PDA

View Full Version : The Brown Bunny

acmeanvil49
03-21-2006, 04:39 AM
I ran across something very interesting and actually shocking.

I can't figure out why this wasn't something I had ever heard of before.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
Oscar Nominated (1999 Boys Don't Cry) actress CHLOË SEVIGNY

She is currently starring in the 2006 H-B-O's series "Big Love" with Bill Paxton as one of polygamist Bill Henrickson 3 wives, as shopping-addicted wife Nicki.

Sevigny gained notoriety in 2003 for an unsimulated fellatio scene (she actually preforms oral sex on camera in a mainstream film) in the movie The Brown Bunny with co-star, director and former boyfriend Vincent Gallo (Buffalo 66).

After the film's release, the William Morris Agency dropped her as a client, claiming the scene made her unmarketable; she quickly signed with another agency and continued her career. The 4-minute scene was shown in it's entirity at the Cannes Film festival but later cut from the film.

The premise of the movie.
Set in the world of professional motorcycle racing, racer Bud Clay (Gallo) sets out on a road trip from New Hampshire, where his latest race was, to California, where he has a race in five days. As he travels across the country, he is haunted by the memories of his lost love, a girl named Daisy Lemon (Sevigny). Along the way, he tries to find a new love to call his own, but his feelings for Daisy seem to hold him back. Finally, he gets to Los Angeles, where he reunites with Daisy for a lengthy and graphic oral sex sequence.

Here is Roger Ebert's review of the film.
In May of 2003 I walked out of the press screening of Vincent Gallo's "The Brown Bunny" at the Cannes Film Festival and was asked by a camera crew what I thought of the film. I said I thought it was the worst film in the history of the festival. It was one of the most disastrous screenings I had ever attended.

The audience was loud and scornful in its dislike for the movie; hundreds walked out, and many of those who remained only stayed because they wanted to boo. Imagine, I wrote, a film so unendurably boring that when the hero changes into a clean shirt, there is applause.

But then a funny thing happened. Gallo went back into the editing room and cut 26 minutes of his 118-minute film, or almost a fourth of the running time. And in the process he transformed it. The film's form and purpose now emerge from the miasma of the original cut, and are quietly, sadly, effective. It is said that editing is the soul of the cinema; in the case of "The Brown Bunny," it is its salvation.

I don't know if the Brown Bunny movie is any good but I saw Gallo's Buffalo 66 and it was very wierd but OK.

It was big news when super model Kate Moss was seen on film snorting cocaine and dropped by her agency.

I'm still shocked that a mainstream actress gave an actor a BJ in a movie and I never heard anything about it.

Muck
03-21-2006, 08:55 AM
It was big news when it happened. Not huge. But I read about it.

Gallo and Ebert had a nice back and forth going. Gallo called him a fat pig who looked like a slave trader.

Ebert responded with: “It is true that I am fat. But one day I shall be thin, and he will still be the director of The Brown Bunny.”

:rofl3:

UltraDol-Fan
03-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Ebert responded with: “It is true that I am fat. But one day I shall be thin, and he will still be the director of The Brown Bunny.”

:rofl3:

:lol:

miamikid92
03-21-2006, 10:38 AM
owned :lol::lol: