PDA

View Full Version : Mom shackles daughter who played hooky

BAMAPHIN 22
03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Authorities are investigating allegations that a Massachusetts woman shackled her 14-year-old daughter in chains to teach her a lesson for skipping school.

The 37-year-old mother of four, whose name was not released, told police the same chain-and-shackle technique had proved effective with a truant son several years earlier.

“She was saying that more parents should do this because of the problems with kids today,” Blackstone Detective Wayne Mowry said. :eek:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11072379/

dominizzo
03-27-2006, 05:47 PM
What a sick women!! Theres ways to handle a kid

Buddwalk
03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Thats just sick :shakeno:

Miamian
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes, this was an extreme reaction, but it's unclear whether there was a pattern of truancy. It should be noted that the State didn't take the daughter away because there's no evidence of abuse or neglect. What is troubling is that the article implies that the mother shackled her daughter in public, which is a potentially humiliating action.

It wasn't very long ago that children were paddled and even whipped in school. Practices like those may have had adverse reactions on the kids but nowadays we're too lenient.

NJFINSFAN1
03-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes, this was an extreme reaction, but it's unclear whether there was a pattern of truancy. It should be noted that the State didn't take the daughter away because there's no evidence of abuse or neglect. What is troubling is that the article implies that the mother shackled her daughter in public, which is a potentially humiliating action.

It wasn't very long ago that children were paddled and even whipped in school. Practices like those may have had adverse reactions on the kids but nowadays we're too lenient.

Back when I was young, I got hit in the head with a chalk eraser by a nun, man she could hit an ant from 20 feet away. Just one big cloud of dust, and yes, I was screwing around. And they use to also bring the pointing stick out for some knuckle whacks!

I would be pissed if that happened to my kid, but back then, it was the norm!

d-day
03-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Back when I was young, I got hit in the head with a chalk eraser by a nun, man she could hit an ant from 20 feet away. Just one big cloud of dust, and yes, I was screwing around. And they use to also bring the pointing stick out for some knuckle whacks!

I would be pissed if that happened to my kid, but back then, it was the norm!

Does anyone have a mother that would hit you with a shoe? I had a mother that would throw a shoe at you at the drop of a dime. And **** you up wherever she was aiming. So by the time I was like ten, my mother was like Clint Eastwood with a shoe...

NJFINSFAN1
03-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Does anyone have a mother that would hit you with a shoe? I had a mother that would throw a shoe at you at the drop of a dime. And **** you up wherever she was aiming. So by the time I was like ten, my mother was like Clint Eastwood with a shoe...

Wooden spoon!!!!!!!! Man I still can't use one!!!:eek:

Buddwalk
03-27-2006, 06:27 PM

Dude my mom did the same thing...i swear those shoes had like boomerang like abilities they'd go all the way up in my room, knock on my door and when I opened bam :lol:

Noodle Arm
03-27-2006, 06:29 PM
After reading the whole article..am I the only one who finds nothing wrong with this story?

NJFINSFAN1
03-27-2006, 06:32 PM
After reading the whole article..am I the only one who finds nothing wrong with this story?

I think kids get away with murder (So to speak) these days. Man has times changed!

As D-Day said, getting hit with shoes, as I said in school, the nuns hitting you with erasers and pointer sticks.

I really feel kids do lack discipline in this day an age. I'm not saying beating them is a good thing, but sometimes the wooden spoon is needed!:wink:

FinFan72
03-27-2006, 06:36 PM
I can see her point but still it was a little overboard

ShaqandWade323
03-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Well, it's not like she kept her daughter trapped in a pitch black basement with no food to eat and telling her, "it puts the lotion on..".

lazareth
03-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Does anyone have a mother that would hit you with a shoe? I had a mother that would throw a shoe at you at the drop of a dime. And **** you up wherever she was aiming. So by the time I was like ten, my mother was like Clint Eastwood with a shoe... please tell me that story about aunt bunny while you are at it... :rolleyes:

lazareth
03-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I think kids get away with murder (So to speak) these days. Man has times changed!

As D-Day said, getting hit with shoes, as I said in school, the nuns hitting you with erasers and pointer sticks.

I really feel kids do lack discipline in this day an age. I'm not saying beating them is a good thing, but sometimes the wooden spoon is needed!:wink:
yeah...until my mom got tired of breaking them on my *** :lol:

then she waited til dad got home and had him do it, with his belt :cry:

ILPhinFan88
03-27-2006, 08:40 PM
yeah...until my mom got tired of breaking them on my *** :lol:

then she waited til dad got home and had him do it, with his belt :cry:

Or the cherry tree switch, they don't break

tucker
03-27-2006, 09:32 PM
lol...i found it funny

Timmy54
03-27-2006, 10:06 PM
AWWW tie her butt up, she needs to keep going to class or she will be a hoe on the corner.

by the way, worst i ever got it as a kid was when i called my dad "buddy". that didnt go over well. lol

wazzy
03-27-2006, 10:18 PM
I think she went a little overboard but kids are getting away with a lot lately im 17 myself and i agree things have changed!

Miamian
03-28-2006, 01:57 AM

I would be pissed if that happened to my kid, but back then, it was the norm!My high-school Latin teacher was famous for that. However, sometimes his students would throw the erasers back at him. He wore a suit jacket every day with white dust.