being real hush hush about it, but within the next few months they may end up in bankruptcy protection. The Howard Stern thing hasn't paid off like they had hoped.

I have XMRadio and it is awesome. I do regret the fact that Sirius got the NFL, but Sirius is in some dire financial trouble right now. From what I understand, Sirius could be completely out of the market by the end of 2006. I work in this field, so I do have a lot of inside information on it. They are way behind in producing a portable player that plays LIVE feeds, where the XM brand has 3 and currently have more than 12 in the works, several that are set to rival and take a stake of the ipod customer base. They are set to carry live video feeds and allow for mp3 and video downloads.

So in summary, while the NFL coverage on Sirius being great right now, you may not have a carrier by year's end. I would wait until July or so because they are set to release more information about the bankruptcy.

It is also a fact that there are talks of the NFL moving to XM upon their contract expiring with Sirius. XM has a bigger subscription base and as of yet, "The Howard Stern Project" as it's being called around the business has not even come close to covering the subscriptions they had hoped for.
thats pretty bad that sirius is in trouble but i think that will all change when nascar makes their move to sirius next year. nascar has the biggest fanbase of any sport and i will bet that a lot of nascar fans will move to sirius next year. if sirius can keep the nfl they will be okay. the dolphins dont have a their own channel , whoever was asking.

painnotpleasure
03-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Sirius is definitely worth it! It's about 14 bucks a month... or 43 cents a day. The cheapest radio you could find is around $50-70.

slyfox13
03-19-2006, 09:21 PM
I am thinking about getting it. Having a radio station with just football sounds like a dream.

If you have it what do you think. Is it worth it?

ThanksI wouldnt be without it im hooked:cooldude:

Se7eN
03-19-2006, 09:26 PM
if u get a sirius get one with the replay feature i have the sportster replay and it is so awesome i just bought the boombox so i could listen to it when i goto the beach in the summer and when im tailgating n stuff but the rumors of sirius goin bankrupt bc of howard stern arent true its rumors being put out by xm to try and and screw over sirius but sirius is making so much money from howard stern xm is the one whos gonna go bankrupt because they spent millions of dollars on advertizing that hasnt payed off

Orlando-FinsFan
03-19-2006, 09:30 PM
I highly recommend it!! I have it and can't listen to regular radio anymore. I listen in the car and at work. There are so many channels to choose from...it's amazing!

The NFL channel (124) is great and it replays the NFL Total Access show from the NFL Network. Nevermind the games. You can choose which team's broadcast you want to listen. We drive about 4 hours to all the Fins games so it makes driving much better.

Honestly.....I couldn't live without it! I have one in my car, my wife's car...and in my '58 Hot Rod!

:up:

painnotpleasure
03-19-2006, 09:39 PM

It is also a fact that there are talks of the NFL moving to XM upon their contract expiring with Sirius. XM has a bigger subscription base and as of yet, "The Howard Stern Project" as it's being called around the business has not even come close to covering the subscriptions they had hoped for. I do not believe this to be true whatsoever at all. Since Howard's move to Sirius, XM is in far worse shape then Sirius and XM is DESPERATE because of the people subscribing to Sirius and leaving XM that XM is offering their subscribers $3.99 a month, just to stay with them.

I purchased Sirius and I have XM because I get it for free with DirectTV and judging from someone who has both and has listened to both consistently... Sirius is 1000x better, it's absolutey no competition whatsoever. Sirius has Howard Stern and his two channels, NFL and sports package which is great, and COMMERICAL FREE RADIO which XM doesn't have anymore so you have to listen through commerical with thier music channels. The XM stock is the lowest it has been in 52 weeks a 20+ stock down to about 11 and Sirius has been in the 4-7 range. From what I have heard... Sirius was well under a million subscribers before Stern's arrival and now is somewhere along the 3.5 million range. XM is in the worst shape it has been in. Sirius has much more to offer and is much better coming from someone who has both... Howard Stern (and his two channels) NFL and sports package... COMMERICAL FREE MUSIC STATIONS (which is now only exclusively for Sirius) and I have just ordered the Playboy channel which is amazing. Sirius > XM... no competition (not even close) in my honest opinion.

