PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys think Magic Johnson is cured?

The Samurai
03-29-2006, 04:31 PM
I think he is. He has unprotected sex with his wife and his wife test negative. Hopefully this new vaccine they are testing is successful in humans. If so, it would be the end of an epidimic.

byroan
03-29-2006, 04:35 PM
I think he is. He has unprotected sex with his wife and his wife test negative. Hopefully this new vaccine they are testing is successful in humans. If so, it would be the end of an epidimic.

Do you have a link for this?

NJFINSFAN1
03-29-2006, 04:36 PM

:confused: :confused:

Did she tell you this???

The Samurai
03-29-2006, 04:40 PM
They said it on BET awhile back and also on Oprah. If I see a link I will post.

NJFINSFAN1
03-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Not to seem like I'm getting on you. But don't you think if there was a cure, we would hear about it before it was on Oprah??

There are people dying everyday of this, I would have to believe if a cure was there, some drug company would be pumping it out like crazy for the all might buck!

King Nate
03-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Do you have a link for this?

:chuckle:

I'm glad I'm not the reporter to break that story.

Buddwalk
03-29-2006, 04:49 PM
He doesnt have aids anymore, but still carries the hiv virus...there is no cure for that

tmny99
03-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah apparently he will never contract full blown AIDS.

MARINO1384
03-29-2006, 05:02 PM
He doesnt have aids anymore, but still carries the hiv virus...there is no cure for that

Yes he only has hiv but i believe that doesn't even come up when he's tested for it because he has such a high white blood cell count that hiv isn't detected.

Amars
03-29-2006, 05:03 PM
There will probably never be a cure for HIV or AIDS.

Why? There no money in the cure. The drugs company make Millions in medicine that help you deal with living with HIV. Basically you live a normal life by taking alot of pills. To much money involve and a cure will end that. Just like the common cold. No cure you just have to take medicine to deal with it.

Phinz1972
03-29-2006, 05:55 PM

Why? There no money in the cure. The drugs company make Millions in medicine that help you deal with living with HIV. Basically you live a normal life by taking alot of pills. To much money involve and a cure will end that. Just like the common cold. No cure you just have to take medicine to deal with it.

Live a normal life by taking a lot of pills? I don't mean to come across rude or anything man, but as most know, I run the It's Not A Joke site and campaign and I've seen it upfront in my life and the pills do nothing man, as in a normal life. My mother was taking 75 different pills a day and then more pills to counter the side effects of the Hiv medicine. The pills are starting to not work, so there are the shots now, but that cost a lot of money(like 2k for a box of a few shots). Yeah the medicine helps with the Hiv but who has enough money per month to spend thousands on medicine? It's out of hand.

MARINO1384
03-29-2006, 06:00 PM

Yes they may make millions but it takes billions of dollars to create it not to mention the 15 years it takes to perfect it.

Buddwalk
03-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Live a normal life by taking a lot of pills? I don't mean to come across rude or anything man, but as most know, I run the It's Not A Joke site and campaign and I've seen it upfront in my life and the pills do nothing man, as in a normal life. My mother was taking 75 different pills a day and then more pills to counter the side effects of the Hiv medicine. The pills are starting to not work, so there are the shots now, but that cost a lot of money(like 2k for a box of a few shots). Yeah the medicine helps with the Hiv but who has enough money per month to spend thousands on medicine? It's out of hand.

ouch man that sucks

NMNB
03-29-2006, 06:50 PM

Exactly. You can't cure it, but you can sort of get rid of the virus, or at least virtually eliminate the symptoms.

But once HIV+, always HIV+, AFAIK.

RWhitney014
03-29-2006, 07:20 PM
The way HIV/AIDS works is by counting the number of T-cells in the body, which determine how effective the immune system is. HIV lowers the T-cell count below 1000 to 201. 200 and under is considered AIDS. The virus can never be eradicated from the body, but new T-cells can form up to a particular point, keeping a person in the HIV stage and thus healthy enough to live a normal life. Magic Johnson happens to be in great shape, of course, because he is a professional athlete, so his immune system was strong to begin with.

Roman529
03-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Magic can afford the best medicine and doctors around and he still plays basketball and works out all week long. I don't see a cure for many years...but hopefully they can find drugs to keep people from getting full blown aids.