PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban and Mueller in Austin today.

Rubbin420
03-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Texas' Pro Day got under way with 31 teams in attendance, including over 150 coaches, general managers and scouts. Among the team personnel in attendance were three key members of the Texans (owner Bob McNair, head coach Gary Kubiak and GM Charley Casserly), Green Bay head coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson, Dolphins head coach Nick Saban and general manager Randy Mueller, Titans general manager Floyd Reese and offensive coordinator Norm Chow, Rams defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, Ravens quarterbacks coach Rick Neuheisel, and Cowboys new quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher will visit Texas tonight and Tennessee will have a private workout with Vince Young Thursday morning. PlayerPositionGil's commentsVince YoungQBYoung (6-4 5/8, 228) ran the 40 once in 4.57. He didn't do the vertical or long jumps. Will AllenGAllen (6-4 7/8, 306) measured 26テつス inches in the vertical jump. Brian CarterWRCarter (5-10 5/8, 185) had a 38-inch vertical jump. Larry DibblesDTDibbles (6-1 3/8, 290) had a 27テつス-inch vertical jump. Cedric GriffinDBGriffin (6-0 3/8, 202) had a 35-inch vertical jump. Ahmard HallRBHall (5-10テつセ, 232) was clocked at 4.56 and 4.49 in the 40 and had a 35-inch vertical jump. Aaron HarrisLBHarris (5-11 3/8, 225) had a 27テつス-inch vertical jump. Michael HuffDBHuff (5-11 7/8, 198) stood on his Combine numbers. Jonathan ScottOLScott (6-6, 322) has an arm length of 33 7/8 inches and a hand size of 10 inches.

This is why things are a little quiet today and yesterday regarding FA. I am curious to know how many pro days Saban AND Mueller have attended. I didnt put this in the draft forum, because of this question.

Heres the list of those who worked out. For the record I know everyone is going to think we can get Huff at 16. I seriously doubt that. Jonathan Scott or Griffon maybe targets. Vince Young did well according to some, however I dont want to get into the mess like San Diego, having a 1st round QB on the bench for 3 or 4 years. Its not likely Young will be there at 16 either.

What do you guys think?:dolphins:

Alex44
03-22-2006, 03:23 PM
To have them both there we must be really interested in someone but im wondering who

Se7eN
03-22-2006, 03:24 PM
if huff fell to 16 i would probably **** my self and then shoot myself for ****ting my pants

Bjorn
03-22-2006, 03:28 PM
To have them both there we must be really interested in someone but im wondering who

Probably Huff and Griffin, they can both play corner and safety which Saban likes alot. I highly doubt that Huff makes it to us, but Griffin is an intruiging prospect in the 3rd or 4th round.

miami_fins13
03-22-2006, 03:29 PM
if huff fell to 16 i would probably **** my self and then shoot myself for ****ting my pants
well put

Alex44
03-22-2006, 03:29 PM

I'll remind you to wear a diaper on draft day :wink:

Actually if huff fell id probally **** myself to.....he's the next Ed Reed

chdoyle
03-22-2006, 03:32 PM
My mock has HUFF there!
HOU R Bush
NO M Williams
TENN M Leinhart
NYJ D Ferguson
SF AJ Hawk
GB C Greenway
OAK V Young
BUFF C Jackson
DET J Cutler
ARI H Ngata
STL V Davis
CLE W Justice
BALT T Hali
PHIL M Kiwanuka
DEN S Holmes
MIAMI! M Huff

The Rev
03-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Texas' Pro Day got under way with 31 teams in attendance, including over 150 coaches, general managers and scouts. Among the team personnel in attendance were three key members of the Texans (owner Bob McNair, head coach Gary Kubiak and GM Charley Casserly), Green Bay head coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson, Dolphins head coach Nick Saban and general manager Randy Mueller, Titans general manager Floyd Reese and offensive coordinator Norm Chow, Rams defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, Ravens quarterbacks coach Rick Neuheisel, and Cowboys new quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher will visit Texas tonight and Tennessee will have a private workout with Vince Young Thursday morning. PlayerPositionGil's commentsVince YoungQBYoung (6-4 5/8, 228) ran the 40 once in 4.57. He didn't do the vertical or long jumps. Will AllenGAllen (6-4 7/8, 306) measured 26テつス inches in the vertical jump. Brian CarterWRCarter (5-10 5/8, 185) had a 38-inch vertical jump. Larry DibblesDTDibbles (6-1 3/8, 290) had a 27テつス-inch vertical jump. Cedric GriffinDBGriffin (6-0 3/8, 202) had a 35-inch vertical jump. Ahmard HallRBHall (5-10テつセ, 232) was clocked at 4.56 and 4.49 in the 40 and had a 35-inch vertical jump. Aaron HarrisLBHarris (5-11 3/8, 225) had a 27テつス-inch vertical jump. Michael HuffDBHuff (5-11 7/8, 198) stood on his Combine numbers. Jonathan ScottOLScott (6-6, 322) has an arm length of 33 7/8 inches and a hand size of 10 inches.

:link: :wink:

WISfinfan13
03-22-2006, 03:38 PM
I will go crazy if Huff is around!!! Did anyone see him play at the Rose Bowl? I totally fell in love with him that day and i was like god i hope he is around when we pick.

bullseyeguy
03-22-2006, 03:40 PM
I wouldnt mind trying to move up for Huff, hes just that good...

KevInMotion
03-22-2006, 03:51 PM

it would cost us sabans arm and ronnies leg to move up man. its just to much to dish out to move up a couple spots.

Motion
03-22-2006, 04:04 PM
For the record I know everyone is going to think we can get Huff at 16.

No one in their right mind thinks that.

Rubbin420
03-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Sorry guys for the tough read. Heres the Link.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

keys_finfan
03-22-2006, 04:05 PM
My mock has HUFF there!
HOU R Bush
NO M Williams
TENN M Leinhart
NYJ D Ferguson
SF AJ Hawk
GB C Greenway
OAK V Young
BUFF C Jackson
DET J Cutler
ARI H Ngata
STL V Davis
CLE W Justice
BALT T Hali
PHIL M Kiwanuka
DEN S Holmes
MIAMI! M Huff

surprisingly I find that Mock seem to be very reasonable, maybe that is just me though...:wink:

SR 7
03-22-2006, 04:06 PM

lmaoo hahaa.

anywyas, was this today? if so wonder if nethign can happen wth FA.

Motion
03-22-2006, 04:07 PM
My mock has HUFF there!
HOU R Bush
NO M Williams
TENN M Leinhart
NYJ D Ferguson
SF AJ Hawk
GB C Greenway
OAK V Young
BUFF C Jackson
DET J Cutler
ARI H Ngata
STL V Davis
CLE W Justice
BALT T Hali
PHIL M Kiwanuka
DEN S Holmes
MIAMI! M Huff

Thats a horrible mock.

NO WAY Greenway goes that high, Buffalo needs line help not a WR, Phi needs a WR, and Kiwanuka won't go near that high.

Huff is a surefire top 10 pick.

LightsOut
03-22-2006, 04:09 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Motion
03-22-2006, 04:13 PM

I think I just puked alittle in my mouth.

CrunchTime
03-22-2006, 04:14 PM

We dont have the 2nd round pick that would be required to move up.Its more likely we will try to trade down to get that 2nd round pick back.

Motion
03-22-2006, 04:16 PM
We dont have the 2nd round pick that would be required to move up.Its more likely we will try to trade down to get that 2nd round pick back.

I agree, I hope we can find someone to trade down with.

tmac7
03-22-2006, 04:20 PM
WE WANT HUFF
WE WANT HUFF
WE WANT HUFF

for sure... he is the real deal

unless tamba hali is there at 16 somehow:D

daniel3
03-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Sorry guys for the tough read. Heres the Link.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

Damn, 7 of 7. Really need to rework those horrible mechanics.

JFoxx
03-22-2006, 04:21 PM
It's got to be just in case Huff or Young were to fall through the cracks down to us. He probably wants to make sure they would be worth the 1st round pick. I'd say probably neither will be there by our pick, but let's not forget last year when A.Rodgers, who was slotted to be one of the top 5 or 10 picks slid all the way down to GB at the 24th pick. I still remember the look of shock on his face in the waiting room every time a team picked and it wasn't him. Huff and/or Young could be a remote possibility if for some weird reason their stock drops right before draft day. The wonderlick test may end up hurting Young if he doesn't just "Wow" the scouts today. I'm sure Nick will go to those question-mark talents that may fall to us on draft day. Better safe than sorry. Makes you wonder how many teams passed on Rodgers last year because they just believed all the negative hype without sending anyone to check him out in person ???

Aqua and Orange
03-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Man these guys never take a day off! Good for them and good for us!!!!:)

Mainge
03-22-2006, 04:28 PM
surprisingly I find that Mock seem to be very reasonable, maybe that is just me though...:wink:

I'd say he has the two WR's too high, but other than that, not bad.

bullseyeguy
03-22-2006, 04:31 PM
We dont have the 2nd round pick that would be required to move up.Its more likely we will try to trade down to get that 2nd round pick back.Yeah, I know...Its more wishful thinking than anything else. I just really like Huff, and seeing as how we need a good safety more than anything right now, its a match made in heaven.

Marino Forever
03-22-2006, 04:32 PM
Damn, 7 of 7. Really need to rework those horrible mechanics.

Yeah, because throwing passes to a wr without a db covering them is REALLY difficult to do. I think my six year old could go 7 for 7. His mechanics were never linked to his accuracy, either. His sidearm delivery will make it easier for dlineman to bat down his passes. 7 for 7, give me a break that this impresses you!

trate121hb
My mock has HUFF there!
HOU R Bush
NO M Williams
TENN M Leinhart
NYJ D Ferguson
SF AJ Hawk
GB C Greenway
OAK V Young
BUFF C Jackson
DET J Cutler
ARI H Ngata
STL V Davis
CLE W Justice
BALT T Hali
PHIL M Kiwanuka
DEN S Holmes
MIAMI! M Huff

ur mock dont mean squat...i hope huff is there......that would be a dream come true...but u have guys there that are ranked way lower than huff (greenway, kinawaka even hali with his bad pro day)

Mainge
http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_316034.jpg

Whose the old dude to the very right? Vince Young? And that taller guy in the middle is Randy Mueller, correct?

Motion
I'd say he has the two WR's too high, but other than that, not bad.

Well for one, the order isn't even right. GB picks 5th, before SF. No way Greenway goes that high after his dud of a combine.

bigmiamifan
03-22-2006, 04:33 PM

"Hey Vince, which white guy is older?"

Motion
03-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Whose the old dude to the very right? Vince Young? And that taller guy in the middle is Randy Mueller, correct?

What pic are you looking at? Mueller's not in there.

Mainge
03-22-2006, 04:37 PM
What pic are you looking at? Mueller's not in there.

Sarcasm at it's worst bro.

I was reffering to VY as the older looking guy, and reffering to VY as Mueller.

Motion
03-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Sarcasm at it's worst bro.

I was reffering to VY as the older looking guy, and reffering to VY as Mueller.

ah gotcha :wink:

Dredd1050
03-22-2006, 04:40 PM
My mock has HUFF there!
HOU R Bush
NO M Williams
TENN M Leinhart
NYJ D Ferguson
SF AJ Hawk
GB C Greenway
OAK V Young
BUFF C Jackson
DET J Cutler
ARI H Ngata
STL V Davis
CLE W Justice
BALT T Hali
PHIL M Kiwanuka
DEN S Holmes
MIAMI! M Huff

Dude, that is a VERY good mock possibility and I would be psyched. Gotta watch what NO does at the 2 though.

Motion
03-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Dude, that is a VERY good mock possibility and I would be psyched. Gotta watch what NO does at the 2 though.

WHAT? You can't be serious. He doesn't even have the order right. And half those guys have had HORRIBLE combines/pro days.

daniel3
03-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah, because throwing passes to a wr without a db covering them is REALLY difficult to do. I think my six year old could go 7 for 7. His mechanics were never linked to his accuracy, either. His sidearm delivery will make it easier for dlineman to bat down his passes. 7 for 7, give me a break that this impresses you!
Certainly isnt easy if Cutler was missing his WR's at the senior bowl on similar drills (or maybe his arm was so amazing the wr's were missing him). Also VY & sidearm still equals a higher release point than a number of qbs in this league. When was the last time you saw a pass from Brees batted down?

Edit: You know a better question would be at what frequency do DLs bat down passes. It happened to Gus maybe 5 times all year and most of those were in one game.

Whitedolphin54
03-22-2006, 05:04 PM
My mock has HUFF there!
HOU R Bush
NO M Williams
TENN M Leinhart
NYJ D Ferguson
SF AJ Hawk
GB C Greenway
OAK V Young
BUFF C Jackson
DET J Cutler
ARI H Ngata
STL V Davis
CLE W Justice
BALT T Hali
PHIL M Kiwanuka
DEN S Holmes
MIAMI! M Huff

Do you really think Greenway and V Young will go that high chdoyle

phinphan11
03-22-2006, 05:06 PM
I think I just puked alittle in my mouth.

