PDA

View Full Version : Feeley Available?

Migs182005
03-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Eagles | Feeley Note - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
14:55 PT: Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports Philadelphia Eagles may have no other choice than to shop QB A.J. Feeley to other teams. In the final year of his contract, Feeley has said before that he would like to remain an Eagle, even as a backup. If the team offers him a first-round tender he would make over $1 million a year, or the team could give him a low tender and would receive a fifth-round draft choice if another team signs Feeley.

Well, here could be our answer at backup. It all depends on what the Eagles do.

Coral Reefer
03-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Migs182005
Eagles | Feeley Note - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
14:55 PT: Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports Philadelphia Eagles may have no other choice than to shop QB A.J. Feeley to other teams. In the final year of his contract, Feeley has said before that he would like to remain an Eagle, even as a backup. If the team offers him a first-round tender he would make over $1 million a year, or the team could give him a low tender and would receive a fifth-round draft choice if another team signs Feeley.

Well, here could be our answer at backup. It all depends on what the Eagles do.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Migs182005
03-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Oh, my bad. I guess this isn't important. Maybe we should just hope Ray Lucas can save our season next year again.

Den54
03-02-2003, 08:20 PM
You know who still has game and is a seasoned vet?
Rodney Pete. Is he available? He would be an upgrade over Lucas.

Migs182005
03-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Panthers | Peete Ever So Close - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
February 28, 2003 12:41:41 PT Len Pasquarelli reports for ESPN.com the Carolina Panthers are close to re-signing QB Rodney Peete to a three-year, $4 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $500,000. In addition to the signing bonus, Peete will collect a roster bonus of $500,000 and the base salaries for each of the three years of the new deal are $1 million. The contract figures to also include some "makeable" incentives.

It would be nice, but it won't happen

Samphin
03-02-2003, 08:34 PM
I don't think the Dolphins even have quarterbacks on their radar. I think they have their attnetion on wideouts and offeonsive linemen and then the defense. Hate to say it but, A.J. Feeley won't be here anytime soon.

Chisel Monkey
03-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Oh my God No. Feely did Fine -almost good. But he was only asked to do very little. He never brought the Eagles from behind he just didn't kill them. He can't trow the deep out, or post, he stands up too straight handing off. I could go on. I watched all his games and "GULP" I'd still rather take Ray ( IN our system), As the #2 QB .

Rob hoffman
03-02-2003, 09:09 PM
It's not important. The reality is that the team can make that move weeks from now...and feeley would come in here as a backup...If Fiedler goes down we are screwed anyhow.

Migs182005
03-02-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Rob hoffman
It's not important. The reality is that the team can make that move weeks from now...and feeley would come in here as a backup...If Fiedler goes down we are screwed anyhow.

How do you know this move can be made a couple of weeks from now? Did you forget about the other 31 teams in the league that could try to get him before us?

Obviously, Feeley would come here as a backup, but everyone thought the Eagles were screwed when McNabb went down, but they didn't. Feeley kept them alive. Who's to say he couldn't do the same down here.

Feeley is no starter, but he's a servicable backup. Better than Lucas.

"But he was only asked to do very little. He never brought the Eagles from behind he just didn't kill them." - Chiesel Monkey

Isn't that what we asked from Lucas? To not make mistakes, and keep them in it, but he couldn't do that.

I don't see why some people have to PMS about Feeley comming down here.(Rob) (cough) With Gandy gone, and Webb possibly signing soon, we aren't going to settle the LT position till the draft anyways.

t2thejz
03-02-2003, 10:18 PM
I dont know how much of an upgrade feely would be over feidler he would be a good backup but i wouldnt trade for him.

Migs182005
03-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by godblessAmerica
I dont know how much of an upgrade feely would be over feidler he would be a good backup but i wouldnt trade for him.

