PDA

View Full Version : A fresh Brees blows through town...

SuperDome
03-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I wish you guys all the luck in the world in the AFC. You have a really good coach in Saban and a great deal of talent in the backfield. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for RW...an extremely talented but troubled kid.

Thought I would share with you guys an ad Drew Brees took out in the New Orleans Times-Picayune. After Culpepper not even being at the press conference to "introduce" him (don't worry that is typical Saban...you got to love a coach that can make a rookie cry at practice) Anyway, here is the ad
what do you think?

Sundance Kid
03-20-2006, 08:32 PM
We will NOT win a thing in New Orleans.....ever...

danephin
03-20-2006, 08:32 PM
They must have photoshopped that smile on his face.

JonDigital
03-20-2006, 08:33 PM
repost!

I want to see Pepp on the field, not on a black and white newspaper.

ShaqandWade323
03-20-2006, 08:33 PM
He has an ugly birthmark on his face. Daunte > Brees.

JON! Didn't you posted here too.

Dolfandenny
03-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Nice picture. Good luck Drew, hope you do well. :dolphins:

Lappy
I wish you guys all the luck in the world in the AFC. You have a really good coach in Saban and a great deal of talent in the backfield. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for RW...an extremely talented but troubled kid.

Thought I would share with you guys an ad Drew Brees took out in the New Orleans Times-Picayune. After Culpepper not even being at the press conference to "introduce" him (don't worry that is typical Saban...you got to love a coach that can make a rookie cry at practice) Anyway, here is the ad
what do you think?

Wow that's pretty cool of Drew.

Good luck this season you guys picked up a great QB and I hope he takes your team to the next level.

Thanks for posting.

WISfinfan13
Yeah someone posted it on here a few days ago. I thought it was cool. Alot of people on this sight are bitter cuz they would have rather had Brees, but truth is he failed our physical and Saban said to hell with him. But he is a class guy and I hope he does well in New Orleans.

TrueChampions06
You know im not going to bash on him anymore because im satisfied with the QB we have now..

but Good luck! im sure he'll be everything you guys needed.

phinphan11
03-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Who's that guy next to the Hooters girl?

Despacio
03-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, the message has good intentions, and I really hope things work out there for the team. Just because Brees is not in a Fin uniform doesn't mean he is still not a good quarterback.

But at the same time, after all that has been reported (Miami decided against Brees), it's hard to fully buy Brees message that New Orleans is really the place he wants to be.

JonDigital
03-20-2006, 08:39 PM

JON! Didn't you posted here too.
sup my man. didnt know you posted on here too! you following me around eh? :dolphins:

Just to add something. I am not bitter NO got Brees. I actually was hoping for Daunte the whole time seeing as I watched him throughout college at UCF and feel his injury is not as bad for a QB as Brees' is. It's funny how Saints fans are still hung up on us. I mean seriously, its a classy thing for Brees to do but do not kid yourself, you know you werent his first choice, he had to do something to save face a bit.

Plus he had to throw some of that money back into the community somehow :sidelol:

Spray Mucus
03-20-2006, 08:43 PM
how much of that $60 million does he have left after buying that add?

all joking aside. I wanted one of the two guys, I'm thankful we got one. After reading more into it, I'm glad we got Pepp because of the money and health situation.

JonDigital
03-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Watching Pepp move around on ESPN last night gave me chills. I have a feeling people will be eating there words regarding D's Inferno :) come opening day.

AtticusFinz
03-20-2006, 08:46 PM

:lol:

Spray Mucus
03-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Watching Pepp move around on ESPN last night gave me chills. I have a feeling people will be eating there words regarding D's Inferno :) come opening day.

seeing him do leg extension with the miami teal and logo on his shorts made me tear up.

TrueChampions06
03-20-2006, 08:48 PM

where are all these Coral springs people coming from lol.. thought i was the only person here from coral springs

Muck
03-20-2006, 08:51 PM

what do you think?

That's awesome. You definitely have a great "face" for your franchise now. That ad goes a long way and means a lot to fans. Outstanding move by Brees.

JonDigital
03-20-2006, 08:56 PM
where are all these Coral springs people coming from lol.. thought i was the only person here from coral springs
Holla! :lol:

fitskin
03-20-2006, 09:00 PM
This just cements the fact that it was a PR move. Obviously.

TrueChampions06
03-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Holla! :lol:

it's good to see some dolphin fans here in coral springs.. most of my neighbors are jet fans :sidelol:

jdang307
03-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Never seen his wife before. She's cute. I'm from San Diego so I hope he does well. I never wish ill will on someone that's never done anything to me, and for $60 million I wouldn't care what I thought either. I just care about Pepper and the phins now.

When are those #8 authentics coming out!

