PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142

Phinz420
03-22-2006, 05:45 AM
Well, EA has done it again. Announcing their latest installment in the ever-increasing Battlefield franchise. Battlefield 2142 is being made using the existing Battlefield 2 engine and will focus on Mech warfare. An early trailor has been released, and I have to admit the first time I watched it I giggled a bit, as it looks SOOOO similar to the upcoming Enemy Territories: Quake Wars FPS.

It seems as though when EA/DICE saw that there was a Battlefield clone coming out this year(ET Quake Wars), they decided "hell, lets just make a futuristic game using our existing code and sell it at full price". Im not complaining though, its smart business for sure. They have guranteed to lock themselves down a large portion of players that would have bought Quake Wars.

I own every Battlefield game to date. Im really hoping that they decide to expand on the commander feature which was introduced in BF2. I would also like to see a much more versitile direction on the maps. Some maps are just far too overpowering to aircraft and tanks in previous BF games. Only time will tell whether or not this will be a worthwile addition to its massivly popular franchise.

Watch the Trailor (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2501)

ricky williams
03-26-2006, 04:34 AM
Well, EA has done it again. Announcing their latest installment in the ever-increasing Battlefield franchise. Battlefield 2142 is being made using the existing Battlefield 2 engine and will focus on Mech warfare. An early trailor has been released, and I have to admit the first time I watched it I giggled a bit, as it looks SOOOO similar to the upcoming Enemy Territories: Quake Wars FPS.

It seems as though when EA/DICE saw that there was a Battlefield clone coming out this year(ET Quake Wars), they decided "hell, lets just make a futuristic game using our existing code and sell it at full price". Im not complaining though, its smart business for sure. They have guranteed to lock themselves down a large portion of players that would have bought Quake Wars.

I own every Battlefield game to date. Im really hoping that they decide to expand on the commander feature which was introduced in BF2. I would also like to see a much more versitile direction on the maps. Some maps are just far too overpowering to aircraft and tanks in previous BF games. Only time will tell whether or not this will be a worthwile addition to its massivly popular franchise.

Watch the Trailor (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2501)

i think i officially hate ea. pretty soon every game will be made by them. and all the originality will be sucked out of games. i hate how w/ technology getting so big it is harder and harder for smaller company's to compete. and what ea did w/ madden getting espn football axed was lame. from now i'm boycotting ea completely. but i will always like fightnight. can't wait for enemy territory quake wars.

ORL4Fins
03-30-2006, 11:10 PM
I hear ya, EA is already one of the major reasons why games are such a cookie cutter operation now. The whole Madden issue really stinks and it galls me to think years ago, EA would revolutionize the the industry. I want to like their games, but Madden 2006 was utter crap and I now I will be playing my 2k5 for a while.

With that said, I think Dice still rules with the BF franchise. Yea the vehicles have always been lame for campers and score hogs, and seeing MECHS standing in the street makes me pause. I like infantry, I like to ground n pound, but there is no other choice (ala Madden) for me, I only play 48+ servers and never found anythin else similar. I loved Planetside, so I am more hyped for BF2142? than BF2 which isnt all that impressive after doin the DC mod for so long.