PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor Part Two?

baccarat
03-03-2003, 08:15 AM
http://washingtontimes.com/national/20030303-104.htm

Terrorists linked to al Qaeda have targeted U.S. military facilities in Pearl Harbor, including nuclear-powered submarines and ships, The Washington Times has learned.

Intelligence reports about the terrorist threat to the Hawaiian harbor bombed by the Japanese in World War II were sent to senior U.S. officials in the past two weeks and coincided with reports of the planning of a major attack by Osama bin Laden's terrorist group. Officials said the reports were one of the reasons that led to the recent heightened security threat alert. The alert status has since been lowered.
According to officials familiar with the reports, al Qaeda is planning an attack on Pearl Harbor because of its symbolic value and because its military facilities are open from the air.
The attacks would be carried out by hijacked airliners from nearby Honolulu International Airport that would be flown into submarines or ships docked at Pearl Harbor in suicide missions, said officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Scary stuff. :(

Kamikaze
03-03-2003, 03:31 PM
So? I bet you a million dollars the REALLY bad stuff is what they're NOT telling us.

Migs182005
03-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by chicagodolphan
So? I bet you a million dollars the REALLY bad stuff is what they're NOT telling us.

I don't know about "So?" but I do agree with you that the government doesn't tell us everything and that they have probably found out about even worse plots, but haven't told us.

Kamikaze
03-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Migs182005
I don't know about "So?" but I do agree with you that the government doesn't tell us everything and that they have probably found out about even worse plots, but haven't told us.

I said so because I frankly could care less about these "threats". Anyone with a creative mind could come up with plan for a dastardly deed, so I really don't put much stock into these threats. What's important to me is that we actually find enough money in the budget to fund the new Office of Homeland Security, which if I'm not mistaken is being serverely underfunded right now.

t2thejz
03-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Hey i agree with chicago for once our home land security is underfunded:eek: