PDA

View Full Version : LSU! LSU! LSU! Geaux Tigers Baby!!!!

DolphinDevil28
03-24-2006, 11:53 PM
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

This is the OFFICIAL LSU Pep Rally Thread!!!!

BEAT THE LONGHORNS!!!!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/tigerswin-1.jpg

King Felix
03-24-2006, 11:54 PM
wow

DolphinDevil28
03-24-2006, 11:55 PM
wow

Can you tell I'm excited???

:D :D :D

King Felix
03-24-2006, 11:57 PM
:lol: nope

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-25-2006, 12:57 AM
as long as duke loses i'm happy.

SuavePhin
03-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Can you tell I'm excited???

:D :D :D

I think you're so excited you made my desk bump :tongue:

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 01:33 AM
I think you're so excited you made my desk bump :tongue:

Geaux Tigers baby!!!!

dob72
03-25-2006, 02:09 AM
ain't u a duke stan

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 02:56 AM
ain't u a duke stan

Can you read?

:goof:

King Felix
03-25-2006, 03:25 AM
im gonna laugh when lsu gets there *** dominated.

nick1
03-25-2006, 11:10 AM
this should be a good game, I like LSU's team. they have two of the best shot blockers in the nation. we'll see what happens.

I pick LSU and UCLA to win today, Florida and Mason to win tommorrow

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 12:58 PM

Texas may win, but how do you figure LSU would get "dominated?"

LSU is one of the few teams that can muscle-up with the Longhorns.

And remember this name when you're watching the game today: TYRUS THOMAS. Texas ain't never seen a power forward like him yet.

King Felix
03-25-2006, 02:34 PM
tyrese thomas is a beast.

nick1
03-25-2006, 04:28 PM
but according to you LSU will be dominated, are you having a change of heart?

GreenMonster
03-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Texas may win, but how do you figure LSU would get "dominated?"

LSU is one of the few teams that can muscle-up with the Longhorns.

And remember this name when you're watching the game today: TYRUS THOMAS. Texas ain't never seen a power forward like him yet.

Tyrus Thomas is a great player, but lets see how these 2 bigs do when they face another legit NBA PF in Alderidge.. Should be a great game, can't wait to watch these big guys bang down low..

FaninPatsyLand
03-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Geaux Tigers baby!!!!

Forgive my oblivious-ness to the whole Louisiana State University slogan, but being a New Englander up here in Boston.. could you tell me what Geaux means??

I see it all the time when people are referring to LSU, but I'm clueless of it's meaning. Thanks! :lol:

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Forgive my oblivious-ness to the whole Louisiana State University slogan, but being a New Englander up here in Boston.. could you tell me what Geaux means??

I see it all the time when people are referring to LSU, but I'm clueless of it's meaning. Thanks! :lol:

Sure. No prob.

In south Louisiana, there is a heavy cajun french, or creole, influence. Cajun French spells many words with the long "o" sound with -eaux.

It's just a cool little thing to put a Louisiana twist on things.

FaninPatsyLand
03-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Sure. No prob.

In south Louisiana, there is a heavy cajun french, or creole, influence. Cajun French spells many words with the long "o" sound with -eaux.

It's just a cool little thing to put a Louisiana twist on things.

Thanks man! You learn something new everyday...

I got LSU in the FF, I need this one tonight.

FinSinceBirth
03-25-2006, 06:16 PM
I want LSU to win so it can be an all SEC National Champ. game. Not only would a rematch of LSU and UF be a great game to watch, it would prove to doubters how strong the SEC is.

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Tied at 26 at the half.

We'd have the lead if STUPID *** Ben Voogd wouldn't have taken a dumb, stupid, idiotic runner with a lot of time left, and then Texas got an easy layup on the other end off of it.:fire:

But we made up right at the end of the half with a seal and a layup.

nick1
03-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Thomas is such a beast

Rocky Raccoon
03-25-2006, 07:14 PM
come on LSU! A LSU win would be a major help in my pool.

SMadison29
03-25-2006, 07:21 PM
This is one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen in the tournament. There's about 4 players for each team that should have fouled out. There's way too much contact going on & way too many people getting knocked to the ground. Hell, when Texas' big white boy got hit in the face long after the rebound they didn't call a foul.

SMadison29
03-25-2006, 07:30 PM
YES!!! Holy **** what a sequence. Great shot.

SMadison29
03-25-2006, 07:35 PM
WTF was Davis thinking? LOL.

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 07:37 PM
YES!!! Holy **** what a sequence. Great shot.

Why are you pulling for Texas???:fire: :fire: :fire:

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 07:43 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby for 3!!!!!!!!