Since I bought Sirius back in January, I have not listened to regular radio and I have been watching much less TV. I have the convertible radio that you can use at home and/or in your car. I listen to about 6+ hours a day, it's unbelivable all the programming Sirius offers you. The NFL package alone is good enough reason to get it and it's only 13 or 14 bucks a month, 43 cents a day. I can't wait until my XM subscription with XM (that was included) is up because you're definitely getting the superior produce in Sirius. I highly reccomend to everyone whom does not have to go and buy it and you will fall in love, guarenteed.

Dmancari23
03-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Like I said before, I work directly within this business so I know the FACTS about what's going on and what's not. XM's subscriptions are not $3.99 they are $12.99 for the first line, and $6.99 for additions after that. Secondly, xm has not spent more on advertising than Sirius has. XM has spent on around $80 on average per subscriber where Sirius has spent over $149 per subscriber.

Look at the stock quotes and financials in relation to the companies. XM also has added Oprah which has boosted the female demographic tremendously and they are anticipating a double in subscriptions by year's end 2007. Sirius on the other hand paid to have Stern astronomical amounts of money, which they have yet to recoup.

The only thing that is positive for people like us on this board is the NFL, but I would be willing to bet my bottom dollar that XM will pick up that contract once it runs out on Sirius. XM has MLB, Nascar, Sporting News, ESPNews, Espn Radio, and several other big time sports contracts. They have the NHL, they have an XM Canada. To sit here and say XM is in bad shape is false, and a complete oversight. I would be willing to bet that Sirius is bought by another company in the not so distant future and a few of their flagships will go by the wayside.

Along with all of this, the product line for Sirius compared to XM's product line is WAY behind.

All I am saying is do your homework, I know A LOT more about both companies than anyone here, I can promise you that. Having worked for BOTH of them, I know what is on the forefront and what is coming up. The NFL channel is excellent, but they may not be with Sirius that much longer, there has been talks of change, and they are ongoing.

Ronnie23
03-20-2006, 12:02 AM
[quote=Dmancari23]Like I said before, I work directly within this business so I know the FACTS about what's going on and what's not. XM's subscriptions are not $3.99 they are $12.99 for the first line, and $6.99 for additions after that. Secondly, xm has not spent more on advertising than Sirius has. XM has spent on around $80 on average per subscriber where Sirius has spent over $149 per subscriber.

If you call and try to cancel XM they will offer to cut the monthly payment to 3.99 just so you wont cancel the subscription.

Look at the stock quotes and financials in relation to the companies. XM also has added Oprah which has boosted the female demographic tremendously and they are anticipating a double in subscriptions by year's end 2007. Sirius on the other hand paid to have Stern astronomical amounts of money, which they have yet to recoup.

XM was so desperate that they gave Oprah a boatload of money for just one thirty minute show a week. When taking into account that Stern does a 5hr show 4-5 days a week, then the amount of money Oprah is being paid is way more than what Sirius is paying Stern.

And Sirius has already seen the effects of adding Stern. When he signed with Sirius they had 600,000 subscribers. Now they have over 3.5 million. Their most busy days in terms of adding subscribers came on Christmas day and the day before Howard began. NO coincidence.

The only thing that is positive for people like us on this board is the NFL, but I would be willing to bet my bottom dollar that XM will pick up that contract once it runs out on Sirius. XM has MLB, Nascar, Sporting News, ESPNews, Espn Radio, and several other big time sports contracts. They have the NHL, they have an XM Canada. To sit here and say XM is in bad shape is false, and a complete oversight. I would be willing to bet that Sirius is bought by another company in the not so distant future and a few of their flagships will go by the wayside.

How do you work in the business and not know that SIrius also has ESPNNEWS and ESPN radio, has Sirius Canada and has bought the Nascar coverage which begins next season.

Ronnie23
03-20-2006, 12:07 AM
And Sirius signed the NFL to a 7yr $220 million deal in 2003. The NFL is not going any where for awhile

Paul 13
03-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Like I said before, I work directly within this business so I know the FACTS about what's going on and what's not. XM's subscriptions are not $3.99 they are $12.99 for the first line, and $6.99 for additions after that. Secondly, xm has not spent more on advertising than Sirius has. XM has spent on around $80 on average per subscriber where Sirius has spent over $149 per subscriber.

Along with all of this, the product line for Sirius compared to XM's product line is WAY behind.

