PDA

View Full Version : No. 1 Food That Leads to Big Bellies

BAMAPHIN 22
03-20-2006, 05:57 PM
People who eat too much white bread have larger waistlines than their friends who eat whole grains instead, according to a new study from Tufts University in Boston.

That plushy white bread goes straight to your gut and then hangs out as belly fat, reports The Associated Press. In fact, white bread is a larger contributor to a bulging waistline than alcohol, sweets, or meat and potatoes.

"Waist circumference was very much associated with this high-refined-grains pattern," lead study author Katherine Tucker, an associate professor of nutritional epidemiology at Tufts, told AP.

Tucker's team examined 459 healthy, middle-age people in Baltimore, Maryland who had a variety of eating habits. Specifically, they examined five different diets where one type of food was prominent: healthy food, white bread, alcohol, sweets, or meat and potatoes. And the people who ate the most white bread were also the fattest.

http://channels.netscape.com/homerealestate/package.jsp?name=fte/whitebread/whitebread&floc=LIV-1_T

ILPhinFan88
03-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Havent touched white bread in years. Been whole wheat for some time now.

FinFan72
03-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Havent touched white bread in years. Been whole wheat for some time now.
Same here but i eat Potato Bread

darkmistress
03-20-2006, 07:13 PM
People who eat too much white bread have larger waistlines than their friends who eat whole grains instead, according to a new study from Tufts University in Boston.

That plushy white bread goes straight to your gut and then hangs out as belly fat, reports The Associated Press. In fact, white bread is a larger contributor to a bulging waistline than alcohol, sweets, or meat and potatoes.

"Waist circumference was very much associated with this high-refined-grains pattern," lead study author Katherine Tucker, an associate professor of nutritional epidemiology at Tufts, told AP.

Tucker's team examined 459 healthy, middle-age people in Baltimore, Maryland who had a variety of eating habits. Specifically, they examined five different diets where one type of food was prominent: healthy food, white bread, alcohol, sweets, or meat and potatoes. And the people who ate the most white bread were also the fattest.

http://channels.netscape.com/homerealestate/package.jsp?name=fte/whitebread/whitebread&floc=LIV-1_T

Genius... pure genius...

cnc66
03-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Same here but i eat Potato Bread

Martin's

NaboCane
03-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Another study a number of years ago was made to determine why Vietnamese people had begun to get heavier and less healthy.

Long story short, it was determined that it was because of the western influence from the French colonialists in the 40's-50's, and Americans later; it seems the Vietnamese had always eaten their rice as they harvested it, whole. But the westerners brought with them the habit of white rice, which is rice that has been denuded of all bran and nutrients for uniformity of color, and for the preference of the western palate.

As the Vietnamese acquired the taste for white instead of natural rice, their failure to replace those lost nutrients - rice being such a large part of their diet - harmed their health, and their bodies' processing of the white rice as pure simple carbs led to a trend of becoming overweight as well.

ShaqandWade323
03-20-2006, 07:32 PM
I thought it would've been ice cream, go figure.

d-day
03-20-2006, 07:51 PM
I thought it would've been ice cream, go figure.

or krispy kreme

krispy kreme :drool:

FinFan72
03-20-2006, 07:56 PM
or krispy kreme

:yes:

A Wing Pilot
03-20-2006, 08:01 PM
A recent study by Me shows that people that post to often in the lounge are getting fat from being on the computer all day

FIN-IN-RI
03-20-2006, 08:35 PM
or krispy kreme

ahh the warm melting goodness that coats the inard of ones mouth...

yes kreme.. oh yes.. love me tender

NMNB
03-20-2006, 08:43 PM
It's actually pizza. They're lying.

HysterikiLL
03-20-2006, 08:47 PM
White bread = bad and yucky.
Brown bread -- max. 2 slices per day = yummy, healthy.