PDA

View Full Version : Let's really get started!!!

FINintheMOON
03-28-2006, 08:30 PM
OK fellow FINFANS!!! The season is only 5 months away... Though it seems to be an eternity, it will be here before you know it! We need to start making plans for tailgates, games and gatherings around the US... I have been feeling out the members in the regular and VIP lounges... Many feel that weekly gatherings amongst members are a grand idea. I have received many PMs and e-mails indicating such...

The first thing that we have to do is identify the location of all of our members... We have 50 states and several countries with members. I would like to request that each and everyone that reads this poll to select a poll… This will afford us to develop regional planners and maximize the numbers for turn out... The earlier we can get this accomplished the better for ticket sales, seating, accommodations, ETC...

Now there is a limit to the number of lines for a poll. It has a limit of 15. So, I have made groupings based on the ball clubs in a particular region… Pick the club that is closest to you and reply with the state that you reside… I will keep track of this and publish the final findings so that at least you know where the fellow FINFANS are that are close to you and if you can’t attend a game, you can at least meet up and watch one together…

Once the schedule comes out, we can start the process of getting tickets and developing group rates for travel, accommodations, ETC...

For those of us that may find it hard to make a game within their area, we will be working on several things to help with financing your trip... Please don't abuse the generosity!!!

I have asked permission from of the "Powers that are" to host/develop raffles, donations, ETC. to support this effort... It hasn't been ironed out yet but I expect an answer soon...

If you are interested in attending a game in your area, PLEASE vote and say so! Without input, or the lack there of, this will not work!

I have already started doing research for the STEELERS game... I am developing package deals based on Camping, Hotel, Air Travel, Chartered Bus, Ticket prices, etc...

Once I get the OK from the FINHEAVEN staff, I plan on developing some raffles, white elephant sales, charity events, ETC. in order to grow a funding pool to get some of our brothers from Hawaii, Alaska, and the countries that have FINFANS, to 1 game! With all the members that we have, we can dig up spare change lying around and get a couple of tickets for 1 person and a spouse/friend to a game...

So LET'S GET STARTED!!! :bandwagon Be sure to pass along this info when you visit so that we get maixmum effect!!!:gossip:

Troysif
03-28-2006, 08:39 PM
read to left of this message thats where i live, lol, this is a very great idea i hope it works

Ark139954
03-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Jersey... but i think everyone should try to go to the first game of the year

Ark139954
03-28-2006, 08:42 PM
even if we dont do it on a package...we should try to go to the steeler game

FINintheMOON
03-28-2006, 09:18 PM
OK... We are hitting at approximately 30%... That means that there is 2 out of very 5 people that view the thread is voting.... We can do better than that I hope!!!:rolleyes2

trayphin
03-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Manhattan Kansas

OurHeartAndSoul
03-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Arizona

DearbornDolfan
03-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Holy crap, I thought I was along in my love of K-State football and the Fins!

Anyway, I live in the Detroit area. For sure I'm going to the Turkey Day game and probably none of the others.

trayphin
03-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Holy crap, I thought I was alone in my love of K-State football and the Fins!

Anyway, I live in the Detroit area. For sure I'm going to the Turkey Day game and probably none of the others.

There are a few of us out there, but it is a select group.

RevRick
03-28-2006, 10:17 PM
I was appointed to churches in Falcon Land, but now I'm about 80 miles north of Jacksonville. All we hear from there is Del Rio, Leftwich, and Jaguars - and it's not even the kind with four wheels and some real sex appeal. (Egad, did I say that?!?!?!?)

FINintheMOON
03-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the input guys/gals!!! We will get this thing going and hopefully, once we get a year or 2 under our belts, we get ALL get together for a game!!!:D

Jimi
03-28-2006, 10:29 PM
In Tampa, and will be attending many games next year!Cant wait!

FINintheMOON
03-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Dang!!! I forgot to put a choice for the ones out of country!!! For those of you that are out of country, please respond and let me know the country... We will fit you in!!!:evil:

ibemacin
03-28-2006, 10:44 PM
North Carolina but they dont play in Charlotte until 2009. I got a friend in Chicago though so I may be going to the Chicago game this year!

joeyme_2004
03-28-2006, 10:58 PM
I live in Pittsburgh and im planning to go to the opener

Phineas64
03-28-2006, 11:19 PM
I have season tix, so we are at all of the games, but are you going to put out info on the other regions to all? We try to take a group on a road game road trip once a year if we can, and it would be great to hook up with other Fin Fans!

lazareth
03-28-2006, 11:28 PM
I live in Edenton, North Carolina; near the coast and the Virginia border

my closest games this season:
@Pittsburgh is approximately 353.8 miles (569.4 km).
@N.Y. Jets is approximately 355.3 miles (571.9 km).

FINintheMOON
03-28-2006, 11:39 PM
I live in Edenton, North Carolina; near the coast and the Virginia border

my closest games this season:
@Pittsburgh is approximately 353.8 miles (569.4 km).
@N.Y. Jets is approximately 355.3 miles (571.9 km).

Let's wait til the schedule is out bubba... I am sure we can find you a closer game... And if not, we will make sure you get to at least 1 game this year!

THAT IS MY GOAL!!! To make sure that EVERY FINFAN gets to at least 1 game this year!!!:cooldude:

Blade
03-29-2006, 12:16 AM
I live on the East side of Ohio. I am plannin on goin to the Steelers game and the Thanksgivin game in Detroit, hopefully.

But i dont know anybody around here that likes the Phins, so i will probably be goin by myself if i can find tickets.

tay0365
03-29-2006, 01:12 AM
I live only a few miles from Giant stadium (the Jets also play there :tongue: ).

tay0365
03-29-2006, 01:17 AM
Jersey... but i think everyone should try to go to the first game of the year

I am going to try, I have been trying to round up as many of my friends/family that are Dolphin fans, and try to get some other color in that stadium other then Black and Gold...after all, it's being televised in color, and Black and gold just doesn't look good in color. :D

FINintheMOON
03-29-2006, 01:25 AM
I live on the East side of Ohio. I am plannin on goin to the Steelers game and the Thanksgivin game in Detroit, hopefully.

But i dont know anybody around here that likes the Phins, so i will probably be goin by myself if i can find tickets.

Well, we will hook you up with fellow FINFANS at the game... I am looking at getting tickets, a section if needed, so we can all rock the house together... With a whole section of FINFANS... We will be on the Boobtube!!!

We will also be tailgating as well... Keep in touch and keep an eye out for updates!!!:rolleyes2

GCD960
03-29-2006, 01:25 AM
I live in NJ. I will be attending both Jet games and 1 other Miami home game. It is supposed to be the first home game but i have yankee/red sox tickets on 9/17 which i think will be the first home game. i passed on them last year for the denver game so i cant this year. i have written a lot of useless info. O well,

FINintheMOON
03-29-2006, 01:27 AM
I am going to try, I have been trying to round up as many of my friends/family that are Dolphin fans, and try to get some other color in that stadium other then Black and Gold...after all, it's being televised in color, and Black and gold just doesn't look good in color. :D

Well let me know how many you can get... I can get a bus chartered from your area for less than it would cost for everyone to drive... We can put a half keg on it with munchies and make a REAL trip out of it!!!

Keep me informed!!!

stoody24
03-29-2006, 01:28 AM
in ohio but 15 minutes from indiana till late sept

then columbus

Phin_Crazy
03-29-2006, 01:29 AM
I live in Vancouver Canada...working on my M.Div., Is miami playing in Seattle this season? I would love to go... Finances would be tight though.

FINintheMOON
03-29-2006, 01:31 AM
I live in NJ. I will be attending both Jet games and 1 other Miami home game. It is supposed to be the first home game but i have yankee/red sox tickets on 9/17 which i think will be the first home game. i passed on them last year for the denver game so i cant this year. i have written a lot of useless info. O well,

Not useless bubba... Keep me in the loop on the game in Jersey/NYC... I may hit you up for some research to get other FINFANS there for the game... IE.. Parking for tailgate, hotels close to the ballpark, campgrounds, ETC...:rolleyes2

FINintheMOON
03-29-2006, 01:34 AM
in ohio but 15 minutes from indiana till late sept

then columbus

So you have several stadiums within a 3-4 hour drive... Some less... I sure hope to meet ya and see ya at 1 game this year!

