PDA

View Full Version : Thomas vs Urlacher

zachequalsgod
03-22-2006, 12:49 PM
IMO the two most dominate MLB in the league, maybe not the best stats but the most dominate.

Who's the better MLB? I argue no contest because they are two totally different styles of MLB, but pound for pound it has to be Thomas. Obviously this is a bias audience, but honest opinions.

Dolfan5000
03-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Zach hands down.
He's stronger at the point of attack and a better coverage LB. He's not pass rusher that Urlacher is because of his size, but it doesn't stop him from getting a couple sacks or so a year. Zach hits harder, puts more effort in, brings it on every snap.

Zach
ZACH!!!
*rips shirt off and does warcry*

1crazy_finfan
03-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Please...Urlacher hands down! I love Zach, dont get me wrong, he is a great player...but I never seen him throw Brett Favre 20 - 30 feet into the sidelines! lol...and of course there's the HOF game tackle of Feeley....hehe:lol:
*dont rank on me, I am just as much a Fin fan as a Bears fan...***:wink:

Dolfan5000
03-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Please...Urlacher hands down! I love Zach, dont get me wrong, he is a great player...but I never seen him throw Brett Favre 20 - 30 feet into the sidelines! lol...and of course there's the HOF game tackle of Feeley....hehe:lol:
*dont rank on me, I am just as much a Fin fan as a Bears fan...***:wink:
:rolleyes:

The Confessor
03-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Zach hands down.
He's stronger at the point of attack

Okay, probably.

and a better coverage LB.
:confused: --You do realize that Urlacher was actually a Safety in College... Right? Have you actually ever watched Urlacher?

He's not pass rusher that Urlacher is because of his size, but it doesn't stop him from getting a couple sacks or so a year. Actually I would say this is also true, but more because of defensive schemes more than anything.

Zach hits harder, puts more effort in, brings it on every snap.
:goof:

They are two totally different players. Would have either one of em as ML any day... These are the type of guys you draft/build around. Everybody else's job on D is less complicated cause of them

dominizzo
03-22-2006, 03:25 PM
ZT All The Way I do not give 2 $hits bout urlacher

Alex44
03-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Never say any MLB other than Ray Lewis is the best in the league, Untill Ray retires he will be the most physical defensive player in the game, and he is an amazing leader, that goes with some very good speed, as long as Ray comes back healthy no-one is near his level......maybe I went overboard here, its just my opinion

Out of those two Id take ZT though

The Confessor
03-22-2006, 03:31 PM
ZT All The Way I do not give 2 $hits bout urlacher

Dom--Metamucil, much more than just a breakfast treat:D

Ease up on Url man... He really is one stand up dude. From a tiny ranch town in New Mexico... Alright, I am a homer.. but he really is a stand up guy.

That being said, I love what ZT brings to us.. Also, If Lewis comes back to his former self.. He probably is the best in the league.. Even if he should be a convicted fellon:cooldude: (Allegedly)

playmaker1
03-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Zach attack all day.

playmaker1
03-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Dom--Metamucil, much more than just a breakfast treat:D

Ease up on Url man... He really is one stand up dude. From a tiny ranch town in New Mexico... Alright, I am a homer.. but he really is a stand up guy.

That being said, I love what ZT brings to us.. Also, If Lewis comes back to his former self.. He probably is the best in the league.. Even if he should be a convicted fellon:cooldude: (Allegedly)

Url is a good guy, and a hellova LB. I hate Lewis, should be in prison. But I think he has hit the peak and started falling. I think he only has a season or two left in the tank

Roman529
03-22-2006, 04:01 PM
How can you been a Phins fan and a Bears fan??? Like being a Red Sox and Yankees fan. :confused:

The Confessor
03-22-2006, 04:13 PM
How can you been a Phins fan and a Bears fan??? Like being a Red Sox and Yankees fan. :confused:

Hmmm... More like being a Red Sox fan and a Twins fan....:goof:

Dolfan5000
03-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Okay, probably.

:confused: --You do realize that Urlacher was actually a Safety in College... Right? Have you actually ever watched Urlacher?

Actually I would say this is also true, but more because of defensive schemes more than anything.

:goof:

They are two totally different players. Would have either one of em as ML any day... These are the type of guys you draft/build around. Everybody else's job on D is less complicated cause of them
Haha, it doesn't really matter if Urlacher was a safety in college, in terms of coverage at a NFL level Zach is just better. Stats don't lie.

Since Urlacher has been in the pros only seven years, let's compare his stats now to Zach's first seven years.

Zach had twelve picks
Urlacher has had seven

Zach had deflected 25 passes
Urlacher deflected 29

And in terms of strength and FF

Zach through his first seven years had 610 solo tackles
Urlacher has 538 solo tackles

Zach forced 10 fumbles
Lacher has forced 7...

hrmmmm

Who's better????

Majpain
03-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Zach by far.Zach plays with intensity that no other NFL player has.Urlacher may be faster and better coverage linebacker but Zach beats Urlacher in every other catagory.

1crazy_finfan
03-22-2006, 07:46 PM

It's very easy..I was born in Chi-town, so I was raised on Da' Bears...but I also love the Fins, cause they have good players and my sweetie got me more into them...Now I know having 2 fav teams is not THAT unusual!! lol:goof:

finfever4ever
03-23-2006, 09:03 PM
I would have to go with Zach his intensity is unsurpassed. Cut off his leg and he'll beat you with it.:dolphins:

zachequalsgod
03-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Zach Thomas is the best MLB in the NFL pound for pound, there is not an argument to that.

RL- 6'1 245
BU- 6'4 258
ZT- 5'11 228

... and personally I think that 5'11 may be stretching him just a little bit.

MLB is my favorite postion, so these are three of my favorite players.

Dolfan5000
03-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Zach Thomas is the best MLB in the NFL pound for pound, there is not an argument to that.

RL- 6'1 245
BU- 6'4 258
ZT- 5'11 228

... and personally I think that 5'11 may be stretching him just a little bit.

MLB is my favorite postion, so these are three of my favorite players.
He came into the league his rookie year measured out at 5'9. lol

btw, no one can deny my previous post in this thread. :)

AZfinfan
03-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Haha, it doesn't really matter if Urlacher was a safety in college, in terms of coverage at a NFL level Zach is just better. Stats don't lie.

Since Urlacher has been in the pros only seven years, let's compare his stats now to Zach's first seven years.

Zach had twelve picks
Urlacher has had seven

Urlacher deflected 29

Zach forced 10 fumbles
Lacher has forced 7...

hrmmmm

Who's better????

mmmmm urlacher take of the blinders

TotoreMexico
03-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Zach of course!

tylerdolphin
03-24-2006, 01:45 PM
I would take ZT, but to say ZT is better in coverage isnt true.

Basileus777
03-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Zack is alot better at tacking on blockers though, that Urlacher's main weakness.

playmaker1
03-25-2006, 04:54 AM
think, remember when BU got trucked by the bus and gave up a TD,well I can tell you one thing, Zach wouldn't have let that happen

Skeet84
03-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Zach Thomas gives everything he as and shows a special kind of heart! I think BU is better in coverage, But overall Zach is alot better

Brad528
03-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Zach is better at making tackles and getting involved in tackles. Urlacher is better in Coverage and making plays as well as INTs

zachequalsgod
03-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Zach had twelve picks
Urlacher has had seven

Urlacher deflected 29

Zach forced 10 fumbles
Lacher has forced 7...

Statistically Zach is better at coverage and INTS

In_Flames
03-25-2006, 05:33 PM
w/out a doubt I take Zach with his talent, leadership & never-say-die mentality in a second....

Wagon Circler
03-25-2006, 06:35 PM
This thread should be called who's better..Zach Thomas or <insert any other name here who isn't going to get any votes>

duro420
03-25-2006, 07:17 PM
now why would somebody gon and do that... i mean cant we just appreciate them both for what they're worth and both accomplished(but zach accomplished more seein all in his height and bein a 6th rounder (i think )but anyways they may be the same position but they're totally different athletes.