PDA

View Full Version : Official OBLIVION Thread

PeaTearGriffin
03-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Only 2 more days!! I figured i would start an official thread about it since it will be a big topic this week in the gaming forum. I think i might write my first review on this game.

outlawd2u
03-19-2006, 10:22 PM
uhhhhh....... it's really only one more day, and less than that if you're counting by hours....LoL. It comes out on the 20 which is tomorrow!!!

John Biello
03-19-2006, 10:58 PM
ill be picking that bad boy up on my lunch break tommorrow

mor911
03-20-2006, 08:43 AM
It ships today!! I hope the EB by me sells uthem today!!!

UltraDol-Fan
03-20-2006, 10:58 AM
It ships today!! I hope the EB by me sells uthem today!!!

The EB by me said they stopped releasing popular games on the ship date when they merged with Gamestop. So now every game will be available one day after their ship date. :(

mor911
03-20-2006, 11:07 AM
The EB by me said they stopped releasing popular games on the ship date when they merged with Gamestop. So now every game will be available one day after their ship date. :(
Yeah, the EB by my house has done that for a while... Look at the count down in my sig, it's set for tomorrow. :D

Deus Ex Dolphin
03-20-2006, 01:16 PM
The wife has been looking forward to this game even more than me. In fact she had already ordered a copy from BestBuy.com, two-day shipping, which I hope means we get it by Wednesday.

After a bit of quiet time, our Xbox 360 will be seeing lots of new games. Besides Oblivion, Top Spin 2 tennis will be out around April 4th (at a bargain price of $40) and then Tomb Raider Legends late April.

Pagan
03-20-2006, 01:40 PM
I don't think I've been as psycyhed for a game before. Reading article after article of how the graphics and game play are so mind-boggling has me freakin' pumped.

I haven't seen an RPG in a loooong time that's wowed me.

A Wing Pilot
03-20-2006, 08:12 PM
In the words of a true gamer \/\/00T !!!!!! I got my call from gamestop to tell me to come pick it up in the morning.

John Biello
03-20-2006, 08:21 PM
now i have to push back my picking it up on my lunch break until tommorrow. that ****ty *** game rush store next to my house better have it, cuz ive only got an hour to get it..and i dont feel like drivng all over orlando

PeaTearGriffin
03-21-2006, 08:29 AM
what is in the collectors edition?

UltraDol-Fan
03-21-2006, 10:37 AM
what is in the collectors edition?

Asking a question about Oblivion is like summoning the Mor. No matter where he is, he hears the question and I bet will respond shortly.

PeaTearGriffin
03-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Asking a question about Oblivion is like summoning the Mor. No matter where he is, he hears the question and I bet will respond shortly. yeah im shocked its taken this long

UltraDol-Fan
03-21-2006, 11:04 AM
I think I remember something like it coming with maps and maybe a dvd? I'll see if I can dig anything up.

UltraDol-Fan
03-21-2006, 11:06 AM
This is what I found.

Enhanced Packaging (like the Lord of The Rings DVD movie packages)
Bonus DVD
Pocket Guide to the Empire (112 page book on Tamriel)
Septim (Coin replica)

Bruzer
03-21-2006, 11:24 AM
can't wait to get mine today
9000+ objects
1500+ npc's
200 dungeons
200+ hours of gameplay
25 settlements
20-25 hours for main story
9 major cities

all i can say is w00t

NewEra8
03-21-2006, 12:57 PM
So how is it fellas... anybody pick it up yet?

UltraDol-Fan
03-21-2006, 01:35 PM
my guess is that anyone who has it is at home playing it right now

mor911
03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
The Mor = Stuck at work

Will post ASAP after getting the game

Bruzer
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about it so I think its safe to say its a good game and worth every penny. I cant wait to work with construction tools ... thought about doing a dragon mod muahahaha

PeaTearGriffin
03-21-2006, 03:15 PM
only one more class and then it is time

SirDrums
03-21-2006, 05:04 PM
I may try this out on my PC since I do not have a 360.

mor911
03-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Holy freakin' god.... The Mor is very much in video game heaven right now. I've been playing non-stop. My roomie is playing now, thus giving me time to write this... Most immersive game ever. Be back later.... maybe.

John Biello
03-21-2006, 11:54 PM
is everyone either that disappointed or that wrapped up playing that noone posted anyhting yet. this is my first exposure to this game, even this genre, but so far i think it is awesome. just worked my way out of the sewers

John Biello
03-21-2006, 11:55 PM
damn good timing mor, im going to get in a few more hours myself, this is a sexy game

PeaTearGriffin
03-22-2006, 01:19 AM
i only got to play for a little over an hour but i can tell you that the graphics are amazing. Also, the sound is very good....i plan to do a little review when i get more time with the game

Majpain
03-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Looks like some guys here on are selling their soul to a great game.

SirDrums
03-22-2006, 02:14 AM
I picked up the PC version after work today.... its past 12 am here and Im forcing myself to quit. I'll write more tomorrow . this game is absolutley wonderfull so far. Only bad thing is that im going to be a zombie at work tomorrow now.. lol

mor911
03-22-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm at work now... Like SirDrums, The Mor is dead tired from late night Oblivion. Can't wait to get home.

UltraDol-Fan
03-22-2006, 10:24 AM
I need this game, I have to find a way to convince my wife I need it!

NewEra8
03-22-2006, 10:53 AM
I need this game, I have to find a way to convince my wife I need it!

Compromise with a nice diamond neclace (aka stop by the dollar store on the way home)

UltraDol-Fan
03-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Compromise with a nice diamond neclace (aka stop by the dollar store on the way home)

:lol: , I would just go out and buy it but she bought me a wireless controller last night and surprised me with it (I got stuck buying a core system so all I had was the lame wired one)

SirDrums
03-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Ok here goes my first initial review:

I am a very picky person when it comes to video games, they need to have an immersive story, great visuals and be open ended enough to have great replay value. So far Oblivion is on track to deliver that in spades. There have been very few games that have immersed me into the world as this one has.

Story:
The story grabs you by the stones the moment you jump into the game. What I didn't like about morrowwind was that I wasn't given much direction after getting off the ship. I liked the idea of going where ever I wanted but it seemed almost pointless to me. Oblivion makes sure you understand what the main storyline is about before thrusting you out into the world, I really liked that. Having said that, there are still a million questions that can only be answered by asking around and paying attention. There is no hand holding here.

Rating: A++

Graphics:
Stunning. I ran the first 2 hours of the game with 6xAA on and was blown away by how pretty things were. Water is much like the water in HL2. Grass and trees sway in the breeze. Rain and lightning are believable. The textures are very well done with a great use of bump mapping. Most characters look great with the exception of a few looking like the hard plastic models you see a lot in Doom3. I had to turn the AA down to 2x after thing started to get busy and I immediately noticed the difference, The leaves on tress and the edges of grass became more jagged but I got used to it after a few moments.

