PDA

View Full Version : Larry The Cable Guy

Rocky Raccoon
03-25-2006, 11:46 PM
what do you guys think of him? I'm watching his stand-up on comedy central and I don't find him funny at all.

dolfan72734me
03-25-2006, 11:48 PM
what do you guys think of him? I'm watching his stand-up on comedy central and I don't find him funny at all.
I never thought any of the blue collar guys were very funny. I get tired of that "git er done"

Gonzo
03-25-2006, 11:53 PM
You are not alone Rocky. And he has a movie coming out that looks incredibly dumb, and not in a funny way.

http://www.healthinspectorthemovie.com/index_flash.php

FinsNCanes
03-26-2006, 12:09 AM
I think he's flat out stupid. His so called "jokes" aren't even jokes.

All the blue collar guys are stupid. Why do you think only rednecks think they're funny?

dolfan72734me
03-26-2006, 12:13 AM

All the blue collar guys are stupid. Why do you think only rednecks think they're funny?
OK, I know I have said this before, but that girl in your Avatar is freakin' hot.

Coral Reefer
03-26-2006, 12:15 AM

I've always liked Jeff Foxworthy.
The other 2 you can have.

Foxworthy played UCF live my last year of college.
He has a good routine redneck or not.

Gonzo
03-26-2006, 12:17 AM
OK, I know I have said this before, but that girl in your Avatar is freakin' hot.

:yes: I stare at her everytime he posts. I wish he would post more often, maybe at the Alex22 level.

dolfan72734me
03-26-2006, 12:20 AM
:yes: I stare at her everytime he posts. I wish he would post more often, maybe at the Alex22 level.
:lol:

dolfan72734me
03-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Looks like she is saying "eeef". I wonder if that is code for "dang dolfan72734me is hot"

Gonzo
03-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Looks like she is saying "eeef". I wonder if that is code for "dang dolfan72734me is hot"

I would lick her face. And I don't even do that.

dolfan72734me
03-26-2006, 12:29 AM
I would lick her face. And I don't even do that.
Face? face?

Gonzo
03-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Face? face?

Yeah, it's all I see. I don't even know if she has a body. For all I know, she is just a floating head like in Mars Attacks. Who knows where the dog ran off with her body...:confused:

Rocky Raccoon
03-26-2006, 12:38 AM
thread hijackers :tantrum:

Jimmy James
03-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Ron White is reasonably amusing. I don't really think his comedy is all that much like the other 3 at all.

Larry the Cable Guy makes Bill Engvall look like George Carlin.

Gonzo
03-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Ron White is reasonably amusing. I don't really think his comedy is all that much like the other 3 at all.

Larry the Cable Guy makes Bill Engvall look like George Carlin.

Ron White is the only one that doesn't have a lame *** catch phrase, so I at least find some of his stuff funny. Actually...who is the other guy besides Larry, Jeff, and Ron? Poor ******* never got noticed. He is like the third guy in the first moon landing :lol:

HysterikiLL
03-26-2006, 12:48 AM
You know you're a redneck if.....you laugh at their jokes.

Can't stand those guys, but then again, I'm not inbred.

dolfan72734me
03-26-2006, 12:50 AM
Ron White is the only one that doesn't have a lame *** catch phrase, so I at least find some of his stuff funny. Actually...who is the other guy besides Larry, Jeff, and Ron? Poor ******* never got noticed. He is like the third guy in the first moon landing :lol:
Moon landing.....? Who!?

Gonzo
03-26-2006, 12:58 AM
Moon landing.....? Who!?

There was Neil Armstrong, Buzz Ligh...I mean Aldrin, and....?

Michael Collins, but few remember him...

dolfan72734me
03-26-2006, 01:01 AM
There was Neil Armstrong, Buzz Ligh...I mean Aldrin, and....?

Michael Collins, but few remember him...But, when did this happen. I mean, isn't it like a couple of hundred miles away?

Jimmy James
03-26-2006, 01:02 AM

The sad thing is that I used the name of the other guy in the post you replied to and you still didn't know who the hell he is. :sidelol:

Gonzo
03-26-2006, 01:03 AM
The sad thing is that I used the name of the other guy in the post you replied to and you still didn't know who the hell he is. :sidelol:

I forgot what I read by the next line :lol: . I do the same with books from school :chuckle:

Jimmy James
03-26-2006, 01:04 AM
I forgot what I read by the next line :lol: . I do the same with books from school :chuckle:

See, I figured he was just that forgettable.

