PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone

Finsflurry
03-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Wow has this site grown since the last time I was here...:D Alot of you probably don't remember me since my last post was nearly 2 years ago and I haven't been able to visit the site in a long time....I've been in Iraq since September 2004 and I've been through hell with my unit as we lost 85% of the people we went over with and I get to come back home minus my right arm and lower part of my left leg...But hey that's the price we pay for "democracy" and winning the hearts and minds of Iraqis (who hate us more now than ever before btw in case your still buying Bush's crap)...Sorry if I'm a little bitter about the whole thing but I feel I gave up my life for nothing (and yes, I do mean my life because the amount of depleted uranium my body absorbed is enough to kill 5 grown men)...but I guess that's life.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, I just wanted to say it's great to be back in the States on the greatest phins site in the known universe....so much has happened since I've been gone with Saban, Culpepper, it's a great time to be a Dolphins fan. There's a lot to look forward to and I hope I live long enough to see us hoist up a super bowl trophy, and with Mr. Saban at the helm I think that's a definite possibility within the next three years...Looking forward to discussing and arguing football with all you newbies and of course the veteran squad lol....It's great to be back and oh yeah....

DOLPHINS RULE :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

BleedinGreenNC
03-30-2006, 03:38 PM
damn man, sorry you had to go through all that. Welcome home!!

JimsFins4
03-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Welcome home Brother and THANK YOU for ALL you gave!!

NickJr.
03-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Welcome home. At laest maybe the fins can provide you with a bit of a distraction. I also want to say that even though I'm against the war, I've got the upmost respect for eveyone over there risking and giving thier life. Thank you.

T Smiles
03-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Welcome HOME Glad To Have U Back

Troysif
03-30-2006, 03:43 PM
damn man, sorry you had to go through all that. Welcome home!!\

yeah that^^^

ILPhinFan88
03-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Welcome back, Thanks go out to You ,your Unit and the rest of the Services

Csonkanator
03-30-2006, 03:45 PM
bienvenidos and thanks!

IronChef
03-30-2006, 03:47 PM
welcome back

Finsfalife
03-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Dont even know what to say, thanks for all you did

DBoston80
Wow has this site grown since the last time I was here...:D Alot of you probably don't remember me since my last post was nearly 2 years ago and I haven't been able to visit the site in a long time....I've been in Iraq since September 2004 and I've been through hell with my unit as we lost 85% of the people we went over with and I get to come back home minus my right arm and lower part of my left leg...But hey that's the price we pay for "democracy" and winning the hearts and minds of Iraqis (who hate us more now than ever before btw in case your still buying Bush's crap)...Sorry if I'm a little bitter about the whole thing but I feel I gave up my life for nothing (and yes, I do mean my life because the amount of depleted uranium my body absorbed is enough to kill 5 grown men)...but I guess that's life.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, I just wanted to say it's great to be back in the States on the greatest phins site in the known universe....so much has happened since I've been gone with Saban, Culpepper, it's a great time to be a Dolphins fan. There's a lot to look forward to and I hope I live long enough to see us hoist up a super bowl trophy, and with Mr. Saban at the helm I think that's a definite possibility within the next three years...Looking forward to discussing and arguing football with all you newbies and of course the veteran squad lol....It's great to be back and oh yeah....

Welcome back!! We've been through a bad patch..atleast your back to catch all the good stuff the phins will do in 06.

calphin
Glad you're home!

MDFINFAN
03-30-2006, 03:49 PM

FF, it's great to see you back in the fold...sorry about all you had to go though, but I'm glad you're alive and ready to help kick some butt in debating our beloved team.

FinaticalOne
03-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Welcome home Finsflurry. I remember when you were posting on here. I'm terribly sorry to hear what happened to you, and I too respect all who are serving in our military during this difficult time. Looking forward to talking some football with you again.

Ohiophinphan
03-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Welcome back. As a long time member of the site I remember your posts fondly. Please accept my thanks and my prayers.

Ohiophinphan

aka Pastor Keith A. Hunsinger

finmann
03-30-2006, 03:51 PM
My goodness brother........welcome home and welcome back to Finheaven, hopefully this will be a nice distraction from what you are going through. Thank you for all you have done.......

Roman529
03-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks Soldier...I try to let the guys here at Fort Carson know how much I appreciate their efforts as well as they have lost over 80 guys in Iraq. Welcome Home!!!! :dolphins:

:patriot: :salute: :flag: :troops: :flag2:

Dolfan5000
03-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Thank you.

KevInMotion
03-30-2006, 03:53 PM
God Bless You

Fin Fan in Cali
03-30-2006, 03:54 PM

DOLPHINS RULE :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:Brother thanks! Sorry to hear about you and your unit. My thoughts, prayers, and best wishes are with you.

