PDA

View Full Version : Condoleezza Rice next NFL commissioner???

KingCrowder
03-21-2006, 01:59 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-replacements032006&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sounds like Roger Goodell is the leading cadidate to replace Paul Tagliabue. But it lists three other candidates Rich McKay, Dick Cass, & Condoleezza Rice.

Good God I hope the Condoleeza Rice thing is a joke. If she is the next Commissioner I'm goint to have to start following a different sport.

ih8brady
03-21-2006, 02:10 AM
Why would you say that? She is more than capable of holding the duties of the commisioner.

KingCrowder
03-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Why would you say that? She is more than capable of holding the duties of the commisioner.

Since this is not the polical forum i will not go into full detail on why i do not like her. and i will just leave it as i don't want her messing up the NFL.

Roman529
03-21-2006, 02:37 AM
They said on PTI that she doesn't really know that much about football but is just a fan. I think it will be someone who is around in the NFL's upper leadership group....like the asst commish.

HysterikiLL
03-21-2006, 02:42 AM
If she doesn't get the job, no doubt there will be a bunch of people complaining that it was because she is a black female.

WestCoastPhins
03-21-2006, 02:47 AM
My only wish is that it is not someone who is related to one of the owners. They are saying rooney II or jonathan kraft. That would just be some soft of shady dealings their. And secondly it should be someone familiar with NFL politics like tagliabue was.

Alex44
03-21-2006, 02:52 AM
Who chooses the new commish?

Does paul like chose or do the owners vote or what?

HysterikiLL
03-21-2006, 02:59 AM

verizon wireless sms vote

KingCrowder
03-21-2006, 03:01 AM

The Owners get together and vote on it.

playmaker1
03-21-2006, 04:04 AM
Rice would be horrible. Maybe Jerry Rice

ih8brady
03-21-2006, 04:12 AM
They said on PTI that she doesn't really know that much about football but is just a fan. I think it will be someone who is around in the NFL's upper leadership group....like the asst commish.

:sidelol: Oh the irony!

Who do those two bald headed clowns think they are? Vince Lombardi? They're just fans too. They just yell a lot, and many fans know just as much about football as they do. I mean, honestly, do they have a BA in football or something?:rolleyes2

playmaker1
03-21-2006, 04:58 AM
I love PTI, I think they know alot. Everyone can have an opinion just like you and me

ih8brady
03-21-2006, 05:18 AM
I love PTI, I think they know alot. Everyone can have an opinion just like you and me

they have a right to have an opinion but who are they to claim expertise/put down a genius like dr. rice/say she cant have an opinion? Michael Wilbon said Marino is overrated, so his opinion is worthless in my book

TheAnswer385
03-21-2006, 05:20 AM
verizon wireless sms vote:sidelol: they vote just like American Idol

KingCrowder
03-21-2006, 05:45 AM
they have a right to have an opinion but who are they to claim expertise/put down a genius like dr. rice/say she cant have an opinion? Michael Wilbon said Marino is overrated, so his opinion is worthless in my book

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

ih8brady
03-21-2006, 06:09 AM

BA at age 19, a PhD at 26, a concert level pianist, successful stateswoman and educator; fluent in 5 languages

Her intelligence and intellect is not quite on the the level of Mike Wilborn.:rolleyes2

PS, wilborn is fatter too!

ORL4Fins
03-21-2006, 05:45 PM
ESPN ran a online poll, probably still goin, with joke commissioners. Condi was well behind Trump when I cast my vote. All for fun. Tho I would rather have her as NFL commish if it means she wont ever run for prez.

Caps
03-21-2006, 06:07 PM

I don't have a problem if you don't agree with her stance on political matters, hell, I don't agree with a lot of it either. But to even suggest that she isn't an extremely intelligent woman is just plain ignorant.

KingCrowder
03-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I don't have a problem if you don't agree with her stance on political matters, hell, I don't agree with a lot of it either. But to even suggest that she isn't an extremely intelligent woman is just plain ignorant.

Most people don't seem to understand the difference between Book smarts and intelligents. she may have book smarts but she lacks intelligents.

bullseyeguy
03-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Most people don't seem to understand the difference between Book smarts and intelligents. she may have book smarts but she lacks intelligents.Judging by how you spell intelligence, so do you...

Dolphin1184
03-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Judging by how you spell intelligence, so do you...

:sidelol:

KingCrowder
03-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Judging by how you spell intelligence, so do you...

That falls under book smarts. i see you don't understand the difference either.

bullseyeguy
03-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Anyone with above average intelligence wouldnt assume that someone they never met lacks it....

Desslar
03-22-2006, 11:57 PM
successful stateswoman

Define "successful."

Roman529
03-23-2006, 12:44 AM
I believe the PTI guy's name is Wilbon....not Wilborn....but Condi is a sharp lady. I think Condi may run against Hillary Clinton in 2008. :eek: But I will keep my political views in the PoFo.

ih8brady
03-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Define "successful."

Becoming your nation's foreleader in diplomacy. let me guess, Peter Pace doesnt have a successful career, either because you hate Bush? This thread is like sitting through Paul Reiser's stand up.

ih8brady
03-23-2006, 12:54 AM
I believe the PTI guy's name is Wilbon....not Wilborn....but Condi is a sharp lady. I think Condi may run against Hillary Clinton in 2008. :eek: But I will keep my political views in the PoFo.

A Marino hater by any other name....

and this thread oughta be in the pofo, too.

Gator Mike
03-23-2006, 01:22 AM
That falls under book smarts. i see you don't understand the difference either.
I understand the difference, but at the same time acknowledge that if you don't have enough "book smarts" to spell the word, you can hardly expect others to take you seriously when you start debating the nuances of its definition.

KingCrowder
03-23-2006, 10:15 PM
I understand the difference, but at the same time acknowledge that if you don't have enough "book smarts" to spell the word, you can hardly expect others to take you seriously when you start debating the nuances of its definition.

I wasn't debating. I was stating fact.

KingCrowder
03-23-2006, 10:17 PM

If that happened you would most likely see our first independent candidate become president. :lol: