PDA

View Full Version : The 2006 Tampa Bay Devil Rays Thread

Pages : [1] 2

King Nate
03-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Come on Rays fans, don't be shy! With a new coach and a new attitude we have just as much of a shot as anybody else! There's gotta be more Rays fans than just me and Nappy Roots on this site now where are you guys at?

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 03:24 AM
:mdfin:

King Nate
03-20-2006, 03:24 AM
:cheer:

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 03:31 AM
Nate, you ever go on any Rays baseball message boards?

King Felix
03-20-2006, 03:43 AM
ima closet rays fan

King Nate
03-20-2006, 04:01 AM
Nate, you ever go on any Rays baseball message boards?

Nah man, I haven't. You know of any good ones?

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 04:07 AM
http://raysbaseball.com/

the best. these kats know their baseball to.

King Nate
03-20-2006, 04:09 AM
http://raysbaseball.com/

the best. these kats know their baseball to.

Awesome! Thanks Nappy, I'll have to check that out.

nick1
03-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Marlins!

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Marlins!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/devilrays7eb-1.jpg

wrong thread!

nick1
03-20-2006, 02:31 PM
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/8032/devilrays7eb.jpg

wrong thread!
just trying to have some fun, maybe this is the year for the Rays

Rocky Raccoon
03-20-2006, 02:34 PM
just trying to have some fun, maybe this is the year for the Rays
:roflmao:

but seriously...the Rays will be a much improved team this year. Good luck to you guys. :wink:

nick1
03-20-2006, 02:38 PM

but seriously...the Rays will be a much improved team this year. Good luck to you guys. :wink:
they have a good chance at being better than the Marlins for once, although the Marlins will be better in my opinion for obvious reasons but this is a Rays thread so I won't get into the Marlins

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 03:05 PM
dont under estimate the rays, we are going to have a nice lineup. if we can get any ounce of pitching, i expect us to be around .500 this year.

nick1
03-20-2006, 03:12 PM
dont under estimate the rays, we are going to have a nice lineup. if we can get any ounce of pitching, i expect us to be around .500 this year.
I love how you guys always beat the Yankees, a 200+ million dollar pay roll getting beat by a 50 million dollar pay roll :sidelol:

Ray Finkle
03-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Hey if the D-Rays ever got good pitching other than Kazmir and possibly Edwin Jackson and their rookie closer Osvella (spelling?) they would ve very tough to beat. I love their young players like Crawford, Cantu and Gomez. I think Delmon Young a lot.

Their main knock has to be their front office. They always seem like they don't have a clue. Not trading Lugo for Marte was puzzling. If I were Tampa Bay I would trade Huff and some of their other veterans like Lguo for a couple of nice prospects kind of like what the Marlins are doing now. Tampa Bay won't be able to get the big name Free Agents because of the money the Sox, Yankees, Jays and O's spend, but if they can build up their farm and keep developing their talent they can be a very good team in a few years.

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey if the D-Rays ever got good pitching other than Kazmir and possibly Edwin Jackson and their rookie closer Osvella (spelling?) they would ve very tough to beat. I love their young players like Crawford, Cantu and Gomez. I think Delmon Young a lot.

Their main knock has to be their front office. They always seem like they don't have a clue. Not trading Lugo for Marte was puzzling. If I were Tampa Bay I would trade Huff and some of their other veterans like Lguo for a couple of nice prospects kind of like what the Marlins are doing now. Tampa Bay won't be able to get the big name Free Agents because of the money the Sox, Yankees, Jays and O's spend, but if they can build up their farm and keep developing their talent they can be a very good team in a few years.

Its Orvella and Gomes.

But yea, Edwin Jackson had a couple dominate outings in spring, he also got lit up once. I like him as another good arm to go with Kazmir though.

Yea our Front office has had problems in the past with trades and signings. We are headed in the right direction though. As far as trading Lugo for Marte. there are mixed reports out there, some are reporting that Lugo for Marte was never entertained by the Braves(because they wanted Renteria), or the Sox(because they wanted Crisp. There is also reports it was only a matter of time before his elbow would require Tommy John surgery, which isnt horrible for a hitter, but still another bump in the road for young kid.

Its only a matter of time before Lugo and Huff are traded to make room for BJ and Delmon. I hope we trade them for a quality big leaguer and not a prospect. We have to many prospects already.

Ray Finkle
03-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Its Orvella and Gomes.

But yea, Edwin Jackson had a couple dominate outings in spring, he also got lit up once. I like him as another good arm to go with Kazmir though.

Yea our Front office has had problems in the past with trades and signings. We are headed in the right direction though. As far as trading Lugo for Marte. there are mixed reports out there, some are reporting that Lugo for Marte was never entertained by the Braves(because they wanted Renteria), or the Sox(because they wanted Crisp. There is also reports it was only a matter of time before his elbow would require Tommy John surgery, which isnt horrible for a hitter, but still another bump in the road for young kid.

Its only a matter of time before Lugo and Huff are traded to make room for BJ and Delmon. I hope we trade them for a quality big leaguer and not a prospect. We have to many prospects already.

My fault on the spellings. I knew it was Gomes but I put the z on the end for some reason.

I think the Rays do have a good future, they have a very good line up. I think the Rays could get some quality players for Huff and Lugo especially in July at the trading deadline. I think the only way for the Rays to be competitive agains the rest of the AL is to build up their farm because unless they totally outspend for a player they will have a tough time getting the above average to great free agents to sign there (at least for the time being).

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 03:39 PM
BTW, some good news. In todays ST game agaisnt the Pirates, Edwin Jackson started for the fourth time this spring.

his line - 5 IP 1 Hits 2 BB 4 Ks 0 Runs

his stats this spring - 4 starts - 13.1 IP 7 hits 6 runs(all coming in 1 bad start) 5 BBs 9 Ks

Ray Finkle
03-20-2006, 03:41 PM
BTW, some good news. In todays ST game agaisnt the Pirates, Edwin Jackson started for the fourth time this spring.

his stats this spring - 4 starts - 13.1 IP 7 hits 6 runs(all coming in 1 bad start) 5 BBs 9 Ks

I saw Jackson pitch 2 years ago in the minors when he was with the Dodgers, the kid was lights out. I am very surprised he hasn't pitched well in the majors when he got the chance but he does have a ton of potential still. Him and Kazmir couldbe a good 1-2 combo for years to come.

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 03:45 PM
My fault on the spellings. I knew it was Gomes but I put the z on the end for some reason.

I think the Rays do have a good future, they have a very good line up. I think the Rays could get some quality players for Huff and Lugo especially in July at the trading deadline. I think the only way for the Rays to be competitive agains the rest of the AL is to build up their farm because unless they totally outspend for a player they will have a tough time getting the above average to great free agents to sign there (at least for the time being).

while i agree we wont be able to get top free agents, we have the farm system, and tradeable pieces to aquire good major league players. With Kazmir, Jackson probably in the rotation this year, we have 2 very good starters on their way for the 2007 season. Jeff Neiman(if he can stay healthy), and Jason Hammel. pair that with a guy in Seth McClung who i think will have a break out year this year, and we should have 5 quality, young arms, who can throw 95, and be good pitchers.

people may laugh, but if we dont screw stuff up, we SHOULD be competeing for a wild card spot in 07.