Gonzo
03-26-2006, 01:04 AM
But, when did this happen. I mean, isn't it like a couple of hundred miles away?

not quite, maybe a couple of hundred kilometers though. Space is on the metric system.

Gonzo
03-26-2006, 01:05 AM
See, I figured he was just that forgettable.

Who? :confused:

Jimmy James
03-26-2006, 01:07 AM
not quite, maybe a couple of hundred kilometers though. Space is on the metric system.

The Metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead, and that's the way I likes it!

dolfan72734me
03-26-2006, 01:08 AM
Dang, thats right. My bad.

dolfan72734me
03-26-2006, 01:10 AM
The Metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead, and that's the way I likes it!
Alot better, IMO, than getting 6.5 milliliters per meter.

Gonzo
03-26-2006, 01:13 AM

I'm sorry, what? I was staring at FinsNCanes avatar again. It beckons me from millions of threads away...

Perfect23
03-26-2006, 01:28 AM
I'm sorry, what? I was staring at FinsNCanes avatar again. It beckons me from millions of threads away...

Thats all ive been doing since I started this thread.

FinsNCanes
03-26-2006, 01:42 AM

It's actually her smiling but I had to cut a lot of frames out to fit it. If someone who is really good with avatars help me out that'd be great. I just DL'd some free gif animator called easy gif animator.

Coral Reefer
03-26-2006, 01:45 AM
It's actually her smiling but I had to cut a lot of frames out to fit it. If someone who is really good with avatars help me out that'd be great. I just DL'd some free gif animator called easy gif animator.

You've got a cult following started here.

Soon we'll all be moving to a field house in Waco and worshiping floating busts of this mystery woman.

She's mesmerizing.....
Turn away, TURN AWAY!

King Nate
03-26-2006, 03:21 AM
You know you're a redneck if.....you laugh at their jokes.

Can't stand those guys, but then again, I'm not inbred.

Nice.

Dolfan984
03-26-2006, 03:31 AM
Ron White is the only relatively funny one of the 4. God Bob Engval makes me want to puke. Ron White's only problem is that he only has like a set and a half of jokes, so if you listen or watch different acts you'll hear like 2 maybe 3 new jokes.

lazareth
03-26-2006, 03:34 AM
so far i have seen nothing but questions of who she is (in more than one thread) and still am no closer to a name...

King Felix
03-26-2006, 04:47 AM
nah i like larry the cable guy.

GRAPEAPE
03-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Larry Not funny anymore, I thought he was the first time I saw The Blue collar comedy tour, but then you hear "Git-r-Done" 50,000 time and it definately wears on you.

Pagan
03-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Larry Not funny anymore, I thought he was the first time I saw The Blue collar comedy tour, but then you hear "Git-r-Done" 50,000 time and it definately wears on you.
Agree with that!

He does have one funny line in the commercial for his movie when he says to some woman, "You ever fart so hard you crack your back?" :lol:

FinsAreLife
03-26-2006, 10:59 AM
larry the cable guy is ok, i will tell you that bill engvall is hilarious, dont care what you say but he is, Ron White is pretty decent but i dont really like jeff foxworthy that much.....if youve ever listened to Brian Regan or Jon Pinette those guys are pretty good also.

FinsAreLife
03-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Also Pablo Francisco with his little tortilla boy

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/28395/the_amazing_pablo_francisco/

EDIT: thats just the movie part, he has alot of other parts to that one but there not on there for some reason.

FinFan72
03-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Git R Done!!!

:wink:

ih8brady
03-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Larry is bad and Jeff Foxworthy is about as much fun as a Colonoscopy.

FinFan72
03-26-2006, 11:28 AM
Larry and Ron White are the best with Foxworthy a distant 2nd:D

FLOUNDER
03-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Why do you think only rednecks think they're funny

That's a very stupid comment there...

