PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins | Scott drew interest from Saban

RnR3423
03-23-2006, 08:59 AM
wrong forum....second offense.

Dolphins | Scott drew interest from Saban
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:05:10 -0800
Suzanne Halliburton, of the American-Statesman, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban (http://www.kffl.com/player/9162/nfl) watched Texas OT Jonathan Scott (http://www.kffl.com/player/13743/nfl) during his position drills.

DreamWeaver
03-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Dolphins | Scott drew interest from Saban
Suzanne Halliburton, of the American-Statesman, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban (http://www.kffl.com/player/9162/nfl) watched Texas OT Jonathan Scott (http://www.kffl.com/player/13743/nfl) during his position drills.

That's good to hear....I haven't heard anything about him lately. I wonder if his stock is dropping? I can't imagine that he'd slip outta Rd. 1. I really love to grab his teammate Michael Huff....think I dreaming though.

DolfanChris06
03-23-2006, 09:01 AM
good player but is considered a softy

GCD960
03-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Stop the press... Nick watched someone work out

Skeet84
03-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah this does not mean anything unless we Trade down or he falls to the 3rd round ( Which is not gunna happen ).

Boomer
03-23-2006, 10:46 AM
He also watched every player that worked out. Means nothing, except that Jon Scott won't be Miami's pick.

Motion
03-23-2006, 10:49 AM
That's good to hear....I haven't heard anything about him lately. I wonder if his stock is dropping? I can't imagine that he'd slip outta Rd. 1. I really love to grab his teammate Michael Huff....think I dreaming though.

:lol: When was he there?

finforlife
03-23-2006, 10:49 AM
I wonder if the Fins have interest in Cedric Griffin. I don't know a lot about him, but it sounds like he has the ability to play CB or safety and might bring the versatility Saban likes in the secondary.

Anyone have additional on him. Maybe a solid third round pick, or will he go higher?

wazzy
03-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Another smoke screen............. but this is a dumb piece of an article because I am sure he watched a ton of players!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Dolphins | Saban ate dinner last night
Suzanne Halliburton, of the American-Statesman, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban (http://www.kffl.com/player/9162/nfl) ate a nice meal in the evening.

Finfanforever
03-23-2006, 10:56 AM
He also watched every player that worked out. Means nothing, except that Jon Scott won't be Miami's pick.

Boomer,

I love English humor...Benny Hill was my hero!:sidelol:

DolfanDaveInATX
03-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Suzanne Halliburton, of the American-Statesman, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban (http://www.kffl.com/player/9162/nfl) ate a nice meal in the evening.

Big freakin' deal. You've got to go really far out of your way in this town to have a bad meal. :tongue:

arsenal
03-23-2006, 11:11 AM

that suzanne... she gets all the breaking news...

Geforce
03-23-2006, 11:13 AM
I wonder if the Fins have interest in Cedric Griffin. I don't know a lot about him, but it sounds like he has the ability to play CB or safety and might bring the versatility Saban likes in the secondary.

Anyone have additional on him. Maybe a solid third round pick, or will he go higher?
Griffin has some playmaking abilities in him. Players fall and rise all the time prior to and even during the draft itself. It's possible that he falls into the third round.
If I remember correctly, he was the one who made that diving interception in the end zone against Cutler in the Senior Bowl.

Motion
03-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Griffin has some playmaking abilities in him. Players fall and rise all the time prior to and even during the draft itself. It's possible that he falls into the third round.
If I remember correctly, he was the one who made that diving interception in the end zone against Cutler in the Senior Bowl.

You are correct.

Boomer
03-23-2006, 11:20 AM

FLMAO

Boomer
03-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Boomer,

I love English humor...Benny Hill was my hero!:sidelol:

Odd hero to have my friend.

Finfanforever
03-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Odd hero to have my friend.

A bit odd but bloody funny as hell!:wink:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-23-2006, 11:28 AM
from what i hear, the british don't care much for benny hill.

Boomer
03-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Juan, we really don't. He's sort of viewed as a bit of a tool and represented mediocre comedy of the time.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-23-2006, 11:35 AM
i think it's the same way we look at jerry lewis, and how the french look at him.

Finfanforever
03-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Juan, we really don't. He's sort of viewed as a bit of a tool and represented mediocre comedy of the time.

Gee...I learn something everyday...no insult intended mate!

Mile High Fin
03-23-2006, 12:41 PM
Bennie Hill passed away in the last few years I believe.

He was a hermit and recluse every since his show stopped.

Boomer
03-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Gee...I learn something everyday...no insult intended mate!

Hey, none taken at all mate. Hill wasn't nearly as popular over here as he seems to have been over there.

d-day
03-23-2006, 12:54 PM

:chuckle: post of the week

SF Dolphin Fan
03-23-2006, 08:06 PM

I like Griffin a lot. He certainly came up big in big games for Texas, intercepting Leinart in the title game and Cutler in the Senior Bowl. At 6-2, he has the size Saban is looking for and is a good tackler. The scouting report on him is that he doesn't have great hands for the interception, but like you said is versatile and has played corner and safety. I keep reading that he will go 2nd or 3rd round.

finfan54
03-23-2006, 10:12 PM

well, chances are you are right, but thats not exactly sticking your neck out there but I heard that Nick knows Jonathen Scott's family from trying to get him to LSU. I know Houck likes the Texas linemen. But your probably right, we wont be drafting him (unless he drops to the 3rd round). We have enough tackles. We need a center.

finfan54
03-23-2006, 10:14 PM
I like Griffin a lot. He certainly came up big in big games for Texas, intercepting Leinart in the title game and Cutler in the Senior Bowl. At 6-2, he has the size Saban is looking for and is a good tackler. The scouting report on him is that he doesn't have great hands for the interception, but like you said is versatile and has played corner and safety. I keep reading that he will go 2nd or 3rd round.

I have had the feeling like he is as good as Huff sometimes when I watched Texas towards to the end of the season.

HysterikiLL
03-24-2006, 06:22 AM

Boomer, I've been a big fan ever since I joined the board, but your opinion has been blurring the lines of apparent fact lately in a manor that my logic fails to comprehend....how is Nick being interested on Scott 'mean that he won't be our pick' :confused:

Boomer
03-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Boomer, I've been a big fan ever since I joined the board, but your opinion has been blurring the lines of apparent fact lately in a manor that my logic fails to comprehend....how is Nick being interested on Scott 'mean that he won't be our pick' :confused:

I kind of don't get what you mean? Where does it say that Nick is "interested in Scott?"

Scott is a very overrated tackle, a pro RT not a LT. He's hugely inconsistent, a waist bender, a lunger, with awful mechanics at times. And he's not value at the 16 pick and he'll likely be gone by the time we select in the 3rd round, which is why he won't be our pick.

finfan54
03-24-2006, 10:17 PM
we need interior linemen besides. Mckinney isnt going to upgrade our line. If Shelton is the lone deal to upgrade our Oline then I dont like it at all. We consistantly let our Oline fall by the wayside.

phinfan_1
03-25-2006, 02:30 AM
Scott would be a great pickup. He's going to be a good player.
He played LT at Texas protecting Youngs blind side.
And I just watched the senior bowl again and he played RT and played real well. And that was impressive playing out of his position. Especially against tough competition.
Another guy that looked very good till he got kicked out was Jeremy Trueblood at RT.
Some O-linemen that Didn't impress me were OG Mark Setterstrom, OG Cody Douglas, OT Ryan O'Callaghan.