SMadison29
03-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Why are you pulling for Texas???:fire: :fire: :fire:

Well since I have a chance to win the ESPN bracket, YES!!

But nonetheless, it's over. LSU is probably going to the Finals vs Nova or UConn.

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Well since I have a chance to win the ESPN bracket, YES!!

But nonetheless, it's over. LSU is probably going to the Finals vs Nova or UConn.

Yeah, what were you saying about "bad officiating?"

Daniel Gibson just had half of his foot out of bounds, and they let the play go on and Texas got a 3. :shakeno:

SMadison29
03-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, what were you saying about "bad officiating?"

Daniel Gibson just had half of his foot out of bounds, and they let the play go on and Texas got a 3. :shakeno:

No doubt his foot was out of bounds but you couldn't tell if his hand was on the ball from the angle they showed. As long as you re-establish yourself in bounds it's good.

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 08:07 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINAL FOUR BABY!!!!!!!

Roman529
03-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Big Baby and the guys are playing good ball.

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Time for Doug Gottleib to eat some SERIOUS crow.

"I was wrong about Duke, I won't be wrong today. Texas will beat LSU."

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Hey Doug: GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-25-2006, 08:33 PM
congrats DD28. :)

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 08:34 PM
congrats DD28. :)

Yay!!

:hysterikill:

DolphinDevil28
03-25-2006, 09:00 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/tx_bigbaby_si-1.jpg

Rocky Raccoon
03-25-2006, 09:11 PM
I may be an utter moron for asking this questions...but what does geaux mean? :lol:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-25-2006, 09:14 PM
I may be an utter moron for asking this questions...but what does geaux mean? :lol: read page 2. :)

nick1
03-25-2006, 10:15 PM
UCLA is about to win and when they do I'll be 2 for 2

HysterikiLL
03-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Is it just me, or is Big Baby quite reminscent of 'another' former LSU big man when he's out there playing?

DolphinDevil28
03-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Is it just me, or is Big Baby quite reminscent of 'another' former LSU big man when he's out there playing?

Only in girth. Shaq has about 4 inches on Baby, and a LOT more ups.

Baby doesn't really have hops at all. He just outmuscles people.

GreenMonster
03-26-2006, 01:28 AM

LSU gave Uconn all they could handle this year earlier at home.. I wouldn't mind seeing our bigs go at it again..

Baby a beast in the middle.. LSU vs UCLA should be a great matchup to watch..

ILPhinFan88
03-26-2006, 01:39 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINAL FOUR BABY!!!!!!!

Congrats DD28

HysterikiLL
03-26-2006, 02:01 AM

Yeah, but both are really light on their feet and pretty quick for big guys (at least he reminds me of a shorter Shaq in his first few years with Orlando). I think he'll translate great in the pro's.

King Felix
03-26-2006, 03:00 AM
thomas isnt as good as u make him. he can jump crazy high but his offense isnt taht good in half court. and ive seen like 20 better power forwards. newayz i have ucla in the finals against uconn so yea go UCLA. pac 10 pride.

DolphinDevil28
03-26-2006, 03:25 AM
thomas isnt as good as u make him. he can jump crazy high but his offense isnt taht good in half court. and ive seen like 20 better power forwards. newayz i have ucla in the finals against uconn so yea go UCLA. pac 10 pride.

:rofl:

Go read the stat line from today again.

Besides, remember your little, "I'm going to laugh when LSU gets dominated" quote from today???

Yeah, don't talk about Tyrus or LSU because your credibility is 0.

DolphinDevil28
03-26-2006, 03:34 AM

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

OWNED

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

King Felix
03-26-2006, 03:38 AM
wow i said they was i gonna laugh when they lose and for that im owned? wow and u seriously havnt seen a power forward like him?? wow.

King Felix
03-26-2006, 03:40 AM
haha so i have no credibilty for being wrong about a game. that means every1 has 0 credibility.

DolphinDevil28
03-26-2006, 03:41 AM
wow i said they was i gonna laugh when they lose and for that im owned? wow and u seriously havnt seen a power forward like him?? wow.

No, you said you were going to laugh when they got their ***** "dominated." Don't try to play it off now.

...as for Thomas, he's a walking double-double, he can jump out of the gym, he's the best shot blocker in the country, he has a mid-range J, and HE'S ONLY A FRESHMAN.

Not to mention many analysts have him as a top 3 NBA draft pick, if not the 1st overall pick, if he comes out.

Yeah, he's just your "run-of-the-mill" player. :rolleyes2

You really don't know what you are talking about, do you?

King Felix
03-26-2006, 03:42 AM
half of his points were alley oops.

DolphinDevil28
03-26-2006, 03:45 AM

THAT'S why your credibility on LSU is zero. Not because you were wrong about them getting "dominated."

