PDA

View Full Version : ernie sims

frady2001
03-27-2006, 08:45 PM
i was wondering what people think about this guy? i had a few classes w/ him and he seemed to be a pretty stand up guy and he is a great linebacker, and young too. he is extremely fast, though he is the size of a safety so that might be an issue in NFL. what round is he predicted to go in? how are our needs at linebacker or possibly safety (i think he would be a better safety in NFL).

motioncityhifi
03-27-2006, 08:50 PM
he is going to be a linebacker in the nfl imo. i think he would be a great pickup for us. he is kind of short but he has a 41in vertical leap like boomer has been saying which makes up for the lack of height alittle bit. very fast and athletic

Whitedolphin54
03-27-2006, 08:53 PM
i was wondering what people think about this guy? i had a few classes w/ him and he seemed to be a pretty stand up guy and he is a great linebacker, and young too. he is extremely fast, though he is the size of a safety so that might be an issue in NFL. what round is he predicted to go in? how are our needs at linebacker or possibly safety (i think he would be a better safety in NFL).

If we dont pick up Arrington, I see him as a serious contender to the the #1 pick, along with Greenway.

Disgustipate
03-27-2006, 08:53 PM
He's too small to play the OLB position we have open.

We've got plenty of smaller ILBs, the position he would end up playing.

We're not drafting Ernie Sims. Bookmark it.

Whitedolphin54
03-27-2006, 08:55 PM
He's too small to play the OLB position we have open.

We've got plenty of smaller ILBs, the position he would end up playing.

We're not drafting Ernie Sims. Bookmark it.

I'd prefer Greenway, but I wouldn't rule him out shag

Kthurmus23
03-27-2006, 08:58 PM
I have liked Sims for awhile, if we don't get Arrington, then I would be happy with either him or Greenway.

FRESHNESS
03-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Sims wont be around at 16. Id love to have him here, but unlikely without trading up.

Geforce
03-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Sims is somewhat of a Derrick Brooks clone. They are about the same height and build. Put both in space where they can best utilize their speed and they excel.

frady2001
03-27-2006, 11:31 PM
i honestly dont see him as a linebacker. he plays the position well in colege but he is very skinny. i mean the guy plays big, but he is not that big. idunno, im no expert or anywhere close, but w/ his speed and vision i would love to see him as a blitzing olb or preferably a safety.

and is he really that high to not be around at 16? wow, i was thinking he would be in second round somewhere.

i like him because he wouldnt cause us any trouble off the field (there was a bogus domestic charge that his g/f spoke out against saying it was false) and he has been a great leader on the field at fsu.

Geforce
03-27-2006, 11:50 PM
i honestly dont see him as a linebacker. he plays the position well in colege but he is very skinny. i mean the guy plays big, but he is not that big. idunno, im no expert or anywhere close, but w/ his speed and vision i would love to see him as a blitzing olb or preferably a safety.

and is he really that high to not be around at 16? wow, i was thinking he would be in second round somewhere.

i like him because he wouldnt cause us any trouble off the field (there was a bogus domestic charge that his g/f spoke out against saying it was false) and he has been a great leader on the field at fsu.
When a 230 pound LB is called skinny you know something is wrong. :lol:

PSU Cane
03-28-2006, 12:43 AM
He's talented, but very raw. He has a lot to learn yet. He overruns a lot of plays b/c he is overly aggressive and very fast. He doesn't get off blocks well enough yet either. Sims is the type of LB that needs to play in the right system. He is an attack first LB. He won't work well in a system early on in his career where he has to sit back and read/react. That will only come with more experience. I thought he would have been best suited to go back for another year and come out as the #1 LB next year.

Geforce
03-28-2006, 02:20 AM
He's talented, but very raw. He has a lot to learn yet. He overruns a lot of plays b/c he is overly aggressive and very fast. He doesn't get off blocks well enough yet either. Sims is the type of LB that needs to play in the right system. He is an attack first LB. He won't work well in a system early on in his career where he has to sit back and read/react. That will only come with more experience. I thought he would have been best suited to go back for another year and come out as the #1 LB next year.
Umm...Sims is a senior. He doesn't have any college eligibility left.
His speed and aggression are his two biggest assets and will only enchance his ability to make plays at the next level. Sure teams will try to exploit that but they do that off all rookies. As far as getting off blocks, that is only true if the one blocking him is an OL.

playmaker1
03-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Depends on if we land LaVar. If we don't, Id rather Lawson or Carpenter. Simms is good, just a little small

PSU Cane
03-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Wrong Geforce, he was only a junior this year.

firestorm
03-28-2006, 10:34 AM
I prefer Chad Greenway but before pick Sims i select Demeco Ryans, is a great player with a lot of intangibles, he will get a great impact immediately. Ryans, in my opinion, is underrated for his speed...

Boomer
03-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Will someone explain to me how a 236lb linebacker is skinny? He has MONSTER arms and shoulders.

As for us not drafting him, I know that we had a significant amount of interest in him at the FSU pro day. Depending on how the concussions check out, he is a prime cut NFL linebacker and a player that has played both the Will and the Strong side and can man either spot in our defense.

Geforce
03-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Wrong Geforce, he was only a junior this year.
My bad...the publication page I was reading had him listed as a senior.

RonnieB23
03-28-2006, 01:04 PM
I honestly don't know much about him, but the knock on him is the number of concussion he suffered, and given the number of contact a lb is involved, that's gotta to hurt his stock.

Boomer
03-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I honestly don't know much about him, but the knock on him is the number of concussion he suffered, and given the number of contact a lb is involved, that's gotta to hurt his stock.

He's actually only had 1 concussion. Rumours of another in practice, but the only game he missed was against Duke for a concussion, so it's doubtful it's going to be a huge issue.