PDA

View Full Version : "The Unit" - Please help!

phunwin
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Looking for someone who watches CBS's new show, The Unit, featuring President Palmer, the T-1000, and a Kid In The Hall.

The end of the second episode, "Stress", pixeled out on me. Stupid DirecTV. What happened in the last minute of the show?

WharfRat
03-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Was that the one where he shot the mirror?

Jimmy James
03-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Nope -- that was the first one.

The Eurotrash terrorist got Mr. Allstate to go get him something to drink or something to eat one, leaving him alone right by the cargo door to the plane. He then opened it and jumped out.

NJFINSFAN1
03-22-2006, 02:37 PM

The Eurotrash terrorist got Mr. Allstate to go get him something to drink or something to eat one, leaving him alone right by the cargo door to the plane. He then opened it and jumped out.

Yes, right after they made peace with each other. He jumped! They did not seem to mind that much either.

Jimmy James
03-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Oh, I think they minded very much. That dude was a huge pain in the *** for them to get, and he goes and kills himself basically just to spite them. You didn't get that from the episode because the writing was so weak. I was really disappointed in that ending and in that episode. I have heard the one I have sitting at home for me on my DVR that aired yesterday is a marked improvement in quality.

NJFINSFAN1
03-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh, I think they minded very much. That dude was a huge pain in the *** for them to get, and he goes and kills himself basically just to spite them. You didn't get that from the episode because the writing was so weak. I was really disappointed in that ending and in that episode. I have heard the one I have sitting at home for me on my DVR that aired yesterday is a marked improvement in quality.

yesterdays was good.

Yeah, when they guy jumps out, they kind of looked at each other but did not look the least bit upset.

Jimmy James
03-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I think they were going for disbelief there and just whiffed on it. That isn't like Mamet or Ryan, but I'll give them one clunker.

HysterikiLL
03-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I think they were going for disbelief there and just whiffed on it. That isn't like Mamet or Ryan, but I'll give them one clunker.

Are we still speaking english in here :confused:

Jimmy James
03-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Are the names throwing you or something? David Mamet, the playwright and screenwriter, created The Unit. Shawn Ryan, the creator of The Shield, serves as Executive Producer.

WharfRat
03-22-2006, 05:34 PM

Ohhh...that's right. Actually, I saw that coming when he asked for food, and he got up and left him unattended.

HysterikiLL
03-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Are the names throwing you or something? David Mamet, the playwright and screenwriter, created The Unit. Shawn Ryan, the creator of The Shield, serves as Executive Producer.

:D Actually, it was a combination of 'mamet' and 'clunker' that threw me off. I've never seen The Unit so I was a lost puppy from opening the thread.

phunwin
03-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Thanks guys! I thought that was what happened, but I wasn't sure how he got free; I thought they had him cuffed and strapped to the bed. Maybe he wasn't strapped in after all.

Jimmy James
03-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys! I thought that was what happened, but I wasn't sure how he got free; I thought they had him cuffed and strapped to the bed. Maybe he wasn't strapped in after all.

IIRC, he was strapped but not cuffed. I think the only reason it took him a second or two to make it happen was that he needed to pop the strap off.