The one 'bad' thing about the graphics I noticed right away (and its more bc of the limits of current hardware) was that even though objects up close looked great, distant objects were flat and lacked much detail at all, as you travel you can see the engine rendering objects, grass and things just pop up right out of the ground! amazing!

Sound:
Very well done. The music does a great job in setting the mood and drawing you into the game. The difference you feel between walking through a peaceful country path and it suddenly become a battle ground are well pronounced.

The voice acting seems good (I have never been to picky about this) Kudos on getting Patrick Stewart (Star trek Next gen Captain Juan-Luc Pricard) to voice the emperor, he did a great job. My only gripe with the voices would be when I ran into a beggar in one of the cities, his voice seemed to change when answering different questions. It changed more than just in pitch, it sounded like two different people.

The sound effects are very well done, I enjoy the little details companies put into their games, like walking over a wooden bridge sounds different than walking over a stone path (you would be surprised how many games cut corners here), the whistle of your arrows flying through the air, the thud of enemy weapons on your shield. I have no complaints here yet. The game sounds great.

Combat:
The combat system seems simple yet I feel It will be some time before I master it. I love the right mouse-shield, left mouse-Strike combo. Its great putting your shield up to you face waiting for the enemy to strike and the countering after it does. I love how when you shoot an enemy with arrows that you can see the arrows stuck in them, these aren't little cheesy 2d looking arrows, they are more like the thick and mean arrows you saw in the LOTR movies. As a bonus, once you layout the monster with 12 arrows in him, you can walk over and pull the arrows out of him and use them again. That's what I call econo-combat. Another nice feature is that the models are Rag doll models. The enemy corpse with properly slump and fall over the terrain like you see in most modern FPS games.

Magic seems well done also, I am mainly a warrior so I don't cast much but the spells I do cast seem to work well with nice particle and lighting effects.

Conclusion:
I was starting to get burned out on games here recently, maybe that would have been a good thing? I'll never know now bc this little gem promises to keep me coming back for more and more. I am even already think about playing again after I beat it as another character and I NEVER play single player games more than once. Great job!!!!

If you haven't picked up this game yet, you are doing yourself a great injustice. Just be prepared to lose a lot of sleep and deal with jealous females!!

Majpain
03-22-2006, 05:03 PM
My PC cant handle this game :(.I need more Ram and update on a graphic card.

Marino2Clayton
03-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Ok here goes my first initial review:

I am a very picky person when it comes to video games, they need to have an immersive story, great visuals and be open ended enough to have great replay value. So far Oblivion is on track to deliver that in spades. There have been very few games that have immersed me into the world as this one has.

Story:
The story grabs you by the stones the moment you jump into the game. What I didn't like about morrowwind was that I wasn't given much direction after getting off the ship. I liked the idea of going where ever I wanted but it seemed almost pointless to me. Oblivion makes sure you understand what the main storyline is about before thrusting you out into the world, I really liked that. Having said that, there are still a million questions that can only be answered by asking around and paying attention. There is no hand holding here.

Rating: A++

Graphics:
Stunning. I ran the first 2 hours of the game with 6xAA on and was blown away by how pretty things were. Water is much like the water in HL2. Grass and trees sway in the breeze. Rain and lightning are believable. The textures are very well done with a great use of bump mapping. Most characters look great with the exception of a few looking like the hard plastic models you see a lot in Doom3. I had to turn the AA down to 2x after thing started to get busy and I immediately noticed the difference, The leaves on tress and the edges of grass became more jagged but I got used to it after a few moments.

The one 'bad' thing about the graphics I noticed right away (and its more bc of the limits of current hardware) was that even though objects up close looked great, distant objects were flat and lacked much detail at all, as you travel you can see the engine rendering objects, grass and things just pop up right out of the ground! amazing!

Sound:
Very well done. The music does a great job in setting the mood and drawing you into the game. The difference you feel between walking through a peaceful country path and it suddenly become a battle ground are well pronounced.

The voice acting seems good (I have never been to picky about this) Kudos on getting Patrick Stewart (Star trek Next gen Captain Juan-Luc Pricard) to voice the emperor, he did a great job. My only gripe with the voices would be when I ran into a beggar in one of the cities, his voice seemed to change when answering different questions. It changed more than just in pitch, it sounded like two different people.

The sound effects are very well done, I enjoy the little details companies put into their games, like walking over a wooden bridge sounds different than walking over a stone path (you would be surprised how many games cut corners here), the whistle of your arrows flying through the air, the thud of enemy weapons on your shield. I have no complaints here yet. The game sounds great.

Combat:
The combat system seems simple yet I feel It will be some time before I master it. I love the right mouse-shield, left mouse-Strike combo. Its great putting your shield up to you face waiting for the enemy to strike and the countering after it does. I love how when you shoot an enemy with arrows that you can see the arrows stuck in them, these aren't little cheesy 2d looking arrows, they are more like the thick and mean arrows you saw in the LOTR movies. As a bonus, once you layout the monster with 12 arrows in him, you can walk over and pull the arrows out of him and use them again. That's what I call econo-combat. Another nice feature is that the models are Rag doll models. The enemy corpse with properly slump and fall over the terrain like you see in most modern FPS games.

Magic seems well done also, I am mainly a warrior so I don't cast much but the spells I do cast seem to work well with nice particle and lighting effects.

Conclusion:
I was starting to get burned out on games here recently, maybe that would have been a good thing? I'll never know now bc this little gem promises to keep me coming back for more and more. I am even already think about playing again after I beat it as another character and I NEVER play single player games more than once. Great job!!!!

If you haven't picked up this game yet, you are doing yourself a great injustice. Just be prepared to lose a lot of sleep and deal with jealous females!!

Thanks for the review. I picked up my copy last night, but have been so tired from work that I didn't get to play it. I'm having to put in another 12 hour day today and won't get off until about 7 EST. I'm really tired so I'll probably just sit back and watch the "making of" DVD that came with the CE.

mor911
03-23-2006, 09:28 AM
The Mor has put a lot of time into this game so far. It's great. I'm part of the Mages guild, and I'm a Nightblade. Just made level 3 last night.

A Wing Pilot
03-23-2006, 10:10 AM
The Mor has put a lot of time into this game so far. It's great. I'm part of the Mages guild, and I'm a Nightblade. Just made level 3 last night.

Yet you still have time for the ladies.... Amazing, simply amazing:wink:

I've got 15 minof gameplay in on the 360, then the damn kids started crying. Oh well looks like this game is going to take me a while.... But so far A+++

mor911
03-23-2006, 11:32 AM
Work sucks.. All The Mor can thgink about is Oblivion. All I want to do is go to the next town and go on some crazy quest to kill some crazy monsters.

This game is too addicting. I'm splitting play time with my roomate, or I'd never stop.

Definitely and RPG of the year candidate... I can see this being a greater game than FF12.... seriously.

EDIT -- Forgot to mention, I aquired the PC version also. Installed it on the laptop and it runs great. So I started a new character on the PC version. That's my Nord Knight. good times, just made it out of the sewers.

