PDA

View Full Version : Ever found a movie blooper?

SCall13
03-27-2006, 09:07 PM
You won't believe how many mistakes are in some of our favorite movies. Check them out....

http://www.moviemistakes.com/

unifiedtheory
03-27-2006, 09:17 PM
There is a ton of screw up's in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

SCall13
03-27-2006, 09:19 PM
There is a ton of screw up's in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

It's funny how some of the best movies, made by the best directors and producers and are high on the all time money grossing list, are the same movies that have the most screw ups. Granted most of the big block busters are huge productions and have more potential for error, but it's funny to see what the editors and company let slide.

Rocky Raccoon
03-27-2006, 09:22 PM
It's funny how some of the best movies, made by the best directors and producers and are high on the all time money grossing list, are the same movies that have the most screw ups. Granted most of the big block busters are huge productions and have more potential for error, but it's funny to see what the editors and company let slide.

Honestly though, I am looking at some of the errors it has for some of my favorite movies, and I never caught any of them at all.

d-day
03-27-2006, 09:24 PM
there's a bunch in pee wee's big adventure but i'm sure they left them in on purpose - like whens he's pulling the chains out of his bike basket and you can see the chain coming through the hole at the bottom - tim burtons best movie if you ask me - funny as **** but there's a real dark quality to it

cnc66
03-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Mars Attacks!... A very good Burton, one of my favorites, the damned sedways are as funny as any in the movies.

SCall13
03-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Honestly though, I am looking at some of the errors it has for some of my favorite movies, and I never caught any of them at all.

I have caught a few before. But man, there are a lot. It shows that some people have too much time on their hands and just sit in front of movies looking for mistakes.
I'll go back and look at movies that these bloopers are in. I see a lot of them, but some, even though it's supposedly there, i still can't see it.

DolphinDevil28
03-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Very intruiging one in Shawshank Redemption.

After Andy escapes through the hole in the prison wall, the poster that covers it is perfectly sealed on all four corners.

Celtkin
03-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Wizard of Oz. Dorothy, coming off the recent loss of her own reality, fallen from the sky onto a witch with a house.

Emotionally desperate and surrounded by midgets, she asks the one person she thinks she can trust how to get home. The good witch tells her that she has to "follow the yellow brick road' and ask the only person (Wizard) who can give her the answer, knowing that she will face flying monkeys and an evil witch hell-bent on stopping her journey.

She trudges through many more dangers and faces unbelievable fear for one so young.

She finally arrives to eventually have the same 'good witch' point at the same shoes she inherited from witch she had accidently killed, and told her that she had that power all the time to return home.

I would have killed the *****

Quelonio
03-27-2006, 09:48 PM
I read once that overtly popular movies have more mistakes listed simply because they create a cult, and so people see them over and over again, and end up finding more mistakes. While on more artsy or smaller films, it is not that they are free of mistakes, they actually have just as many (or more) it's just that not so many people go over them again and again to find these mistakes

cnc66
03-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Wizard of Oz. Dorothy, coming off the recent loss of her own reality, fallen from the sky onto a witch with a house.

Emotionally desperate and surrounded by midgets, she asks the one person she thinks she can trust how to get home. The good witch tells her that she has to "follow the yellow brick road' and ask the only person (Wizard) who can give her the answer, knowing that she will face flying monkeys and an evil witch hell-bent on stopping her journey.

She trudges through many more dangers and faces unbelievable fear for one so young.

She finally arrives to eventually have the same 'good witch' point at the same shoes she inherited from witch she had accidently killed, and told her that she had that power all the time to return home.

I would have killed the *****

didya know Buddy Ebson was the original Tin Man but the aluminum dust almost killed him. I have always wondered where he would have taken the character.

HysterikiLL
03-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Biggest blooper in cinema is Tom Cruise :chuckle:

But seriously, the one that used to get me is the helicopter in the bottom of the frame in The Shining in the opening scenes over Oregon mountain terrain. (I'm sure you've noticed this d-day amongst others). At first, it really ruined that movie for me and it always played in the back of my head when those terrifying scenes were playing, but after a while, a learnt that Kubrick is such a perfectionist and would have had the power to have the movie temoprarily pulled to fix it if he wished, it really illustrated that the detail was so minor, and somewhat even funny to Kubrick, that he kept it.

The actual story behind the blooper is pretty long, but it's grown on me to the point that I have never missed it when watching the movie, and it doesn't really bug me any more.

d-day
03-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Biggest blooper in cinema is Tom Cruise :chuckle:

But seriously, the one that used to get me is the helicopter in the bottom of the frame in The Shining in the opening scenes over Oregon mountain terrain. (I'm sure you've noticed this d-day amongst others). At first, it really ruined that movie for me and it always played in the back of my head when those terrifying scenes were playing, but after a while, a learnt that Kubrick is such a perfectionist and would have had the power to have the movie temoprarily pulled to fix it if he wished, it really illustrated that the detail was so minor, and somewhat even funny to Kubrick, that he kept it.

The actual story behind the blooper is pretty long, but it's grown on me to the point that I have never missed it when watching the movie, and it doesn't really bug me any more.

that one didn't bother me as much as not seeing jacks breath at the end of the movie when he was chasing danny through the maze - i mean he did freeze to death... :rolleyes:

damn you and that smilee nj!

Celtkin
03-27-2006, 10:07 PM
didya know Buddy Ebson was the original Tin Man but the aluminum dust almost killed him. I have always wondered where he would have taken the character.

I did know that but I never considered if it would have affected his career. That's an interesting thought.

HysterikiLL
03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
that one didn't bother me as much as not seeing jacks breath at the end of the movie when he was chasing danny through the maze - i mean he did freeze to death... :rolleyes:

damn you and that smilee nj!

Perhaps that could be perceived as complimentary to the lifelessness of Jack. Did he really die, or was his soul just frozen in eternity? Furthermore, was Jack even alive in the first place?, or just a living figmentation of the past torture and disaster that took place in the Overlook Hotel?

I'm going to watch that movie again right now

the shining :hump:

SCall13
03-27-2006, 10:11 PM

Yeah, they had to change the silver stuff from a powder to a cream. I've always wondered how good Ebson would have done as Tin Man.

Jimmy James
03-27-2006, 10:13 PM
This isn't exactly the same thing, but when I first saw the film Rushmore, the theater had spliced what I think was the 3rd reel behind the 4th reel (or maybe it was 2nd/3rd). It didn't change my enjoyment of the film, strangely enough. I was a little lost as to why the two main characters went from friends in one scene to trying to kill each other in the next, but the answer was apparent once the right reel played.

d-day
03-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Perhaps that could be perceived as complimentary to the lifelessness of Jack. Did he really die, or was his soul just frozen in eternity? Furthermore, was Jack even alive in the first place?, or just a living figmentation of the past torture and disaster that took place in the Overlook Hotel?

i always thought he was the re-incarnation of the original caretaker - he died - soul remains - and a new caretaker then would eventually be re-icarnated with that soul

thoughts?

HysterikiLL
03-27-2006, 10:28 PM
i always thought he was the re-incarnation of the original caretaker - he died - soul remains - and a new caretaker then would eventually be re-icarnated with that soul

thoughts?

Yeah, I agree. I think the spirit of that original caretaker (who was introduced as the waiter who spilt the drink on Jack) was spawned inside of Jack. I think the hotel was the source of the supernatural -- It wasn't so much that the caretaker was reincarnated inside of Jack specifically, but inside anyone who took upon the job at the Overlook, at the particular time. It was ultimately the Hotel that was doomed, thus the reason for the 'shining' that Danny and Scatman Crothers (whose screen name escapes me) could partake in. Danny's 'shining' was in turn, spawned from what events were to take place in the future.

Kubrick really entertained the idea of ESP and the kind of idea of preconceived events, like a path of life that was destined for torture in the realm of the Overlook.

Blitz
03-27-2006, 10:36 PM
there's a bunch in pee wee's big adventure but i'm sure they left them in on purpose - like whens he's pulling the chains out of his bike basket and you can see the chain coming through the hole at the bottom - tim burtons best movie if you ask me - funny as **** but there's a real dark quality to it

That's my favorite comedy. There are a lot of dark jokes in it that kids, and even many adults, won't pick up on.

d-day
03-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I agree. I think the spirit of that original caretaker (who was introduced as the waiter who spilt the drink on Jack) was spawned inside of Jack. I think the hotel was the source of the supernatural -- It wasn't so much that the caretaker was reincarnated inside of Jack specifically, but inside anyone who took upon the job at the Overlook, at the particular time. It was ultimately the Hotel that was doomed, thus the reason for the 'shining' that Danny and Scatman Crothers (whose screen name escapes me) could partake in. Danny's 'shining' was in turn, spawned from what events were to take place in the future.

Kubrick really entertained the idea of ESP and the kind of idea of preconceived events, like a path of life that was destined for torture in the realm of the Overlook.

well it wouldn't be re-incarnation if he just became possessed when he moved in the overlook - so was he possed or was he re-incarnated - at the beginning of the movie there was talk about him previously seperating danny's shoulder in a fit of rage... - mr hollerann, said some houses are like people they shine - not everyone can see but people who shine can see - jack ended up seeing my grady's dead wife in room 237 and eventually wendy saw some images at the end of the movie too - so maybe it was the "house" and not necessarily jacks possible re-incarnation... :hmmm:

FLOUNDER
03-27-2006, 11:43 PM
This one really gets me.

But in Indiana Jones and the last crusade, when there down under the library in the pretrolium or whatever it is where them guys catch it on fire. When it shows indiana under the water with his eyes open. He must be a tough mother to have his eyes open under water in pretrolium

HysterikiLL
03-28-2006, 12:13 AM
well it wouldn't be re-incarnation if he just became possessed when he moved in the overlook - so was he possed or was he re-incarnated - at the beginning of the movie there was talk about him previously seperating danny's shoulder in a fit of rage... - mr hollerann, said some houses are like people they shine - not everyone can see but people who shine can see - jack ended up seeing my grady's dead wife in room 237 and eventually wendy saw some images at the end of the movie too - so maybe it was the "house" and not necessarily jacks possible re-incarnation... :hmmm:

Those are some of the things that lead me to believe it was the Hotel that caused Jack's insanity. The interesting thing about the direct/indirect link between the isolation and Jack's psychopathy is that in Steven King's novel, Jack is an alcoholic, and his alcoholism is a large factor in all that happens. The novel was also more based around Jack being an abusive husband and father before they occupied the hotel. Kubrick never really touched on this, so we can only really assume that his psychopathy is a product of the environment and his surroundings in the hotel.

The quote that Halloran made about shining in the "house" was what made me believe the Hotel was the cause, but looking at it another way, the story can be seen as representing the isolation of man, and how this can lead to psychpathy, insanity, dillusion, hallucination, etc..This could be why it seen that everybody in the hotel became victims of this isolation...also, there was no real indication that anything supernatural happened during the regular season at the hotel....the other caretakers who had been possessed/re-incarnated were all victims indeed over that period of stay where they were isolated.

I guess that leaves a lot of questions unanswered, as is Kubricks style, about whether the Hotel truely possessed a supernatural force, or the mere sense of isolation eventually brought the supernatural force out in the hotel.

d-day
03-28-2006, 12:19 AM
Those are some of the things that lead me to believe it was the Hotel that caused Jack's insanity. The interesting thing about the direct/indirect link between the isolation and Jack's psychopathy is that in Steven King's novel, Jack is an alcoholic, and his alcoholism is a large factor in all that happens. The novel was also more based around Jack being an abusive husband and father before they occupied the hotel. Kubrick never really touched on this, so we can only really assume that his psychopathy is a product of the environment and his surroundings in the hotel.

The quote that Halloran made about shining in the "house" was what made me believe the Hotel was the cause, but looking at it another way, the story can be seen as representing the isolation of man, and how this can lead to psychpathy, insanity, dillusion, hallucination, etc..This could be why it seen that everybody in the hotel became victims of this isolation...also, there was no real indication that anything supernatural happened during the regular season at the hotel....the other caretakers who had been possessed/re-incarnated were all victims indeed over that period of stay where they were isolated.

I guess that leaves a lot of questions unanswered, as is Kubricks style, about whether the Hotel truely possessed a supernatural force, or the mere sense of isolation eventually brought the supernatural force out in the hotel.

nibb high school footabll rocks!

HysterikiLL
03-28-2006, 12:26 AM
nibb high school footabll rocks!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Roman529
03-28-2006, 02:25 AM
A couple nights ago I was watching a movie called the Hitcher with Rutger Hauer, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and C. Thomas Howell. Rutger Hauer plays a nut who chases down Howell the entire movie. In one scene Howell has on a pair of blue Nikes and then later on he is wearing tan Nikes...he never changed shoes in the movie but somehow the color changed. :lol: Anyway, good flick if you haven't seen it..Two Thumbs UP....Roman & Ebert. :wink:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif The Critics: none
available Start Rating
Movies Now! Sign In (http://login.yahoo.com/?.src=mov&.done=http%3A%2F%2Fus.rd.yahoo.com%2Fmovies%2Finfo%2Flnav%2Fmoviemain%2F%3Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fmovie%2F1800076981%2Finfo)or sign up (http://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_register?.intl=us&new=1&.src=mov&.done=http%3A%2F%2Fus.rd.yahoo.com%2Fmovies%2Finfo%2Flnav%2Fmoviemain%2F%3Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fmovie%2F1800076981%2Finfo) Yahoo! Users: B- 475 ratings (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/movies/info/lnav/userreviews/?http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800076981/user) The Critics:
none
available

(http://login.yahoo.com/?.src=mov&.done=http%3A%2F%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fmovie%2F1800076981%2Finfo)

or sign up (http://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_register?.intl=us&new=1&.src=mov&.done=http%3A%2F%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fmovie%2F1800076981%2Finfo)http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/wrs2-1.gifA magnanimous young man who picks up a strange hitchhiker on a desert highway on a dark, rainy night soon wishes he had just driven on. The deranged hitchhiker turns the innocent fellow's journey into a living nightmare.

Gonzo
03-28-2006, 02:35 AM

It's showing in SPAM right now :wink:

d-day
03-28-2006, 02:39 AM
It's showing in SPAM right now :wink:

*cough* i believe it's your turn to turn it on *cough*

Gonzo
03-28-2006, 02:41 AM
*cough* i believe it's your turn to turn it on *cough*

I avoid it now because i have to double check to make sure there are no doubles :lol:

d-day
03-28-2006, 02:44 AM
I avoid it now because i have to double check to make sure there are no doubles :lol:

:chuckle: i think the score is 1-1 in that department

Gonzo
03-28-2006, 04:11 AM
:chuckle: i think the score is 1-1 in that department

done by the way :wink:

d-day
03-28-2006, 04:16 AM
done by the way :wink:

another repeat? :chuckle:

Gonzo
03-28-2006, 04:19 AM
another repeat? :chuckle:

I didn't see it anywhere, at least not the second part. IF the first part was repeated, it was only as a lead in :yes:

d-day
03-28-2006, 04:23 AM
I didn't see it anywhere, at least not the second part. IF the first part was repeated, it was only as a lead in :yes:

is it a new lead in or a stand-by cuz i already done by the way

cuz :hump:

poornate
03-28-2006, 08:50 AM
This one really gets me.

But in Indiana Jones and the last crusade, when there down under the library in the pretrolium or whatever it is where them guys catch it on fire. When it shows indiana under the water with his eyes open. He must be a tough mother to have his eyes open under water in pretrolium

.....gas, even burning gas, floats on top of water. It would probably even make seeing under water easier because of the light.

poornate
03-28-2006, 08:53 AM
In ACE VENTURA: Nature Calls- When he is in the library talking to the bad guy the chess pieces on the desk in front of them disappear and reappear. It always bothered me because, you know I watched that movie a thousand times.