Fin Fan in Cali
03-20-2006, 09:07 PM

what do you think?Drew will be doing a no holds barred interview on the Mighty Double XX with Scott Kaplan and Billy Ray Smith at 7:00am wct on Thursday 3/23. He will talk about the Chargers, Dolphins, and the Saints for all those that might be interested. www.mty1090.com (http://www.mty1090.com)

DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz
03-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Ok sorry if this is a STUPID question but what is Daunte's Inferno? Is that his nickname or something like that?? I really like it

Bradical
03-20-2006, 09:12 PM
I thought I was the only one who noticed the disturbing amount of Jets fans around Springs

Spray Mucus
03-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Ok sorry if this is a STUPID question but what is Daunte's Inferno? Is that his nickname or something like that?? I really like it

it's a book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0811842134/ref=sib_rdr_dp/103-8319344-4977403?%5Fencoding=UTF8&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&no=283155&st=books&n=283155

but it's a cool nickname for Daunte.

miaD5499
03-20-2006, 09:16 PM
now that i look at it im not sure why most of us were so sold on brees...daunte has been to 3 pro bowls he had hes amazing 39 td season and has won in the playoffs and gone deep...brees has only made the pro bowl once and is 0-1 in the playoffs and was battling a very serious shoulder injury which is even worse than a knee injury for a qb....now that i look at it i would of prefered daunte over brees and im not just saying that

branflakecereal
03-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Quite frankly, at this point, I am happy for both teams. The Dolphins got, in my opinion, the better of the two available quarterbacks, and Culpepper genuinely wanted to come here. The Saints got a major upgrade over Brooks, and a new face for their rebuilding franchise. Furthermore, its not like the Saints are a division, or even conference rival, so how much do we really have to worry about them improving? :wink:

slyfox13
03-20-2006, 09:21 PM

what do you think?Theres a fresh brees alright and it smells strangely like Jumbo Gumbo Lmao:sidelol:

TrueChampions06
03-20-2006, 09:21 PM
I thought I was the only one who noticed the disturbing amount of Jets fans around Springs

:sidelol:

my neighbor is a huge jets fan.. has his car all decked out in jets accessories..

But for some odd reason.. Just waayy to many Jet Fans in springs..

Theres probably on 1 Extreme Dolphins Fan on my street..
During the Hurricane Wilma power Outage, they had a Huge Camp set outside their house called Fins Camp lol.

Fin Fan in Cali
03-20-2006, 09:23 PM
I rather deal with all the Charger fans out here then the Jet fans.

PhenomenalPhin
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
any of you coral spring fans live in Parkland? I work there.

Good to see Brees is enjoying his new home.

TrueChampions06
03-20-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm 4 mins away from the Parkland Zone

Aqua and Orange
03-20-2006, 09:38 PM

:sidelol:

JonDigital
03-20-2006, 09:39 PM
any of you coral spring fans live in Parkland? I work there.

Good to see Brees is enjoying his new home. i lived with my parents and went to high school in parkland. live in coral springs now. north broward fin massive hooooooooooooooo!!! :sidelol:

A Wing Pilot
03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
it's good to see some dolphin fans here in coral springs.. most of my neighbors are jet fans :sidelol:

Been here on finheaven for sometime now Coral springs is the place to be. And trust me, all the kids are bandwagon pats fans here ( I Coach... trust me I know)

HysterikiLL
03-20-2006, 09:50 PM
What's-his-name's wife isn't bad. I'd :hump: her.

34isback
03-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Brees is there one year-big deal

TrueChampions06
03-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Been here on finheaven for sometime now Coral springs is the place to be. And trust me, all the kids are bandwagon pats fans here ( I Coach... trust me I know)

LOL :sidelol:

Danny
03-20-2006, 10:10 PM

what do you think?
I can't believe that they gave him so much money with so many holes that team has.

Ozzy rules!!

Dolphin North
03-20-2006, 10:15 PM
You know im not going to bash on him anymore because im satisfied with the QB we have now..

but Good luck! im sure he'll be everything you guys needed.

Me too. Umm... but one more thing....you can call this a bash if you want, but I'm really happy with Pep. Why does Brees have that Jersey hiding the shoulder? Does he need ice on it all the time? :lol:

Bradical
03-21-2006, 01:46 AM
I went to high in school in Parkland, I still live in Springs and work part-time over at the Ruby Tuesday at the Magnolia Shoppes...so if any of you guys ever stop in there to eat on the weekends ask for Brad, we can talk some Dolphins and I'll hook it up with some free dessert or something...and as far as Brees, I have nothing against him...I actually feel kinda bad for him now that he is eternally damned as a NO Saint

Goin` Deep
03-21-2006, 02:01 AM
SuperDome, nice try for your first post, take Drew Brees please!! Let`s see, the Dolphins and Saints came into the league the same year, and that`s where the similarities between your franchise and our franchise end. Talk about total opposite ends of the spectrum as far as success goes, what do you have, ONE playoff win in your team history! Brees was not wanted here, he didn`t pass the physical here, so he wasn`t wanted here...end of story. You guys were always the #2 choice for him (but you`re used to being #2 aren`t you?). As far as that jab at Saban, making Wright cry at practice...totally classless, at least he knew better than to wait around one more year to leave LSU for your sad *** excuse for a team. Removed

That last line was uncalled for. This time you get a warning, next time time off

D-Rock
03-21-2006, 02:14 AM
lol good one

whatsburning
03-21-2006, 02:15 AM
Good luck with Drew... hope he's the beginning of good things for your team, and your city...