John Biello
03-23-2006, 08:15 PM
agreed im a level 3 as well. outside of bruma looking for some wand3ering starngers. im a khajii, the cat dude (if thats how u spell it) havent joined any factions yet other than the blades though, still finding my niche. i want to make love to this game. luckily for me last nite i cut my finger and got 9 stiches, allowing me to leave work early and play all nite/.

Deus Ex Dolphin
03-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Just got my Imperial Marksman out of the sewers, and came out at night. Very cool looking moon, and a ton of stars. Do I just wander around now, or get to work on the main quest?

I'll decide that when the wife gives me chance to play again. She has her Nord Warrior riding around on a horse doing... I don't know what. I'm trying not to follow her playing too closely so I don't spoil any surprises for myself. Riding on a horse looks pretty cool though.

The best thing about Morrowind, and now Oblivion, is that EACH person has a unique adventure. None of that linear RPG crap, where everyone has the same basic experience. This makes for a TON of replay value too. No reason you can't get 80-100 hours out of this game, and that is pretty good gaming value.

BTW, seeing this on our "starter" HDTV, a 26" Samsung, in 720P is really nice. I should pop in Morrowind on the old Xbox and compare... :eek:

:D

nosis
03-23-2006, 11:05 PM
I usually don't like games like this but the mor's posts along with the rest of you made me want to find out what the fuss was about... this game is pretty good... so far. I'm a Khatji (Lion thingy) Assassin. Just got out of the sewers and its great visuals lucky for me... I have no job.

N-A
03-24-2006, 12:28 AM
I highly recommend doing the sidequest for the Countess of Bruma (can't remember the name of it). I spent over three hours on it today and it doesn't get boring at all. That's one of the things I love about this game over Morrowind. The quests are really intricate (not "go here and get me this item").

PeaTearGriffin
03-24-2006, 11:14 AM
okay well after a little mistake by my roommate who deleted my game, i have my character, im only a level 2 right now and i just got back to wellington pryor(i think thats what its called) anyway, im a dark elf, my sign is the shadow and my class is assassin. Anyway after the little set back of having him being deleted i really like my character, now only if i could get one of the monks katana's(sp?)

mor911
03-24-2006, 11:46 AM
Made lvl 4 last night, Dark Elf Night Blade... Adicted.

UltraDol-Fan
03-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Made lvl 4 last night, Dark Elf Night Blade... Adicted.

Hopefully I can pick it up this weekend. I'm going to start negotiating tonight :wink:

mor911
03-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Hopefully I can pick it up this weekend. I'm going to start negotiating tonight :wink:
You HAVE to bro... You're doing yourself a HUGE injustice by waiting this long. :wink:

Combat has been revamped 100X since Morrowind. The quests are a 1000X more interesting, and the story line is interesting (something most free roaming RPGs can't pull off).

Pagan
03-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Just started playing and I can tell I'm going to be divorced soon. :roflmao:

Amazing game. Drawn into it IMMEDIATELY!

mor911
03-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Wrote a lil something something on Oblivion...
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=133054

Majpain
03-26-2006, 01:21 AM
What are the syestem requirements?

mor911
03-26-2006, 02:30 AM
What are the syestem requirements? Recommended:
3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
1 GB System RAM
ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video cardMinimum System Requirements:
Windows XP
512MB System RAM
2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
128MB Direct3D compatible video card
and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
8x DVD-ROM drive
4.6 GB free hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c (included)
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
Keyboard, MouseSupported Video Card Chipsets:
ATI X1900 series
ATI X1800 series
ATI X1600 series
ATI X1300 series
ATI X850 series
ATI x800 series
ATI x700 series
ATI x600 series
ATI Radeon 9800 series
ATI Radeon 9700 series
ATI Radeon 9600 series
ATI Radeon 9500 series
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
NVIDIA GeForce FX seriesOr, get an Xbox 360 :D

A Wing Pilot
03-26-2006, 09:45 AM
FYI for 360'ers maybe one of you pc'ers can tell me if this works:

In the Talos district of the Imperial City is the house of a man named Dorian. Enter the house and kill Dorian. When looting his body, highlight his gold and press A...and keep on pressing. His gold will never run out, giving you access to infinite funds. At any time, you can return to Dorian's house to loot more money from his corpse.

also MOR.. I've played for ever and am not leveling up how'd you get to 4 so dang fast???

I am a Nord Knight born under the stars of the warrior. I am a custom class that includes:

Blade
Blunt
marksman
defense(sheilds)
Athletics
Heavy armor
Destruction
(that way i can go ranged or melee)

For those that are just starting I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest as you get towards the tunnel out of the sewers you create a custom save there.Why? well you have the option to re-roll your character. That way if you play again you ccan just sart there and not have to do the whole newbie tutorial again.

SirDrums
03-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Good idea about the save a wing.

You are supposed to level up by finding a bed somewhere and sleeping. There is a message that comes up that says basically, "You should rest and meditate on what you have learned." That when you know its time.

PeaTearGriffin
03-26-2006, 10:35 AM
i wanted to do a custom class just because i wanted magic, but i ended up just picking assassin

mor911
03-26-2006, 10:57 AM
FYI for 360'ers maybe one of you pc'ers can tell me if this works:

In the Talos district of the Imperial City is the house of a man named Dorian. Enter the house and kill Dorian. When looting his body, highlight his gold and press A...and keep on pressing. His gold will never run out, giving you access to infinite funds. At any time, you can return to Dorian's house to loot more money from his corpse.

also MOR.. I've played for ever and am not leveling up how'd you get to 4 so dang fast???

I am a Nord Knight born under the stars of the warrior. I am a custom class that includes:

Blade
Blunt
marksman
defense(sheilds)
Athletics
Heavy armor
Destruction
(that way i can go ranged or melee)

For those that are just starting I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest as you get towards the tunnel out of the sewers you create a custom save there.Why? well you have the option to re-roll your character. That way if you play again you ccan just sart there and not have to do the whole newbie tutorial again.
Here's the thing to remember about the Elderscrolls, you only get leveled up for getting 10 total points in you MAJOR skills. For example, if you have Blade, Block, Sneak, Merchantile, Destruction, Restoration, Blunt, and Light Armor as major skills, you can get 5 points in sneak and 5 points in blade, and get a level up (this is an example).

My roomate kinda got screwed and is considering re-rolling his character. He has a character (Knight) who has Blade, Bare Knuckles, Blunt, and Illusion as some of his major skills. He only uses Blade out of this group, and in Elderscrolls YOU ONLY GET BETTER AT WHAT YOU USE! There is no EXP system... If you don't use your major skills, you will not level up.

When you do level up, like SirDrums said... You have to sleep IN A BED. Have fun bro. :D

The Mor's XBL info http://live.xbox.com/member/MoR911

Majpain
03-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Argh can't run the game and it looks great too.Looks like a graphic hog.

mor911
03-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Argh can't run the game and it looks great too.Looks like a graphic hog.
I play this game on 360, but also have it on PC (don't ask). I got it to run on my AMD athlon 2200 with an Nvidia 4800 64mb video card with 512 ram. This is WAY under specs, but it ran at a playable speed.... Looked like a PS2 game, but it was still very playable.

