PDA

View Full Version : completyl random thought

andysanchelima
03-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Does anyone think that V.Young will turn into a WR kinda like Matt Jones maybe i am crazy lol (just a thought):dolphins:

Troysif
03-27-2006, 04:32 PM
no

GRYPHONK
03-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Does anyone think that V.Young will turn into a WR kinda like Matt Jones maybe i am crazy lol (just a thought):dolphins:

I don't think so.

But some sports show did mention that was a possibility. I think it was just more of a what if scenario then possible. BUt you never know, Matt Jones did well last year.

usf dolfan23
03-27-2006, 04:40 PM

It's possible but isn't he a bit on the slow side for a reciever?

FinNasty
03-27-2006, 04:41 PM

I think its his best shot at succeeding in the NFL...

FinNasty
03-27-2006, 04:41 PM
It's possible but isn't he a bit on the slow side for a reciever?

Not for his size...

34isback
03-27-2006, 04:44 PM
after that Rose Bowl, hes pretty good at qb

usf dolfan23
03-27-2006, 04:53 PM
after that Rose Bowl, hes pretty good at qb
The "first read then run" technique doesn't work as well in the NFL...

Atila
03-27-2006, 05:10 PM
works for mike vick =)

plus, young runs a 4.6 40yd, which isnt bad but def not ideal for a wr...plus he is less athletic and a better qb than matt jones.

InSabanWeTrust1
03-27-2006, 05:18 PM
atila no it doesnt. what has vick accomplished?........exactly the falcons would be better with schaub. seriously.

nopony
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM
No. He may run trick plays as a wide-out... particularly as he grooms for the QB position...

But people who think Young is going to fail at the next level as a qb are kidding themselves a bit, I think.

Could he fail? Sure, every single person in the draft could. D'Brickshaw could.

But he doesn't have much more chance of failing than Cutler. And his upside is through the roof.

InSabanWeTrust1
03-27-2006, 05:20 PM
i hate to say it like this...but if you look at the recent african american qbs that tend to run none have won championships. mcnabb, vick, c-pep, mcnair. they've been close but none of them has accomplished it with their style yet. having said that, C-Pep is going to be the first with the fins :). he has a running game unlike mcnabb, stronger arm then vick, younger then mcnair, hes the complete package b/c he can throw downfield And when necessary will run the ball to get the first and get out of bounds.

inFINSible
03-27-2006, 05:30 PM
How about keeping your completely random thoughts in the proper forum, please and thank you. :)

SCall13
03-27-2006, 05:31 PM

No, but he probably should, IMO.

phinpunk14
03-27-2006, 05:32 PM
How about keeping your completely random thoughts in the proper forum, please and thank you. :)

Owned.

playmaker1
03-27-2006, 06:34 PM
I dont think so. He will be an ok QB, just will have to learn to stay in the pocket and let the play develope

Psychosikes
03-27-2006, 08:33 PM
how is this a completely random thought?

popularwar
03-27-2006, 08:41 PM
i hate to say it like this...but if you look at the recent african american qbs that tend to run none have won championships. mcnabb, vick, c-pep, mcnair. they've been close but none of them has accomplished it with their style yet. having said that, C-Pep is going to be the first with the fins :). he has a running game unlike mcnabb, stronger arm then vick, younger then mcnair, hes the complete package b/c he can throw downfield And when necessary will run the ball to get the first and get out of bounds.
Considering only one african-american QB has ever won a super bowl, that's not a very astute obersavtion. Running has nothing to do with winning championships, it could be your greatest asset or your worst enemy, if a running QB is developed into a solid passer he can be incredible. Just look at Steve Young.

Retnuhrace
03-27-2006, 10:16 PM

Can't you read? It's actually his completyl random thought. :D