PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my new PSP!!!

banzaitrey
03-27-2006, 03:23 AM
I just ordered a PSP off of Ebay...I got all of the accesories..The 2.60 Version with Usb Cable and all of that good stuff...My first game will definatly be Madden 06 and maybe MVP baseball,Nba live 06, and the new Fifa World Cup coming out in April...Does anyone on here have one and help me with mine when i get it

King Felix
03-27-2006, 03:33 AM
how much did ya pay?

banzaitrey
03-27-2006, 03:36 AM
It was 202.05 with shipping included

King Felix
03-27-2006, 03:44 AM
nice.........if it was me i wuold wait and buy madden 07.

banzaitrey
03-27-2006, 04:00 AM
I may just get Nba Live 06 and Fight Night and play those until I find some more games...Do you have one?

King Felix
03-27-2006, 04:24 AM
nah. i play my friends quite a bit tho.

King Felix
03-27-2006, 04:25 AM
gta liberty cites is very fun.

nevadadolfan
03-27-2006, 05:59 PM
I have an idea on what you should do with it when you get it , ship it to me and I will test out all its features and any games you want and let you know how it works. All for free, no charge for my time!!!!! Ha Ha kidding of course, I plan on getting one also, so keep posting anything new and usefull regarding your new toy.

Miami 13
03-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I suggest NOT getting Madden has it is a pretty bad game with many glitches and bugs on the PSP.
Some games I suggest are...
1.) GTA: Liberty City Stories (Best PSP Game Available IMO)
2.) Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (Incredible game! AWESOME single player and great multiplayer.)
3.) Burnout Legends (Really really fun racing game)

AquaInferno
03-28-2006, 06:49 PM
I just got a PSP too. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8271604590&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

I took Madden 06 and Socom as my 2 free games. I'm a Madden freak and I read it's buggy but oh well, worst case scenario I'll trade it in for $5 off Metal Gear Acid. I won't be able to wait to start hacking this thing. Can anyone point me to a good PSP hacker site?

Prime Time
03-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Live sucks. Get NBA 2K6...

banzaitrey
03-29-2006, 12:15 AM
I just got a PSP too. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8271604590&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

I took Madden 06 and Socom as my 2 free games. I'm a Madden freak and I read it's buggy but oh well, worst case scenario I'll trade it in for $5 off Metal Gear Acid. I won't be able to wait to start hacking this thing. Can anyone point me to a good PSP hacker site? Cool thats where I got mine for 180...But i got all the accesories and better card and case and what not...What do you mean by hacking it? J/W

AquaInferno
03-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Cool thats where I got mine for 180...But i got all the accesories and better card and case and what not...What do you mean by hacking it? J/W

From what I've read there's MAD things a PSP can do, play divx movies, connect to a TV, stuff like that. Also there's emulators for the PSP and I hear the games can be played multiplayer, now that's kickass. Any little modification I can do to this PSP I will do. I wanna get a white skin for it, so I can feel I got one of them pretty ceramic ones. Too bad those only play Japanese UMDs or I'd have one. :mad:

banzaitrey
03-29-2006, 01:47 PM
From what I've read there's MAD things a PSP can do, play divx movies, connect to a TV, stuff like that. Also there's emulators for the PSP and I hear the games can be played multiplayer, now that's kickass. Any little modification I can do to this PSP I will do. I wanna get a white skin for it, so I can feel I got one of them pretty ceramic ones. Too bad those only play Japanese UMDs or I'd have one. :mad:Cool...I havnt ever really tried hacking anything...Id be scared that Id mess it up and It would be worthless...

AquaInferno
03-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Cool...I havnt ever really tried hacking anything...Id be scared that Id mess it up and It would be worthless...

Yeah be careful on adding homebrew software to the PSP I hear on psp-vault.com that those can make your PSP become a brick (A wortless rectangular object) If you don't know what you're doing it's best to stick with UMDs

burton87
03-29-2006, 04:57 PM
The downside of hacking your PSPs' is you have to stay at your old firmwire.

You can't upgrade to 2.60 (meaning you can't play the psp's newest games; syphon filter, daxter etc...) you have to stay downgraded untill hackers figure out the lastest firmwire.

Anyways...
The best game on PSP: Lumines

I've been through almost every game at one point or another, and Lumies is the only game that really keeps my attention. See if you can find it for a discount price, as it was a launch title.

banzaitrey
03-29-2006, 05:48 PM
My Psp already has the 2.60 when it comes in I believe...I have a question...It is coming with the usb cable and if I want to transfer songs from like Imesh to my Psp do I have to d/l anything extra or change them to a different kind of file and also what about if I download movies to it...

AquaInferno
03-29-2006, 07:02 PM
My Psp already has the 2.60 when it comes in I believe...I have a question...It is coming with the usb cable and if I want to transfer songs from like Imesh to my Psp do I have to d/l anything extra or change them to a different kind of file and also what about if I download movies to it...

You may wanna get a 1 GB memory card if you wanna play divx movies on that. This is the cheapest you can get one that works great on PSPs according to everyone's review: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820191423

I just bought one so hopefully it and my PSP show up on the same day.

banzaitrey
03-30-2006, 11:37 PM
I just got it in today...Its the coolest thing ive ever seen...Much less owned...I love it already and I dont even have my games in yet...