PDA

View Full Version : Greenway

phinfan88
03-21-2006, 10:33 PM
with difficulty signing LaVar after the monster contract peterson got and Arrington most likely wanting near that amount, i think greenway is the best option in the 1st but wouldnt mind takin Lawson either...thoughts???

PhinSoldia
03-21-2006, 11:01 PM
yeah thats how it looks like its shaping up. however what happens with the DB need we cant adress untill the 3rd

Silverphin
03-21-2006, 11:07 PM
I'd prefer Manny Lawson. No offense to Greenway or anything, but I prefer someone who is more a Peterson-type player (that is, an OLB that can line up as a 4-3 DE).

Silverphin
03-21-2006, 11:09 PM
yeah thats how it looks like its shaping up. however what happens with the DB need we cant adress untill the 3rd

Why not Pat Watkins of FSU?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/patwatkins.html

Skeet84
03-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Ummm I think Lavar will be a Dolphin when its all said and done. However if we don't sign him I don't want Greenway at all! I would take Manny Lawson, BUt I would much rather have a RT ( Winston Justice ) or a DB ( Ko Simpson ) cause they fill much more pressing needs. A corner in the first would not be that bad either.

Joey 22
03-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Ummm I think Lavar will be a Dolphin when its all said and done. However if we don't sign him I don't want Greenway at all! I would take Manny Lawson, BUt I would much rather have a RT ( Winston Justice ) or a DB ( Ko Simpson ) cause they fill much more pressing needs. A corner in the first would not be that bad either.

We already have 5 corners, no need for CB also Shelton and Carey are both fairly above average at OT, though we could use an OG, so I guess it will be Manny Lawson or Ko Simpson if we stay put, if we trade down, then Carpenter/ Bing.

PSU Cane
03-22-2006, 12:44 AM
I think the LBs late in round 1 (Greenway, Carpenter, Lawson) are all better players and better value that early compared to all the DBs that will be left. There really isn't any immediate shut down corners that we could get, but any of those 3 OLBs could step right in and play. Plus, safeties are usually much easier to find and usually come cheaper than stud OLBs.

stupifiedfool
03-22-2006, 01:47 AM
i could be wrong but if my memory serves me correctly wasnt greenway the guy who was supposed to shatter the combine bench press record and go over 50 but then he didnt even get over 20 .... that sounds a little suspicious if you ask me i would pass on him if it was me. -also in the iowa games that i saw abdul hogde looked like the best linebacker on their defense to me anyways.

playmaker1
03-22-2006, 02:15 AM
If we do go LB in the first, I would want Lawson or Carpenter. Im not big on Greenway after the combine

playmaker1
03-22-2006, 02:18 AM
We already have 5 corners, no need for CB also Shelton and Carey are both fairly above average at OT, though we could use an OG, so I guess it will be Manny Lawson or Ko Simpson if we stay put, if we trade down, then Carpenter/ Bing.

I think maybe look at corner in the third. We do have 5, but look at injuries, plus, we could get a few guys in the third that are better than some that we have on the roster. I agree with what you say about the line and LB. I would go Lawson, or Carpenter at LB, or Simpson or Allen at S. Im not a Bing fan, he is kinda over rated

Lazy1
03-22-2006, 04:14 AM
I think the LBs late in round 1 (Greenway, Carpenter, Lawson) are all better players and better value that early compared to all the DBs that will be left. There really isn't any immediate shut down corners that we could get, but any of those 3 OLBs could step right in and play. Plus, safeties are usually much easier to find and usually come cheaper than stud OLBs.

I think we would be able to get a shutdown corner where we pick in the draft. Ashton Youboty, cromartie, and hill all have potential to be real nice corners in the nfl and should be available when we pick. I think if Jimmy williams is there, he is our pick, he can play everywhere in the secondary and i feel he is a guy saban would drool over.

playmaker1
03-22-2006, 04:17 AM
I think we would be able to get a shutdown corner where we pick in the draft. Ashton Youboty, cromartie, and hill all have potential to be real nice corners in the nfl and should be available when we pick. I think if Jimmy williams is there, he is our pick, he can play everywhere in the secondary and i feel he is a guy saban would drool over.

I get ya. And your beer pong table is tight, Mine is of the WSU football field. You can see it on my web page. Sweet man! :D

Motion
03-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Rather have Carpenter than Greenway

firestorm
03-22-2006, 11:13 AM
My best options to pick Miami en #16 first round:

1- Jimmy Williams
2- Winston Justice
3- Chad Greenway
4- Chad Jackson
5- Ko Simpson
6- Bobby Carpenter

it's possible that Jimmy Williams is available at #16. In my opinion, the best pick to Miami, he can play like a safety as well as cornerback. It's a great addition...

Static387
03-22-2006, 11:35 AM
I'd like to trade down to the late first, pick up a 2nd rounder, & draft Carpenter.

Alex44
03-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Greenways terrible combine scares me.....its not like he was a little off....he stunk the place up, Id rather not take him with the #16 pick

Id like to go after a guy who can play Safety, maybe take Jimmy Williams and move him to FS like a lot of people seem to think a team might do

Motion
03-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Greenways terrible combine scares me.....its not like he was a little off....he stunk the place up, Id rather not take him with the #16 pick

Id like to go after a guy who can play Safety, maybe take Jimmy Williams and move him to FS like a lot of people seem to think a team might do

Why not take a natural FS like Simpson?

PSU Cane
03-22-2006, 12:13 PM
I think Jimmy Williams will be gone by 16. I think Youboty is overrated and not good enough in man coverage to warrant picking 16th. I like Hill's athleticism and speed, but his ball skills and size scare me a little. Again, i don't know if he could come in early and contribute the way the other OLBs could. Those guys are all seasoned players with many games under their belts, NFL bodies, and good college careers against top competition.

I think we may be able to steal a decent corner in round 3. Guys like Will Blackmon, Hester, Maxey, Minter and others could be there.

The wild card is Cromartie. I love the guys ability but since we haven't really seen him, we don't know how his knee is, if his skill level has changed at all, or how he will hold up in the NFL. If we could trade down and still get him, then i'd do it.

Motion
03-22-2006, 12:16 PM
I think we may be able to steal a decent corner in round 3. Guys like Will Blackmon, Hester, Maxey, Minter and others could be there.

The wild card is Cromartie. I love the guys ability but since we haven't really seen him, we don't know how his knee is, if his skill level has changed at all, or how he will hold up in the NFL. If we could trade down and still get him, then i'd do it.

Hester is not a decent corner by any means and would be a reach in the 3rd.

playmaker1
03-22-2006, 02:38 PM

I agree!!!

playmaker1
03-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Hester is not a decent corner by any means and would be a reach in the 3rd.

Hester would be a waste of a pick, he has no real position except return man

PSU Cane
03-22-2006, 05:55 PM
I know everyone is down on Hester, but i still like him. He has more athletic talent than most of the guys in this draft but just little experience. If he goes to the right situation and learns, i could see him becoming a VERY good pro at CB. I could also see him at WR, but i think he is better suited for CB. I'd rather have him and his upside than some of these other guys who have been playing CB for 4 years and still can't cover.

FinNasty
03-22-2006, 06:17 PM
with difficulty signing LaVar after the monster contract peterson got and Arrington most likely wanting near that amount, i think greenway is the best option in the 1st but wouldnt mind takin Lawson either...thoughts???

I would love to land Greenway or Lawson... both will be studs...

playmaker1
03-22-2006, 08:12 PM
I know everyone is down on Hester, but i still like him. He has more athletic talent than most of the guys in this draft but just little experience. If he goes to the right situation and learns, i could see him becoming a VERY good pro at CB. I could also see him at WR, but i think he is better suited for CB. I'd rather have him and his upside than some of these other guys who have been playing CB for 4 years and still can't cover.

I agree, he is fast. But I see him more of a WR in the NFL than a CB. He really has no coverage skills. He needs to learn route running and work on his hands and he might do ok. Could be a steal for the team that gets him, but not for a few years

Psychosikes
03-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Cromartie has more upside than all but a select few players in this draft and that we might get him at 16 excites the hell out of me.

If we've learned anything about saban's philosophy over this offseason is that he likes upside... he's grabbed a bunch of physically gifted underacheivers because he knows he can light a fire under their *****. And if he gets them to perform to their phisical abilities, they are great pick-ups that came really cheap.

Now if he grabbed cromartie in the middle of the first and he plays up to his freakish ability, he will easily be the steal of this draft. My concern is that he will be picked before we get a shot at him.

uga3406
03-22-2006, 10:17 PM
I say forget Greenway, i think he has bust written all over him. We should trade upwards and maybe get a 2nd rd or 3rd rd pick as well. With a higher pick in the 1st rd we should take Ko Simpson from south Carolina, that guy has potential and potential is a scary thing in Nick Sabans's hands,just ask the rest of the league how he made Crowder one of the best Lb's already in the game !

Geforce
03-22-2006, 11:55 PM
I say forget Greenway, i think he has bust written all over him. We should trade upwards and maybe get a 2nd rd or 3rd rd pick as well. With a higher pick in the 1st rd we should take Ko Simpson from south Carolina, that guy has potential and potential is a scary thing in Nick Sabans's hands,just ask the rest of the league how he made Crowder one of the best Lb's already in the game !
You mean trade down...right?

uga3406
03-23-2006, 12:14 AM
yes..trade down..

playmaker1
03-23-2006, 04:24 AM
Terade down for Simpson or Carpenter

Skeet84
03-23-2006, 06:05 AM

Ummm No not really. We have corners and none of them are truly proven number one guys. Besides Will Poole is a FA after this year and he could leave. I would not mind adding alot more depth to our CB position with so many great guys. Ummmm Carey did alright, But I would still rather have Winston Justice. Shelton is not getting any younger and he adds alot of depth to our line. Bing is a 2nd round guy and i don't see us dropping that far.

Skeet84
03-23-2006, 06:07 AM
My best options to pick Miami en #16 first round:

1- Jimmy Williams
2- Winston Justice
3- Chad Greenway
4- Chad Jackson
5- Ko Simpson
6- Bobby Carpenter

it's possible that Jimmy Williams is available at #16. In my opinion, the best pick to Miami, he can play like a safety as well as cornerback. It's a great addition...

Greenway over Jackson? I really hope thats not serious

Skeet84
03-23-2006, 06:10 AM

Skeet84, Playmaker1, and SpeedRush99 are still on the Ko Simpson Bandwagon. I think he would be a great pick-up for us and thats not gunna change unless we sign a Saftey.

uga3406
03-23-2006, 06:03 PM
if the phins trade down im sure the phins can get Ko Simpson . He is the best safety next to Michael Huff out there and being from the sec im sure Nick has had a good chance to see him up and personal. Also my thinking is,if the phins do trade down maybe we can get a 2nd or 3rd from the team were trading with. I know im getting ahead of myself here , but another idea to go along with this is , offer next years 2007 2nd pick for some ones 2nd rd pick this year. some times teams r not all lookng for help and maybe saving $ as well..just a idea