PDA

View Full Version : NFL head coach game by EA

nevadadolfan
03-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone, I saw this in the lastest issue of xbox mag. it was a small article on EA's sport strategy football game, called NFL head coach. Sorry if this has already been posted, but I havent seen it yet. I for one am really excited about it, because the off season of madden is probably my fav. part of the game. Not sure how many of you out there agree with me. They note in the article " think of it as the Madden for your brain instad of your thumbs!" One thing I got to thinking about was how great it would it be if madden and this head coach game could talk to each other so what ever you did on the head coach game would affect the madden football game.
Heres a link to EA's website for it.
http://www.easports.com/nflheadcoach/index.jsp

Flame
03-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Would make EA alot more money too..

Prime Time
03-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah there was a thread on this game about a month or so...

Mike13
03-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I have heard about it, but whats so special about it? After all you call plays in Madden right?

Timmy54
03-24-2006, 11:52 PM
this game sounds cool if it takes the coaching part of madden and really enhances it.

ORL4Fins
03-30-2006, 11:13 PM
This is what you get after there are no competitors left on the field.

Majpain
03-31-2006, 02:55 AM
More info about the game

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/699/699404p1.html

"For the next month, you re-sign players and work deals with other GMs for trades as the draft approaches. As the new coach of the Dolphins, I spent an hour alone trying to get the second pick from the Saints so I could suit up Matt Leinart in a Miami jersey. (Updated rosters with Culpepper hadn't been included yet.) I ended up getting rid of Ricky Williams, ranked surprisingly high at 89, to make room for Ronnie Brown, and my No. 15 pick in exchange for the No. 2 overall pick. Sure, it's a lot to ask, maybe, but not for a franchise quarterback and ridding your team of a guy that will be out of the league soon."

It would have been better included in 07 but EA is geedy.I like having the orignal Draft class with known people instead of made up guys : /

NJL52
04-02-2006, 02:14 AM
I hate Ea sports with a passion. If not for the exclusive contract this game would be a part of Madden.

I ****in hate old, rich, greedy, white people.

Metal Panda
04-02-2006, 02:46 AM
How the hell would it be a part of Madden? The offseason is already long enough as it is on Madden, not to mention the fact that you then have to actually play the games. It never would have worked on Madden. You all can feel free to be angry with EA all you want on the exclusive rights (I am upset about it because I loved the ESPN series), but to say this would have otherwise been a part of Madden is ludicrous.

There has always been a market for front office "simulation" in football, which has been heavily present on the PC in many forms but notably absent from the consoles (more than likely since you assume 'action' with console games). It's to appease the geeks like me that really enjoy stuff like that.

Majpain
04-02-2006, 03:08 AM
I swear if they price this at 50 I'm going to bash someone with a golf club.

Metal Panda
04-02-2006, 10:37 AM
I think you all are assuming things way too fast.

When is the last time an EA sports game started at $50? EA has cutback on the prices for their games, last I heard, and most of them have started at $39.99. I bought all of my last couple for $29.99.

It will be priced the same, however, as their other sports games because regardless of the fact that you aren't PLAYING, it's going to have the same number of hours of gameplay!

Dolfan11
04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
I honestly don't see how you can seriously make a game based on just this, and not be able to play the actual game. Do people really feel signing FA, drafting college prospects, setting prices (all which you can do in madden), will be able to stand on it's own as a game itself. You can't even play the game, you watch it from the coaches perspective. Hopefully they will make madden and this compatible so they can both be used to their potential. If not? I rather play the game and control the players then call the play and watch the cpu do it.

Metal Panda
04-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I honestly don't see how you can seriously make a game based on just this, and not be able to play the actual game. Do people really feel signing FA, drafting college prospects, setting prices (all which you can do in madden), will be able to stand on it's own as a game itself. You can't even play the game, you watch it from the coaches perspective. Hopefully they will make madden and this compatible so they can both be used to their potential. If not? I rather play the game and control the players then call the play and watch the cpu do it.

Perhaps you're not familiar with the "sports sim" subgenre. Not only will it stand up on its own if EA puts enough effort into it, it already has. Games like these have thrived on the PC for years, some with mixed results, but usually because they're made by companies without a lot of money. If EA spends enough time in developing this, it'll be a winner.

ScottishFin
04-07-2006, 08:10 AM
If this is anything like Football Manager from SI Games then we will be in heaven.

I have been asking them for years to make an NFL version of their game ( I beta tested for them for 5 years) but as EA hold the licence for this they can do **** all :(

PeaTearGriffin
04-07-2006, 10:42 AM
yeah there are plenty of these games around...soccer being a big one

Perfect23
04-07-2006, 10:44 AM
This game is gona be decent.