Ray Finkle
03-20-2006, 03:50 PM
while i agree we wont be able to get top free agents, we have the farm system, and tradeable pieces to aquire good major league players. With Kazmir, Jackson probably in the rotation this year, we have 2 very good starters on their way for the 2007 season. Jeff Neiman(if he can stay healthy), and Jason Hammel. pair that with a guy in Seth McClung who i think will have a break out year this year, and we should have 5 quality, young arms, who can throw 95, and be good pitchers.

people may laugh, but if we dont screw stuff up, we SHOULD be competeing for a wild card spot in 07.

I forgot about McClung. That kid can throw the baseball. Hey count on as one of the non-Devil Ray fans to not laughing at the D-Rays being good and competing for a wild card spot. I think they have the line up to do it, once their young pitchers learn how to pitch at a major league level they could be very very good. Hell I might even say that the Rays could end the season in 4th place this year beating out the O's. A lot of people underestimate the Rays but it's not like they're a bad team like the Royals. They just have a bunch of kids learning how to play in the major leagues.

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I forgot about McClung. That kid can throw the baseball. Hey count on as one of the non-Devil Ray fans to not laughing at the D-Rays being good and competing for a wild card spot. I think they have the line up to do it, once their young pitchers learn how to pitch at a major league level they could be very very good. Hell I might even say that the Rays could end the season in 4th place this year beating out the O's. A lot of people underestimate the Rays but it's not like they're a bad team like the Royals. They just have a bunch of kids learning how to play in the major leagues.

yea, the Rays get a bad rap like they are one the worst team in the bigs or something. Even last year when we lost 95 games. we were .500 at home. just shows how young we are, its tough for 7 22 year olds to go to Yankee stadium, Fenway park, etc.

King Nate
03-20-2006, 04:10 PM

Nice! Come on kid, we need ya!

King Nate
03-20-2006, 04:11 PM
yea, the Rays get a bad rap like they are one the worst team in the bigs or something. Even last year when we lost 95 games. we were .500 at home. just shows how young we are, its tough for 7 22 year olds to go to Yankee stadium, Fenway park, etc.

Didn't we have the best second half out of any ball club?

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Didn't we have the best second half out of any ball club?

im not sure. im pretty sure we were over .500 in the 2nd half last season.

King Felix
03-20-2006, 05:37 PM
i have been a whitesox fan my whole life.......steelers 2. and spurs.

King Nate
03-20-2006, 05:42 PM
i have been a whitesox fan my whole life.......steelers 2. and spurs.

Um...that's great but what does that have to do with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays?

King Felix
03-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Um...that's great but what does that have to do with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays?

idk............ im really bored...but devil rays should be pretty good....battle for fourth between orioles and rays.

King Nate
03-20-2006, 05:46 PM
idk............ im really bored...but devil rays should be pretty good....battle for fourth between orioles and rays.

At this point I'm hoping for a .500+ season. I really think it's doable.

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Some bad news in todays ST game.

Devil Rays pitcher Shinji Mori suffered a dislocated right shoulder during a Monday outing at the team's Minor League complex

Mori had been nursing a sore right shoulder since being scratched from his first outing of the spring on March 3. He was making his first appearance in a game and had just delivered his third pitch when he fell to the ground in pain.

"Shinji dislocated his shoulder on the pitch, and they took him out, " said Devil Rays manager Joe Maddon. "I guess it eventually popped back in."
Mori will have an MRI to examine the extent of the damage.

In January, Tampa Bay signed Mori to a two-year deal, worth approximately $1.5 million, with a club option for another two years.

The 31-year-old right-hander arrived in camp as one of the favorites to fill the closer role left vacant by the trade of Danys Baez to the Dodgers.
Mori's chances of opening the season as the team's closer now seem finished. The closing duties likely will come down to a committee that includes Chad Orvella, Chad Harville, Shawn Camp, Jesus Colome and Dan Miceli.

And a update to this story is worse

appears hes out for the year with a serious injury that usually forces pitchers to retire from. a shame. we finally do something in Free agency and he never even pitches an inning in ST for us. Our bullpen may be in some trouble right now. :boohoo:

A season-ending injury to reliever Shinji Mori tempered Tampa Bay’s optimism about Edwin Jackson’s strong outing.

Mori’s spring debut ended Monday when he tore the labrum in his right shoulder on his third pitch in a minor league game. A five-time All-Star with the Seibu Lions of Japan’s Pacific League, Mori signed a $1.4 million, two-year contract with the Devil Rays in January. He had been sidelined since the beginning of March because of soreness in his pitching shoulder.

‘‘It’s definitely frustrating. He was someone we were looking to to give us a different look out of the bullpen,’’ Devil Rays executive vice president Andrew Friedman said.

‘‘Pitchers experience injuries all the time. It’s part of our business and a risk that we have to weigh in signing any pitcher. I’m confident he’s going to work hard and rehab hard to get back fully healthy. I think we’ll see him pitch in a Devil Rays uniform.’’

Mori said through a translator that it felt like he dislocated his shoulder when he threw the pitch. An MRI determined the labrum was torn, and Friedman said it’s an injury that typically sidelines a player for at least 12 months.

‘‘They diagnosed it as an acute injury, something that happened on that pitch,’’ Friedman said.

Mori said the injury was unrelated to the soreness that kept him out of spring training games.

‘‘It’s two totally different things,’’ he said. ‘‘There was nothing wrong until I got injured.’’

King Nate
03-20-2006, 10:20 PM
How good was he, Nappy?

Nappy Roots
03-20-2006, 10:26 PM
How good was he, Nappy?

no one knows, hes never pitched in the Majors. But he would of made the team, which means he was better than a reliever that will make it now.

King Nate
03-20-2006, 11:37 PM
no one knows, hes never pitched in the Majors. But he would of made the team, which means he was better than a reliever that will make it now.

That's a shame. :boohoo:

King Felix
03-21-2006, 12:52 AM
that sucks.

spydertl79
03-21-2006, 11:16 PM
GOOOO RAYS!!!! wo0o0o0o0

Nappy Roots
03-22-2006, 01:48 AM
GOOOO RAYS!!!! wo0o0o0o0

King Nate
03-22-2006, 02:35 AM
GOOOO RAYS!!!! wo0o0o0o0

:yes:

Welcome brother!

King Nate
03-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Anybody know the latest from Rays camp?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Anybody know the latest from Rays camp?
http://www.raysbaseball.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

the people here really know the rays, and the entire organization.

King Nate
03-26-2006, 09:04 PM
http://www.raysbaseball.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

the people here really know the rays, and the entire organization.

You a Rays fan, JC?

King Felix
03-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Fight!!!!!!!!!!

King Nate
03-28-2006, 03:38 AM
Fight!!!!!!!!!!

I heard about that. I always thought Julian Tavares was a punk. Gathright shoulda beat his ***!

Nappy Roots
03-28-2006, 12:04 PM
fight? what happend, i missed it.

Ray Finkle
03-28-2006, 12:22 PM
fight? what happend, i missed it.

Red Sox were playing the Rays yesterday and Julian Taveras was pitching and hit Joey Gatheright. Later in the inning, Joey was running home and Taveras was covering the plate Joey spiked Taveras so Taveras got mad and punched him right in the face. Here are some pictures:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/BDD_jt_fight_327_a-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/BDD_jt_fight_327-1.jpg

Here's a blog from Edes on the fight:
"Gathright placed his hand on Tavarez's left knee and attempted to push it away, at which point Tavarez cocked his right fist. Gathright was still on one knee when Tavarez threw a roundhouse right, catching Gathright in the area of his chin and knocking his batting helmet off. Tavarez can then be seen pulling back his arm and throwing another punch, which appeared to glance off Gathright's shoulder... "-- Gordon Edes, Extra Bases (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/)

My opinion is that Taveras is a first class headcase and idioit. Stupid thing to do even if he is on my team.

Nappy Roots
03-28-2006, 12:22 PM
nevermind, just found out. tavarez is a *****.

Nappy Roots
03-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Red Sox were playing the Rays yesterday and Julian Taveras was pitching and hit Joey Gatheright. Later in the inning, Joey was running home and Taveras was covering the plate Joey spiked Taveras so Taveras got mad and punched him right in the face. Here are some pictures:

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/BDD_jt_fight_3.27_a.jpg
http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/BDD_jt_fight_3.27.jpg

Here's a blog from Edes on the fight:
"Gathright placed his hand on Tavarez's left knee and attempted to push it away, at which point Tavarez cocked his right fist. Gathright was still on one knee when Tavarez threw a roundhouse right, catching Gathright in the area of his chin and knocking his batting helmet off. Tavarez can then be seen pulling back his arm and throwing another punch, which appeared to glance off Gathright's shoulder... "-- Gordon Edes, Extra Bases (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/)

My opinion is that Taveras is a first class headcase and idioit. Stupid thing to do even if he is on my team.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

look at how he punched him!!!!!!!!! :sidelol:

what a *****!

Ray Finkle
03-28-2006, 02:24 PM

what a *****!

The first picture he looks like a fruit cake. The 2nd picture he at least looks kind of bad ***.

King Felix
03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
that first picture is hilarous.

King Nate
03-28-2006, 04:43 PM

what a *****!

It's too bad the picture can't play the almost certain girly squeal he made when he punched/closed fisted slapped Gathright.

Nappy Roots
03-30-2006, 03:57 PM
There is talk right now that the Rays and Mets are talking a trade. swapping Lugo and Heilman straight up. Heilman can help us in the pen, but im not sure he wants to be there. Also, im not a fan of his as a starter.

BJ Upton is clearly ready to be our starting SS IMO, but Lugo is a huge part of this team, im not sure i would trade him for a 27 year old reliever, that has had 1 good year, doesnt want to be a reliever, and throws 2 pitches.

King Nate
03-31-2006, 01:41 AM
There is talk right now that the Rays and Mets are talking a trade. swapping Lugo and Heilman straight up. Heilman can help us in the pen, but im not sure he wants to be there. Also, im not a fan of his as a starter.

BJ Upton is clearly ready to be our starting SS IMO, but Lugo is a huge part of this team, im not sure i would trade him for a 27 year old reliever, that has had 1 good year, doesnt want to be a reliever, and throws 2 pitches.

Agreed Nappy. Let's send Lugo for something better.

King Nate
04-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Rocco Baldelli placed on the DL with a hamstring injury :boohoo:

King Felix
04-02-2006, 04:50 PM
i have scott kazmir or w/e on my fantasy he do good

King Nate
04-03-2006, 01:40 AM
i have scott kazmir or w/e on my fantasy he do good

He's gonna be our opening day starter and he's the best pitcher on our team. The day the Mets traded him to us for Victor Zambrano was one of the top ten happiest days of my life!

Kazmir:hump:

Nappy Roots
04-03-2006, 01:22 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OPENING DAY!!!!!

here is the devilrays.com probably lineup.

1. SS Julio Lugo
2. L FCarl Crawford
3. 2B Jorge Cantu
4. 3B Aubrey Huff
5. DH Jonny Gomes
6. 1B Travis Lee
7. C Toby Hall
8. RF Damon Hollin
9. CF Joey Gathright
P Scott Kazmir

personally my lineup would look like this.

1. Lugo
2. Gathright
3. Crawford
4. Cantu
5. Gomes
6. Huff
7. Lee
8. Hall
9. Hollins

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-03-2006, 01:51 PM
i'm gonna miss opening day. stupid job!

anyway i hope rocco and burroughs get healthy soon..

King Nate
04-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Opening Day:

Loss to the Orioles 6-9.

Record: 0-1 :boohoo:

Nappy Roots
04-03-2006, 09:58 PM
yea it sucks. Kazmir gave up 3 jacks. was getting deep in every count. i think it was some opening day jitters, i hope at least.

Lugo also got hurt, hopefully he will be OK.

King Nate
04-03-2006, 10:58 PM
yea it sucks. Kazmir gave up 3 jacks. was getting deep in every count. i think it was some opening day jitters, i hope at least.

Lugo also got hurt, hopefully he will be OK.

Dang. All around bad day. :boohoo:

Maybe Upton will shine now.

King Nate
04-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Don't look now guys...but the Rays are getting smashed by the Orioles. :boohoo:

King Nate
04-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Loss to the Orioles 6-16

Rays Record: 0-2 :boohoo:

Rocky Raccoon
04-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Loss to the Orioles 6-16

Rays Record: 0-2 :boohoo:

must....hold....back...laughter

King Felix
04-06-2006, 01:20 AM
must....hold....back...laughter:yeahthat: but i think the orioles are getttin underrated this year. or devil rays pitchin overrated.

King Nate
04-06-2006, 03:44 AM
:yeahthat: but i think the orioles are getttin underrated this year. or devil rays pitchin overrated.

Outside of Kazmir, the pitching is none existant so I don't know who is hyping it up as great but it's not anybody with a brain.

King Nate
04-06-2006, 03:45 AM
must....hold....back...laughter

Wagner was clutch for you guys tonight, wasn't he?

Don't come onto the Rays thread if you are going to poke fun at us! We have feelings too! :wink:

Ducken
04-06-2006, 07:44 AM
I was going to poke fun but after the past 8 years the O's have had I can understand how it hurts. Maybe my O's will take pitty on you tonight, they are sending Benson to the mound tonight and he BLEW in spring training. Heres to a good game tonight, and I really do hope you guys don't have anymore players go down with injury.

Rocky Raccoon
04-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Wagner was clutch for you guys tonight, wasn't he?

Don't come onto the Rays thread if you are going to poke fun at us! We have feelings too! :wink:

:lol: sorry Nate

BradTheBillsFan
04-06-2006, 12:28 PM
I was going to poke fun but after the past 8 years the O's have had I can understand how it hurts. Maybe my O's will take pitty on you tonight, they are sending Benson to the mound tonight and he BLEW in spring training. Heres to a good game tonight, and I really do hope you guys don't have anymore players go down with injury.

Go ORIOLES!

BradTheBillsFan
04-06-2006, 12:32 PM
:yeahthat: but i think the orioles are getttin underrated this year. or devil rays pitchin overrated.

Nobody is giving my boys a chance in this division and I LOVE it.

King Felix
04-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Nobody is giving my boys a chance in this division and I LOVE it.maybe because they dont have a chance of winning the division but they have a chance at 4th

Nappy Roots
04-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Mark Hendrickson with a unbelieveable game tonight. Mark hendrickson.......

wow. Complete game 3 hit Shutout.

BTW, Brad, they dont have a chance. be realistic here.

King Nate
04-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Mark Hendrickson with a unbelieveable game tonight. Mark hendrickson.......

wow. Complete game 3 hit Shutout.

BTW, Brad, they dont have a chance. be realistic here.