... on a sinister note, do I hear Mrs. Brees whispering through her "forced" smile... "You'll pay, big boy. You'll pay."

TheBayouBullet
03-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Removed

As an Emergency Operator who works about 30 minutes out of New Orleans, I have to ask you: why do you relish in the destruction of homes and lives? Is football so important to you? Do you enjoy the fact that citizens of another football team were killed in a hurricane? Are you a fair representation of how little Dolphin fans value human life?

If so, wipe Miami off of my "favorite teams" list. You are a human disgrace.

Pigskin Pimp
03-21-2006, 02:51 AM
As an Emergency Operator who works about 30 minutes out of New Orleans, I have to ask you: why do you relish in the destruction of homes and lives? Is football so important to you? Do you enjoy the fact that citizens of another football team were killed in a hurricane? Are you a fair representation of how little Dolphin fans value human life?

If so, wipe Miami off of my "favorite teams" list. You are a human disgrace.Don't listen to what this guy has to say. Dolphin fans are some of the most loyal fans you'll ever meet, but we're also a kind bunch.
Every group has a rotten apple, to make such a broad generalization and lump him with the rest - assuming he is a representation of the fan base makes you no better than him.

TheBayouBullet
03-21-2006, 02:59 AM
Don't listen to what this guy has to say. Dolphin fans are some of the most loyal fans you'll ever meet, but we're also a kind bunch.
Every group has a rotten apple, to make such a broad generalization and lump him with the rest - assuming he is a representation of the fan base makes you no better than him.

There are rotten apples in every crew, ours too. It's just getting very old having so many Miami people come to our forums, bash our team, and bash our city. But I know they're the minority.

ShuggieOtis
03-21-2006, 03:31 AM
i heard brittany brees is competing for a starting job on the saints as a free safety

Goin` Deep
03-21-2006, 03:56 AM
BayouBullet, I apologize for my comment about getting "washed away", but the starter of this thread is a little out of line imo.

Quinninin
03-21-2006, 04:03 AM
BayouBullet, I apologize for my comment about getting "washed away", but the starter of this thread is a little out of line imo.

I dont think he meant anything negative by his comments, he was just sharing what Brees did after signing in NO. I dont read anything bad in his message or his intentions.

PassRush
03-21-2006, 04:05 AM
Personaly I wanted Daunte all along(its actualy true, check my post history). Brees is a good quarterback and if we did not get daunte I would back Brees 100%. I wish him and the Saints luck, because lets face it, no one needs it more than the Saints

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-21-2006, 09:22 AM
a class move by brees.

Dolphin North
03-21-2006, 08:37 PM

Whoa, I didn't see that "washed away" comment until today. I'm the most sarcastic person on the planet so I didn't mind the rest of his post. Dumping on a football team is one thing, but I think he got on a bit too much of a roll.

If you get back on this thread or board, I hope you see the apologies others are offering in his place. It wasn't very nice. I live way up here in Nova Scotia, Canada and I can tell you that our hearts went out to N.O. when Katrina was doing her deeds. Terrible, unimaginable situation, so I'm sorry you had to read that comment.

FinFan72
03-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Who's that guy next to the Hooters girl?
:lol: She's Hot:eek:

Vertical Limit
03-21-2006, 11:58 PM
That's messed up. What Drew Brees (a pro bowl caliber QB coming from a very tough, competitive division) is doing is heroic to the organization and New Orlean's fans. I would be happy as well to help rebuild a team like the Saints.

Roman529
03-22-2006, 12:52 AM

Hopefully Goin Deep will be given some time off by the mods for his remark...there was nothing funny about Katrina or what happened to the people of New Orleans or Mississippi. :(

pigskinguy
03-22-2006, 11:56 AM
SuperDome, nice try for your first post, take Drew Brees please!! Let`s see, the Dolphins and Saints came into the league the same year, and that`s where the similarities between your franchise and our franchise end. Talk about total opposite ends of the spectrum as far as success goes, what do you have, ONE playoff win in your team history! Brees was not wanted here, he didn`t pass the physical here, so he wasn`t wanted here...end of story. You guys were always the #2 choice for him (but you`re used to being #2 aren`t you?). As far as that jab at Saban, making Wright cry at practice...totally classless, at least he knew better than to wait around one more year to leave LSU for your sad *** excuse for a team. REMOVED

Quite possibly the most ignorant thing I have read on this message board.
And you are talking about him being classless. You are the classless one.:shakeno:

Mindwarp
03-22-2006, 12:24 PM

I dont see how the starting post was out of line.