PDA

View Full Version : Is J.J. Redick Overrated?

BAMAPHIN 22
03-27-2006, 06:10 PM
J.J. Redick of Duke and Adam Morrison of Gonzaga spent all season locked in a bicoastal scoring race. Fittingly, they ended it as the only unanimous selections for The Associated Press' All-America men's basketball team.

Redick, the most prolific 3-point scorer in college history, was a repeat choice. He and Morrison were joined on the first team Monday by Redick's teammate Shelden Williams, Randy Foye of Villanova and Brandon Roy, Washington's first All-America in 53 years.

Redick and Morrison gave fans a "Can you top this?" scoring competition that ended with both receiving all 72 first-team votes from members of the national media panel that selects the weekly Top 25. The voting took place before the NCAA tournament.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/ncaa/03/27/bc.bkc.apall.america.ap/index.html

After Duke lost to LSU, I'm not sure if redick is ready for the NBA? What are your thoughts?

djfresh47
03-27-2006, 11:50 PM
As a college basketball player he wasn't overrated. I think he'll have to be a role player in the league and will have a tough time starting for most teams; though alot of great college players aren't great pros.

Alex44
03-27-2006, 11:53 PM
He will be great coming off screens, and shooting the ball

Other than that I dont see anything in him that will make him a great all around player.......probally a 6th man that comes off the bench when a team needs a spark

wazzy
03-27-2006, 11:59 PM
I think it will all depends on how well he improves his awareness at NBA level. If he can go with the flow of the game right away and can make that extra pass to find the open man and create space for him to get his shot off. He will be a great player and if he struggles at these things he will be definately be coming off the bench until he can improve those aspects of his game.

NJFINSFAN1
03-28-2006, 12:01 AM
He will be a bench player with a good shot. Morrison will be a better pro.

Alex44
03-28-2006, 12:03 AM
He will be a bench player with a good shot. Morrison will be a better pro.

I dont think either of them is gonna be all that great, truthfully I like Redick as a player more because he will bury that shot in someones face and be quick off screens

Maybe Im biased against Morrisons Mustache though :lol:

King Felix
03-28-2006, 12:06 AM
he is overrated a tad bit, but he is a very good college player.

Buddwalk
03-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Depends where they go in the draft...overrated for college no way, how can you be overrated and scored 25+ ppg...Simply you cant, but as a pro like I said depends where they go

Morrison goes to the bobcats as a rookie could have him putting down 15-20 ppg, Reddick goes somewhere that really needs a 3 point shooter maybe The Hornets, with a nucleus that includes chris paul setting him up, you could see reddick putting up numbers very similiar.

King Felix
03-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Depends where they go in the draft...overrated for college no way, how can you be overrated and scored 25+ ppg...Simply you cant, but as a pro like I said depends where they go

Morrison goes to the bobcats as a rookie could have him putting down 15-20 ppg, Reddick goes somewhere that really needs a 3 point shooter maybe The Hornets, with a nucleus that includes chris paul setting him up, you could see reddick putting up numbers very similiar.

i doubt he drops that far.

Buddwalk
03-28-2006, 12:35 AM
i doubt he drops that far.

They have 2 first round picks they could easily jump into the top 10 and take a shot at reddick

King Felix
03-28-2006, 12:40 AM
maybe.

Roman529
03-28-2006, 12:43 AM
JJ is greatly overrated like most guys coming out of Duke who end up not amounting to much as pros. LSU completely shut him down.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
03-28-2006, 12:53 AM
every team could use a shooter like him in some way or another. i guess as a pure player he's overrated.

byroan
03-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah he's overrated. Taller players shut him down all the time. Jackie Manuel consistently shut him down. Manuel isn't even good enough for the NBA, he plays for the Fayetteville Patriots in the NBDL.

dominizzo
03-28-2006, 01:22 AM
hes the next Chris CArrawell or Trajaon LAngdon

dominizzo
03-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Adam Morrison is the next Bryant Reeves AKA Big Country

phunwin
03-28-2006, 11:36 AM
How has nyjunc not polluted this thread yet? I'm shocked. Shocked and appalled. :)

At this point, you know what you're getting with Redick: he's a very good shooter who will struggle some against taller, more athletic players. It looks like he'll probably never be a starter, but there's definitely a role for him. I've said this before, but there's no reason he can't have a solid, Dell Curry-like career where he comes off the bench as a 6th or 7th man, and knocks down some open jumpers. If Redick goes to a team that has a big low post presence, he'll do that well. If he's relied upon to create his own shot consistently, he'll struggle.

He'd be ideal on a team like San Antonio, Miami or Houston.

MARINO1384
03-28-2006, 06:16 PM
He mos likely won't be a star but look for a steve kerr type career never the main player but an overall good shooter that can make game changeing shots.

Majpain
03-29-2006, 02:16 AM
Yes he is.Has no defense what so ever not even that fast.I also like his what 11 points vs LSU.So much for NCAA all-times scorer.

nyjunc
03-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Of course he was overrated, I have been preaching this for a coupleof years now. He scored more than others b/c he shot alot more, his %s were average and he never hit a GW shot and never showed up come Tourney time.

nyjunc
03-29-2006, 07:38 AM
How has nyjunc not polluted this thread yet? I'm shocked. Shocked and appalled.

You'd think I wouldn't need to say anymore as all I have been saying the last 2 years has been proven true.

He mos likely won't be a star but look for a steve kerr type career never the main player but an overall good shooter that can make game changeing shots.

I always see this comparison but keep in mind w/ 1 yr of the 3 pt shot in College Kerr shot 57% from 3 while JJ had by far his best year this year and shot 42%.

DMarino52091
03-30-2006, 08:23 PM
yeah and he crys more then my baby sister