PDA

View Full Version : A dream come true for bassists! (and musicians in general)

Pagan
03-30-2006, 10:33 AM
We've had G3 shows in the past, well now it's time for BX3!

from blabbermouth.net:

BILLY SHEEHAN To Tour With STU HAMM, JEFF BERLIN

Bassist extraordinaire Billy Sheehan (DAVID LEE ROTH, MR. BIG, TALAS) will be teaming up with Stu Hamm and Jeff Berlin for the BX3 tour beginning in early April. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Apr. 12 - Milwaukee, WI - Shank Hall
Apr. 13 - Chicago, IL - Martyrs
Apr. 14 - Ferndale, MI - Magic Bag
Apr. 15 - Williamsville, NY - Club Infinity
Apr. 17 - Cleveland, OH - Wilbert's
Apr. 18 - Pittsburgh, PA - Hard Rock Cafe
Apr. 20 - Philadelphia, PA - World Cafe Live
Apr. 21 - New York, NY - B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
Apr. 22 - Annapolis, MD - Ram's Head Tavern On Stage

For more information, go to www.bx3tour.com.

The Samurai
03-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Please keep negative reviews private. If you don't like a thread, simply leave it

GRAPEAPE
03-30-2006, 02:50 PM
:shakeno:

:D j/k

NJFINSFAN1
03-30-2006, 02:51 PM
I have a dream, two more votes in 20 minutes, and I can upset FFIC!!!

Come on people!!!

PS

Pagan, Not sure I have heard of those guys?

Pagan
03-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Pagan, Not sure I have heard of those guys?
Billy Sheehan played in David Lee Roth's first solo band with Steve Vai.

Hamm and Berlin are mind-blowing musicians. Check any of them out if you want to hear guys who can play the bass better than almost anyone else. If it goes the same as the G3 tours, each will do his own set and then all three will jam for the finale.

GRAPEAPE
03-30-2006, 03:00 PM
The only bassist that I am very familiar with is Les Claypool, I think some of his stuff is great. What styles do these guys play?

calphin
03-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Billy Sheehan played in David Lee Roth's first solo band with Steve Vai.

Hamm and Berlin are mind-blowing musicians. Check any of them out if you want to hear guys who can play the bass better than almost anyone else. If it goes the same as the G3 tours, each will do his own set and then all three will jam for the finale.

Would that be Eat 'Em and Smile??back in the day,I liked the song yankee rose.

Pagan
03-30-2006, 03:09 PM
The only bassist that I am very familiar with is Les Claypool, I think some of his stuff is great. What styles do these guys play?
Sheehan is rock, Hamm is muti-styled, and Berlin is jazz/fusion.

Would that be Eat 'Em and Smile??back in the day,I liked the song yankee rose.
That would be correct. ;)

calphin
03-30-2006, 03:21 PM
I just clicked on your link and listenend to the song Red Room. That song is really good. You guys really rock, and while I was listening to it, and please don't take this as a negative, but you guys made me think of WhiteSnake or Great White. You have that same sound. Great job man.

Pagan
03-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanx man. We don't sound too much like that anymore though. We've gotten a little heavier. More of a Dio sound now. The next CD will show that. :wink:

WharfRat
03-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Stu Hamm is amazing!
I always liked Berlin's stuff also, I love Jazz, but when it gets too "fusion-y" it loses me....

calphin
03-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Thanx man. We don't sound too much like that anymore though. We've gotten a little heavier. More of a Dio sound now. The next CD will show that. :wink:

Dio has some great music.I have Holy Diver and a few others.I remember when he was with Rainbow. Let me know when the CD is done, and I'll probably buy a copy.

Pagan
03-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Will do bro. :D

Agent51
03-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Will do bro. :D

This is off topic, but Pagan, did you ever decide on making the mirrors on the mustang white too? :lol: , I've been doin' a lot of traveling lately so maybe you ended up answering that question a LONG time ago, but I never heard anything else on it.

I have a couple friends visitng me out here right now and they have a 2006 (I think, lol, it's only got 1,750 miles on it) Mustang convertible (red) as their rental. It's pretty nice, and I don't even like convertibles OR automatics, so I'm assuming yours is just nasty since it isn't a convertible, it's a standard (which all damn "sports" cars should be) and you are putting all that work into it.

Pagan
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
This is off topic, but Pagan, did you ever decide on making the mirrors on the mustang white too? :lol: , I've been doin' a lot of traveling lately so maybe you ended up answering that question a LONG time ago, but I never heard anything else on it.

I have a couple friends visitng me out here right now and they have a 2006 (I think, lol, it's only got 1,750 miles on it) Mustang convertible (red) as their rental. It's pretty nice, and I don't even like convertibles OR automatics, so I'm assuming yours is just nasty since it isn't a convertible, it's a standard (which all damn "sports" cars should be) and you are putting all that work into it.
I did Agent, but I didn't paint them. I added these. (http://www.midwestautogear.com/05_Mirror_Insert.htm)

They look great!

Agent51
03-30-2006, 04:28 PM
I did Agent, but I didn't paint them. I added these. (http://www.midwestautogear.com/05_Mirror_Insert.htm)

They look great!

Awesome

Buddwalk
03-30-2006, 04:28 PM
good deal pagan...dont know too much about bassist but I assume there pretty amazing?

Pagan
03-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Budd...Sheehan used to match Vai note-for-note....on the bass.

What does that tell ya? :rawk:

Buddwalk
03-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Budd...Sheehan used to match Vai note-for-note....on the bass.

What does that tell ya? :rawk:

Wait I know exactly who your talking about...that guys fricken amazing man

The vai of bass :yes: