T.O. may have to watch out.

Alex44
03-28-2006, 06:01 AM
I think its stupid to try and enforce them harder for 2 reasons

1- Everyone celebrates even defensive players

2- if you dont want a guy to celebrate then stop him

KingCrowder
03-28-2006, 06:07 AM
I always liked the players who had a little class when they scored a touchdown. i mean just give the ball to the ref and act like you have scored before.

Skeet84
03-28-2006, 07:15 AM
Well when they work as hard as they do to score than they should be able to do whatever they want. There is alot of passion in a football game and I understand if you wanna do something like that.

nick1
03-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I enjoy celebrations, they make the game more entertaining (not that it isn't entertaining in the first place). People also like to watch games to see what dances Chad Johnson will do. It all in the name of fun, no one is trying to put the other team down

ILPhinFan88
03-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Can't wait to see who gets the first flag.

Prime
03-28-2006, 11:56 AM
The leauge has now became the no fun leauge. Taking away the celebrations is pretty stupid if ya ask me.

305TillIDie
03-28-2006, 11:59 AM
I think its stupid to try and enforce them harder for 2 reasons

1- Everyone celebrates even defensive players

2- if you dont want a guy to celebrate then stop him

amen to that... its a new era of people and its not grandpa football nomore.

nick1
03-28-2006, 01:52 PM
from what I read they say the celebrations are delaying the games and thats why they want to rid of it. celebrations are only a minute tops, it doesn't really delay the game

byroan
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't want to see Steve Smith's crappy celebrations anymore.

The_Dark_Knight
03-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I have a thought. Instead of enforcing a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff, which is nothing more than a guarranteed touchback, enfore the 15 yard penalty after the run back...PLUS any penalty that might be assessed on the run back.

Wouldn't that just kill a kick off returned for a touchdown!

Majpain
03-28-2006, 03:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflmeetings&prov=ap&type=lgns

T.O. may have to watch out.

and Chad Johnson.

Oaklandraider
03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
thats stupid as hell

nick1
03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
and Chad Johnson.
read the article about this on ESPN, they quote Chad Johnson saying "Tell the competition committee that Chad said you can't cover 85, and there's no way you can stop him from entertaining". he will keep celebrating no matter what and I will cheering him on. this is BS, you don't stop celebrations. some players can't contain their excitement

GcOe
03-28-2006, 03:23 PM
I hope they dont take away end zone dances because we will be in the endzone alot more this year:wink:

nick1
03-28-2006, 03:31 PM
I wonder if they will flag Culpepper for rolling his arms after a TD, that would be stupid if they did. he's been doing that his whole career

Majpain
03-29-2006, 01:22 AM
read the article about this on ESPN, they quote Chad Johnson saying "Tell the competition committee that Chad said you can't cover 85, and there's no way you can stop him from entertaining". he will keep celebrating no matter what and I will cheering him on. this is BS, you don't stop celebrations. some players can't contain their excitement

LOL cause Chad can make his own rules : / :lol::rolleyes2.I dont think he will if it cost his team 15 yards and he gets fines.

KingCrowder
03-29-2006, 06:26 AM
Well when they work as hard as they do to score than they should be able to do whatever they want. There is alot of passion in a football game and I understand if you wanna do something like that.

Thats why i like it when they just hand the ball to the ref and walk off. To me dancing around or some of the other things they do seems more like them saying "I can't believe i scored and i'm not sure i'll ever do it again so i better make this count." where as just handing the ball to the ref has more of a "yeah, you can't stop me" feeling to it which i just think is much cooler :cooldude: .

Here is another story about the TD celebration thing also:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jimlitke&prov=ap&type=lgns

@@@
03-29-2006, 07:49 AM
If the nfl concentrated on important things like getting td calls right instead of what happens after, we'd all be better off

nick1
03-29-2006, 04:48 PM
LOL cause Chad can make his own rules : / :lol::rolleyes2.I dont think he will if it cost his team 15 yards and he gets fines.
I don't think he cares about the penalty and he always get fined, he puts away money to pay fines every year. you won't stop him, thats why I like him. he's a class clown who doesn't follow the stupid rules. And to me the celebration penalty is a very stupid rule

MARINO1384
03-29-2006, 04:53 PM
The NFL is an entertaining game so just let them entertain with thier celebrations along with the exciting play. It's all part of the game.

AquaInferno
03-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Thats why i like it when they just hand the ball to the ref and walk off. To me dancing around or some of the other things they do seems more like them saying "I can't believe i scored and i'm not sure i'll ever do it again so i better make this count." where as just handing the ball to the ref has more of a "yeah, you can't stop me" feeling to it which i just think is much cooler :cooldude: .

Here is another story about the TD celebration thing also:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jimlitke&prov=ap&type=lgns

Handing the ball to the ref will NEVER make the opposing DB feel like ****. EVER, and part of the celebration is to bring down their morale. "He scored on me and now they're rubbin it in my face" Sure it could backfire and get the DB fired up. Even in Madden I dance to the endzone every chance I get, unless I'm losing. And I've scored a ton in Madden and will continue to do so. This new rule is stupid, if you want grandpa football go pull out all the retired players and let's see some grandpa football. If not, then why is the league whining? Clearly they don't want fans getting into it like this http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/t1_johnson-1.jpg
Cause we all know this ^ ruins the sport :shakeno:

Majpain
03-29-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't think he cares about the penalty and he always get fined, he puts away money to pay fines every year. you won't stop him, thats why I like him. he's a class clown who doesn't follow the stupid rules. And to me the celebration penalty is a very stupid rule

If you go on ESPN they interviewed him about the matter he says he will follow the rules.Also the rule imply that you cant use props or teammates or over excessive celebration.

Prime Time
03-30-2006, 12:46 AM
THE NFL is rediculous. People want to see this, just because the old-farts at the NFL Front Office don't, doesn't mean other people don't.

nick1
03-31-2006, 10:39 AM
If you go on ESPN they interviewed him about the matter he says he will follow the rules.Also the rule imply that you cant use props or teammates or over excessive celebration.
he really has to because he doesn't want his team or fans mad at him because he got a 15 yard penalty

Majpain
03-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Thats what I said...

nick1
03-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Thats what I said...
sorry