PDA

View Full Version : Could Lawson Play Safety?

SF Dolphin Fan
03-24-2006, 01:39 PM
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was talking to a friend the other day and he said that Lawson could be a great safety. I had never really considered that, especially since his best talent is rushing the qb and you don't see too many 6-4 safeties. Then again Michael Boulware is a player who has similar skills, was switched from linebacker to safety, and has done well. Perhaps, Miami could draft Lawson and move him around and still give him opportunities to rush the passer. Just a thought as strange as it may sound.

Alex44
03-24-2006, 01:44 PM
I think your friend is crazy.....thats just my opinion :lol:

Philter25
03-24-2006, 01:49 PM
WTF....... is your friend Fishypete? :sidelol: :lol: :sidelol:

Caps
03-24-2006, 01:54 PM
I think he would be much more effective as a LB than a Safety.

arsenal
03-24-2006, 02:06 PM

:lol:

he doesn't have the quickness or agility to play anywhere near the safety spot... dont confuse straight line speed with the kinda speed and change of direction ability you need as a secondary guy...

TotoreMexico
03-24-2006, 02:20 PM
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was talking to a friend the other day and he said that Lawson could be a great safety. I had never really considered that, especially since his best talent is rushing the qb and you don't see too many 6-4 safeties. Then again Michael Boulware is a player who has similar skills, was switched from linebacker to safety, and has done well. Perhaps, Miami could draft Lawson and move him around and still give him opportunities to rush the passer. Just a thought as strange as it may sound.

Dude, don't listen to your friend:shakeno:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-24-2006, 02:20 PM
he should return punts.

Mile High Fin
03-24-2006, 02:57 PM
There's a BIG difference between a tweener LB/S (like Boulware), and a tweener LB/DE (like Lawson).

Asking Lawson to play S is almost like asking a DE to play S.

Laughable....

Geforce
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I know Manny is fast and mobile but I don't think you will see any 247 pounder playing safety for us anytime soon. If your friend is looking for a big safety, try Jon Alston who is just as fast and about 20 pounds lighter.

SF Dolphin Fan
03-24-2006, 03:36 PM
:lol:

he doesn't have the quickness or agility to play anywhere near the safety spot... dont confuse straight line speed with the kinda speed and change of direction ability you need as a secondary guy...

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought too. But just wanted to throw it out there.

Todd347347
03-24-2006, 05:00 PM
I don't know about safety, but I heard he could play QB :cooldude:

motioncityhifi
03-24-2006, 07:45 PM
wow....lets see if he can move to OLB before we talk about moving him to safety.

marino1348
03-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Wide Receiver .he Is The Next Randy Moss

playmaker1
03-25-2006, 04:42 AM
he is so gonna be a QB... man this is dumb

Skeet84
03-25-2006, 05:48 AM
Dude, don't listen to your friend:shakeno:

:sidelol:

Skeet84
03-25-2006, 05:49 AM
From what I hear he can do anything. Can he kick field goald?

playmaker1
03-25-2006, 06:00 AM
From what I hear he can do anything. Can he kick field goald?

that and return kicks!:sidelol:

FINFAN_4_EVER
03-26-2006, 11:07 AM
and leinart could play LB:sidelol:

GCD960
03-26-2006, 11:34 AM
I dont know about Manny but we should move Zach to Safety

Phins28
03-26-2006, 11:35 AM

:lol: I can't believe this

Danny
03-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Maybe he could play RG too....lol

Ozzy rules!!

@@@
03-26-2006, 05:02 PM
I see him getting used alot like adalius thomas with the ravens, he'll play snaps as a down lineman, linebacker and on rare occasions at safety (although clearly in a pass rush/run support role instead of deep coverage)

King Felix
03-26-2006, 08:08 PM

:sidelol:

SF Dolphin Fan
03-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I see him getting used alot like adalius thomas with the ravens, he'll play snaps as a down lineman, linebacker and on rare occasions at safety (although clearly in a pass rush/run support role instead of deep coverage)

Yeah, that I could see. I just didn't know if he compared closely to Boulware or not. I think Boulware's main strengths were in pass coverage, while Lawson seems to be best moving forward and rushing the passer.

Lazy1
03-27-2006, 04:18 PM
There's a BIG difference between a tweener LB/S (like Boulware), and a tweener LB/DE (like Lawson).

Asking Lawson to play S is almost like asking a DE to play S.

Laughable....

It essentially is equivalent to asking a young Jason Taylor to switch to Safety.

touborg
03-27-2006, 05:33 PM
So essentially, if your friend and Fishypete coached in the Dolphins, we would be lining Zach Thomas and Manny Lawson up at safeties next year.

NorFlaFin
03-27-2006, 05:35 PM

Actually Michael Boulware played WR, LB, S and KR among other positions.

http://http://seminoles.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/boulware_michael00.html

dominizzo
03-27-2006, 05:36 PM
WTF??? No way In HEll

Motion
03-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I know it sounds ridiculous.....

Gotta love threads that start like this. :shakeno:

first&goal
03-27-2006, 07:00 PM
During the FA period, bad thing can happen....this thread is definately the worse!

Al13
03-27-2006, 07:07 PM
that must be one of the dumbest threads ever, right after the move zach thomas to SS thread from last year