PDA

View Full Version : Will Anwar Phillips be available in the third round?

weisdolphins
03-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Because I would love to have him on our team I think he's a good corner if we can't get one in the first round.

Skeet84
03-21-2006, 07:00 PM
I don't know if he will be there, But the chances of us taking a Corner are not good becuase Allen is going to be a starter. We have other needs like Saftey, Linebacker, Oline, and a 3rd WR.

Geforce
03-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah he'll be there in the third round. He only ran 4.59 and 4.62 in the 40 and had only 10 bench press lifts during his pro day last week. I would have expected a 190 pounder to run faster.

playmaker1
03-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Im not a big fan. Id rather get Minter if he is there in the third

Skeet84
03-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Yeah he'll be there in the third round. He only ran 4.59 and 4.62 in the 40 and had only 10 bench press lifts during his pro day last week. I would have expected a 190 pounder to run faster.

Wow thats really horrible! I would also expect him to run faster than that. He will be there on day 2!

Lazy1
03-21-2006, 09:56 PM
I'd rahter have a guy like Zematis, even though he isn't the fasted of guys, he will work good in a saban type system where there is alot of zone coverages(something he excels at) he is also a really nice sized db who saban would really coach up.

Yardbird99
03-28-2006, 06:40 AM
I'd take him in the 4th

Philter25
03-28-2006, 09:38 AM
I'd rahter have a guy like Zematis, even though he isn't the fasted of guys, he will work good in a saban type system where there is alot of zone coverages(something he excels at) he is also a really nice sized db who saban would really coach up. Yup. Zemaitis' frame is a little bigger than Anwar's and I always thought Alan was a much better tackler. Phillips I think is a later round project. At PSU he would make some big plays but he would also give up a big play every once in awhile trying to make a play on the ball. I think Zemaitis' size and frame also could make him a possible candidate for a FS in a system such as ours. Zemaitis i think would be a strong zone corner but wouldnt excel in a man to man system.

I have Alan pegged as a 3rd rounder and Phillips as a 4th or later.

PSU Cane
03-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Trust me on this, Phillips is not a guy you want Nick to draft. I don't think he is a good corner at all. He has gotten burned a LOT in his career and he can't tackle a lick. He takes too many chances and doesn't have the makeup speed to compensate. He plays way too soft and when he tightens up his coverage, he gets burned deep. I'll pass.