King Felix
03-26-2006, 03:46 AM
he is a beast. but im sayin he isnt very good in half court offense.

King Felix
03-26-2006, 03:49 AM
u make him seem better than amare stoudamire, kevin garnett, tim duncan.. thats wat im saying.... im not saying he isnt a beast.

King Felix
03-26-2006, 03:53 AM
dont get me wrong he is the best PF in the nation. him and davis is a deadly combo. they are prolly favorites to win it all now.

phunwin
03-26-2006, 07:53 AM
dont get me wrong he is the best PF in the nation. him and davis is a deadly combo. they are prolly favorites to win it all now.

Did you get whiplash from that 180?

UConn remains the favorite to win it all. LSU's power combo played like monsters last night, but if their guards keep throwing up bricks like that, they'll lose to a better team than ultra-overrated Texas.

GreenMonster
03-26-2006, 11:14 AM
...as for Thomas, he's a walking double-double, he can jump out of the gym, he's the best shot blocker in the country, he has a mid-range J, and HE'S ONLY A FRESHMAN.

He may be 2nd best.. Hilton Armstrong for Uconn has 103 blocks this year, while Thomas has 97.. I think his average is a tad higher.. That being said Tyrus Thomas is twice the player that Hilton Armstrong is..

Thomas is a walking double double, its scary how fast he gets off the floor..

phunwin
03-26-2006, 11:47 AM
He may be 2nd best.. Hilton Armstrong for Uconn has 103 blocks this year, while Thomas has 97.. I think his average is a tad higher.. That being said Tyrus Thomas is twice the player that Hilton Armstrong is..

Doesn't Armstrong play fewer minutes than Thomas? It would seem, then, that his blocks/40 minutes rate is higher.

In any event, I hadn't seen Thomas play until the tourney. Man, that kid is awesome. And his stock's through the roof; he could easily be the #1 overall pick if he declares for the draft, especially with how badly he and Davis outplayed Aldridge yesterday. Someone compared him to Slowmile Swift, but that's way off. Thomas plays with 10 times more energy and is much quicker to the hole. I think he's more like Chris Bosh.

BTW, how tall is Glen Davis, really? There's no way he's taller than 6'8. Makes me concerned about his NBA future; I hate too-short centers with puffy bodies. They remind me of guys like Tractor Traylor.

GreenMonster
03-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Doesn't Armstrong play fewer minutes than Thomas? It would seem, then, that his blocks/40 minutes rate is higher.

In any event, I hadn't seen Thomas play until the tourney. Man, that kid is awesome. And his stock's through the roof; he could easily be the #1 overall pick if he declares for the draft, especially with how badly he and Davis outplayed Aldridge yesterday. Someone compared him to Slowmile Swift, but that's way off. Thomas plays with 10 times more energy and is much quicker to the hole. I think he's more like Chris Bosh.

BTW, how tall is Glen Davis, really? There's no way he's taller than 6'8. Makes me concerned about his NBA future; I hate too-short centers with puffy bodies. They remind me of guys like Tractor Traylor.

Ewwww Tractor Traylor.. My Bucks freakin traded Dirk for Tractor Traylor on draft night.. That my friends was a bad, bad, move..

Hilton actually avg's more minutes than Thomas (27.5 vs 26.2), so I stand corrected..

Thomas and Bosh are a good comparision, although Bosh is a better scorer, Thomas a better rebounder/defender..

Glen Davis is listed at 6'9 same as Thomas, but Davis is shorter than Thomas.. Might have to grow some Barkley likes skills to be a force down low in the NBA..

Pink_Dove
03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Whoa whoa...I disagree here guys Thomas has got nothing on Bosh. CB4 can actually post up and pop that 15 footer all day. I havn't seen Thomas do that consistently yet. All I've seen is mad hops and some good defensive positioning which equates to him being a monster on defense. Offensively he's got plenty to learn, he's nowhere near as polished as say Big Baby or P.J Tucker. He's a good player but he looks more Marcus Camby than Chris Bosh to me.

DolphinDevil28
03-26-2006, 01:46 PM

I stand corrected. :up:

(Tyrus did miss a few games toward the end of the year because of injury, though.)

phunwin
03-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Whoa whoa...I disagree here guys Thomas has got nothing on Bosh. CB4 can actually post up and pop that 15 footer all day. I havn't seen Thomas do that consistently yet. All I've seen is mad hops and some good defensive positioning which equates to him being a monster on defense. Offensively he's got plenty to learn, he's nowhere near as polished as say Big Baby or P.J Tucker. He's a good player but he looks more Marcus Camby than Chris Bosh to me.