We are not talking about upgrading Fiedler, we are talking about upgrading Lucas. Feeley is young, and would be a great backup in Miami. He does what is needed to win, not making mistakes.

t2thejz
03-02-2003, 10:33 PM
yea but what would we have to give up for him

baccarat
03-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Could anybody be worse than Lucas?:confused:

Migs182005
03-02-2003, 10:36 PM
Well, that's the question. Draft picks, Edwards, Lucas ;)

akfinfan
03-02-2003, 10:41 PM
Feely, are you kidding me?? Over Lucas yes, over Fiedler no!!

Migs182005
03-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by chambers84

That's what we are talking about. Not to replace Fiedler, but to replace Lucas.

Coral Reefer
03-02-2003, 11:50 PM
How do you know this move can be made a couple of weeks from now? Did you forget about the other 31 teams in the league that could try to get him before us?

Obviously, Feeley would come here as a backup, but everyone thought the Eagles were screwed when McNabb went down, but they didn't. Feeley kept them alive. Who's to say he couldn't do the same down here.

"But he was only asked to do very little. He never brought the Eagles from behind he just didn't kill them." - Chiesel Monkey

Isn't that what we asked from Lucas? To not make mistakes, and keep them in it, but he couldn't do that.

I don't see why some people have to PMS about Feeley comming down here.(Rob) (cough) With Gandy gone, and Webb possibly signing soon, we aren't going to settle the LT position till the draft anyways.

Yeah, the NFL is ablaze with rumors about who's going to land Feeley!

:rolleyes:

What exactly do you base the assessment that Feeley is better than Lucas. Yeah, Lucas stunk but Feely has proven nothing either. Feeley looked good for Philly, whooptie! Lucas looked great as a backup with the Jets and look what happened here. I don't think anyone has PMS, most people just realize that Feeley just isn't anything to even waste a thread on.

Coral Reefer
03-02-2003, 11:57 PM
Oh, my bad. I guess this isn't important. Maybe we should just hope Ray Lucas can save our season next year again.

It's not important, you could probably pick up a QB out of the arena league right before the season starts that could perform as well as Feeley..... Please!

minus
03-03-2003, 12:09 AM
Forget Feeley !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake Delhome in my opinion will be a better choice and has potential to be starting QB(He is a FA)...

dolphan39
03-03-2003, 03:46 AM
the Phins are praying that Griese lands here, but that would not be until after 6/1 so either will any replacement for Lucas if not Griese.

I would also hope that Sage beats out Lucas during PS for the #2 if - please no g-d - Lucas is still around

BSQX4
03-03-2003, 05:39 AM
If all we do in Free Agency is resign our own guys and land Brian Griese, after what I've seen teams pay for talent ,I'll take it and try our luck in the draft.

VanDolPhan
03-03-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by BSQX4
If all we do in Free Agency is resign our own guys and land Brian Griese, after what I've seen teams pay for talent ,I'll take it and try our luck in the draft.

I'd rather try our luck on a 3rd round pick also but that depends if we can fill out our needs to a comfortable level for us to do so by then.

Migs182005
03-03-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Trekbiz
Yeah, the NFL is ablaze with rumors about who's going to land Feeley!

:rolleyes:

What exactly do you base the assessment that Feeley is better than Lucas. Yeah, Lucas stunk but Feely has proven nothing either. Feeley looked good for Philly, whooptie! Lucas looked great as a backup with the Jets and look what happened here. I don't think anyone has PMS, most people just realize that Feeley just isn't anything to even waste a thread on.

What do I base it on? The fact that Feeley took over an offense that was all Donovan McNabb, and he helped them make the playoffs. Lucas, took over an offense the isn't suppose to revolve around him (cough) Ricky Williams, and he screwed it up, thus costing us the season.

I don't believe people are trashing a QB that took his team to the playoffs when everyone thought they were going to lose. If you think Feeley isn't a good backup QB, then you don't know football.

Migs182005
03-03-2003, 09:38 AM
It's not important, you could probably pick up a QB out of the arena league right before the season starts that could perform as well as Feeley..... Please!

If that's the case, then why hasn't a team done that this year? Feeley is a great backup, you just don't get it.

I sometimes wonder if you know anything about football. :rolleyes:

Coral Reefer
03-03-2003, 11:08 AM
What do I base it on? The fact that Feeley took over an offense that was all Donovan McNabb, and he helped them make the playoffs. Lucas, took over an offense the isn't suppose to revolve around him (cough) Ricky Williams, and he screwed it up, thus costing us the season.

I don't believe people are trashing a QB that took his team to the playoffs when everyone thought they were going to lose. If you think Feeley isn't a good backup QB, then you don't know football.

My point is little boy that any backup has looked good in his career at some point.

A point you keep ignoring is that the reason Lucas ended up here is because he did so well backing up Testaverde.
He looked great and looked what happened. Damon Huard led the Fins to a 7-1 record the year Marino went down and now he can barely hold onto a 3rd string position in NE.

For you to base this guys talent potential on a string of 5 games is ignorant at best.

News to me Feeley took Philly to the playoffs and not the other way around!
Again basing a guys talent level and potential on 5 games he started out of necessity, had an avg. QB rating of 71 threw as many int. as TD's 5/5, is only in his 2nd year in the league, played on a team that has one of the best defenses in the entire league to carry him...... basing this guys value in FA as high based on that is rediculous.

Add that to the fact that you probably didn't even see one game he played in before you started spouting off about "If you think Feeley isn't a good QB then you don't know football"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Teach me all about Football Migs..... Tell me how FA on your Madden 2003 game plays out since I'm sure it's the extent of your football exp.
What a frickin joke.
Stick to comic books Migs.

gottahavefootba
03-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Geezzz.... everybody's panties are in a knot around here aren't they? The poor guy just mentioned that there is a BACKUP Qb that may be available, that actually looked good in a few games that he started and won them, (by good I mean he didn't have 6 TO's his first start). and everybody is jumping all over him on how this qb sucks! what is the problem? Lucas is horrible. he needs to be replaced. Feeley IS an upgrade.
Now just everybody relax... you would think by the responses in this thread that he just said we should get Lamar Smith to replace Ricky Wiliams.

Migs182005
03-03-2003, 11:42 AM
My point is little boy that any backup has looked good in his career at some point.

A point you keep ignoring is that the reason Lucas ended up here is because he did so well backing up Testaverde.
He looked great and looked what happened. Damon Huard led the Fins to a 7-1 record the year Marino went down and now he can barely hold onto a 3rd string position in NE.

For you to base this guys talent potential on a string of 5 games is ignorant at best.

News to me Feeley took Philly to the playoffs and not the other way around!
Again basing a guys talent level and potential on 5 games he started out of necessity, had an avg. QB rating of 71 threw as many int. as TD's 5/5, is only in his 2nd year in the league, played on a team that has one of the best defenses in the entire league to carry him...... basing this guys value in FA as high based on that is rediculous.

Add that to the fact that you probably didn't even see one game he played in before you started spouting off about "If you think Feeley isn't a good QB then you don't know football"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Teach me all about Football Migs..... Tell me how FA on your Madden 2003 game plays out since I'm sure it's the extent of your football exp.
What a frickin joke.
Stick to comic books Migs.

Alright then, I guess we shouldn't bring any other backup in here because they have all looked good at some point in their carrer, but now they are looking for a job. Stewart/ took the Steelers to the AFC Championship game, now he got beat out by an XFL QB. Griese (who will be cut) has led the Broncos to the playoffs, now he will be replaced by Jake Plummer.

I guess we should just play it safe and not take a risk on anyone.

I just so happens that I watched 4 of the 5 games he played in, and that is why I make this statement.

"My point is little boy"

At least I'm not an adult that spends most of his day on a Dolphins website instead of working. If you know so much about football, tell me then, why is it that you're not involved in it? Coach, journalist, etc.?

I have probably done more things involving football and sports in general than you will in your whole life.

I don't read comics but I'll tell you what I will stick to...

Being a sports journalist...
Getting paid to be one...
Writing for finheaven.com, Kffl.com, school newspaper, and the Miami Herald.....
Interviewing Miami Dolphins players and coaches....
Being apart of the Credited media, able to cover any sports event in So. Florida....
Having my reports shown all across my Miami...
oh... and working my way towards UF

Oh, and by the way. Is Madden 2003 cool? I have never played

gottahavefootba
03-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Yeah Madden is great! you should try it.

Migs182005
03-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Maybe I will. I hear it's a good game too.

What a frickin joke.

But it's not like I'd learn anything new since that is where I got all my football knowledge from. Of course this is based on what Trkbiz said :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Coral Reefer
03-03-2003, 04:23 PM

I have probably done more things involving football and sports in general than you will in your whole life.

Being the kid that collects jock straps after practice in the locker room dosen't count Migs.

Migs182005
03-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Being the jock strap boy in the locker room dosen't count Migs.

Oh, you must have stopped reading my post.. Maybe if you would have continued to reading, you would have read this....

"Being a sports journalist...
Writing for finheaven.com, Kffl.com, school newspaper, and the Miami Herald.....
Being apart of the Credited media, able to cover any sports event in So. Florida....
Having my reports shown all across my Miami..."

Oh, and one more thing. I appriciate the personal attacks. It shows some real class man :rolleyes:

Who's the teenager here again?

Coral Reefer
03-03-2003, 04:35 PM
Oh, you must have stopped reading my post.. Maybe if you would have continued to reading, you would have read this....

"Being a sports journalist...
Having my reports shown all across my Miami..."

Oh, and one more thing. I appriciate the personal attacks. It shows some real class man :rolleyes:

Who's the teenager here again?

If I remember correctly you started the attacks Miggie.
You started with the you know nothing about football stuff simply because I disagreed with you.
You continue too as well with the "grown man spending all his time on a website" deal.

Which is fine with me. As I'm at work, working and making a living in a career, I have to be on the computer and have the luxury of checking the site for news.
You however, are a kid with no obligations, have all the time in the world to do anything you want and you CHOOSE to spend all your time on a website. I can see you are a real active kid! You don't date much do you? Cyberdating dosen't count.

Migs182005
03-03-2003, 04:44 PM
If I remember correctly you started the attacks Miggie.
You started with the you know nothing about football stuff simply because I disagreed with you.
You continue too as well with the "grown man spending all his time on a website" deal.

Which is fine with me. As I'm at work, working and making a living in a career, I have to be on the computer and have the luxury of checking the site for news.
You however, are a kid with no obligations, all the time in the world to do anything you want and you Choose to spend all your time on a website. You don't date much do you?

Attacks? I was just simply stating a fact. Your telling me that Feeley is not a good backup. By making that statement, you are showing me that you must not know anything about football.

All the time in the world as a teenager? Did you forget about school? AP classes when I'm not even in high school yet? I don't know about you but very few teens today have all the time in the world to do whatever they want. It's called studying for a future. Maybe with you it was different, I don't know.

I don't spend most of my time on finheaven, but I do spend a good hour or two daily on the internet, because it's part of my job? Oh yeah, I don't have a care in the world? I have a job. That sure is responsibility. Oh and in my spare time, I squeze in some time to help with the community.

Do I date? No I don't. Because I have a girlfriend.

Anything else?

Migs182005
03-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Progressing this is pointless.... I have better things to do.

Coral Reefer
03-04-2003, 01:19 AM
Progressing this is pointless.... I have better things to do.

I'm sure you do.
Good luck in all you do.... you'll need it.
It's been fun.

Justasportsfan
03-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Ahhh! The Feely thread. Apparently back then someone wasn't even sure he would be better than Lucas. But now that he's a fin..... :lol:

Tatonka
03-18-2004, 04:35 PM

Obviously, Feeley would come here as a backup

Originally posted by t2thejz

Originally posted by chambers84

:goof:

inFINSible
03-18-2004, 08:39 PM
:lol:....Migs OWNED!!!

t2thejz
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
haha how ironic

Section126
08-21-2005, 07:20 PM
My favorite feeley thread............ever.

t2thejz
08-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Where is migs now a days anyway

Migs182005
08-21-2005, 11:57 PM
right here :lol: