PDA

View Full Version : To those familiar with Full Sail....

houtz
03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
I just recently graduated and I'm deciding on which school to attend. I live in Pennsylvania so I'm not very familiar with out of state schools. My teacher told me about a school known as Full Sail. It's located in Orlando Florida and has courses in Computer Animation, Film, Recording Arts , etc...

I'm just wondering if anyone on these boards is familiar with the school or has gone to the school. I"d just like to know what you thought about it. Or what you've heard about it. I plan on going for either the Computer Animation or the Film course.

Thank you for your time.

King Nate
03-21-2006, 10:14 PM
It's about fifteen minutes away from UCF. I heard it's very good but also very expensive but if you are looking to get into computer animation or film then it should be right up your alley.

TerryTate
03-21-2006, 11:44 PM
I just recently graduated and I'm deciding on which school to attend. I live in Pennsylvania so I'm not very familiar with out of state schools. My teacher told me about a school known as Full Sail. It's located in Orlando Florida and has courses in Computer Animation, Film, Recording Arts , etc...

I'm just wondering if anyone on these boards is familiar with the school or has gone to the school. I"d just like to know what you thought about it. Or what you've heard about it. I plan on going for either the Computer Animation or the Film course.

Thank you for your time.

You get your degree a heck of a lot faster than at a four year school, and they teach you the same amount of material. The one problem is....you have EXTREMELY LONG DAYS. Like 8-12 hour days depending on what you are getting your degree in. Be prepared to log a lot of hours at the school.

Matt

houtz
03-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Thanks a lot for your input. I guess it's just up to me to decide which program I want to go for and then fill out my ****. thank you. If anyone else has anything to add i'd be more than glad to hear it.

Roman529
03-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Regular colleges are nice in that you can socialize, have fun, drink beer, as well as study......BUT you have to take a lot of elective classes that you really don't want to take, and many of these classes may not be useful to you in life or your major. Sometimes going to a school that specializes in one thing is for the best....if you are sure about what you want to do in life. You may miss out on the "social life" of a regular college but you probably would have a better shot at doing film or animation work and get an internship or job offers from places like Pixar if you go to Full Sail. Best of luck. :tongue:

TheAnswer385
03-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks a lot for your input. I guess it's just up to me to decide which program I want to go for and then fill out my ****. thank you. If anyone else has anything to add i'd be more than glad to hear it.Where in PA you from??

PassRush
03-22-2006, 12:26 AM
My best friend was thinking about that school(I have known him since we were children and he has always wanted to direct films). He went for a tour and he was not impressed with the program what so ever. He did not give details but he was very angry that he wasted a day off to tour the campus

houtz
03-22-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm from Lebanon , Pa.

And that's unusual that he wasn't impressed with the class. It's one of the top 5 in the USA.

Thank you all for your input.