PDA

View Full Version : Blitz,Jeep,Fin-atic=Only voices of reason here...

fin-atic
03-03-2003, 09:32 PM
You know, I think it really sucks that when myslef, Blitz, and jeep post things that we are the target of so much hatred.

You guys don't realize we are angry active fans because we DO love the fins so much. This franchise deserves better, we fans deserve better.

Year after year of melt downs and let downs have left us feeling sour. Then we see other teams picking up players who we have coveted and see us yet to make an impact addition to the team, well we get a little tired of waiting.

BUT HEAR THIS:

We hope and pray that we are wrong. It will not be fun being right about this. If at the end of the 2003 season find us in the same old place we have been, it will suck. We want success. We WANT Fiedler in the Pro Bowl and we WANT Dave hoisting the Lombardi. But after three years of repeat collapses can you really blame us for feeling negative? I mean honestly, three years?

You don't have to agree with our points. You can believe all the things you preach. But you can't, and shouldn't, blame us for being sceptical and feeling negative.

We are just tired of the same old crap PR machine feeding us poop and telling us its chocolate candy. You can't stand up at the end of the season and say " we don't have enough talent" and then not sign the talent you need. FA is still young. The draft is ahead. They can sign some cut players, make a trade etc. So I am willing to wait and see.

But until it happens it is just another pile of Dave Speak BS, and a whole lot of unfulfilled potential.

So I think I speak for the three of us when I say:

"Okay, we are waiting. Prove us wrong."

bigbry
03-03-2003, 09:36 PM
So, you speak for all three....how amusing. Nothing wrong with differing opinions, just dont EXPECT anyone to go along with you because YOU say so. Quite simple really.

BB

SkapePhin
03-03-2003, 09:37 PM
By the end of next season, either way, you'll be happy..

It will either be Superbowl Bliss

or

Bye bye Wanny and FiFi!

Its win/win for you guys, so RELAX and rejoice.... Only downside being the loss of Norv and Rick Spielman if Wanne is fired.... :(

dolphinators13
03-03-2003, 09:44 PM
I don't like Fiedler as the starting QB, but when I say something negative about him everyone jumps on me and who every else has a comment. Why bother arguing unless some one brings it up?

VanDolPhan
03-03-2003, 09:45 PM
The main problem I have is that you seem to think talent ='s superbowl and it's so not true. With the way the league is now half of it's talent the other half is luck. It's come down to injuries/depth and refs these days. I don't see how blowing our wad on one FA is going to change this teams fortunes at all.

Jaj
03-03-2003, 09:47 PM
3 years? That's bs!!!

That is nothing. You know how long Tampa had to wait just to win the Superbowl. We have so many nice seasons in Dolphins history.

Some of you just don't get it, when all is said and done whenever the Phins win a Superbowl we will be happy. At the end you'll notice something your just a fan, you gave support sure, but is anyone gonna give a damn next to you. Is some guy off the street gonna say a Dolphin fan!!! and come congragulate you?

I watch the Dolphins since I love to watch them. Does that mean I am a Dolphin. Hell no!!!!! I watch to have fun and enjoy the game.

Some just don't get it. It's just a game. I don't care in the longterm about dissapointments. I was as mad as any of you after the Pats game, but I've gotten over it. I was an Angel fan when they were a joke in 1995. They choked too. I didn't expect a World Series, but it happened. I'm happy about it. I am a Laker fan and they eventually won three times.

Some of you are basing your lives just on the Dolphins winning a Superbowl.

inFINSible
03-03-2003, 09:51 PM
I think it's more of a problem that we are constantly bombarded by BLITZKRIEG and his flaming smilies about 10 times a day.....we get the friggin point already, you guys are upset, WE GET IT.....what we don't get is how in the he// bitching and complaining EVERY SINGLE post is going to do ANYTHING but grate on peoples' nerves......

Justasportsfan
03-03-2003, 10:00 PM
As finfans they have earned the right to bitch and whine, then again others too have earned the right to be optimistic or confident that things will be okay. You love your fins but so do the optimistic ones.

Nothing wrong with complaining. Question is, what solution do you have to fix the situation? You have no dinero.

Another question is, why am I stating my opinion when I am a bills fan? :D

ckparrothead
03-03-2003, 10:02 PM
Listen, I wrote this to BLITZ when he flamed me over private message and I'll write it here.

There is NOTHING WRONG with being the voice of criticism of Dave Wannstedt. Thats fine. But you have to do things in moderation or else it begets aggression.

When you post some flaming post about how Dave is wrecking this team and blah blah blah with all kinds of CAPS and !!!!! exclamation marks and those fuming smilies and whatnot, when you start with the name calling even if its directed at Dave and not anyone here, it begets AGGRESSION.

And people will take you for a blowhard. I'm sorry but thats just how it goes. And when they communicate to you that they think your wrong, or that they don't even consider your opinion because your just being a blowhard, you get upset as if you should be offended.

All I'm saying is when you make an aggressive indictment of dave wannstedt or anyone else, expect an aggressive defense. And it is our business, because you're not making these aggressive indictments TO dave wannstedt. You're making them to us. You're trying to communicate your anger, to us. In an inflammatory way.

So you just have to expect that people will find the holes in your arguments (I assure there usually never is a lack of holes in aggressively made war-type arguments).

Basically you and BLITZKRIEG are all huddled away from the group now because you can DISH IT, but you can't TAKE IT. Nobody here thinks Dave Wannstedt is perfect or that everything he does is right. They just think that YOU are wrong, on this particular occasion about this particular subject. But because you can't take the heat that you yourselves have no qualms about dishing out, you resort to calling us all idiots, homers, wanny-lovers, dolphin commandos, etc.

Like I said, aggression begets aggression. Don't be so inflammatory, and you won't get everyone hating on you.

VanDolPhan
03-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by justafan
As finfans they have earned the right to bitch and whine, then again others to have earned the right to be optimistic or confident that things will be okay. You love your fins but so do the optimistic ones.

Nothing wrong with complaining. Question is, what solution do you have to fix the situation? You have no dinero.

Another question is, why am I stating my opinion when I am a bills fan? :D

Hey now.......Bills fans aren't allowed to converse intelligently around here. It might seed the belief that there are a "couple" of non mentally unchallenged Bills fans on the planet. Don't make me whoop your a** :D

Justasportsfan
03-03-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by VanDolPhan
. Don't make me whoop your a** :D

Just make sure to yell dirty words while you're at it. :lol:

VanDolPhan
03-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by justafan
Just make sure to yell dirty words while you're at it. :lol:

Nah the Jets fans would do that as they are peeing up against the wall at their stadium.

bigbry
03-03-2003, 10:12 PM
CK, what you wrote was perfect, but you have to know that a visit to the Dolphin Digest board will easily identify theses guys. They are here just to be a pain in the a$$. And basically TRY to turn this board into a mess like theirs. I know for a fact the mods here will never allow that to happen.

BB

Prime Time
03-03-2003, 10:19 PM
lmao I thought someone else wrote this post about these guys but FIN-ATIC wrote it...so right off the bat you know it is a stupid post. You guys are the voice of reaon to maybe some Jet fans or something.

feelnoway
03-03-2003, 10:37 PM
Well in my humble opinion.......CK and Jaj seem to be the voice(s) of reason. I've been a fan since the team was first a team, with what's his name......Wilson or whatever was the first coach. I've been disappointed ALOT of seasons. But as Jaj said when all is said and done, nothing that the Miami Dolphins will ever do will alter my life in any significant way. They win I'm happy; they lose I'm bummed. They win a Super Bowl and I'm happy enough to cry. But I have a family, a career, I go to mass, do things with my friends, etc, etc. All of these things are much more important. So I do not understand finatic, blitz and a few others that just go on and on as if the Fins success is the most important thing going on....????........................all that said : nice post CK

fin-atic
03-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by bigbry
CK, what you wrote was perfect, but you have to know that a visit to the Dolphin Digest board will easily identify theses guys. They are here just to be a pain in the a$$. And basically TRY to turn this board into a mess like theirs. I know for a fact the mods here will never allow that to happen.

BB

Here is another example. Where do you guys get off?? Like your Gods or somthing. Here is a headline people:

Its a FORUM!!! it's is supposed to be a place where people can voice opinions and vent frustration. WE ARE ENTITLED!!!

That's what it is about. You guys dont agree FINE!. You don't like it FINE!! THEN DON'T READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allow us to share in our frustration with people who agree and stay out of it. Who granted you the right to judge us and correct us?

We may be "blowhards" but we speak honestly and we do have a legitimate complaint.

ohall
03-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by fin-atic
You know, I think it really sucks that when myslef, Blitz, and jeep post things that we are the target of so much hatred.

You guys don't realize we are angry active fans because we DO love the fins so much. This franchise deserves better, we fans deserve better.

Year after year of melt downs and let downs have left us feeling sour. Then we see other teams picking up players who we have coveted and see us yet to make an impact addition to the team, well we get a little tired of waiting.

BUT HEAR THIS:

We hope and pray that we are wrong. It will not be fun being right about this. If at the end of the 2003 season find us in the same old place we have been, it will suck. We want success. We WANT Fiedler in the Pro Bowl and we WANT Dave hoisting the Lombardi. But after three years of repeat collapses can you really blame us for feeling negative? I mean honestly, three years?

You don't have to agree with our points. You can believe all the things you preach. But you can't, and shouldn't, blame us for being sceptical and feeling negative.

We are just tired of the same old crap PR machine feeding us poop and telling us its chocolate candy. You can't stand up at the end of the season and say " we don't have enough talent" and then not sign the talent you need. FA is still young. The draft is ahead. They can sign some cut players, make a trade etc. So I am willing to wait and see.

But until it happens it is just another pile of Dave Speak BS, and a whole lot of unfulfilled potential.

So I think I speak for the three of us when I say:

"Okay, we are waiting. Prove us wrong."

That's not fair, I don't think you are being reasonable at all, I think you are whinning like you always do. No attack intended, but this is a MBoard and we all have a right to our own opinions. You have a right to moan and groan like a 90-year old woman.

I think alot of you think of NFL football as Madden or NFL2K3 football the arcade games. It's not reality the way some of you think our $ should be thrown around and controlled. I trust the ppl in charge of this orginization. Obviously you don't. Only time will tell who was really the most reasonable in their opinions, no?

Oliver...

bigbry
03-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by fin-atic
Here is another example. Where do you guys get off?? Like your Gods or somthing. Here is a headline people:

Its a FORUM!!! it's is supposed to be a place where people can voice opinions and vent frustration. WE ARE ENTITLED!!!

That's what it is about. You guys dont agree FINE!. You don't like it FINE!! THEN DON'T READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allow us to share in our frustration with people who agree and stay out of it. Who granted you the right to judge us and correct us?

We may be "blowhards" but we speak honestly and we do have a legitimate complaint.

Fine! just stop trying to ram it down peoples throats. Go to the DD and go to it. Oh thats right, you need an audience. Tired of %itching to eachother? Then you agree, it gets old.

BB

SkapePhin
03-03-2003, 10:45 PM
Fin: if this thread is only for you guys, then why is the title of the thread "Voice of reason"? Was this meant for you 3 just to pat each other in the back for being so "enlightened"?

dolfan87
03-03-2003, 10:53 PM
Let me inform you all of something. A lot of people throw the "this is a message board, and we are entitled to our opinion" but this is a community.

Now, in life, do you go around to your friends and constantly bitch and moan about your job, your family, basically how everything sucks? Every conversation do you jump in with, "My boss is a MORON?

Balance boys and girls...you won't have any friends in life, nor on forums if all you do is bitch, or on the other side, if all you do is blow sunshine up peoples butts...that doesn't work either.

This is a community, and just as in life, you ignore the people you don't like, and you hang with the people you do. Otherwise there would be a lot more fights on the street. ;)

Justasportsfan
03-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
Let me inform you all of something. A lot of people throw the "this is a message board, and we are entitled to our opinion" but this is a community.

Now, in life, do you go around to your friends and constantly bitch and moan about your job, your family, basically how everything sucks? Every conversation do you jump in with, "My boss is a MORON?

Balance boys and girls...you won't have any friends in life, nor on forums if all you do is bitch, or on the other side, if all you do is blow sunshine up peoples butts...that doesn't work either.

This is a community, and just as in life, you ignore the people you don't like, and you hang with the people you do. Otherwise there would be a lot more fights on the street. ;)

Shutup :D JK

DrAstroZoom
03-04-2003, 11:05 AM
Just for the record, FIn ... of the "Big Three," I think you state your opinions in the most reasonable matter. Some of Blitz's and Jeep's reasoning just make me want to bang my head against a wall -- not because of the CAPS, or the flaming smilies or any name-calling, just for the illogic and misstatement of facts. You, at least, are fairly reasonable (even if you're wrong :D ) most of the time.

BLITZKRIEG
03-04-2003, 12:38 PM
Don't worry Fin, I've got your back....

I think the major problem with this board is all of the inflated super-egos here....

Posters such as CK, Dolphins 2002, Van, and a few others have made it clear that they are the "Kings Of The Mountain", and can't be bothered with outlandish opinions from fans like ourselves....

They feel that they are above everyone else since they've been here longer than most posters, and since they use this place more as a "chat room" than anything else, it's like we're coming into their homes....invading their turf so to speak.

There are differences in opinions everywhere, and there always will be. Just because our opinions sometimes seem a little more drastic than others, they automatically stereotype us as "Darksiders".....

I'm personally sick of these guys. But what can I do.....

I'm not sick of their opinions, they're entitled to that. I'm sick of their attitudes towards other posters who have something to offer this board....

I admit that I can be real jerk sometimes, and that I'm not always perfect, but when these guys go around bullying posters left and right, that really bothers me.....

Nobody here is more special than anyone else. We all have something to offer IMO. Nobody deserves to be bashed for trying to contribute ideas or opinions....

PHINZ RULE!!!:evil: