PDA

View Full Version : They gave this idiot a show on MSNBC...

Kamikaze
03-04-2003, 05:38 AM
That idiot is Michael Savage. He has a radio show, Savage Nation, and wrote a book of the same name. Well, his actually name is Michael Weiner, but Weiner Nation really doesn't have a good ring to it. Anyway, I just want to show you guys what this loon is preaching.

http://www.paulreveresociety.com/

The Sedition Act - Time to Act.
Time to Arrest the Leaders of the Anti-War Movement,
Once we Go To War?
We Must Protect Our Troops!
Sponsor The Paul Revere Society!

The Paul Revere Society 9-Point Program
MEN AND WOMEN PROTECTING AMERICA

1. Make tax cuts permanent.
2. Close the borders now.
3. Deport all illegal immigrants now.
4. Eliminate bilingual education in all states.
5. Require health tests for all recent foreign born immigrants.
6. Eliminate as many entitlement programs as possible.
7. Reduce the number of Federal Employees.
8. Oil Drilling on U.S. Soil.
9. Tort Reform "STOP LAWYERS".

Great, he wants to throw people in jail for free speech! Guess only free speech applies to people he agrees with. I hate ****s like this. They give the rest of us Americans a bad name. Mr. Savage...I mean Weiner...would be better off hosting a KKK rally than a TV show...

Sniper
03-04-2003, 05:44 AM
MSNBC is slowly becoming a Fox News-wannabe. I knew a major change was in the works when Donahue was pulled off the air. You watch... Chris Matthews' Hardball will be the next to go.

Sniper
03-04-2003, 05:50 AM
I hope Savage's show is a flop. I think he's the closest thing to a Nazi that I've ever seen.

PhinPhan1227
03-04-2003, 10:01 AM
Savages show is completely tongue in cheek. It's on the same level as Limbaugh, which is also become tongue in cheek. At best, you can take about 20% of what the guy says seriously, and the rest is an act. I'd say you need to work on your sense of humor, but after the comment about Donahue, I KNOW you were joking.

Muck
03-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Stop bi-lingual education?? Dude, learning a new language is what started getting me laid as a teen!! It's great to learn another language for free. Who DOESN'T??

Does this guy sound "white power"-ish or what?? What a screwball.......which means he's probably got a big following. :rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
03-04-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Muck
Stop bi-lingual education?? Dude, learning a new language is what started getting me laid as a teen!! It's great to learn another language for free. Who DOESN'T??

Does this guy sound "white power"-ish or what?? What a screwball.......which means he's probably got a big following. :rolleyes:

He meant bi-lingual education for those who don't speak english. Basically, teaching classes in spanish for those who only speak spanish. This is the current "pc" method rather than "immersion", in which you teach everything in english to get kids to learn the language faster. The funny thing is, California started the bi-lingual effort, but then went back to immersion, and immersion is working better(big surprise). Now that I think about it, that's TWO things a like that California is doing...damn that's scary.

Sniper
03-04-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Savages show is completely tongue in cheek. It's on the same level as Limbaugh, which is also become tongue in cheek. At best, you can take about 20% of what the guy says seriously, and the rest is an act. I'd say you need to work on your sense of humor, but after the comment about Donahue, I KNOW you were joking.

My comment about Donahue being a joke? His show was cancelled which makes what I said a fact. Maybe you should stop reading into things? That coupled with critical thinking skills are clearly not strong points of yours.

PhinPhan1227
03-04-2003, 11:19 AM
Donahue's show was cancelled because the man has lost any sense of how to put on an entertaining program. As for critical thinking, I'm just fine(especially after an espresso or two), my judgment skills may be falling off as evidenced by my choice of wasting time discoursing with you, but my critical thinking is just spiffy thanks.

Kamikaze
03-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

If it is tounge in cheek, then does he have a show on a cable news channel? People eat this stuff up and take it at face value. This is supposed to be a legitimate news source, not a propaganda channel spewing half-truths and isolationist, racist bull****.

PhinPhan1227
03-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by chicagodolphan
If it is tounge in cheek, then does he have a show on a cable news channel? People eat this stuff up and take it at face value. This is supposed to be a legitimate news source, not a propaganda channel spewing half-truths and isolationist, racist bull****.

Legitimate news source?!?!?! Lol...come on, they had Donahue for God sakes!! The man is the Anti-Savage. Savage plays Mr Heartless, while Donahue plays Mr Bleeding Heart. Neither one of them is meant to be taken remotely seriously(although I don't know if Phil realizes that fact). They're caricatures...it's just that Savage is a more entertaining caricature than Donahue.

Kamikaze
03-04-2003, 04:14 PM
I sometimes wonder whether or not you disagree with me simply because you WANT to disagree with me. :rolleyes:

Sniper
03-04-2003, 04:33 PM
I consider the mass news channels propaganda more than anything else.

PhinPhan1227
03-04-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by chicagodolphan
I sometimes wonder whether or not you disagree with me simply because you WANT to disagree with me. :rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO....To an extent, I'm sure I do. But I like arguing with people who stand by their beliefs and are willing to explore them. And for the most part, you present rational, well thought out arguments. That's why you don't irritate me, as some other posters do. They present mindless drivel that doesn't hold up to even the most cursory rational examination. I disagree with much of your philosophy, but I'm more than happy to recognize that the majority of it is at least rational. I'm fine with arguing a point to a draw, it usually means that the argument has dealt with all the factual details and has been boiled down to "core beliefs", which are rarely if ever mutable...:D

LeftCoastPhin
03-05-2003, 02:35 PM
. Make tax cuts permanent. (sounds good to me, the govt spending is out of control)

2. Close the borders now. (another exellent idea, while we are off fighting terrorists over seas, our borders leak like a sive. Terrorists are being smuggled in big time, sleep tight kids. We need total lock down and troops on the border) We should also slow down immigration for about 10 years, giving the ones here time to acclimate before piling in new ones.

3. Deport all illegal immigrants now. (Duh, if they are ILLEGAL, then why are they here?)

4. Eliminate bilingual education in all states. (Yes, the language of the U.S.A is English, speak it or get the hell out) If you want to learn a second language, great, do it on your own time and your own dime.

5. Require health tests for all recent foreign born immigrants. (Makes sense, with the sub standard health care a lot of foreigners have)

6. Eliminate as many entitlement programs as possible. (Yea baby, whatever happend to 'you dont work, you dont eat' ? It's been proven hand outs dont work, why stay with them?

7. Reduce the number of Federal Employees. (yes, and control govt spending, why do u think they have these programs, so these a-hole can have jobs!

8. Oil Drilling on U.S. Soil. ( no brainer, but i prefer alternate fuel research)

9. Tort Reform "STOP LAWYERS". (stop frivelous lawsuits, it's time to get back to common sense and personal accountability.

I may not agree with his methods and I never even heard of him, but I LOVE these views.

PhinPhan1227
03-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
4. Eliminate bilingual education in all states. (Yes, the language of the U.S.A is English, speak it or get the hell out) If you want to learn a second language, great, do it on your own time and your own dime.

Again, that's bilingual education for those who DON'T speak english. It's when they teach classes IN spanish for those who speak spanish, rather than immersing them in English.

LeftCoastPhin
03-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Ok, but why should Joe tax payer PAY for Joe Immigrant to learn English? Seems kind of unfair and arrogant. If I move to France I dont expect them to teach me French.

Our forefathers were immigants, they had to work hard, struggle, and adapt to the U.S. culture. Why should today's immigrants get off the hook?

PhinPhan1227
03-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Don't get me wrong, not only don't I think we should pay for it, I don;t think it works. Immersion works much better than bi-lingual education. My dad didn't speak english when he came here, but he learned.

LeftCoastPhin
03-05-2003, 03:45 PM
I agree, immersion is the only way to go. I know America is a melting pot of cultures but there are basic American values and culture, if you dont like them, dont come here. And dont come here for a free lunch, but unfortunately our politicans like to exchange free lunches for votes. But then what happens when they get overan and pretty soon it's an all Hispanice govt in California? They dont look at the big picture. And please, everyone spare me the race card. If I wanted to live in Mexican culture under Mexican leaders, I'd move to freakin Mexico.

This is forecasting of things to come if we dont get things under control, not saying it's that way now but I dont like the direction it's heading in.