That's just freakin funny man! :sidelol:

Dolphan23
03-22-2006, 05:08 PM

LOL! Funniest S**T i heard all day....nice one bro :)

'Phins & 'Canes
03-22-2006, 05:09 PM
From NFL.com.....

After the workout is over in the bubble, Vince Young will go into the main meeting room with Texas offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Greg Davis for a Chalkboard Session, where team representatives get the chance to ask Young questions about his on-field decision-making in different situations.
I can just see it now....

Miami Coach Nick Saban: "Vince, it's 3rd down and 15 and you're at your own 40 yard line with just under a minute to go in the game, and you're down four points. We signal in a play called "four zebra down fly" which is a passing play designed to get three wideouts and a TE down the field for a 15+ yard gain if the pass is completed properly. Now, take us through your progression when the ball is snapped on that third down."

Vince Young: "Well coach that's pretty easy, I take the snap, roll out to my right and run for 20 yards and........FIRST DOWN MIAMI!"

:D

STANK-STASH
03-22-2006, 05:10 PM
http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_316034.jpg

"Hey Vince, which white guy is older?"

That's great! Thanks for the laugh.

MarinoForPres
03-22-2006, 05:11 PM
haha i think he did it and put huff on miami and did it backwards so we would get him!

phinphan11
03-22-2006, 05:13 PM
haha i think he did it and put huff on miami and did it backwards so we would get him!

Huh??

popularwar
03-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Not a chance Huff is there, he's just too good.

Motion
03-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Huh??

Think he's refering to that mock.

fsu_nole4life
03-22-2006, 05:30 PM
My mock has HUFF there!
HOU R Bush
NO M Williams
TENN M Leinhart
NYJ D Ferguson
SF AJ Hawk
GB C Greenway
OAK V Young
BUFF C Jackson
DET J Cutler
ARI H Ngata
STL V Davis
CLE W Justice
BALT T Hali
PHIL M Kiwanuka
DEN S Holmes
MIAMI! M Huff

Just for the record, it should be ATL picking S Holmes. You have DEN and ATL mixed up. :wink:

wazzy
03-22-2006, 05:35 PM
My mock has HUFF there!
HOU R Bush
NO M Williams
TENN M Leinhart
NYJ D Ferguson
SF AJ Hawk
GB C Greenway
OAK V Young
BUFF C Jackson
DET J Cutler
ARI H Ngata
STL V Davis
CLE W Justice
BALT T Hali
PHIL M Kiwanuka
DEN S Holmes
MIAMI! M Huff

That is pretty high for Greenway but anything is possible!

Rubbin420
03-22-2006, 05:52 PM
No Way Detroit drafts a QB with Kitna and the other guy. I think they are done with 1st round QBs
No way Young goes before Cutler
No Way Huff goes that late (Over Ngata?)
Would be nice but not gonna happen.

motioncityhifi
03-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Just for the record, it should be ATL picking S Holmes. You have DEN and ATL mixed up. :wink:

denver traded up with atlanta. atlanta got the 29th pick and 06 3rd and 07 4th from denver. atlanta then traded the 29th pick to the jets to get abraham.

Vertical Limit
03-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Probably Huff and Griffin, they can both play corner and safety which Saban likes alot. I highly doubt that Huff makes it to us, but Griffin is an intruiging prospect in the 3rd or 4th round.
I was about to say the same. More than likely, they are staring at Michael Huff and Cedric Griffin.

We all know Michael Huff is a top 10 choice. Cedric Griffin had a pretty good Senior Bowl, and is a solid cornerback. I wouldn't mind picking up Griffin in the 3rd if he is still available.

keys_finfan
03-23-2006, 12:24 AM
denver traded up with atlanta. atlanta got the 29th pick and 06 3rd and 07 4th from denver. atlanta then traded the 29th pick to the jets to get abraham.

dont worry about the nole, they are always a few seconds behind :lol:

Danny
03-23-2006, 01:03 AM
Keep on mind that Nick and company want to have as much info on all the players out there...sometimes you scout a player and then he's gone before you can draft him but you have the info on him cos 3 or 4 years from noow you could trade for that player or you could target him in free agency....I'm pretty sure that Young and Huff will be gone before our pick but Texas have a few good players other than those 2 and again, I never thought that Ricky would end up with us so you scout and talk to as many players as you can.

Ozzy rules!!

motioncityhifi
03-23-2006, 01:04 AM
dont worry about the nole, they are always a few seconds behind :lol:

im a nole though....:D