PeaTearGriffin
03-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Mor quick question about leveling then lets say you are a mage and my guess(i didn't check) is that blade would not be a major skill, but if you use blade a lot and you keep increasing your blade skill lets just say to the extreme 100, would this not level you up? So you could become really good with a blade and still only be a level 5 mage? Mainly wondering because i want to use destruction magic but its not a major skill

John Biello
03-26-2006, 04:25 PM
i just did a mission for the assassins, had to break into the prison and kill someone, they told me not to kill any guards, well i got kind of tired of being lost and sneaking around, i must have killed like 8 imperials, completed the mision then spent some good time in jail to think about what a bad little khajii i am. im at level 6 now. got some stuff to work on though.

mor911
03-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Mor quick question about leveling then lets say you are a mage and my guess(i didn't check) is that blade would not be a major skill, but if you use blade a lot and you keep increasing your blade skill lets just say to the extreme 100, would this not level you up? So you could become really good with a blade and still only be a level 5 mage? Mainly wondering because i want to use destruction magic but its not a major skill
One of the beautiful things about the Elderscrolls games is that you can train your guy to be good at any skill you want. While your character will begin to get perks for that skill, you can only level up with major skills... there's rumors that you can somehow change classes or major skills in the game somewhere... No info on it yet.

Majpain
03-26-2006, 05:28 PM
I play this game on 360, but also have it on PC (don't ask). I got it to run on my AMD athlon 2200 with an Nvidia 4800 64mb video card with 512 ram. This is WAY under specs, but it ran at a playable speed.... Looked like a PS2 game, but it was still very playable.

You think a Nvidea Geforce FX 5200 can run it?I got 512 ram also looking to upgrade Ram and graphic card.As it stands right now I cant afford the game so i'll just wait for t he game to come down...

Dolfan11
03-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Guys, I'm new to Elderscrolls, and let me say, so far it's the best RPG I've ever played. I made the following, a variation of a paladin class:

-Nord born under the Warrior star.
-Combat/Strength-Endurance
-Athletics
-Armorer
-Blade
-Block
-Restoration
-Acrobatics
-Heavy Armor

I have a couple of questions if I can get some help. When and where can I get a mount? Will all mobs I run into be around my same level, or will it be like most MMORPG's where different areas have higher level mobs? Last, for my custom class, I choose what I believed to be most affective for my play style; what do you think of it?

SirDrums
03-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Guys, I'm new to Elderscrolls, and let me say, so far it's the best RPG I've ever played. I made the following, a variation of a paladin class:

-Nord born under the Warrior star.
-Combat/Strength-Endurance
-Athletics
-Armorer
-Blade
-Block
-Restoration
-Acrobatics
-Heavy Armor

I have a couple of questions if I can get some help. When and where can I get a mount? Will all mobs I run into be around my same level, or will it be like most MMORPG's where different areas have higher level mobs? Last, for my custom class, I choose what I believed to be most affective for my play style; what do you think of it?

You can get a mount at that stables found outside of the major cities. They can be expensive though, the whit horse that I have cost 4k gold. If you play the main quest through a few missions you will get a horse for free.

I don't think anyone has totally figured out the way the game levels mobs. From my experience though whatever they are doing works great. For example, I was fighting in the arena and was getting my tail handed to me by one of the gladiator ranked guys. So, I decided to go questing a bit and return later. When I did return I was about 3-4 levels higher than I was originally. When I stepped out into the arena the first thing I noticed is the same guy had better armor and a better sword than he had before but the battle was much easier as I killed him in my first try. So even though the game does scale mobs you still get the feeling that you are becoming more powerful. Last night I took on a bunch of the Mythic Dawn guys and beat them all after a few tries. when I was at a lower level, I barely could take one.

Dolfan11
03-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the advice. One more question. After making my character and selecting his class/abilities, he had one spell from the destruction class; Flare. Is this given to all characters by default, because none of my classes/skills deal with destruction.

A Wing Pilot
03-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the advice. One more question. After making my character and selecting his class/abilities, he had one spell from the destruction class; Flare. Is this given to all characters by default, because none of my classes/skills deal with destruction.

Its a minor skill it will not help you level up. As far as seeing a guy about a horse, I suggest you go to jauffre's church and pray about it... perhaps the monk there can help you out :wink:

mor911
03-27-2006, 05:34 PM
You can get a mount at that stables found outside of the major cities. They can be expensive though, the whit horse that I have cost 4k gold. If you play the main quest through a few missions you will get a horse for free.

I don't think anyone has totally figured out the way the game levels mobs. From my experience though whatever they are doing works great. For example, I was fighting in the arena and was getting my tail handed to me by one of the gladiator ranked guys. So, I decided to go questing a bit and return later. When I did return I was about 3-4 levels higher than I was originally. When I stepped out into the arena the first thing I noticed is the same guy had better armor and a better sword than he had before but the battle was much easier as I killed him in my first try. So even though the game does scale mobs you still get the feeling that you are becoming more powerful. Last night I took on a bunch of the Mythic Dawn guys and beat them all after a few tries. when I was at a lower level, I barely could take one.
The level of the monsters (and loot in special areas) are 100% dependant on your level. As long as its not a quest monster, it'll be at (or within) 2-3 below or above you.

John Biello
03-28-2006, 01:00 AM
anyone else dabbling in vampirism?

TJamesW_phinfan
03-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Ok now I have to go buy this game. I played the first three elder scrolls and liked them even though the evironment in Morrwind was too alien for my taste. I was going to wait till the price dropped a bit but you guys have me stoked on this thing. :)

UltraDol-Fan
03-28-2006, 06:10 PM
It's worth it, I got it on Friday and have put in over 20 hours already. I've been doing a lot of side quest. I have a lvl 11 Nord Knight.

Dolfan11
03-28-2006, 09:36 PM
It's worth it, I got it on Friday and have put in over 20 hours already. I've been doing a lot of side quest. I have a lvl 11 Nord Knight.

Maybe someone can help me (again!). My major skills are Athletics/Acrobatics/Armorer/Heavy Armor/Block/Blade/Restoration. I'm a little lost on how the training works. You start off in each of your 7 major skills as apprentice, so I'm assuming, once the xp bar for that particular skill fills up, is when you train that skill? Thanks, any and all help is appreciated.

UltraDol-Fan, out of curiosity, what game is the one with the spade icon?

PeaTearGriffin
03-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Maybe someone can help me (again!). My major skills are Athletics/Acrobatics/Armorer/Heavy Armor/Block/Blade/Restoration. I'm a little lost on how the training works. You start off in each of your 7 major skills as apprentice, so I'm assuming, once the xp bar for that particular skill fills up, is when you train that skill? Thanks, any and all help is appreciated.

UltraDol-Fan, out of curiosity, what game is the one with the spade icon? i think when the red bar for that skill fills up, then that skill goes up 1. training is a quick way to do this, everytime you train the area you are training in goes up 1. however i think you can only train 5 times at each class level...i could be wrong though

John Biello
03-28-2006, 11:49 PM
nobody has become a vampire yet..? im also having a bit of trouble, i cant figure out how to kill willothewisp, and im being denied a quest at some shrine because im not repulsive enough...anybody have any ideas

UltraDol-Fan
03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
UltraDol-Fan, out of curiosity, what game is the one with the spade icon?

Hardwood Spades, it's one of the games you can download of Xbox Live Arcade.

I haven't done any vampirism yet. I got the disease but I had it cured right away. I have another problem I need help with too, though. I did that quest for the wife at the farm above Anvil about getting her special mace back from her husband. When I was in the dungeon I saved my game after I killed him and took the mace. When I loaded my game up again I checked his body again and there was another mace there exactly the same. Now when I go to finish the quest she doesn't recognize that I have her item, so I went back to the dungeon and checked his body and there was another mace, exactly the same. So I took that one too and took that one back and she still won't complete the quest. So now I have 3 identical maces in my inventory that I can't sell or throw away (becasue they are quest items). Any ideas?

KevInMotion
04-03-2006, 11:19 PM
freakin sick game, just got it, i killed morrowind, and i cant wait to get on this one.

N-A
04-04-2006, 02:38 AM
I've never had trouble with Will O' Wisps. Just hit them with a few good spells or use an enchanted weapon on them. It might be because I'm playing a magic-based character (just made Arch-Mage in the Mage's Guild). On my next play-through, I'm going Warrior all the way. Maybe then I'll feel your pain.

UltraDol-Fan
04-04-2006, 10:16 AM
I've never had trouble with Will O' Wisps. Just hit them with a few good spells or use an enchanted weapon on them. It might be because I'm playing a magic-based character (just made Arch-Mage in the Mage's Guild). On my next play-through, I'm going Warrior all the way. Maybe then I'll feel your pain.

I've had some trouble with the Wil o wisps, too. They regenerate so fast if you don't hit em with enough damage they never die.

DwayneWade
04-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm not into rpg's that are not online anymore personally.. my bro has it but its just not as interesting when its not online.

mor911
04-05-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm not into rpg's that are not online anymore personally.. my bro has it but its just not as interesting when its not online.
Bro seriously... This game is amazing. You'd be cheating yourself to not at least try it.

Phin-o-rama
04-05-2006, 03:13 PM
a friend of mine sent me a copy....i played for like an hour, then went back to WoW...

NEVER PLAY WoW .....you can get hooked so easily lol...its alot of fun

DwayneWade
04-05-2006, 03:21 PM
a friend of mine sent me a copy....i played for like an hour, then went back to WoW...

NEVER PLAY WoW .....you can get hooked so easily lol...its alot of fun
Bro i got WoW i play stormreaver level 54 hunter.. I'm so bored of it i cant play it for more than 5 minutes. I can never get into BG's I think its so boring now. But when I first started it was one of the funniest games ive ever played.

DwayneWade
04-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Bro seriously... This game is amazing. You'd be cheating yourself to not at least try it.
Bro happy that your not really leaving :D but yea I think im going to get it for computer not sure if im going to like it even tho it sounds awesome.. bro told me you can join a guild in jail... he has it for 360.

Pauly
04-09-2006, 08:30 PM
How does Oblivion compare to Morrowind?

I loved Morrowind, but there were some things I didn't really care for, namely:
1) Some of the Races and Star Signs you could select for your character were extremely useful and others next to useless, meaning that character creation wasn't as challenging as it could be.
2) Some of the quests had too much of a "fetch and carry" feel which got a bit tedious.
3) Too much walking. No complaint about walking around to find a town/ruin/cave, but when you have to spend 5 to 10 minutes of gametime walking to get from A to B over ground you've walked over plenty of times because there's no transport shortcut and you have to do it because it's part of the main quest sucked.

Have these been fixed/improved?

UltraDol-Fan
04-10-2006, 09:30 AM
you can now fast travel to any location that you have previously been too, and any city even if you haven't been there.

finsrule84
04-13-2006, 10:04 PM
OMG i just finished the tutorial and wow this game is amazing... so much fun too, i love the first person view. seriously, if you don't have this game, even if you don't like RPGs, go buy it... NOW! you don't know what you're missing

TJamesW_phinfan
04-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Finaly got around to getting and love it. Some impressive AI on the goblin caster during the begining. Loved the log thing too. I started a Spellsword Breton but will probably start a custom build once I get a better feel for it. I am canceling my WoW account I have just had it with that game.

Also looking forword to Heroes of Might and Magic 5 due out soon if any remember that turn based strategy series. :)

Edit: Oops character is an imperial not breton I was half asleep when I started the game. It keeps getting better. The environment is amazingly well done. Even though I liked Morrowwind the environment bugged me for some reason. Very nice that they allowed a remaking of your character on exiting the sewer so I could switch to a custom build.

finsrule84
04-13-2006, 11:30 PM
BTW i'm a redguard, my sign is the warrior and i created a custom class, the obliterator :D

Dolfan11
04-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Anyone else having this problem? I'm halfway through the Fighter's Guild quests, and while doing a piece of the main quest; I come back to continue the Fighter's Guild quests only to find that I've been expelled. Why? For no reason, never did anything to them. Read on some other boards that this is a recurring problem for players. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

UltraDol-Fan
04-14-2006, 03:19 PM
probably just a glitch. This game seems to have a lot of them. rumor is a patch is in the works

mor911
04-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Anyone else having this problem? I'm halfway through the Fighter's Guild quests, and while doing a piece of the main quest; I come back to continue the Fighter's Guild quests only to find that I've been expelled. Why? For no reason, never did anything to them. Read on some other boards that this is a recurring problem for players. Was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
The Mor's not in the fighter's guild. I am a Master Theif though.

dQbell
04-14-2006, 05:13 PM
The 5.1 in this game is great,, not to mention the musical score. I'm still in the sewers and just shot a rat out of the air with some fire ball thingy.

Just to catch a glimpse of the surround sound. My friend was playing and he's walking along. I hear something squirmish. I say, man, there's something behind you. He turns around and there was goblin looking thing. Very cool.

This game has really impressed me thus far, and I'm hardly into RPGs.

finsrule84
04-15-2006, 12:30 AM
wow there are so many things to do. i got a little lost there after finishing the tutorial but after an hour or so of hanging around in the city i'm getting tons of quests, i don't even know where to start. i'm not even going to to start the main quest in some time.

BTW i love the Arena, it's awesome

UltraDol-Fan
04-15-2006, 01:40 PM
the arena is good, one cool thing about it is the characters you fight stay proportionate to your level. So if you leave and come back stronger they will be stronger too.

