PDA

View Full Version : Final Episode of the Shield.....

AirFishOne
03-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Tonight is the 90 minute special, producers have stated this may be the final episode but nothing official, if so just wanted to say good bye to a great show, post fave moments and other stuff.

Jimmy James
03-22-2006, 12:36 AM
No, this was never supposed to be the final episode. This is not actually the season finale -- it's the half-season finale. Another 10 or 11 have been ordered as a part of this season to be aired in the fall or winter. Given tonight's events, it is pretty damned clear those will be the last episodes ever. The end game has started.

CharlestonPhan
03-22-2006, 11:55 PM
No, this was never supposed to be the final episode. This is not actually the season finale -- it's the half-season finale. Another 10 or 11 have been ordered as a part of this season to be aired in the fall or winter. Given tonight's events, it is pretty damned clear those will be the last episodes ever. The end game has started.

i had not heard that there were any more episodes before next january, nor that the series may be ending, but it does make sense after that ending last night.

Jimmy James
03-22-2006, 11:59 PM
All we know at this point is that Thief starts next week and runs for I think 8 weeks. Rescue Me starts right after that. The episodes of The Shield will likely run either after that or will wait on the shelf until around January because Nip/Tuck will get to show its next season after Rescue Me. Nobody really seems to know for sure, which suggests that FX isn't even sure which way they'll go.