PDA

View Full Version : Man Oh Man Do I Have A Crazy Idea

WeVie
03-05-2003, 02:04 AM
Would'nt it be nice to play in the NFL. Most of us can only dream of it. I played high school ball but was never all that great or all that big or all that dedicated to it back then. Wish I would have been more dedicated though.

Anyways I am 5'11", 215lbs., not that fast, can't catch, and I am blind in my right eye. Yep I was blind sided a few times in school and that sucked. So no matter what I am sure I could not have made it far in even college anyway.

So I came up with a new plan a few weeks ago to play in the NFL. Who are the only players in the NFL that could possibly match my descprition. If you said kickers and punters then you guessed it right. So I knew already that I could'nt punt because I have tried that before at football practice as well as just messing around. But it dawned on me. I have never tried to kick a field goal. Why had I never tried it before. Never even thought about it.

Well my friend Joe and I went today to my high school field to see what we could do. You won't believe what I have to say. I nailed the first one from about twenty yards out. It was crazy. Perfect it was. Well I missed the next two and made the next one again.

After a while I was making maybe seventy percent of my kicks from about thiry yards out. That was crazy. I could not believe it. Remember I had never kicked a field goal in my life.(never played soccer either) And I was doing this without even having the slightest idea of any of the techniques that kickers use.

Well the way I see it, if I can consistently make forty to forty-five yard kicks then there is a place for me in the NFL.

Now before I get flamed I do realize that it is much much more difficult when there is eleven big ass football players trying to block your kick and all the pressure and everything else but I think that this idea just might be crazy enough to work.

The only problem I may run into is trying to get some of the NFL teams to have a look at me.

So what do you guys think of my crazy ass idea.

P.S. since the Fins are not in need of a kicker then I may miss a few easy ones if I were to ever face them ;)

P.S.S. I almost forgot to tell you how my friend Joe faired. Well he made one but he did magage to kick me in the hand more than a few times and hurt my thumb. :lol: See I am a wimp like most kickers.

Jaydog57
03-05-2003, 02:16 AM
Go for it dude, all they can tell you is 'come back next year for tryouts'. Whatta ya got to lose? You only live once.:cool:

Cranx
03-05-2003, 03:46 AM
You should be on the Ray-turds with only one eye. Heck, you might even be the new poster boy for their helmets. :lol:

Biggunndunn
03-05-2003, 09:12 AM
you should set goals on nfl europe then go from there but anything can happen good luck

themole
03-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Don't give it a second thought. You are not that good, you won't make it, forget about it.:D

Chauncey
03-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Gus lives! ;)

t2thejz
03-05-2003, 07:03 PM
good luck

Muck
03-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Go for it dude!!

WeVie
03-06-2003, 01:05 AM
But where can I learn to kick at. Does anyone have any tips for me or know of a website I can go to and read up on some technique or anything because I have no idea about it. It was just something stupid my friend and I went and did but I am going to continue to pratice to see if maybe I am for real at all.

Man would that be cool or what.