:cheer:

Rays Record: 1-2!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-08-2006, 12:02 AM
helluva comeback tonight! down 6-0 to toronto, then the homers brought us back! jonny gomes hit the monster 3-run blast to tie it up. CC and gomes with 3 hits a piece!

ty wiggington has looked pretty good. pretty disappointed in huff so far (again), and this perez guy just doesn't look that good. so far the only decent pitching performance has come from lurch, of all people. doug waechter goes tomorrow, and jorge cantu left the game with an injury, hope he comes back soon!

Nappy Roots
04-08-2006, 01:56 AM
helluva comeback tonight! down 6-0 to toronto, then the homers brought us back! jonny gomes hit the monster 3-run blast to tie it up. CC and gomes with 3 hits a piece!

ty wiggington has looked pretty good. pretty disappointed in huff so far (again), and this perez guy just doesn't look that good. so far the only decent pitching performance has come from lurch, of all people. doug waechter goes tomorrow, and jorge cantu left the game with an injury, hope he comes back soon!

yup, awsome game..

but didnt wiggington hit the game tiein blast?

King Nate
04-08-2006, 04:32 AM
Rays beat Toronto Blue Jays 9-8!

Rays Record: 2-2! :cheer:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-08-2006, 10:38 PM
yup, awsome game..

but didnt wiggington hit the game tiein blast?
oops, i meant gomes hit the go-ahead homer.

today was pretty bad. kinda felt like toronto yesterday, losing the lead.

King Nate
04-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Rays lose to Toronto 4-8.

Rays Record: 2-3 :boohoo:

Keep 'em coming with how the players actually looked. I don't get to see many games; all I get is ESPN Gamecast.

Nappy Roots
04-09-2006, 12:44 AM
Rays lose to Toronto 4-8.

Rays Record: 2-3 :boohoo:

Keep 'em coming with how the players actually looked. I don't get to see many games; all I get is ESPN Gamecast.

well ill tell you this..

for a guy, that is horrible at bunting, can hit over .300 with 20 homerun power, crawfords sure does try far to many times to get bunt hits...

hes done it with no one on base 3 times already this year...all unsuccessful. although he got hose one 1 time...

King Nate
04-09-2006, 12:44 AM
well ill tell you this..

for a guy, that is horrible at bunting, can hit over .300 with 20 homerun power, crawfords sure does try far to many times to get bunt hits...

hes done it with no one on base 3 times already this year...all unsuccessful. although he got hose one 1 time...

:nono:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-09-2006, 02:32 PM
he swings at the first pitch every single time, too. so annoying.

Nappy Roots
04-09-2006, 03:27 PM

we take our first series of the year agaisnt 2 pretty good pitchers.

Kaz got hit a lil bit today, but he was the most effecient with his pitches ive ever seen him. pitched 8 2/3s only 1 walk. longest ive seen him go.

gave up 12 hits though :sidelol:

woooooo! home opener tomorrow! wooo!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-10-2006, 01:35 AM
yeah i thought he would be pulled around the 5th inning. :lol:

i like our ability to come back and/or win close games. is the AL East the best offensive division bar-none in baseball?

King Felix
04-10-2006, 01:48 AM
yankees are better than anyother division.......they are sayin they will score 1000 runs

King Nate
04-10-2006, 03:15 AM
yankees are better than anyother division.......they are sayin they will score 1000 runs

:confused:

Yankees? Who gives a crap about them?

King Nate
04-10-2006, 03:17 AM
Rays beat Blue Jays 5-2!

Rays Record: 3-3! :cheer2:

YEAAAAH KAZMIR!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-10-2006, 08:51 AM

Yankees? Who gives a crap about them?
didn't bother the rays last year. :wink:

King Nate
04-10-2006, 07:19 PM
didn't bother the rays last year. :wink:

:chuckle:

Damn right! And we'll beat them again this year!

King Nate
04-11-2006, 06:23 AM
Rays lose to Orioles 3-6 thanks in part to our very own Seth McClung and friggin' Jay Gibbons of the Orioles.

Rays Record: 3-4 :boohoo:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-11-2006, 03:15 PM
that was a tough game to watch. and mcclung is bordering on brazelton territory now.

Rocky Raccoon
04-11-2006, 10:55 PM
what is the deal with B.J. Upton?? Is he in the minors?

I love how his name is Melvin Emanuel Upton...but he calls himself B.J. :lol:

Nappy Roots
04-11-2006, 10:58 PM
what is the deal with B.J. Upton?? Is he in the minors?

I love how his name is Melvin Emanuel Upton...but he calls himself B.J. :lol:

do you know why though? :wink:

Rocky Raccoon
04-11-2006, 11:04 PM
do you know why though? :wink:

yeah I just read about it...nickname Bossman Junior, from his father being the Bossman :lol:

Nappy Roots
04-11-2006, 11:12 PM
yeah I just read about it...nickname Bossman Junior, from his father being the Bossman :lol:

btw, yes hes in the minors workin on his ability to make errors on easy plays.

Rocky Raccoon
04-11-2006, 11:16 PM

btw, yes hes in the minors workin on his ability to make errors on easy plays.

yea they say when he fixes his defensive woes...he will be a star.

Nappy Roots
04-11-2006, 11:20 PM

yea they say when he fixes his defensive woes...he will be a star.

absolutly. hes 21 years old, and i feel confident in saying he could put up

.280 15 HRs 75 RBIs 20 SBs .380 OBP as a rookie

hes clearly ready with the bat. and has insane range and an insane arm. but he just boots easy balls. its something that can be fixed, but has taken longer than it should.

King Nate
04-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Rays lose to Orioles 4-8.

Rays Record: 3-5. :boohoo:

Looks like pitching continues to be our weak point. Might as well bring up all the young pitchers we have drafted and give them a shot.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-12-2006, 02:34 PM
well, last night was jason hammel's first major league appearance, so i guess that's kinda what it was.

i still want to see hendrickson pitch again (he was out last night, which is why hammel pitched). and kazmir is still young. as is waechter. but mcclung definitely needs to do something...or soemthing needs to be done with him.

by the way, is anyone else SERIOUSLY regretting these trades?

brandon backe for....geoff blum?
jorge sosa for....nick green?

Nappy Roots
04-12-2006, 03:37 PM
well, last night was jason hammel's first major league appearance, so i guess that's kinda what it was.

i still want to see hendrickson pitch again (he was out last night, which is why hammel pitched). and kazmir is still young. as is waechter. but mcclung definitely needs to do something...or soemthing needs to be done with him.

by the way, is anyone else SERIOUSLY regretting these trades?

brandon backe for....geoff blum?
jorge sosa for....nick green?

i hated both moves as soon as we did them. Sosa always had so much potential and electric stuff. never liked that trade.

King Nate
04-12-2006, 05:32 PM

i hated both moves as soon as we did them. Sosa always had so much potential and electric stuff. never liked that trade.

Can't he throw a 100 mph fastball?

Nappy Roots
04-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Can't he throw a 100 mph fastball?

nah, but he could gas it up to 96-97. he also had a insane slider. but he was so inconsistant. but i would of rather kept him without a doubt.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Whoooo Hoooo Jonny Gomes!!!!! Oh Man That Was Awesome

Rocky Raccoon
04-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Whoooo Hoooo Jonny Gomes!!!!! Oh Man That Was Awesome

what did he do?? he's on my fantasy team

Nappy Roots
04-12-2006, 11:04 PM

hit a game winning grand slam

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-12-2006, 11:32 PM
game was 3-3 in the 8th with the bases loaded, he launches a grand slam 420 feet into left field. :D

Rocky Raccoon
04-13-2006, 12:54 AM
game was 3-3 in the 8th with the bases loaded, he launches a grand slam 420 feet into left field. :D

sweet :woot:

King Nate
04-13-2006, 04:08 AM

Rays beat Orioles 7-4, thanks to Gomes grand salami.

