PDA

View Full Version : Draft Pat Watkins!

Jo-E
03-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Okay maybe I'm a little biased b/c I am a student at FSU but I really want the fins to draft this safety in a later round.

Height: 6-4 3/4 | Weight: 211 | 40-Time: 4.42

Strengths:
Has tremendous size with long arms and the frame to add more weight...Is a very good athlete...Mobile and has excellent range to make plays sideline-to-sideline...Smart and a leader on the field...Great leaper who knows how to go up and get the ball...Will support the run...Still has some upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
Must hit the weight room and get stronger...Needs to bulk up...Not overly physical or explosive despite his size...Inconsistent...Struggles a bit and gets turned in man coverage...Has some minor durability concerns...A bit of an underachiever who didn't always play up to his ability...Only two years of starting experience.

Notes:
Top recruit coming out of high school...Could be chosen earlier than he should based on workouts...From a physical standpoint he would seem to have all the tools you look for and is exactly what the pros are looking for in a safety today.

Just from watching him this past year I was amazed that people aren't talking about him this year.... I sat right next to him at Firehouse Subs and this man is huge.. thought he was a bball player or something... we could def use depth at this possition..

DRAFT PAT WATKINS! :dolphins:

Boomer
03-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Early to mid 2nd rounder.

SR 7
03-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Early to mid 2nd rounder.

boomer do u see us acquiring a 2nd rounder somehow? perhaps tarding out of rd 1 spot/

Bjorn
03-24-2006, 07:06 PM
I think he might go before we have a chance to draft him in the 3rd.

motioncityhifi
03-24-2006, 07:08 PM
only way to get watkins is to find a way to get a 2nd round pick.

NickJr.
03-24-2006, 07:09 PM
I read on warchant that some teams, including the fins have talked to him about switching over to WR. Either way, he's got all the measureables and would be a great late rounder. Jump on him if he's there in the 3rd.

By the way, the Seminole I really want to see us draft in the first is Ernie Sims. This guys a real stud at OLB with great speed. He's such a vicious hitter that he knocked 2 of FSUs TEs out for the year in 1 day of spring practice. Next he hit someone so hard he infured his neck. They had to put him in a no contact jersey to protect the other players. Stud stud stud

Boomer
03-24-2006, 07:09 PM
boomer do u see us acquiring a 2nd rounder somehow? perhaps tarding out of rd 1 spot/

Trading down is always an option, but it's far easier to talk about than to achieve.

Montella
03-24-2006, 07:11 PM
which teams could be interested to trade draft picks and who would give a 1st and a 2nd for our #16? isn't a 1st and a 3rd more realistic?

icephinfan
03-24-2006, 07:12 PM

What's tarding?

Yeah, anyway we may trade for more picks, Saban like's his picks.

icephinfan
03-24-2006, 07:14 PM
which teams could be interested to trade draft picks and who would give a 1st and a 2nd for our #16? isn't a 1st and a 3rd more realistic?

What up Montella?

WhiteOrangeTeal
03-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Someone is gonna jump Watkins in the first round... I wouldn't mind if it was us though.

Montella
03-24-2006, 07:18 PM
What up Montella?

doing good, hope to get some news of la but there is nothing.... :shakeno:

icephinfan
03-24-2006, 07:20 PM
doing good, hope to get some news of la but there is nothing.... :shakeno:

Some guy on another thread said by the end of the day he will be ours, I don't think by the end of today he is visiting JAX tomorrow maybe by the end of tomorrow, he wil be ours!:D

Dolfan11
03-24-2006, 07:22 PM
I read on warchant that some teams, including the fins have talked to him about switching over to WR. Either way, he's got all the measureables and would be a great late rounder. Jump on him if he's there in the 3rd.

By the way, the Seminole I really want to see us draft in the first is Ernie Sims. This guys a real stud at OLB with great speed. He's such a vicious hitter that he knocked 2 of FSUs TEs out for the year in 1 day of spring practice. Next he hit someone so hard he infured his neck. They had to put him in a no contact jersey to protect the other players. Stud stud stud

w00t!!!! If we take a LB in the 1st let it be him.

Montella
03-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Some guy on another thread said by the end of the day he will be ours, I don't think by the end of today he is visiting JAX tomorrow maybe by the end of tomorrow, he wil be ours!:D

yeah i saw, and hope it's true...

but to this thread, to get a 2nd round pick in a trade and get cromartie in the 1st and watkins in the 2nd would be great, i think...

icephinfan
03-24-2006, 07:25 PM
yeah i saw, and hope it's true...

but to this thread, to get a 2nd round pick in a trade and get cromartie in the 1st and watkins in the 2nd would be great, i think...

Yeah draft playmakers!

Montella
03-24-2006, 07:27 PM
i just heard positive stuff about these fsu guys, they can make plays for us...

but who is willing to trade a 1st and a 2nd for our #16 is the big question...

icephinfan
03-24-2006, 07:29 PM
i just heard positive stuff about these fsu guys, they can make plays for us...

but who is willing to trade a 1st and a 2nd for our #16 is the big question...

Good question, but you never know, there might be a player another team wants and will give up alot to get him, Mike Ditka trading all picks for Ricky Williams.

Montella
03-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Good question, but you never know, there might be a player another team wants and will give up alot to get him, Mike Ditka trading all picks for Ricky Williams.

yeah, we will see what happen, i can't wait till the draft starts...

icephinfan
03-24-2006, 07:33 PM
If we are able to sign Lavar, should we draft CB or WR?

Finsfalife
03-24-2006, 07:36 PM
id say a WR....we have more depth at DB

Montella
03-24-2006, 07:37 PM
If we are able to sign Lavar, should we draft CB or WR?

good question, it depands on, if we don't trade our #16 pick we could get jackson or holmes, but if we trade i don't think that they are still there when we pick, so we could draft a cb and switch daniels to safety or draft a safety...

i also think we should get after javon walker, he don't want to play for green bay anymore and could be traded for a 3rd round pick next year or something else...

icephinfan
03-24-2006, 07:41 PM
good question, it depands on, if we don't trade our #16 pick we could get jackson or holmes, but if we trade i don't think that they are still there when we pick, so we could draft a cb and switch daniels to safety or draft a safety...

i also think we should get after javon walker, he don't want to play for green bay anymore and could be traded for a 3rd round pick next year or something else...

If they will accept a 3rd round pick for him, make the deal!!

Montella
03-24-2006, 07:42 PM
If they will accept a 3rd round pick for him, make the deal!!

they should, next year he will be a fa and they got nothing for him...

icephinfan
03-24-2006, 07:44 PM
they should, next year he will be a fa and they got nothing for him...

He would be a good pick up for us.:D
The seahawks just re-signed Mack Strong, maybe Sammy Morris will be back.

Montella
03-24-2006, 07:46 PM
He would be a good pick up for us.:D
The seahawks just re-signed Mack Strong, maybe Sammy Morris will be back.

yeah, but we got beasley now and barnes as fullbacks, he would only be our 3rd running back, i think...

icephinfan
03-24-2006, 07:47 PM
yeah, but we got beasley now and barnes as fullbacks, he would only be our 3rd running back, i think...

He is a good back up, and remember he is a special teams standout.

Jo-E
03-25-2006, 06:07 PM
why is everyone saying he'll go in the first or second... I haven't heard of Pat Watkins being drafted untill like 4th round or something crazy like that

Skeet84
03-26-2006, 06:04 AM
Well I hope he is available in the 3rd.