PDA

View Full Version : Alright what should I do...

Majpain
03-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Thinking about getting a job and saving up for the following.

$1500-$2000 gaming PC

Xbox 360

PS3

Kinda stuck on what getting : /

Though if Ps3 has free online play then forget about the xbox 360.AS it stands now I wouldnt get the 360 for online play.

Agent51
03-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Thinking about getting a job and saving up for the following.

$1500-$2000 gaming PC

Xbox 360

PS3

Kinda stuck on what getting : /

Though if Ps3 has free online play then forget about the xbox 360.AS it stands now I wouldnt get the 360 for online play.

well which appeas to you more? There doesn't seem like a straight X or Y answer here because there are a number of variables. What type of games do you like to play the most? Which platform (XBox or PC) has the better selection of those games. Do you prefer kicking back on a couch/bed etc while playing or do you like sitting in the chair close to the screen all night? How does the price of games compare to their quality? With the 360 most are $60 while I'm not sure the price of new PC games compared to that, as I am not a PC gamer, I DO know that you can "acquire" PC games for much less, if ya get my drift :wink: . You also have to think that the 360 just came out and games will contiune to get more amazing for years to come as the system's power is used more and all the developers have the exact same hardware and specs to work with, so you KNOW the game will run the same on your machine as it will everyone elses, and as it was intended to, because everyone's 360 is the same. With a PC it seems like new hardware comes out every month so games that come out today may run on your PC but games that come out next year or the year after may not without being upgraded or running it at the "minimum" requirments which sacrafices graphics and maybe sound which could ultimate sacrafice gameplay and quality. This depends on the types of games you play. For instance sports games don't seem like they'd suck as much graphic/computing power as a game like Oblivion, or other RPG/Adventure games which have MANY more things to process graphically, and gameplay-wise, than a sports game. Tat's definately something to consider also. If you are looking at a $1,500-2,000 PC why not shop around to cut $400-500 off the PC price and get both? I know building your own PCs (buying the case and all the components seperately) can be MUCH much cheaper than buying a "prefab" one from a company like Dell or someone, so maybe Build your own for around $1,500 then spend the other $500, whcich WOULD have went to your $2,000 PC, on a 360 and your first game. After taxes on the sysem and the game it should be close to $500 for the premium system package and then you have the best of both worlds for the amount of money you were willing to spend on one or the other.

Majpain
03-27-2006, 01:40 AM
Great post.

Well I like PC and consoles

Consoles-Sport titles,Fighting games,action games

PC-Shooters,Stratgey,RPG and adventure.

I much rather kickback on a couch or bed than sit in front of a comp.But as it stands right now FPS are great on a PC.Also the PC I have right now ive had for 4-5 years and has outdated graphics and needs more ram which may cost under 700 bucks.I got alot out of this PC and now thinking would it be better to upgrade some stuff than buy a $1500-$2000 PC.

I will have to think about this more.I was also thinking of getting Vista when it comes out since its coming with Directx 10.

Phinz420
03-27-2006, 01:59 PM
I just recently came into the same situation. I was deciding on buying a 360 or dishing out extra cash for the high end gaming PC, I must say I am not disapointed at all in my end decision. In total I ended up spending $1500 on the PC and another $350 for my monitor and its worth every penny to me. I had been gaming on old hardware for far too long and it is sure nice to finally get quality images without slowing down my pc any.

My rig
CPU - AMD 4200x2 Dual Core
Video- XFX Nvidia 7800GT
Mem- 2GB PC-3200
Mobo- ASUS A8N-SLI, 580W Power Supply
Monitor- Viewsonic VX922 2ms 19" LCD

saves
03-27-2006, 02:44 PM
ps3 for some MADDEN action!

Phin-o-rama
03-27-2006, 03:48 PM
PC > all

but i will be most likely purchasing a ps3 or 360...only because of my entertainment center setup all it really needs is a phat gaming system with wireless controllers then its set....already have 57" hdtv, and dolby 5.1 surround sound....

but my pc will still keep up with both new consoles.....PLUS for FPS's like counterstrike i couldn't stand playing w/o a mouse/keyboard combo...its soooo much better

Majpain
03-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Well because I bring this up.This is the last year 07 will be on the current console I have.It would be great to get a next gen syestem if the PS3 has free online then I'm sold.

I might just upgrade the PC then just get a next gen console.Phin what servers you play on CSS?

SirDrums
03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
You can do a lot more with a PC than an XBOX. Consider that.

Phin-o-rama
03-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Well because I bring this up.This is the last year 07 will be on the current console I have.It would be great to get a next gen syestem if the PS3 has free online then I'm sold.

I might just upgrade the PC then just get a next gen console.Phin what servers you play on CSS?

very little now thanks to World of warcraft.....but i used to play alot of the custom map servers and stuff...also HL2: DM is pretty sweet, i like the TFC style maps the custom servers use...

anyone here know TFC?? (Team Fortress Classic)....damn i played that alot...

Majpain
03-27-2006, 07:04 PM
I bought HL2 because of single player and mods that are coming out.

SirDrums
03-27-2006, 10:04 PM
I played a lot of TFC a few years back, I even played the leaked version b4 it was officially released by valve. That was b4 the CS craze hit.

unifiedtheory
03-27-2006, 11:57 PM
You can get a kick *** PC for under $1000.00. Build your own and then buy a console...

Majpain
03-28-2006, 01:47 AM
Well scratch out Xbox360 PS3 is having free multiplayer.I'm sold.