I think Bill Engville is my favoriteand Ron White in a close second, foxworthy isint to bad. But im not a big fan of Larry the Cable Guy

FinFan72
03-26-2006, 12:01 PM
I think Bill Engville is my favoriteand Ron White in a close second, foxworthy isint to bad. But im not a big fan of Larry the Cable Guy
:yes:

FinsNCanes
03-27-2006, 12:27 AM

Did you happen to look in the audience? I know when I watch Kings of Comedy or something I see all kinds of people. In their shows I see...rednecks. Well, maybe all aren't "rednecks" but they are damn close enough. You would have to almost have to imagine most are considering that's what it all relates to for the most part.

Jimmy James
03-27-2006, 01:21 AM
Did you happen to look in the audience? I know when I watch Kings of Comedy or something I see all kinds of people. In their shows I see...rednecks. Well, maybe all aren't "rednecks" but they are damn close enough. You would have to almost have to imagine most are considering that's what it all relates to for the most part.

This just goes to show that rednecks are one of the three types of people it is still considered appropriate to make ridiculous sweeping statements about without being called ignorant.

King Felix
03-27-2006, 05:00 AM
i actually see "normal" ppl in the crowd.

King Felix
03-27-2006, 05:01 AM
This just goes to show that rednecks are one of the three types of people it is still considered appropriate to make ridiculous sweeping statements about without being called ignorant.

:yeahthat:

Pagan
03-27-2006, 07:59 AM
larry the cable guy is ok, i will tell you that bill engvall is hilarious, dont care what you say but he is, Ron White is pretty decent but i dont really like jeff foxworthy that much.....if youve ever listened to Brian Regan or Jon Pinette those guys are pretty good also.

Also Pablo Francisco with his little tortilla boy
Dude! Three of my currents favorites! I saw Pinette at Bananas in Poughkeepsie, front table, and nearly wet myself!

'YOU GO NOW!" :lol:

Regan is friggin' hilarious, and Pablo, oh man...when he does his ex-girlfriend catfighting my sides hurt!

"Tortilla Boy" :roflmao:

"Listen to me....listen to me NOW! They're trying to take MY TORTILLAS!" :rofl3:

FLOUNDER
03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
There are more than just redneck people in the crowd. You used the Kings of comedy for example. You saw mostly african american people in the crowd because thats who the comedians related to the most..

You see rednecks and people like that in the crowd because those people can realate to the comedians. Has it ever crossed you mind people actually might think there funny?

Gonzo
03-27-2006, 06:40 PM
I won't get into social differences, I just don't find any of them funny. I also don't find Hughley funny. It's all a matter of personal taste. I really can't stand catch-phrase type humor that is the basis of a whole schtick (such as you know you are a redneck... and git'er done :barf: )

d-day
03-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I won't get into social differences, I just don't find any of them funny. I also don't find Hughley funny. It's all a matter of personal taste. I really can't stand catch-phrase type humor that is the basis of a whole schtick (such as you know you are a redneck... and git'er done :barf: )

especially when you been weened on richard pryor, eddie murphy's delirious and raw etc.

Gonzo
03-27-2006, 06:49 PM
especially when you been weened on richard pryor, eddie murphy's delirious and raw etc.

:yes:

Prime
03-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Larry does get old with his jokes, but he is still funny has hell sometimes. I don't really much care for the other three one bit.

FinsNCanes
03-27-2006, 10:44 PM
There are more than just redneck people in the crowd. You used the Kings of comedy for example. You saw mostly african american people in the crowd because thats who the comedians related to the most..

You see rednecks and people like that in the crowd because those people can realate to the comedians. Has it ever crossed you mind people actually might think there funny?

I thought that's what I explained but maybe I didn't..:confused:

FLOUNDER
03-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Who knows?

Oh well, Bob Sagget

TerryTate
03-28-2006, 02:19 AM
Dialogue with my ex-gf, who works at a movie theatre near where Larry was before he went big:

exGF: Larry the cable guy came to see his movie at my theatre last night
Me: Larry is actually from Sanford, he was a radio DJ in this orlando area, the extra-rednecky stuff he does is somewhat of an act
exGF: yeah i know
exGF: he called yesterday afternoon and i talked to him...but i thought it was a prank call so i was kinda rude to him lol...then he showed up later and i was like oh crap lol
exGF: LMAO
Me: ouch

Dolfan984
03-28-2006, 02:30 AM

Richard Pryor :bob: :bob:

Best ever