All I am saying is do your homework, I know A LOT more about both companies than anyone here, I can promise you that. Having worked for BOTH of them, I know what is on the forefront and what is coming up. The NFL channel is excellent, but they may not be with Sirius that much longer, there has been talks of change, and they are ongoing.

Okay, let me just say that there is no way that Sirius is going bankrupt this year as you have CLAIMED. They just signed a multi year deal with VW/AUDI!!

Did you expect Sirius to recoup all the money they paid to Stern in three months? Are you out of your mind? So what do you do for XM? :lol:

painnotpleasure
03-20-2006, 12:46 AM
[quote]

If you call and try to cancel XM they will offer to cut the monthly payment to 3.99 just so you wont cancel the subscription.

XM was so desperate that they gave Oprah a boatload of money for just one thirty minute show a week. When taking into account that Stern does a 5hr show 4-5 days a week, then the amount of money Oprah is being paid is way more than what Sirius is paying Stern.

And Sirius has already seen the effects of adding Stern. When he signed with Sirius they had 600,000 subscribers. Now they have over 3.5 million. Their most busy days in terms of adding subscribers came on Christmas day and the day before Howard began. NO coincidence.

How do you work in the business and not know that SIrius also has ESPNNEWS and ESPN radio, has Sirius Canada and has bought the Nascar coverage which begins next season. Thank you for saving me the time by saying everything I was just about to say. I have received a call from XM this past week confirming that $3.99 if you state you don't want to continue your subscription when it is up. And yes Oprah getting paid a ridiculous amount of money for a 30 minute show for only about 40 weeks a year, which is laughable considering how much Howard puts in five days a week. I agree with everything you just stated man, I couldn't have said it better myself. All the exact same FACTS that I have heard and looked into.

Also might I add to your post that XM's stock is down to 11.45 which is just above the LOWEST it has been in over a year. Considering how many more million subscribers XM had over Sirius before Howard had made the move over, Sirius is catching up in subscriptions and stock value. Also, it should speak for itself how Sirius has outsold XM in radios since Stern's arrival. The NFL package is great and it and Sirius isn't going anywhere.
And Sirius signed the NFL to a 7yr $220 million deal in 2003. The NFL is not going any where for awhile Amen, brother.

hann80
03-20-2006, 12:47 AM
I would recommend sirius to all football fans!! Especially if you are traveling while the games are being played, you will never miss a beat. I love when they have Shannon Sharpe and Popa on Mondays after the game, awesome show. Shannon will have you cracking up. Get it, worth the money.

CVass
03-20-2006, 12:49 AM
It is great! I absolutely love Pat Kirwan - I could listen to him for hours!

AtticusFinz
03-20-2006, 12:55 AM
nothin better than Stern in the morning and Shien&Riggins in the afternoon

Phin-o-rama
03-20-2006, 10:17 AM
xm fanboys lol....sirius is so much better

revdolphin
03-20-2006, 10:42 AM
I bought the XM about a month ago for the baseball and NASCAR. I know that I will be switching and buying Sirius before the NFL season starts. Also when I was looking to buy the radio, you are lucky if you can even find a Sirius radio, they are gone as soon as they put them on the shelves. XM radios seem to always be there and in stock.

420finfan
03-20-2006, 10:48 AM

How do you work in the business and not know that SIrius also has ESPNNEWS and ESPN radio, has Sirius Canada and has bought the Nascar coverage which begins next season. :0wned::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

420finfan
03-20-2006, 10:50 AM

:spam:

inFINSible
03-20-2006, 11:03 AM
I bought the XM about a month ago for the baseball and NASCAR. I know that I will be switching and buying Sirius before the NFL season starts. Also when I was looking to buy the radio, you are lucky if you can even find a Sirius radio, they are gone as soon as they put them on the shelves. XM radios seem to always be there and in stock.
:lol: And there you have it....sirius can't keep the product up with the demand as xm's "new technology" sits on the shelves.

Oh, but the women's demographic numbers are rising on xm so, there's that...

inFINSible
03-20-2006, 11:08 AM
We can make a competition out of anything. :chuckle:

Samphin
03-20-2006, 11:20 AM

This isn't even remotely true. If anything, XM is panicing about Sirius. XM just had one of their head honchos resign over the state and direction XM is going in. XM also just posted its first quarter with lower subscriptions than they had planned. Not a good sign either.

Throw in that they just lost the NASCAR franchise and shelled out 50 million for a half hour of Oprah a week and you tell me who isn't spending their money wisely.

For anyone who wanted to know some benefits of XM, there are few, but some I suppose. They do have exclusive broadcasts of MLB games. They also have an Oprah channel (with barely any Oprah mind you ). And, if you like Stern imitators, they have Opie and Anthony as well. Other than that, evrything else is the same, or worse on XM in my opinion.

Samphin
03-20-2006, 11:27 AM

Just so you know, SIrius has all the ESPN channels as well, oh and they snaked NASCAR away from XM. They also have NHL. :rolleyes: There is a Sirius Canada too. Face it, your fanboyism for XM is shining through. The exclusives you give to XM happen to be on Sirius as well. :lol:

As for the XM subscriptions, it has been documented that XM subscribers who called up to leave were asked how much they were willing to pay to stay. At least a few have been reported to have had their monthly price knocked down from 13 bucks a months to $3.99. Those be the facts jack.

Now, I know you know more about this business than anyone else. I am curious, what do you actually do? Something tells me you may work at Best Buy or something along those lines right? Tell me I am right.

Pagan
03-20-2006, 11:28 AM
And, if you like Stern imitators, they have Opie and Anthony as well. Other than that, evrything else is the same, or worse on XM in my opinion.
Bro, stop parroting what Stern tells you. O&A are NOTHING like Stern. I'm still trying to figure out why people say this. Oh yes, I forgot, because Howard tells them so! :rolleyes2

Have a listen to them one day, nothing like Stern. Completely different kind of show. Whether or not one show is better than the other is a matter of taste, but they are NOT the same as Howard.

Man, talk about fanboy-ism! :lol: There are more Sirius fanboys in this thread than anything else! Do yourselves a favor and stop listening to what Howard is telling you and do some research on the financial situations of both companies. It's all out there on the internet. After the initial surge of Howard subscribers, signups have leveled off.

In fact, the 4th quarter reports showed that Sirius suffered FAR worse losses than XM. Of course, Howard doesn't mention that on his show cause he's the King of all Bull****. :wink:

As for there not being any Sirius radios on the shelves, two reasons. One, XM has more radios available in more brands of new cars. You buy a car that has one already, you don't need to buy another.

Second....hey, there aren't any gin mills on the shelves either! Everyone must be buying them up! :lol:

Think about it.

The whole argument as to which on is better is ridiculous. They both have the plusses and minuses...but satellite radio, no matter WHICH one you choose, blows the doors off regular radio.

Phin-o-rama
03-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Bro, stop parroting what Stern tells you. O&A are NOTHING like Stern. I'm still trying to figure out why people say this. Oh yes, I forgot, because Howard tells them so! :rolleyes2

Have a listen to them one day, nothing like Stern. Completely different kind of show. Whether or not one show is better than the other is a matter of taste, but they are NOT the same as Howard.

Man, talk about fanboy-ism! :lol: There are more Sirius fanboys in this thread than anything else! Do yourselves a favor and stop listening to what Howard is telling you and do some research on the financial situations of both companies. It's all out there on the internet. After the initial surge of Howard subscribers, signups have leveled off.

In fact, the 4th quarter reports showed that Sirius suffered FAR worse losses than XM. Of course, Howard doesn't mention that on his show cause he's the King of all Bull****. :wink:

As for there not being any Sirius radios on the shelves, two reasons. One, XM has more radios available in more brands of new cars. You buy a car that has one already, you don't need to buy another.

Second....hey, there aren't any gin mills on the shelves either! Everyone must be buying them up! :lol:

Think about it.

The whole argument as to which on is better is ridiculous. They both have the plusses and minuses...but satellite radio, no matter WHICH one you choose, blows the doors off regular radio.

^^xm fanboy

i had sirius a year b4 howard was on it.....xm has way more minus'es..i barely even like howard...im sure O&A are great....but thats about it on xm

do yourself a favor and stop thinking that everyone listens to howard stern and lets them dictate their life and how they listen to radio. you say everyone is a fanboy in here but maybe thats cuz everyone has sirius...because most know its the best. your equally an xm fanboy as i am a sirius fanboy...in fact im just glad i lucked out and picked the right one back when i bought into sat radio, apparently you bought the wrong one. to say that sirius is struggling and about to go bankrupt is so dumb...no way in hell lol.

sirius runs a 4.4 40 and xm can't carry sirius's jock...lol

xm is the aj feeley of satelite radio, and sirius is the culpepper....which do you want to spend your 2nd round pick on?

inFINSible
03-20-2006, 11:41 AM

Think about it.

I did think about it....I thought about it when the salesman told me that they couldn't keep them on the shelves.... that they were selling them as fast as they came in....and still are now.

When more automakers see sirius subsciptions rising, sirius will be an option in more autos and the subscriptions will keep rising...it takes time but, it's happening.

I also asked about gin mills and the salesman said they haven't had any requests for gin mills so they quit stocking them in 1927.:wink:

Pagan
03-20-2006, 11:47 AM
do yourself a favor and stop thinking that everyone listens to howard stern and lets them dictate their life and how they listen to radio. you say everyone is a fanboy in here but maybe thats cuz everyone has sirius...because most know its the best. your equally an xm fanboy as i am a sirius fanboy...in fact im just glad i lucked out and picked the right one back when i bought into sat radio, apparently you bought the wrong one. to say that sirius is struggling and about to go bankrupt is so dumb...no way in hell lol.

sirius runs a 4.4 40 and xm can't carry sirius's jock...lol

xm is the aj feeley of satelite radio, and sirius is the culpepper....which do you want to spend your 2nd round pick on?
And you call ME a fanboy? :lol: I said everyone is a fanboy because it was posted earlier "no xm fanboys" yet everyone coming in here talking about Sirius sounds like the guy dating the ugly girl who's pleading his case that she's Adriana Lima.

Do yourself a favor and read through this entire thread to see how many times "Howard said....." has been posted in here. :wink:

Besides, I said BOTH are good. So how does that make me more of a fanboy than someone like you, who's practically giving Sirius a reacharound? :lol:

Phin-o-rama
03-20-2006, 11:49 AM
And you call ME a fanboy? :lol: I said everyone is a fanboy because it was posted earlier "no xm fanboys" yet everyone coming in here talking about Sirius sounds like the guy dating the ugly girl who's pleading his case that she's Adriana Lima.

Do yourself a favor and read through this entire thread to see how many times "Howard said....." has been posted in here. :wink:

Besides, I said BOTH are good. So how does that make me more of a fanboy than someone like you, who's practically giving Sirius a reacharound? :lol:

^^xm fanboy

Pagan
03-20-2006, 11:54 AM
^^ Sirius fanboy. :lol:

(we could do this back and forth all day, ya know.)

Phin-o-rama
03-20-2006, 11:56 AM
lol true :D

xm has a better punk station (fungus) it has that goin for it imo

inFINSible
03-20-2006, 11:57 AM
:smackhead

GreenMonster
03-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Have had both and they very much the same.. Here is why I have XM now..

- No need to listen to Howard Stern or O&A for that matter
- I watch all the Dolphins games so the need for games is limited
- Baseball on the radio is 162 days and much better product
- Each has all the radio and news channels I could want so it comes down to MLB>NFL on sat. radio.. That is all..

painnotpleasure
03-20-2006, 12:54 PM
As of today, March 20th... Sirius has just hit 4 million subscribers.

Samphin
03-20-2006, 02:21 PM

Think about it.

You again?! :lol: We have done this conversation before. We both know where we stand. You like what you like and I like what I like and that is that. As Painnotpleasure said, Sirius announced this morning that they have hit the 4 million subscriber mark. Two monthsearlier they hit 3 million, so as another poster said, the "Howard Stern Project" seems to still be in full swing. They are anticipating to be up around 6 million at the end of the year which would be incredible.

I will agree with you on one thing Pagan. Satellite radio blows boing old regular radio out of the water. When I get inmy other vehicle that doesn't have Sirius, I get upset.

Nice car by the way, is it finally done and in your posession?

Pagan
03-20-2006, 02:25 PM
I will agree with you on one thing Pagan. Satellite radio blows boing old regular radio out of the water. When I get inmy other vehicle that doesn't have Sirius, I get upset.
Exactly. That's why I don't get the whole "let's bash XM" vibe of this thread. I only jumped in as an "XM fanboy" because it seemed a little ridiculous the way it was going.

Either one is better than terrestrial radio.

Oh and by the way XM is up to 6.5 mil subs, so both companies seem to be doing well. ;)

Nice car by the way, is it finally done and in your posession?
Yes it is. :D