vanquenton
03-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Now Vanderjagt will probably sign with NE :lol:

Mindwarp
03-21-2006, 07:31 PM
yeah thats a fine how do you do.

chdoyle
03-21-2006, 07:33 PM
What is with those looser Patriots! Is Belichick so conceited he thinks he can win with anybody!! And above all a guy who won sooo many games for them?!
Last year it was backhanding Troy Brown, this year Vinetari and next year who?

Glad not to be a Patriots fan and thanks for showing how classless that organisation really is in spite of the trophies.

NickJr.
03-21-2006, 07:43 PM
I really don't know what the pats are up to. They are losing pieces left and right and thier only signing has been Rechee Caldwell (bust) With any other team I'd be quick to say bad management but I'm not used to seeing that with the pats.

FinFan72
03-21-2006, 07:49 PM
wow thats a huge loss by the Pats cause IMO Vinatieri is the best kicker in the NFL at this point

Skeet84
03-21-2006, 07:55 PM
I would not say the best, But he is definatly the most clutch! I am so glad he left the Pats! They will regret not signing him

FinFan72
03-21-2006, 09:03 PM
i was wishing the fins would snag him up, but if saban and co. are moaning about mare's cap figure they would have a B**ch Fit over Vinatieri's demands :yes:

burghPhinFan
03-21-2006, 09:35 PM
sitting back enjoying the Patsies come back down to Earth.

dm416
03-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Colts | More about Vinatieri's deal
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:53:05 -0800
Adam Schefter, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL Network, reports the contract agreed to with the Indianapolis Colts (http://www.kffl.com/team/19/nfl) by free agent PK Adam Vinatieri (http://www.kffl.com/player/1180/nfl) (Patriots) included a $3.5 million signing bonus, with an annual average salary of $2.5 million.

I'm so happy he's not a patriot anymore :D

Koehler13x
03-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Now you know when Mare sees that he's gunna want even more money and not even think about renegotiation ... time to start looking for a new leg around here

'66'Fin
03-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Talk about overpaid!

texasPHINSfan
03-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Now you know when Mare sees that he's gunna want even more money and not even think about renegotiation ... time to start looking for a new leg around here
its supply and demand.... there is a huge demand and no supply - just ask dallas or minnesota how much they want a good kicker.

i think we should just pony up the dough and keep Mare paid and here... there are no other alternatives who will be comparable and want less money.

Koehler13x
03-21-2006, 10:10 PM
its supply and demand.... there is a huge demand and no supply - just ask dallas or minnesota how much they want a good kicker.

i think we should just pony up the dough and keep Mare paid and here... there are no other alternatives who will be comparable and want less money.

I dunno, one of those kickers was looking really good at one of the challenged about a month back (forgot which one but he nailed every field goal with ease) I can't remember where he was from tho. Maybe it's time to bring in a rook to get a younger leg with no injury history. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Mare to stay through his contract but you've gotta consider age and injury factors with a 32 + kicker.

Roman529
03-22-2006, 12:56 AM
The wheels are falling off the Patsie's wagon.....another key guy of theirs is gone. Hope they end up with that former Dallas kicker named Cortez. :lol:

dolfan72734me
03-23-2006, 02:07 AM
I would of rather they kept him, along with all of the others they lost. I don't want to beat up some chump team, I want to beat up the best.

Gator Mike
03-23-2006, 02:35 AM
What is with those looser Patriots! Is Belichick so conceited he thinks he can win with anybody!! And above all a guy who won sooo many games for them?!
Looks to me to be a concerted effort on the part of the Patriots to get a little younger. With the exception of Givens (...who was grossly overpaid), most of the guys the Pats have let walk have been in their mid-30's.

Last year it was backhanding Troy Brown, this year Vinetari and next year who?
Troy Brown was so offended that he signed with...

Glad not to be a Patriots fan and thanks for showing how classless that organisation really is in spite of the trophies.
You pay players for what they're going to do for you, not for what they've done. One of the reasons teams like San Francisco and Dallas declined was that they ended up overspending to keep the aging core of their team together for too long. They ended up getting too old to compete. I think the Patriots are trying to avoid a similar fate.

They're still $20 million under the cap, there are still plenty of useful free agents (...although Vinatieri's admittedly the closest thing to an irreplaceable free agent they've lost in probably five years), and they've still got 11 or 12 draft picks coming this April.

When all is said and done, I expect them to again be among the best teams in the league.