Pagan
04-17-2006, 09:46 AM
the arena is good, one cool thing about it is the characters you fight stay proportionate to your level. So if you leave and come back stronger they will be stronger too.
I'm still trying to beat the final three at once to become Champion. Man, what a tough fight!

Became a vampire this past weekend. LOVING the extra powers, but man....stay away from the sunlight! :lol:

UltraDol-Fan
04-17-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm still trying to beat the final three at once to become Champion. Man, what a tough fight!

Became a vampire this past weekend. LOVING the extra powers, but man....stay away from the sunlight! :lol:

If you bite people your powers will lessen and you will be able to go out in the sunlight. I know, it's backwards but that's how it works.

Pagan
04-17-2006, 10:20 AM
If you bite people your powers will lessen and you will be able to go out in the sunlight. I know, it's backwards but that's how it works.
Oh I know that bro...but it's so much more fun to stay powerful. :D

Besides, even if normal vendors won't deal with me official Guild vendors will, and being a vampire helps in one of the Daedra Shrine quests. :wink:

UltraDol-Fan
04-17-2006, 10:52 AM
when I finish my current guy I'm going to start a new one and make him a vampire. I got bitten last night and forgot to heal myself, and when I woke up I ran around with it for a little bit. lucky for me I had a save since I don't want this guy to be a vampire. i've been having some problems with the Daedra shrines. I haven't spent much time with them though. It seems all the ones I found you have to do something pretty evil...

Pagan
04-17-2006, 10:56 AM
It seems all the ones I found you have to do something pretty evil...
One of them you have to be either drunk or ugly for them to even talk to you! :rofl3:

NuttyFin
04-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Don't click this link if you dont want to see the end of Oblivion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsvfqglUjAw&search=elder%20scrolls%20oblivion

Dolfan11
04-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I've only done one Daedric Shrine Artifact quest, which is the one artifact (a hammer) I used for the main quest (you need to turn it into Martin). I plan on doing the others, after I complete the main quest. I posted a problem I was having earlier, about getting randomly kicked out of guilds. I have no save, and the re-acceptance missions are no fun. Do you think the patch will fix this, and I will be back in the guild?

UltraDol-Fan
04-18-2006, 05:52 PM
I've only done one Daedric Shrine Artifact quest, which is the one artifact (a hammer) I used for the main quest (you need to turn it into Martin). I plan on doing the others, after I complete the main quest. I posted a problem I was having earlier, about getting randomly kicked out of guilds. I have no save, and the re-acceptance missions are no fun. Do you think the patch will fix this, and I will be back in the guild?

I think the only way to get back in a guild is to do the quest they send you on after you get kicked out. I got kicked out once randomly and the guy said go see so-and-so to get back in. Luckily I had a save and just restarted it.

And you can take Martin any Daedric artifact, I took him some star...

Pagan
04-19-2006, 09:11 AM
And you can take Martin any Daedric artifact, I took him some star...
Bad move....that star is better off in your hands. You f'ed up bro.

As far as getting kicked out of guilds, don't break the law and you won't. :wink:

UltraDol-Fan
04-19-2006, 09:38 AM
why's it a bad move. The only artifact I want is the skeleton key.

Pagan
04-19-2006, 10:08 AM
It's like a soul gem bro, but you can use it over and over.

UltraDol-Fan
04-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Eh, oh well. I can't even cast the soul trap spell. my guy has like no magika. I just pay people to recharge my stuff or use soul gems that I find already filled. suprisingly I have found a lot of them.

mor911
04-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Anyone get to the top of the theives guild yet? Grey Fox has me doing these weird fetch quests for his... I hope I get his mask.

Last night my roomie got to the top of the Fighter's Guild... Now he's like a mob boss, getting his cut from other people's earnings.

UltraDol-Fan
04-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Anyone get to the top of the theives guild yet? Grey Fox has me doing these weird fetch quests for his... I hope I get his mask.

Last night my roomie got to the top of the Fighter's Guild... Now he's like a mob boss, getting his cut from other people's earnings.

nice, I am almost to the top of the fighter's guild and the mage's guild, even though my magic sucks. It's funny cause it is so easy to go throught the mages guild (so far) The only thing I've run into so far was that ring of burden (I couldn't cast the spell) so I bought a potion to use instead.

mor911
04-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Damnit, The Mor accidentally contracted Vampirism... Anyone know how to lose it?

Dolfan11
04-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Eh, oh well. I can't even cast the soul trap spell. my guy has like no magika. I just pay people to recharge my stuff or use soul gems that I find already filled. suprisingly I have found a lot of them.

Where do you go to get people to recharge your items?

mor911
04-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Damnit, The Mor accidentally contracted Vampirism... Anyone know how to lose it?
Here yah go Mor!!!
http://channels.lockergnome.com/game/archives/20060412_how_to_cure_vampirism_in_oblivion.phtml

:(

Pagan
04-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Been trying for DAYS now bro. It sucks BIG time! :fire:

SECfootball
04-22-2006, 06:35 PM
So, how much do you guys like this game?

mor911
04-23-2006, 12:24 AM
So, how much do you guys like this game?
My favorite 360 game... My favorite RPG... My favorite game?

UltraDol-Fan
04-23-2006, 02:33 PM
sorry Mor, just saw your post. This is some info on Vampirism

What is the quest?
You first need to speak to a chapel priest about finding a cure for vampirism. He will tell you to visit Raminus Polus, who is located at Arcane University in the Imperial City. He will then send you off to visit Count Hassildor of Skingrad. You should find his steward at Castle Skingrad. When you arrange a meeting with the Count he will tell you to find a woman by the name of Melisande, in the wilderness along the Corbolo River, east of the Imperial City and South of Cheydinhal.

When you find her she agrees to help you cure yourself. Your first task is to find 5 Empty Grand Soul Gems. You should first look in the Mages Guilds in the major cities. They usually cost somewhere between 300-400 gold, so be prepared to spend some gold. Once when you have collected the Grand Sould Gems, take them back to Melisande. She will then give you another task.

Melisande will now send you out to find five ingredients to complete the cure. Here is a list:
1.) 6 cloves of garlic
2.) 5 nightshade leaves
3.) 2 shoots of bloodgrass
4.) Argonian Blood
5.) Vampire Ashes of Hindaril

The garlic and nightshade leaves can be found in some of the Mages Guilds. Look in some of the ingredient and magic shops also to find what you need. The bloodgrass can be found in Oblivion. Enter through a gate and you should see some around the entrance. Melisande will also give you a dagger to stab an argonian with. Any argonian will do. He does not have to be killed, but beware that you will most likely receive a bounty for this crime.

You can go back to Melisande and return those 4 ingredients or wait and find the Vampire Ashes of Hindaril. Hindaril can be found in Redwater Slough, which is near the North Panther River. Beware that there are a lot of enemies between you and Hindaril so come prepared.

