PDA

View Full Version : Music -- Theory Of A Deadman

JPhinfan86
03-24-2006, 04:45 AM
I just thought I'd post a thread about these guys. If you've only heard a few of their songs or none at all I think it's worth a shot. This is a band that, like Default, has been fostered by Nickelback's Chad Kroeger. Apparently after hearing a Demo from Theory's frontman Tyler Connolly Kroeger pulled strings at Roadrunner and produced their first record in his own personal studio, 604 records. Their first hit was "Make Up Your Mind" off of their first, self-titled album. Also on that album was a song called "Invisible Man" which was apparently on the Spiderman Movie soundtrack (the first one). TOADs lead singer was also in the "Hero" video with Chad Kroeger and Josey Scott. He played guitar on Chad's right (on the left side of the screen with the handlebar mustache).

Their newest album "Gasoline" has a nice line of songs. "No Surprise", "Santa Monica", and "Say Goodbye" are killing right now on rock radio. If you're into Nickelback, Seether, Default or bands like them check these guys out. Good stuff. Many of you know that Chad Kroeger (and Nickelback collectively) is Canadian as is Default. Quite possibly a major reason Chad chose them as his apprentice of sorts. Well I learned recently that each member of Theory Of A Deadman is from Vancouver....imaginary that. Now, with Ubisoft (Montreal game developers) we can officially tally FOUR reasons why Canada is cool....don't even try to say Pamala Anderson or Michael J. Fox count here... :shakeno: :lol:

Also a cool note: At work I borrowed a game known as Indigo Prophecy. It's a heavy game....worth checking out...in that game is music from Theory Of A Deadman that 100% perfectly fits the mood the the entire game. Check that out too.

JPhinfan86
03-24-2006, 05:05 AM
Here's what the first two album covers look like:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/theoryofadeadmantheoryofadeadman-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

This is a link to a picture of the band. The second album is minus one of the bandmates. I haven't a clue what the story behind his drop is, but hey. :dunno:http://www.roadrunnerrecords.nl/artists/TheoryOfADeadman/mainpic.jpg :rocker:

RocKStaR
03-24-2006, 06:12 AM
Yeah there great. I have known Tyler Connolly since 3 years old.. he grew up with my brother.. we used 2 make fun of him always playin that damn guitar and now look at him...

RocKStaR
03-24-2006, 06:14 AM
Great band.. i have know Tyler Connolly since grade 3, grew up with him.. he is doing awsome..

JPhinfan86
03-24-2006, 06:15 AM
No joke man? That's fantastic. Seriously cool.

JPhinfan86
03-24-2006, 06:20 AM
Hey Rockstar, if you ever need to Edit any one post instead of writing a whole new one, there's an edit button at the bottom of each post you make. It'll allow you and only you to edit the text of each of your submissions. :up:

KingCrowder
07-13-2006, 05:58 AM
Thanks to the game indigo prophecy i became addicted to there song Santa Monica.

Motion
07-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Been a big fan for a long time.

Bruzer
07-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Very good band.

TitansFanatic
07-13-2006, 11:06 AM
:) I have Gasoline.