Bosh wasn't so refined offensively coming out of Ga Tech, though. Hence my comparison. I think where Thomas is now, and where Bosh was in the 2003 draft are pretty darn similar.

Pink_Dove
03-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Bosh wasn't so refined offensively coming out of Ga Tech, though. Hence my comparison. I think where Thomas is now, and where Bosh was in the 2003 draft are pretty darn similar.

I get what you're saying but from the little I saw Thomas (I'll make sure to look out for him next week-end) I didn't see the soft stroke that Bosh has always had (even at GT). Bosh was a 48% 3pt shooter with a good face up game and turn around jumper on the block. Every scouting report says even as a freshman Bosh had developed some post moves and an advanced offensive game for a 19 year old. I didn't see that in Thomas's game. Another thing that makes Bosh so lethal is that he's a natural lefty who's very good with the right hand.

The player that reminded me of Chris Bosh during some stretches where he took over is LaMarcus Aldridge. Unfortunately that went out the window when Big Baby exposed his 'soft side'. Another big man I like is Joakim Noah. He hasn't even filled up yet but he's go a great motor and nice instincts around the basket. He can also shoot that 15 footer surpinsingly well.

nick1
03-27-2006, 09:31 AM
I pick LSU and UCLA to win today, Florida and Mason to win tommorrow
I was right on :cooldude:

King Nate
03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
I was right on :cooldude:

Wow...nice!

nick1
03-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Wow...nice!
of course my bracket was way off (I only got one of my orginal FF teams correct :lol: ), but I still predicted correctly once I knew what the match-ups were

nick1
03-27-2006, 05:25 PM
so who thinks Mason can beat Florida? I hope they do but I'm pretty sure they won't. Florida is close to the talent level of UConn but the one difference between the two is that Florida is playing well and playing like they want to win. UConn wasn't playing up to their level and they definitely were outplayed by Mason. Mason has alot of heart and that was the difference in the UConn game. Florida is just playing too good for Mason, heart isn't going to win this game for Mason. we'll see

King Felix
03-27-2006, 05:29 PM
i think GM can beat florida, but i dont know if they will.

DolphinDevil28
03-28-2006, 06:48 PM
:lol:

By Michael Smith
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES. (AP) — The USC basketball team is currently holding a press conference in which the team is unveiling a plan contingent on LSU winning the NCAA men’s basketball championship. After LSU pulled off an upset over #1 ranked Duke in the Southeast Semifinal, USC supporters around the nation have pulled together to campaign for USC being named a co-champion. The basketball team has transformed that fervor into a legitimate claim of a national championship.

Tim Floyd, head coach for USC, stated,”If our bread and butter — our football team — can do it, we feel confident that we are able to also. We are considering the possibilities of claiming the championship outright because neither LSU nor USC signed a contract with the NCAA Tournament.”

Floyd was referring to the 2003-2004 college football season when USC claimed a national title even though they did not even play in the National Championship Game to which they agreed would decide the National Champion.

“We’re big LSU fans right now,” said Floyd. “We didn’t make the NCAA or NIT Tournaments, but really, does that matter? The press loves us, and to borrow unsubstantiated claims from the media in 2003, ‘Isn’t it just clearly obvious that USC is better than LSU?’”

LSU officials have not responded to calls and emails for interviews. Officials at the AP Poll have stated that if LSU wins the Tournament, USC has a very strong possibility for being ranked #1 in the poll.

King Felix
03-28-2006, 06:58 PM

By Michael Smith
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES. (AP) — The USC basketball team is currently holding a press conference in which the team is unveiling a plan contingent on LSU winning the NCAA men’s basketball championship. After LSU pulled off an upset over #1 ranked Duke in the Southeast Semifinal, USC supporters around the nation have pulled together to campaign for USC being named a co-champion. The basketball team has transformed that fervor into a legitimate claim of a national championship.

Tim Floyd, head coach for USC, stated,”If our bread and butter — our football team — can do it, we feel confident that we are able to also. We are considering the possibilities of claiming the championship outright because neither LSU nor USC signed a contract with the NCAA Tournament.”

Floyd was referring to the 2003-2004 college football season when USC claimed a national title even though they did not even play in the National Championship Game to which they agreed would decide the National Champion.

“We’re big LSU fans right now,” said Floyd. “We didn’t make the NCAA or NIT Tournaments, but really, does that matter? The press loves us, and to borrow unsubstantiated claims from the media in 2003, ‘Isn’t it just clearly obvious that USC is better than LSU?’”

LSU officials have not responded to calls and emails for interviews. Officials at the AP Poll have stated that if LSU wins the Tournament, USC has a very strong possibility for being ranked #1 in the poll.