After you aquire the ashes head back to Melisande so she can whip up a potion for you. It will take her 24 hours to make the potion. When she is done, she will hand you two doses. One of them is for you and the other is for the Count. Take the 2nd dose back to Hal-Liurz in the Skingrad Castle. Follow what she says, and the quest will come to an end. You do get a small reward also.

http://forums.xbox.com/3303642/ShowPost.aspx

mor911
04-23-2006, 07:29 PM
The Mor is cured of his vampirism... :D

TheAnswer385
04-23-2006, 07:32 PM
The Mor is cured of his vampirism... :Dis this game a blast for real???? i like zelda and Resident Evil so im not sure if its my style...maybe i should rent....Gametrailors.com has it rated the 2nd best 360 game.

mor911
04-23-2006, 08:22 PM
To The Mor it's THE best 360 game... Fight Night is great, no doubt. But this game is too engaging and too open to be over looked. There is no other game out there than can deliver the full on free gameplay style that Oblivion offers. Think GTA meets Fallout...

TheAnswer385
04-23-2006, 08:29 PM
To The Mor it's THE best 360 game... Fight Night is great, no doubt. But this game is too engaging and too open to be over looked. There is no other game out there than can deliver the full on free gameplay style that Oblivion offers. Think GTA meets Fallout...Sounds good to me :D i think i will go out and cop that..i have like a week or so to wait till my 360 gets here though so i think i will just look at the instructions till then :lol:

Pagan
04-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Great, I've been thrown out of the Mage's Guild, so before Polus will help me I have to get 20 Dragon's Tongue flowers and 20 Redwort Flowers. :fire:

Where the hell do ya find THOSE????

TheAnswer385
04-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Great, I've been thrown out of the Mage's Guild, so before Polus will help me I have to get 20 Dragon's Tongue flowers and 20 Redwort Flowers. :fire:

Where the hell do ya find THOSE????your avy hurts my eyes :mad::tongue:

NuttyFin
04-23-2006, 10:13 PM
An easy way to lose it is to buy a few Mandrake Roots and eat them before you become a vampire.

NuttyFin
04-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Has anyone played in the arena? Im up to the rank of Myrmidon

UltraDol-Fan
04-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Has anyone played in the arena? Im up to the rank of Myrmidon

yeah, it's cool. It's one of the easier questlines since the combatants will always be comparable in skill to you.

Pagan
04-24-2006, 10:23 AM
yeah, it's cool. It's one of the easier questlines since the combatants will always be comparable in skill to you.
Yea, but when you get to Champion and they toss a magician, an archer AND another Champion at you it's a *****!

UltraDol-Fan
04-24-2006, 10:29 AM
in mine only the one was a champion. the other two I think were bloodletters, and I got Porkchop...this actually only took me 2 tries. the first time I died cause I went after the mage and the champion kept hitting me in the back. the second time I went after the champion and Porkchop killed the mage right off :lol:
after that the archer tried to run out of the Arena and Porkchop chased him into a corner

Pagan
04-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Gotta love Porkchop! :lol:

Pagan
04-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Beware, puny denizens....Brother Pagan is now a loyal member of the Dark Brotherhood.

Bow your heads and pray for mercy....:lol:

mor911
04-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Oh yeah, The Mor is the Grey Fox :D

PeaTearGriffin
04-25-2006, 10:39 AM
I haven't been able to play for 2 weeks :boohoo:

School and work are killing me.

What level are you guys?

mor911
04-25-2006, 10:45 AM
The Mor's a level 15 :D

UltraDol-Fan
04-25-2006, 11:09 AM
I think I'm level 17 or 18, can't remeber though.

Pagan
04-25-2006, 01:26 PM

NuttyFin
04-25-2006, 07:42 PM
4 :(

I only play on weekends.

NuttyFin
04-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Beware, puny denizens....Brother Pagan is now a loyal member of the Dark Brotherhood.

Bow your heads and pray for mercy....:lol:

What do you do in the Dark Brotherhood?

mor911
04-25-2006, 08:02 PM
What do you do in the Dark Brotherhood?
Assassinate the good folks of Cyrodil :evil:

TheAnswer385
04-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Ok guys i got the game...I must say its prety sweet...im playing blind with this magic tho

xDOLPHINSx
04-27-2006, 09:03 PM
I haven't been able to play for 2 weeks :boohoo:

School and work are killing me.

What level are you guys?

36...:D

TheAnswer385
04-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Im on level 2!!!! WOOOOoo

TheAnswer385
05-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Ok so im on the 2nd "mission" looking for that dudes son...I found him and now these other dudes said "they we cant help you get them out untill you can close the gate"...what do i do???? im kinda stuck and i get killed alot by the little demons. im only a level 2 and my guy is kinda weak at them moment.

UltraDol-Fan
05-02-2006, 09:49 AM
you actually have to close that gate before he will come with you. if you don't want to run around and level your guy up you can change the game difficuty. I've done it a couple times when I didn't want to spend hours in a dungeon late at night.

TheAnswer385
05-02-2006, 04:04 PM
you actually have to close that gate before he will come with you. if you don't want to run around and level your guy up you can change the game difficuty. I've done it a couple times when I didn't want to spend hours in a dungeon late at night.yea but how do u close the gate :confused:

NuttyFin
05-02-2006, 07:49 PM
You go into the Oblivion gate and find your way to the tower. Go inside and work your way up it then go through a door that leads to the other tower. Kill the guy at the top of it take his key go back to the other tower open the locked door. Work your way up to the transporter thing. Once you go through it work your way up the tower and take the stone at the top of it and you are done.

Hopefully I didnt confuse you. Let me know if you need anymore help.:D

NuttyFin
05-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Here is a good place to ask questions about oblivion.

http://forums.xbox.com/285/ShowForum.aspx

TheAnswer385
05-02-2006, 08:37 PM
You go into the Oblivion gate and find your way to the tower. Go inside and work your way up it then go through a door that leads to the other tower. Kill the guy at the top of it take his key go back to the other tower open the locked door. Work your way up to the transporter thing. Once you go through it work your way up the tower and take the stone at the top of it and you are done.

Hopefully I didnt confuse you. Let me know if you need anymore help.:Di dont know if my weak a** guy can make it :shakeno: but it looks like i will give er a try :D .....thanks

UltraDol-Fan
05-03-2006, 09:39 AM
the easiest way is if you set it to your active quest you can just follow the red arrows around on your compass, they will tell you where to go. The only time it gets confusing is when there are multiple levels and you can't tell which level the red arrow is on.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-03-2006, 05:32 PM
There is a beta (non official) patch out for the game now. I have not encountered any bugs though myself yet but have heard of a few. My character is only level 4 though. :)

No clue if this is worth using yet.

http://www.fileplanet.com/162958/160000/fileinfo/Elder-Scrolls-IV:-Oblivion-Patch-v1.1.425-%5BBETA%5D

Bruzer
05-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Im level 19 wood elf , level 5 warrior and i got a level 10 mage. I switch them around and play them.