FINintheMOON
03-29-2006, 01:37 AM
I live in Vancouver Canada...working on my M.Div., Is miami playing in Seattle this season? I would love to go... Finances would be tight though.

As soon as the schedule is released, I will let you know... Finances is not a problem... Like I said earlier, my #1 goal this year is to make sure that everyone who works with me, or later a regional rep, gets to at least 1 game this year!!! We will find a way bubba!!!

FINintheMOON
03-29-2006, 01:40 AM
I have season tix, so we are at all of the games, but are you going to put out info on the other regions to all? We try to take a group on a road game road trip once a year if we can, and it would be great to hook up with other Fin Fans!

Yes... I will be posting all info for all games and what accomadations are available, ticket prices, modes of travel and the cost related, oppositon team links, etc... I will try to post all this a month in advance so that all have time to plan...

Hope to hook up with you!!!

FINintheMOON
03-29-2006, 01:42 AM
There are a few of us out there, but it is a select group.

Well we will try to find a way to get you all together for a game!!!

lazareth
03-29-2006, 01:42 AM
Let's wait til the schedule is out bubba... I am sure we can find you a closer game... And if not, we will make sure you get to at least 1 game this year!

THAT IS MY GOAL!!! To make sure that EVERY FINFAN gets to at least 1 game this year!!!:cooldude:
i got that by looking at all our away opponents, regardless of time and date
checked the mileage on all of them and kept the ones < 400 miles from me

did i do a stupid?

FINintheMOON
03-29-2006, 01:43 AM
I was appointed to churches in Falcon Land, but now I'm about 80 miles north of Jacksonville. All we hear from there is Del Rio, Leftwich, and Jaguars - and it's not even the kind with four wheels and some real sex appeal. (Egad, did I say that?!?!?!?)

Rev, will will get you to a game with fellow FINFANS this year bubba... I have God on my side in this effort!:D

FINintheMOON
03-29-2006, 01:47 AM
i got that by looking at all our away opponents, regardless of time and date
checked the mileage on all of them and kept the ones < 400 miles from me

did i do a stupid?

No bubba... I am making an effort to make sure that all FINFANS that respond to this post, gets to at least 1 game this year... Milage is only an issue if you let it be...:rolleyes2

FinMann2
03-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Davie, Florida...always ready for a road trip though...no matter how far

lazareth
03-29-2006, 02:03 AM
No bubba... I am making an effort to make sure that all FINFANS that respond to this post, gets to at least 1 game this year... Milage is only an issue if you let it be...:rolleyes2
:smackhead i gotcha...

i'll wait...i'll wait :wink:

FINintheMOON
03-29-2006, 02:14 AM
Davie, Florida...always ready for a road trip though...no matter how far

I hear ya bubba... We will find a solution... BTW, I hope to hook up with the gang down there as well!!! I plan to go to at least 1 home game this year!!! :D

WeVie
03-29-2006, 03:18 AM
I live in Virginia in a small town called Tazewell. I was going to try and go the the Steelers game this year but I think it will be really hard to get tickets at an affordable price since they are giving them their rings so if I can't go there then anything else it to far of a drive this year. I would love to go to a home game this year but that is about 930 miles away so I'd say that will have to wait.

FinaticalOne
03-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Delaware

I'm 1 1/2 hours from Baltimore, 2 hours from Washington, and 30 minutes from Philly .

ILPhinFan88
03-29-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm gonna be at the game in Indy, GO Phins
:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

DrAstroZoom
03-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Holy crap, I thought I was along in my love of K-State football and the Fins!

I'm a K-State fan, too ... my Dad was an alum.

I'm in Springfield, IL.

Blade
03-30-2006, 09:47 PM
I have a friend who lives in new jersey close to Giants Stadium, so i might go up there and catch the jets game dependin when it is.

Uruguayfinfan
03-31-2006, 03:50 AM
i am a FIN-HUGE-FAN From Uruguay.. yeah down down down there on the map between argentine and Brazil in the River Plate :) and it's economically IMPOSSIBLE for me to go to a single game of the dolphins :'( so i have to be happy with listening to some miami radios in internet and see live stats in nfl.com :(