Rays Record: 4-5! :cheer2:

Nappy Roots
04-13-2006, 04:37 PM
anyone else impressed with the way Ty Wiggington is playing? hes playing great defensively and great offensively. what a great pick up so far.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-14-2006, 12:51 PM
last night's game was awful. why did we sign miceli?? at least gomes looked good. another homer for him.....sooo sexy.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-17-2006, 04:20 PM
anyway, we swept the royals, and now we're going to sweep the blosux. this is the series that will make gomes a big name...

Ray Finkle
04-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey about the upcoming Red Sox/Devil Ray series hopefully fans of both teams haven't forgotten about the Taveras/Gatheright incident in Spring Training. Things could possibly get very ugly in the next 3 days, as things usually do at least once a year when these 2 teams play.

FaninPatsyLand
04-17-2006, 09:53 PM
anyway, we swept the royals, and now we're going to sweep the blosux. this is the series that will make gomes a big name...

We'll see..

Goodluck Rays' fans, at the very least this series should be interesting as always.

Nappy Roots
04-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Hey about the upcoming Red Sox/Devil Ray series hopefully fans of both teams haven't forgotten about the Taveras/Gatheright incident in Spring Training. Things could possibly get very ugly in the next 3 days, as things usually do at least once a year when these 2 teams play.

yea, id bet on atleast 1 brawl this year.

good luck.

Ray Finkle
04-17-2006, 10:18 PM
yea, id bet on atleast 1 brawl this year.

good luck.

Good luck to you too man.

Who's pitching for the Rays?

I know its going to be Clement, Schilling and Wakefield going for the Sox.

Nappy Roots
04-18-2006, 01:14 AM
Good luck to you too man.

Who's pitching for the Rays?

I know its going to be Clement, Schilling and Wakefield going for the Sox.

heres the matchups with their '03-'05 stats vs opposing teams

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/04/rays7xl-1.jpg

King Felix
04-18-2006, 01:39 AM
wakefield 7-0 :eek: what are those stats too?

Nappy Roots
04-18-2006, 10:25 AM
wakefield 7-0 :eek: what are those stats too?

his stats agaisnt the Devil Rays since 2003.

Ray Finkle
04-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Nice find and post Nappy.

King Nate
04-20-2006, 04:10 AM
Darn Bosox...:boohoo:

King Nate
04-21-2006, 01:00 AM
:chuckle: Take that, Bosox!

Nappy Roots
04-21-2006, 01:01 AM
:chuckle: Take that, Bosox!

although it did suck losing Kaz. hopefully he'll be OK. thats the last person we need to lose.

King Nate
04-21-2006, 05:44 PM

although it did suck losing Kaz. hopefully he'll be OK. thats the last person we need to lose.

Are you freakin' serious? I was at work and didn't hear that he got hurt, what happened?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-21-2006, 09:03 PM
oh man i love gomes....

Nappy Roots
04-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Are you freakin' serious? I was at work and didn't hear that he got hurt, what happened?

he left the game with an injury, looked like a cramp. havent heard an update, so im assuming hes OK.

Nappy Roots
04-25-2006, 07:45 PM
gomes hits his 10th. hes an absolute monster.

over/under 40 HRs?

im going over

King Felix
04-25-2006, 11:41 PM
damn gomes is a beast i wish i could have picked him up in fantasy baseball

Nappy Roots
04-26-2006, 11:20 PM
win over the yankees tonight!

in other horrible news. Cantu is headed to the DL with a broken bone in the foot.

*Update*

DL
____

Jorge Cantu
Julio Lugo
Aubrey Huff
Rocco Baldelli

man. 4 very good starters on the DL for us. the fact that we are 8-12, and can actually come within 10 runs of the yankees and redsox, is amazing in itself. We are about to call up someone from Durham to take Cantus spot. I hope its BJ Upton or Elijah Dukes

Want to hear some more horrible news??

#1 prospect in baseball, Delmon Young, is about to get suspended a loooong time.

Tonight, he struck out, and in rage, threw his bat, which his the umpire in the chest. didnt hit him hard, but hit im none the less. say bye bye to him for 20 games or so.

Boik14
04-26-2006, 11:22 PM
How bad is the injury to cantu...time to see if i can unload him in fantasy baseball.

Nappy Roots
04-26-2006, 11:27 PM
How bad is the injury to cantu...time to see if i can unload him in fantasy baseball.

ive heard from 2-4 weeks, and then also atleast 4 weeks. IMO he will be out atleast 4 weeks.

Boik14
04-26-2006, 11:29 PM
ive heard from 2-4 weeks, and then also atleast 4 weeks. IMO he will be out atleast 4 weeks. ****

Thanks for the bad news :(

Nappy Roots
04-26-2006, 11:30 PM

Thanks for the bad news :(

:boohoo:

no problem

Nappy Roots
04-27-2006, 02:58 PM
wanna hear some leadership from our 21 year old phenom SS?(who by the way made his 10th error today:rolleyes2 )

So Upton has sucked it up, spent all of 2005 at Triple-A and returned to Durham to start this season. And while Young has raised questions about his maturity at Durham, Upton has proven himself as a leader. After Young's ejection Wednesday night, Upton gave him an earful. Upton was on first base when the incident took place. Pawtucket lefthander Jon Lester picked him off soon after Young left the dugout, and Upton headed straight for the clubhouse.

"Upton was visibly upset and after he got picked off, and it was a beeline into the clubhouse after Young," an official from Pawtucket said. "He went in there and really read him the riot act."

Nappy Roots
04-27-2006, 07:17 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please someone else say they saw that catch

Nappy Roots
04-27-2006, 09:49 PM
damn. another great hendrickson outing. unfortunitly it was spoiled by lack of Defense, and horrible hitting.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-28-2006, 03:47 PM
hendrickson has been a big surprise so far...even more surprising was mcclung's last outing.

seriously....what could we get for delmon young?

Nappy Roots
04-28-2006, 04:27 PM
hendrickson has been a big surprise so far...even more surprising was mcclung's last outing.

seriously....what could we get for delmon young?

i would call mcclungs outing more lucky, then surprising. he still walked like 8 guys in 5 or 6 innings...

as for Delmon. We could get whatever we want.........DY is going to be a perinnial all-star. hes got major issues, but i see him and the Rays Org. doing something about it after this inncident. question is, do you want to take the chance? i dunno that i would. like i said, hes got issues, but he has Hall of Fame talent.

FinsNYanksFan13
04-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Delmon Young is to good of a player for the Rays to ship out, especially considering he's a kid and not some unrulely veteren. He should get a 30 game suspension, have to apologize to the umpire and his family, and his salary should be sent to a charity. He's still young so the D-Rays need to take that into account. If he was in the league for a years and was an established pro I could see the D-Rays putting the hammer to him but since he's just a kid who obviously let his emotions get the best of him, I think 30 games is enough!

Rocky Raccoon
04-28-2006, 05:29 PM
i would call mcclungs outing more lucky, then surprising. he still walked like 8 guys in 5 or 6 innings...

as for Delmon. We could get whatever we want.........DY is going to be a perinnial all-star. hes got major issues, but i see him and the Rays Org. doing something about it after this inncident. question is, do you want to take the chance? i dunno that i would. like i said, hes got issues, but he has Hall of Fame talent.
whats his problem?

Nappy Roots
04-28-2006, 05:36 PM
whats his problem?

:lol: you didnt hear what he did?

hes got major attitude problems. he has been compared to Albert Belle, and the comparison doesnt just stop with the bat.

Rocky Raccoon
04-28-2006, 05:39 PM
:lol: you didnt hear what he did?

hes got major attitude problems. he has been compared to Albert Belle, and the comparison doesnt just stop with the bat.

:lol: I've always hated Albert Belle....but don't know too much about this Delmon Young, I assume he's young? So maybe he can fix himself before he goes down that road.

Rocky Raccoon
04-28-2006, 05:52 PM
wanna hear some leadership from our 21 year old phenom SS?(who by the way made his 10th error today:rolleyes2 )

wow good for him...did they decide who they're bringing up to replace the injured players? I'd like to see that kid get some playing time.

Nappy Roots
04-28-2006, 05:56 PM
:lol: I've always hated Albert Belle....but don't know too much about this Delmon Young, I assume he's young? So maybe he can fix himself before he goes down that road.

yea, hes 20. so i believe he will get some things straight...i definitly hope.

Nappy Roots
04-28-2006, 05:57 PM
wow good for him...did they decide who they're bringing up to replace the injured players? I'd like to see that kid get some playing time.

yea, they brought up Norton, so guy that has no future with us.....i guess i cant really blame them. Rocco Baldelli is suppose to be back within a week or so, and Jonny Gomes shoulder is almost 100%, which would allow him to play the OF instead DH every game.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
04-29-2006, 09:02 AM
i dunno where we're gonna put upton. SS? yeah right.

King Felix
05-07-2006, 09:51 PM
yo nappy wanna bet a avy or countdown on the series with the mariners tommarow?

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 12:27 AM
yo nappy wanna bet a avy or countdown on the series with the mariners tommarow?

sure, what do you got in mind

miamikid92
05-08-2006, 10:30 AM
so you d-rays fans who get to watch scott kazmir think he will be a allstar someday? how good do you think he will get?

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 10:35 AM
so you d-rays fans who get to watch scott kazmir think he will be a allstar someday? how good do you think he will get?

no doubt he will be an allstar. if he can get his control down, he will probably compete for the cy young(not this year).

King Felix
05-08-2006, 12:10 PM
sure, what do you got in mindthe loser of the series has to have a countdown or avy for a week?

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 02:02 PM
the loser of the series has to have a countdown or avy for a week?

alright, the loser has to have an avy of the winners choice for a week....?

King Felix
05-08-2006, 07:15 PM
alright, the loser has to have an avy of the winners choice for a week....?yup:cooldude:

Rocky Raccoon
05-08-2006, 07:30 PM
alright, the loser has to have an avy of the winners choice for a week....?
may I suggest this for the loser?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 07:53 PM
may I suggest this for the loser?

http://www.fortunecity.com/village/montgomery/614/pics/kissing176.jpg

:hmmm:

i dunno, fortune city might be a little to harsh..

King Felix
05-08-2006, 08:21 PM

i dunno, fortune city might be a little to harsh..:yeahthat:
:lol:

Rocky Raccoon
05-08-2006, 08:44 PM

i dunno, fortune city might be a little to harsh..

:hmph:

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 10:19 PM

1-0 Rays after 1 http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

King Felix
05-08-2006, 10:26 PM
not over yet obvisouly

King Felix
05-08-2006, 10:35 PM
runner on third 1 out=no runs :yes:

i hate it when seattle does that.......all u have to do is hit the ball and they score

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 10:40 PM
this game isnt on my tv right now, which sucks, so im using gameday....

so ill be a lil behind.

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Woooooooooo! Hr Jonny!

King Felix
05-08-2006, 10:41 PM
o well than gomes wont hit a hr

King Felix
05-08-2006, 10:54 PM
that slide by ichiro was magnificent..............green light on 3-0 and pops up:nono:

King Felix
05-08-2006, 10:55 PM
end of 3

devils 2 mariners 1

Nappy Roots
05-08-2006, 11:27 PM
3-1 Rays after 5!

:hysterikill:

King Felix
05-08-2006, 11:32 PM
:nono: but seriously mariners have hit the ball very good unfortally they arent placed great

King Felix
05-08-2006, 11:58 PM
tied it up :woot:

King Felix
05-09-2006, 12:00 AM
took the lead :woot:

King Felix
05-09-2006, 12:03 AM
eddie guardado coming in :nono:

King Felix
05-09-2006, 12:21 AM
mariners are winning 6-3 goin into ninth :woot:

Nappy Roots
05-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Damn Our Bullpen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Them To Hell!

Boik14
05-09-2006, 12:29 AM
when are rocco and cantu returning?

Nappy Roots
05-09-2006, 12:37 AM
when are rocco and cantu returning?

theres no telling.

Rocco was suppose to start his rehad assignment last week, which was postponed due to soreness in his hamstring(which is what is currently hurting him).

Ive heard Cantu wont be back til the start of June.

King Felix
05-09-2006, 12:40 AM
1/3

Boik14
05-09-2006, 12:43 AM
theres no telling.

Rocco was suppose to start his rehad assignment last week, which was postponed due to soreness in his hamstring(which is what is currently hurting him).

Ive heard Cantu wont be back til the start of June.i read on yahoo that rocco is taking grounders at 1B and may see time there when he gets back at least initially.

But I havent heard anything on Cantu. i hope Mini Manny gets well soon. My fantasy teams need him.

Nappy Roots
05-09-2006, 12:47 AM
1/3

Nappy Roots
05-09-2006, 12:48 AM
i read on yahoo that rocco is taking grounders at 1B and may see time there when he gets back at least initially.

But I havent heard anything on Cantu. i hope Mini Manny gets well soon. My fantasy teams need him.

yea rocco is taking some ground balls at first as they dont want him running around in the OF right away coming off his hamstring injury. Honestly though, it makes little sense to me as a huge part of his game is his speed, so if he cant run in the OF, then he doesnt need to be in the lineup at all. Not to mention we have the best fielding 1B in the AL, no reason to take him out of the lineup for someone that has never played the position....

Nappy Roots
05-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Top Tampa Bay prospect Delmon Young was suspended 50 games without pay by the International League on Tuesday, two weeks after throwing a bat that hit a replacement umpire in the arm.

fair suspension i would say.

King Felix
05-10-2006, 11:59 AM
soooo 2/3 u want ur avy now or after todays game?

Nappy Roots
05-10-2006, 12:37 PM
soooo 2/3 u want ur avy now or after todays game?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/05/2up0sg-1.gif

we never shook hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nappy Roots
05-10-2006, 03:21 PM
btw, yea ill start today...so post the avy

Nappy Roots
05-10-2006, 07:43 PM
why cant we start Kaz everygame?

miamikid92
05-10-2006, 09:37 PM
do you guys know any good d-ray forums?

Nappy Roots
05-10-2006, 10:00 PM

raysbaseball.com is the best.....dont even bother going anywhere else.

miamikid92
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
raysbaseball.com is the best.....dont even bother going anywhere else.ok thanks

Perfect23
05-10-2006, 10:18 PM

I thought you liked the Marlins or you goona ride the d-rays bandwagon.

King Felix
05-10-2006, 11:32 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif idk if it fits but u know how to do all that and next wednsday u can have a new one :D

King Nate
05-11-2006, 04:42 AM
Damn Our Bullpen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Them To Hell!

King Nate
05-11-2006, 04:44 AM

I'm a huge Devil Rays fan and have been since their inception. I've followed them every season. What bandwagon are you talking about? I didn't realize that they had such a huge fan base. :confused:

miamikid92
05-11-2006, 06:35 AM
I thought you liked the Marlins or you goona ride the d-rays bandwagon.i dont like the d rays i dont go on bandwagons i just wanted to see what they were saying about kazmir

why would i switch teams the night they kick the braves ***? :lol:

miamikid92
05-11-2006, 06:41 AM
I'm a huge Devil Rays fan and have been since their inception. I've followed them every season. What bandwagon are you talking about? I didn't realize that they had such a huge fan base. :confused:any team has a bandwagon compared to the marlins right now :rolleyes:

Nappy Roots
05-11-2006, 10:55 AM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:W5J7ogByDqQt5M:http://www.veritas.com/us idk if it fits but u know how to do all that and next wednsday u can have a new one :D

it doesnt work

King Felix
05-11-2006, 11:19 PM
it doesnt workcan u just go to google and get a mariner logo?

Nappy Roots
05-12-2006, 12:04 AM
can u just go to google and get a mariner logo?

hows this

King Felix
05-12-2006, 12:06 AM
hows thisits good for a week:D

Nappy Roots
05-16-2006, 11:41 PM
just got back from the game! Kazmir is a beast, pitching 7 innings with 1 ER 8 Ks. Hes on pace to go like 25-8 this year with a 2.73 ERA.....BEAST!!!!!!!

King Nate
05-17-2006, 03:30 PM
just got back from the game! Kazmir is a beast, pitching 7 innings with 1 ER 8 Ks. Hes on pace to go like 25-8 this year with a 2.73 ERA.....BEAST!!!!!!!

Worst mistake the Mets ever made but I'm so happy that they did it!

Boik14
05-17-2006, 03:49 PM

Worst mistake the Mets ever made but I'm so happy that they did it! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: Stupid rick peterson, and little jeffery wilpon wanting to "contend now". Like V-zam was ever the answer?

At least us met fans got a real gm in here because of it

King Felix
05-18-2006, 01:48 AM
nappy u can have ur avy back tommarow

Nappy Roots
05-18-2006, 10:15 AM
:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: Stupid rick peterson, and little jeffery wilpon wanting to "contend now". Like V-zam was ever the answer?

At least us met fans got a real gm in here because of it

:chuckle:

nappy u can have ur avy back tommarow

:monkeyr: this avy

Nappy Roots
05-21-2006, 03:09 PM
:eek:

is there a better pitcher in the MLs than Kazmir right now? DUDE IS ****ING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 IP 5 H 0 R 11 Ks

BEAST!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-21-2006, 03:17 PM
hmm...first in the AL in wins, second in the AL in ERA, second in the AL in strikeouts.....sounds damn good to me!! he is AWESOME!!!!!

Nappy Roots
05-21-2006, 03:29 PM
hmm...first in the AL in wins, second in the AL in ERA, second in the AL in strikeouts.....sounds damn good to me!! he is AWESOME!!!!!

agreed.

:biggrin:

King Felix
05-21-2006, 04:53 PM
:monkeyr: this avy:lol:

King Nate
05-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Kazmir for AL Cy Young!

King Felix
05-23-2006, 02:06 AM
he has a legit chance if he keeps this up

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-23-2006, 08:42 AM
he could start the all-star game! santana will have to cool down a bit, though....and we all know that kazmir is more likely to cool down.

GreenMonster
05-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Its gonna be Kazmir vs Wells on Friday night hopefully.. That should be fun to watch, along with atleast 1 crazy comment from Wells.. They may push him back tilll Sat..

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-24-2006, 11:53 PM
CC with 5 hits tonight. not to mention 5 runs and 4 SB's! hope he's back! :D

MikeO
05-25-2006, 01:04 AM
he could start the all-star game! santana will have to cool down a bit, though....and we all know that kazmir is more likely to cool down.

I hope Kazmir starts the allstar game. And on the NL side, Beltran, Wright, Delgado, and Reyes all are voted in as starters.

That will be the most exciting first two innings of an all-star game in a long long time!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
05-25-2006, 09:43 AM
kazmir is #1 on ESPN's Cy Young watch list!

Metal Panda
05-27-2006, 10:27 AM

last I checked, teams that are 7 games under .500 don't have bandwagons.

King Nate
06-13-2006, 05:12 PM
:boohoo:

Nappy Roots
06-13-2006, 06:52 PM
no kidding. that was a tough loss to swallow. this team is going to be pretty good the rest of the season barring any injuries though. we've got rocco and cantu back, and we are going to score boat loads of runs. Getting Gathright and Lee/Huff out of the lineup boosted us a great deal.

jamie sheilds looks unbelieveable to so far, put him along with Kazmir and Hendrickson, and we have a pretty good 1-3 in the rotation. bullpen has been better of late, and will only get better and better, but thats still the week point.

King Nate
06-14-2006, 02:40 PM
no kidding. that was a tough loss to swallow. this team is going to be pretty good the rest of the season barring any injuries though. we've got rocco and cantu back, and we are going to score boat loads of runs. Getting Gathright and Lee/Huff out of the lineup boosted us a great deal.

jamie sheilds looks unbelieveable to so far, put him along with Kazmir and Hendrickson, and we have a pretty good 1-3 in the rotation. bullpen has been better of late, and will only get better and better, but thats still the week point.

That's awesome Nappy. I feel better already. :hi5:

King Nate
06-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Who is this J.P. Howell cat?

ShuggieOtis
06-22-2006, 04:14 PM
kazmir i one of my fav pitchers, he is great
btw the dbacks are HORRIBLE

Nappy Roots
06-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Who is this J.P. Howell cat?

a soft throwing lefty. probably a bullpen guy with a year or so

King Nate
06-23-2006, 01:31 AM
a soft throwing lefty. probably a bullpen guy with a year or so

Did we get a good deal or did we get shafted?

Nappy Roots
06-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Did we get a good deal or did we get shafted?

well i dont like howell to much, and i was a fan of gathrights. but as far as hitting, gathright was degressing. hitting very porely, his baserunning wasnt nearly as good as it should be considering how fast he was, and even though he covered so much ground in center, with his mistakes, he was just an average defender. not to mention he had no place in our future.

So i really think its a wash, i think Howell has a chance to be a ML pitcher for us, but at the same time, if Gathright improves some things, he could be a good ML player, just not for us. Joeys value was low because of his year so far, so this is probably all we could get. Not a trade i jump for joy, but atleast we are getting prospects/players in the position we need the most.

King Nate
07-05-2006, 01:10 PM
All hail Kazmir!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
07-05-2006, 01:33 PM
when kazmir has that slider working, he's completely untouchable. i expect another great start against the yankmes.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
07-06-2006, 09:45 AM
CC is pretty ridiculous.

FinsNYanksFan13
07-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Now that Manny isn't going to the All-Star game, Crawford should definitely be his replacement!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
07-06-2006, 10:32 AM
too bad it's going to be magglio ordonez. :mad:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
07-06-2006, 10:39 AM
man look at this.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/sortable_player_stats.jsp?c_id=mlb&section1=null&statSet1=null&sortByStat=AVG&statType=1&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2006&baseballScope=AL&prevPage1=1&readBoxes=true&sitSplit=&venueID=&subScope=pos&teamPosCode=O&box14=XXXX408307tbaO&box20=XXXX120044detO&compare.x=23&compare.y=4

the only area that ordonez has any SIGNIFICANT lead over crawford is in RBI's, and CC is a leadoff man. but CC has better OBS, SLG and AVG, as well as a 32 to 1 steals difference. pretty ridiculous.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
07-18-2006, 09:37 AM
well, tonight should be a doozy. scott kazmir vs. francisco liriano.

Nappy Roots
07-18-2006, 10:34 AM
well, tonight should be a doozy. scott kazmir vs. francisco liriano.

yea i cant wait. to bad ill be watching it on espn gameday...how the hell do you not have this game on tv!?!? :tantrum:

Jonny Gomes is a clown, but the man at the same time. everything that surrounds him is hilarious..

THERE'S JONNY: Jonny Gomes' ejection might have been the shortest in history. With Navarro rolling on the ground after a sixth-inning collision at the plate, first baseman Greg Norton waved for someone on the Rays bench to get a towel. Gomes grabbed one and tossed it out on the field, and before Norton could pick it up, Foster tossed Gomes.

"I heard, 'Jonny, you're out of here.' I wasn't looking that direction or anything so I said, 'Why?' He said, 'You can't throw a towel on the field,' " Gomes recalled. "I said, 'Well, our catcher's bleeding, and he needs a towel, and he called for a towel.' And he said, 'Oh, I guess you can stay in then.' "

Pennington's Rocket Arm
07-18-2006, 10:39 AM
This Game Won't Be On Tv//??????12em1oiurehb1ur Bnuafbnauifna

Nappy Roots
07-18-2006, 10:43 AM
nope no tv. i wish i had the extra innings thing. but dont

Pennington's Rocket Arm
07-18-2006, 11:21 PM
looks like i didn't miss much....

Nappy Roots
07-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Today was a BIG day..

We traded Julio Lugo(who will be missed) for Joel Guzman and Sergio Pedroza.

Sergio Pedroza isnt a GREAT thing, but hes not exactly a throw in. The dodgers drafted him in the 3rd round in the 2005 draft. First the good news...He was hitting .281/.437/.562 good for a .998 OPS. He had 21 HRs and 75 RBIs with 73 walks in only 89 games! Now the Bad. He did that at 22 years old and in low A ball..He got called up to high A recently and through 13 games hes struggled.

Joel Guzman has big time potential. He was signed at age 16 by the dodgers from the Dominican. Originally a SS, he completely out grew the position. Now at about 6'6, hes got some nice pop, and is only 21 years old and holding his own at AAA. Ive seen him with my own eyes when he was in A ball. Never heard of him before and walked away amazed by him. He hit a bomb for a HR, and 2 doubles off the wall. A great swing to. So far the 21 year old is hitting .297/.353/.461(good for only a .814 OPS) through 85 games. Hes been known as a guy that hasnt always played hard to. But at 21 years old and putting up decent #s in AAA, with his body type, you have to take the chance.

Also with the trade, Kazmir and Wigginton going to the DL.

We called up JP Howell, who we aquired for Joey Gathright from the Royals. the 23 year old lefty only hits about 85 on the radar gun, but has absolutely NASTY breaking stuff. Hes pitched really, really well in AAA for us. Going 3-2 with a 2.11 ERA and 35K/9BB in 38 1/3 innings so far. Hes going to get the start tomorrow agaisnt the Tigers.

We called up Ben Zobrist as well. Ben was the 25 year old SS that we aquired for Aubrey Huff. Many questioned that trade, myself included, but so far through 18 games in AAA, hes played solid Defense and hit .304 with a .400 OBP. Walkin 10 times and only striking out 9 times. He has no power, good speed, and average glove, but with his eye and speed, he could definitely help the team. With Lugo being traded, hes coming up to play SS, and unless he struggles, most likely for the rest of the year.

And finally we called up BJ Upton. Hes going to be playing 3B for us. Since moving to 3rd hes made only 1 throwing error. Hes clearly ready with the bat. Most know about him so i wont go through his details...

Tomorrow our lineup will look like this most likely..

3B Upton
LF Crawford
CF Baldelli
2B Cantu
1B Lee
RF Branyan(should be, but could be Hollins or Greg Norton)
DH Gomes
C Navarro
SS Zobrist

SP Howell

Pennington's Rocket Arm
07-31-2006, 05:54 PM
nice wrap-up, nappy. looks awesome!

King Nate
08-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Awesome stuff, Nappy! :woot:

BTW, who else loved that 19-6 romp we put on the yanks?

Nappy Roots
08-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Loved it..

btw, i went to the game yesterday for Howells first start for us...he was horrible...

Upton started at 3rd, made a great play over there, also had 2 hits including a smashed double down the line...

Zobrist started at short...showed little range and a small arm, so i think his future with us is at either 2nd base, or just a utility guy. He was worked some decent ABs though, but went 0-4.

Phins28
08-02-2006, 09:41 PM
:sidelol:

Nappy Roots
08-02-2006, 09:47 PM
:sidelol:

Rocky Raccoon
08-02-2006, 10:25 PM

Yankees fan, ignore him.

Phins28
08-02-2006, 10:29 PM

Yankees fan, ignore him.

Nappy Roots
08-02-2006, 11:48 PM

this might be something youve never seen before...but its called a "class"...you might want to take some...See you go inside a "school" and you learn things...

might be kind of late for you, but i reserve hope....

Pennington's Rocket Arm
08-03-2006, 12:08 AM
since he's a yankees fan, he'll have to start earlier than that:

Nappy Roots
08-03-2006, 12:14 AM
since he's a yankees fan, he'll have to start earlier than that:

http://carper.senate.gov/graphics/Warner%20Elementary%20School%20Kindergarten%20Centerlg.jpg

hrmm...your probably right....hopefully there is still hope for him!

Nappy Roots
08-03-2006, 12:24 AM
who cares? he's a Yankees fan :barf:

well if he can get someone what educated, then im pretty sure he will see the light, and move away from that franchise

Rocky Raccoon
08-03-2006, 12:25 AM
hrmm...your probably right....hopefully there is still hope for him!
who cares? he's a Yankees fan :barf:

Nappy Roots
08-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Following a 6-1 win over Lancaster on Wednesday, the Devil Rays promoted Reid Brignac and Evan Longoria to Double-A. Brignac hit .326/.382/.557 with 21 home runs in 411 at-bats with Visalia, while Longoria was .327/.402/.618 with eight homers in his 28-game trial at high Class A.

Longoria was our first round pick this year, #3 overall....

King Nate
08-07-2006, 02:09 PM
:woot:

Walk-off home run against the BoSox! Hooray!

King Felix
08-07-2006, 10:23 PM
we should have bet...........nappy or king nate or uf

King Felix
08-08-2006, 01:08 AM
:whistle:

Nappy Roots
08-09-2006, 12:52 AM
damn my fault. i didnt see this post...pretty good game tonight...

King Felix
08-09-2006, 12:53 AM
:whistle:

Nappy Roots
08-09-2006, 12:53 AM
damn my fault. i didnt see this post...pretty good game tonight...

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shakeno:
nevermind