On my wood elf account im the leader of every guild.

mor911
05-03-2006, 06:20 PM
There are a few bugs in the 360 version i'd like to see patched. from what I can tell, this is a PC-only patch.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-03-2006, 07:52 PM
There are a few bugs in the 360 version i'd like to see patched. from what I can tell, this is a PC-only patch.

True it does look like it is PC only. I would guess that the 360 cant be far behind though.

Mor or Pagan did you or anyone else ever get your vampirism cured? Im in Bruma and rumors are dropping about a vampire killer. I am guessing if he is around his targets may be too. I have read the steps for the cure but they sound a bit involved.

finsrule84
05-03-2006, 07:55 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148897.html

even without the nude patch, i think it makes sense, oblivion can be a pretty bloody game at times

finsrule84
05-03-2006, 07:58 PM
True it does look like it is PC only. I would guess that the 360 cant be far behind though.

Mor or Pagan did you or anyone else ever get your vampirism cured? Im in Bruma and rumors are dropping about a vampire killer. I am guessing if he is around his targets may be too. I have read the steps for the cure but they sound a bit involved.

i did that quest and i don't believe it has anything to do with it
*spoilers*

the guy is not even a real vampire killer

TJamesW_phinfan
05-03-2006, 07:59 PM
i did that quest and it doesn't have anything to do with it
*spoilers*

Ah cool thanks. :)

finsrule84
05-03-2006, 08:06 PM
it's a good quest though, especially since you can get a glass longsword at the end (among other things)

TJamesW_phinfan
05-03-2006, 08:30 PM
That sounds good the only glass swords I have found so far have been replicas.

Pagan
05-03-2006, 10:28 PM

STILL trying! I have to perform anotrher task before I start on the cure task. I must have done something wrong, so I was banned from the Mages Guild and have to reinstate myself before Poulis will even help me. :fire:

TJamesW_phinfan
05-03-2006, 11:07 PM
STILL trying! I have to perform anotrher task before I start on the cure task. I must have done something wrong, so I was banned from the Mages Guild and have to reinstate myself before Poulis will even help me. :fire:

Did you slaughter a gaggle of sleeping mages for the dark brotherhood? :wink:

I was reading some posts on Oblivion on the site finsrule84 linked and apparently some of the brotherhoods quests get quite gruesome.

I am in the thieves, fighters, and mages guild and haven't run into any conflicts between them yet but I am guessing I might down the road some. My character is confused in his life direction. Can't decide which is more fun hacking something to bits or blasting it across the room both are pretty fun. :lol:

xDOLPHINSx
05-04-2006, 01:51 PM
They don't conflict with one another....I have the top rank in all of them...all is good. :)

mor911
05-04-2006, 01:56 PM
The Thieves Guild sends you on some quests to steal stuff from the Arcane University later on. As long as you don't get caught, you'll be fine. I did that quest while in the Mages guild, so it was simple. They let me in, and I went and stole the guy's staff. Great quest nonetheless.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the info. :)

NuttyFin
05-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Well I just beat the game and the ending was great!

finsrule84
05-06-2006, 11:53 PM
i'm 30+ hours into the game and haven't even started the main quest. from the looks of it, that's not going to change for a while

mor911
05-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm 62 hours into the game and have barely touched the main quest. I might go after it soon though.

footballer
05-07-2006, 02:24 PM
cant dispute how dope this game is..

its like an interactive lotr !!!1

John Biello
05-07-2006, 03:57 PM
any of you guys frequent the elder scrolls forums? right now im at level 20, just enjoying exploring the world. i think im going to look for some glass amour next.

finsrule84
05-07-2006, 10:28 PM
anyone know where can i sell expensive stuff? i got this goblin staff worth over 7000 septims but the most anyone in stores give me is 1000

Bruzer
05-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Get a mod that gives stores more money. This is because they simply cannot afford it.

mor911
05-08-2006, 09:12 AM
anyone know where can i sell expensive stuff? i got this goblin staff worth over 7000 septims but the most anyone in stores give me is 1000
The higher you personality points and Merchantile skill is, the more money the store owners will have. Plus, the Fences in the Thieves guild (the higher fences) buy for much higher than legit shop owners.

NuttyFin
05-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Where can I join the thieves guild?

finsrule84
05-08-2006, 07:12 PM
The higher you personality points and Merchantile skill is, the more money the store owners will have. Plus, the Fences in the Thieves guild (the higher fences) buy for much higher than legit shop owners.

darn it i wasn't planning of starting the thieves guild yet

mor911
05-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Where can I join the thieves guild?
Just break into houses and steal stuff bro (in Imperial City). They'll approach you and make you go through an initiation test (which is pretty tough I might add).

NuttyFin
05-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Just break into houses and steal stuff bro (in Imperial City). They'll approach you and make you go through an initiation test (which is pretty tough I might add).

Ok thanks!

finsrule84
05-11-2006, 10:27 PM
or you can raise the disposition of a beggar and give him and he will tell you how to meet Gray Fox. A lot easier and you don't risk going to jail.

TheAnswer385
05-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Where can I join the thieves guild?Im in it ....nothing special yet.

NuttyFin
05-29-2006, 06:22 PM
I found this on the xbox forums. You have to be a level 9 or 10 to do it.

http://forums.xbox.com/1/4567282/ShowPost.aspx#4567282

illscriptures
05-30-2006, 02:17 AM
What do you guys think is the best race to be an all around player... magic, combat, and personality wise.

ohall
05-30-2006, 02:20 AM
I have skimmed the THREAD so don't kill me. Does anyone play Oblivion on the PC?

Since I 1st read this THREAD a month or so ago I bought the PC version, and I love this game! It's so beautiful. Simply the BEST graphics any where.

SECfootball
05-30-2006, 06:52 PM
My little brother accidentally overwrote my game save. You can only imagine the anger.

TJamesW_phinfan
05-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Xplay just did a review of Oblivion and gave it 5 of 5 stars. I am loving the game. :)

zach13
06-13-2006, 02:06 PM
I just bought the game and am thinking of leaving work early to go check it out.

Any advice on what race or class to choose?

TJamesW_phinfan
06-13-2006, 05:45 PM
I just bought the game and am thinking of leaving work early to go check it out.

Any advice on what race or class to choose?

After you play some it gives you a chance to fine tune your character choices. I like a balance of melee and casting and made my own class that came out similar to a battle mage with a little twinking. So far the character is working out well and lots of fun.

Looking at the time of your post this may be too late. Sorry. Good luck with it. :)

zach13
06-14-2006, 07:17 AM
After you play some it gives you a chance to fine tune your character choices. I like a balance of melee and casting and made my own class that came out similar to a battle mage with a little twinking. So far the character is working out well and lots of fun.

Looking at the time of your post this may be too late. Sorry. Good luck with it. :)

No, that's perfect thanks for the help

Bruzer
06-14-2006, 08:28 AM
I play the pc version. The game is great I agree I thought the initiation into thieves guild was really easy imo. But yea great game also anyone who has pc another patch is out.