PDA

View Full Version : Madden Franchise Off-Season Menu Queston:

BigDogsHunt
03-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Why in franchise mode on off season menu, is Free Agent signings after the draft and not before like in the real world?

This is the only thing that bugs me each franchise off season since I would prefer to sign FA like they do in the real NFL and then use the draft to simply add talent and youth.

Any one know why Madden has this feature backwards???

outlawd2u
03-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Have no idea, but I've often wondered that myself. It's wierd too cuz Madden does such a good job of letting you make nearly ALL of the franchise decisions, and is pretty close to a lot of the things you'd really have to do in the NFL, but yet they have this messed up.

BigDogsHunt
03-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Definate oversight on their part, as you are correct, so many other features are spot-on.

Oh, well, maybe next version it gets corrected.

Mike13
03-25-2006, 06:16 PM
You know the coaches in the game should have more of an impact, Hiring and firing a coach is cool but it really doesnt make that much of a difference.

Alex44
03-25-2006, 06:19 PM
You know the coaches in the game should have more of an impact, Hiring and firing a coach is cool but it really doesnt make that much of a difference.

yeah I just hire all rookie coaches and watch them have undefeated careers.....its fun yet pointless coaching doesnt really make enough difference

HysterikiLL
03-25-2006, 09:38 PM
yeah I just hire all rookie coaches and watch them have undefeated careers.....its fun yet pointless coaching doesnt really make enough difference

It does for me. Coaches have a big impact over player ratings progression.

But IMO they should have the Rookie Scouting, then player cuts, then free agency, then the draft. Sometimes I'll cut a good player hoping to draft a younger guy in his place, and then find there's no one worthy in the draft.

BigDogsHunt
03-25-2006, 11:43 PM

But IMO they should have the Rookie Scouting, then player cuts, then free agency, then the draft. Sometimes I'll cut a good player hoping to draft a younger guy in his place, and then find there's no one worthy in the draft.

Bingo, me too. Thats what I am talking about. Very Frustrating.

Or, I draft a rookie in a certain spot and position, only to find much better options in FA.

Alex44
03-25-2006, 11:47 PM

Not for me really, they progress the same no matter who is coaching usually, if you play well your team gets better, worse and they get worse, ive never noticed the diff in coaches

KingCrowder
03-29-2006, 09:27 AM

If you play every game then i don't think coaches matter that much but if you sim games than it makes a big difference i think.

AquaInferno
03-29-2006, 12:27 PM
What would be nice is if your playbook got changed around a bit when coaches are hired/fired. The defensive playbooks are simple so it should apply to OCs and HCs.

illscriptures
03-29-2006, 03:44 PM
When you play in all madden difficulty it does matter... because the only way all your players are going to progress is if you have it on a lower difficulty and are beating the computer by 40 something while having atleast 300 yards rushing and 300 passing. Coaches play a very important role in progression... help at depth, drafting, and that should be about it.

Majpain
03-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Does anyone get better than a B draft grade?I spent alot of time in my draft and got soild players and only ended up with B overall.What gives?

icephinfan
04-01-2006, 05:29 PM
To add to this....you use to be able to play season mode and they did away with that, now it is only game mode "1 game" or franchise mode. They need to brig back season mode, 1 year and that's it.