ATVZ400
03-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Welcome Back!! And Thank You

matty3054
03-30-2006, 03:57 PM
i'm sitting here speechless.....thanks for EVERYTHING u did....we think of sports figures as heroes, but this is a reminder that the real heroes are guys like urself giving everything u got to serve our great country....

thanks and welcome back man!!

Lappy
03-30-2006, 03:59 PM
WOW,

Thank you so much for everything you did. As a Canadian, I must say how much I appriciate all the American soldier does not just for fellow Americans but the rest of the world.

This football game seems so small in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks again and know you're a true Hero!

Sincerly

Mike Laping
Canadian

KISSjunky
03-30-2006, 04:03 PM
"WELCOME HOME, SIR".........."THANK YOU, HERO"
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/0usa01-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/0usa04-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/0usa07-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/oh09vn-1.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/3271dolphin21.gif

PhinPhan1227
03-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Damn...which unit lost 85% of its people?

SpurzN703
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Welcome Home!!! :d

Dolphins561
03-30-2006, 04:28 PM

Oh man, first... Thank you for serving... What ever someone's views about the war doesn't matter. Thank you for serving us!

Second, welcome home and welcome back to finheaven.com!!!

indifin
03-30-2006, 04:30 PM
God bless you and your unit and welcome back.

Adam First
03-30-2006, 04:31 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/03/us_flag-1.gif

Welcome home brother. Welcome home.

greatwade
03-30-2006, 04:35 PM

I found myself wondering the same thing.

Sorry for your loss young man. Your ENTIRE country thanks you for your service, regardless of political views (I'd like to think, but many are out there trying to prove this wrong).

If this isn't geniune, I shudder. Regardless, and sorry to say this, but this thread should be moved. Its got nothing to do with the Dolphins.

Go dolphs, I can't wait until September!!!

dolfan72734me
03-30-2006, 04:35 PM

Sir, it is a privilege to for me to be on this board with you. Thank you so much for what you have sacrificed so we can have things like this board. Words can't describe the respect I have for you and everyone else serving our U.S. of A.

screamer
03-30-2006, 04:36 PM
welcome back and thank you.

FanMarino
03-30-2006, 04:42 PM
85% is bad. Im ex British Army. What Regiment did u serve in mate? Terrible to hear about what uve been through. Glad uve made it home.

retired opfinistic
03-30-2006, 04:44 PM
:flagwave: God bless man, welcome home.

Iceband
03-30-2006, 04:53 PM

Hey man I was in Iraq in 2004, Now i'm in Afghanistan, what unit you with?? and where were you in Iraq? Also why were you there 2 years?? :eek: also Welcome back man!

dw10
03-30-2006, 04:54 PM

Sorry for your loss young man. Your ENTIRE country thanks you for your service, regardless of political views (I'd like to think, but many are out there trying to prove this wrong).

If this isn't geniune, I shudder. Regardless, and sorry to say this, but this thread should be moved. Its got nothing to do with the Dolphins.

Go dolphs, I can't wait until September!!!

ditto that

zach13
03-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Sorry, wrong thread

Pinrod33
03-30-2006, 04:57 PM
I don't mean to be rude either, but being prior service myself, and being in Iraq, I just find it almost impossible that they left your unit out there long enough to lose 85%...... Not calling you a liar or anything, just sounds disturbing. Welcome back by the way, and I hope you get all the treatment you need to make a nice recovery.

Pinrod33
03-30-2006, 04:59 PM
the 2 year thing is also something that sounded off to me. I just hope and pray that this guy is not just bored and messing with everyones head. That would be more wrong that putting a gun to someones head and pulling the trigger. If it's all legit, I deeply apologize, and there should be an investigation into what happened to your unit.

rvicious
03-30-2006, 05:02 PM

Hey Welcome Home, I wish you the best.
War Sucks!

Iceband
03-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah 2 years, 85% loss thats INSANE! I feel bad man...he may be talking about his platoon or squad maybe?

inFINSible
03-30-2006, 05:05 PM

Glad you made it back in one p.........glad you're back! :D :wink:

finjim
03-30-2006, 05:06 PM
you are a TRUE HERO

thank you for your sacrifice.

:patriot:

greatwade
03-30-2006, 05:06 PM
the 2 year thing is also something that sounded off to me. I just hope and pray that this guy is not just bored and messing with everyones head. That would be more wrong that putting a gun to someones head and pulling the trigger. If it's all legit, I deeply apologize, and there should be an investigation into what happened to your unit.

this may just ruin my perfectly awful day.

not calling poster a liar, but to think it even possible to 'fake' something like THIS to get attention or for hatred of our president absolutely makes my stomach roll. This is why I said this thread belongs off the main board anyhow.

Okay, I'm going to stop now. Back to tax returns.

Section126
03-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Why do you have depleted Uranium in your body?

greatwade
03-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah 2 years, 85% loss thats INSANE! I feel bad man...he may be talking about his platoon or squad maybe?

How many are in a unit??

And you know what I love about this site, and our beloved Miami Dolphins - so many wonderful servicemen are fans and posters!

Huge Kudos to all you guys!!!! You guys are great.

guatemalanfan
03-30-2006, 05:10 PM

DOLPHINS RULE :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:.

man you left me speechless

Finsflurry
03-30-2006, 05:19 PM
First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for the kind words...it really means alot these days.

But one thing that sure hasn't changed is people on this site who just can't take someone at their word and have to question the things they say, especially where it concerns me.

If this isn't geniune, I shudder.

Sorry in advance for this mods, but seriously go f#ck yourself with that comment you *******.

When I said unit I meant the people who I trained with and who I went to war with, the men I considered my brothers and my best friends...the men who trained with me in Kentucky...we were a group of 18 in Company F, 2nd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force. God bless them and may their souls rest in peace.

Pinrod33
03-30-2006, 05:24 PM
that's the thing about the 85%, greatwade. In a marine corps unit you're talking about 6 companies of an average of 150 to 200 men. So that would be 85% of almost 1000 men. And that's the marines, that generally have far fewer people than the army. So now that I say those numbers, I'm completely convinced that in the 21st century, the american government would not allow that to happen. The moment that there is a mass amount of casualties to a specific unit, the unit is swapped out, and obviously certain tactics would be changed to stop the losses of man power.

Pinrod33
03-30-2006, 05:25 PM
2/7 is out of camp pendleton, devil dog. What kind of crap you trying to pull??

Iceband
03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
How many are in a unit??

And you know what I love about this site, and our beloved Miami Dolphins - so many wonderful servicemen are fans and posters!

Huge Kudos to all you guys!!!! You guys are great.

Well i'm in he ARMY and you can consider an ARMY unit a couple of different things. For instance....

I'm in the 10th MTN Division, i can't say how many soldiers we have., but its 2nd on the considered a "unit" ladder like this

CORPS
DIVISION
BRIGADE
BATTALION
COMPANY/BATTERY/TROOP
PLATOON
SQUAD So any of these can be considered "unit" 85% thats alot, I'm not allowed to give specific numbers of each one, but i hope you get the picture.
:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Finsflurry
03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Why do you have depleted Uranium in your body?

The dust from the most of the bullets and missiles that the US uses goes into the air and you end up breathing of it in...not to mention it's a layer of protection that they put on most of the tanks and humvees in the army as well....you should read up on the first Gulf war and Gulf War syndrome if you want to know more.

Iceband
03-30-2006, 05:28 PM

Yeah thats impossible, only about 1,500? have died during Iraqi war.....:shakeno:

zach13
03-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah thats impossible, only about 1,500? have died during Iraqi war.....:shakeno:

2327 have died so far.

That is less than 1% of those who have served.

Pinrod33
03-30-2006, 05:30 PM
I would know, cause I was in 2 Battalion, 1st Marines. Or better known to some as the old 1/9 unit, called the "walking dead", due to the marines wearing peices of their enemies bodies as jewelry during vietnam. And by the way, 7th marines is I beleive an artillery battallion, and there is no way that they would see enough action from their effectiveness distance to lose 85%. I call your bulls**t

zach13
03-30-2006, 05:32 PM

They are out of Camp Pendleton

http://www.i-mef.usmc.mil/

inFINSible
03-30-2006, 05:36 PM
I'll tell you what.....whichever one of you is wrong or lying....you'll be given some time off from this site......

Pinrod33
03-30-2006, 05:36 PM
18 people is not even enough to cover a platoon, and barely enough for a squad, dude. You need to really read up on your facts and history if you're going to try to pull a horrible lie like this.

Pinrod33
03-30-2006, 05:39 PM
"They are out of Camp Pendleton http://www.i-mef.usmc.mil/" of course they are, they were a hop, skip, and a jump away from where I used to train. I actually did some joint training with 7th marines. they are an artillery unit. And we were the "grunts" or infantry like everyone knows them by. So it was common to link up with other battallions. Pendleton is in Cali, for those that don't know, by the way.

inFINSible
You better be right Pinrod.....that's all I have to say.....if you even think there's a chance that you're wrong....you'd better drop it.....

Pinrod33
darn work computer. Sorry about the confusing quote attempt.

Pinrod33
03-30-2006, 05:41 PM
this dude's story sounds like a Vietnam story. In fact 2/7 has alot of history, and fame from battles in Vietnam

greatwade
03-30-2006, 05:41 PM
First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for the kind words...it really means alot these days.

But one thing that sure hasn't changed is people on this site who just can't take someone at their word and have to question the things they say, especially where it concerns me.

Sorry in advance for this mods, but seriously go f#ck yourself with that comment you *******.

When I said unit I meant the people who I trained with and who I went to war with, the men I considered my brothers and my best friends...the men who trained with me in Kentucky...we were a group of 18 in Company F, 2nd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force. God bless them and may their souls rest in peace.
WOAH there pal. What did I say? I didn't say you were lying. I just said if one was to lie about something of this nature, it would be horrible. Would you not agree?!?

Maybe you don't remember the rules on this site. but telling me to seriously go whatever is uncool.

I did nothing wrong (inFins). I come here for the Dolhins news, the comraderie, the friendly debate, the humor. I try and respect everyone, young old, soldiers civilians, mods and noobs. Go Fins.

inFINSible
03-30-2006, 05:45 PM
GW....I wasn't born yesterday....it was your post that started the whole debate and you have done nothing, until now after I've said something, to tone down your rhetoric.....You and I both know that you are involved to the teeth.

Finsflurry
Glad you feel that way.

"They are out of Camp Pendleton http://www.i-mef.usmc.mil/" of course they are, they were a hop, skip, and a jump away from where I used to train. I actually did some joint training with 7th marines. they are an artillery unit. And we were the "grunts" or infantry like everyone knows them by. So it was common to link up with other battallions. Pendleton is in Cali, for those that don't know, by the way.

Perhaps you need to read up on what I said before you call me a liar son...I said the men I trained with in Kentucky who ended up in the 7th marines together...I didn't include the people I trained with in pend they're not the my blood you piece of crap... I can't believe i'm even talking about this right now **** you and **** this site

Pinrod33
wrong about what infins? I have never heard of a base even existing in Kentucky. 7th marines was a unit that I passed by everday on my way down to the main side of base (we were stuck up in the hills and the valley of the base, cause of the closeness to the barren training areas where we could blow sh*t up.) I'm not trying to make anyone look stupid, and in fact I will stop saying more stuff, cause I don't want to cause a problem. It just gets me rilled up when this subject comes up, and I think it's a crime that someone would make up a story like that. Sorry again for the problems. You will hear no more from me.

inFINSible
03-30-2006, 05:51 PM
wrong about what infins? I have never heard of a base even existing in Kentucky. 7th marines was a unit that I passed by everday on my way down to the main side of base (we were stuck up in the hills and the valley of the base, cause of the closeness to the barren training areas where we could blow sh*t up.) I'm not trying to make anyone look stupid, and in fact I will stop saying more stuff, cause I don't want to cause a problem. It just gets me rilled up when this subject comes up, and I think it's a crime that someone would make up a story like that. Sorry again for the problems. You will hear no more from me.
You guys took a thread about a returning Iraqi vet and turned it into a fight....

right or wrong....you were wrong.

You know what I mean?

It's a shame....

greatwade
03-30-2006, 05:52 PM
GW....I wasn't born yesterday....it was your post that started the whole debate and you have done nothing, until now after I've said something, to tone down your rhetoric.....You and I both know that you are involved to the teeth.
Then I apologize. I certainly won't post to this thread again then. It was not my intention to start a debate on the validity of the poster. I was just venting that it could even be possible for one to bull**** with war as the subject matter.

Finsflurry (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=3514), big apology to you. I certainly didn't mean to agitate you. I'm just huge DOLPHINS fan like you. I look forward to talking about position battles and dolphins opponents in the future with you.

Pinrod33
03-30-2006, 05:57 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I am a war veteran that maybe didn't return yesterday missing limbs, but nonetheless I believe I have a right to say something if I think that there might be someone with a bullcrap story about something that is so important to me and is such a delicate subject just to get some attention. His stoy changed every time he posted, and I'm sorry but I don't believe a word of it. If it is all true, then I will get mine, and he shouldn't have to worry if no one believes him. Like I said, I apologize, and you are right that I might have been the main cause of all this. If you have to make an example with me, then for it my man. It's cool. Maybe good for me to get off of here for a couple of days, and stop with the obsession of getting on for new news every 25 seconds

inFINSible
03-30-2006, 06:00 PM
from the looks of things, it is I who owe both of you an apology......but, please, next time, instead of making a horrible suspicion like that public, please report it along with any information you may have....we have military on staff here...i could get to the bottom of it quickly without the public spectacle....

Sorry, Pinrod and GreatWade.

rothshunger
03-30-2006, 06:02 PM
damn man don't even know what say but welcome home and wishing you the best

inFINSible
03-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Seems like somebody actually has a history of fraud here.....How sad that we have people that get their kicks making things like this up...makes me sick.

WharfRat
03-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Glad you feel that way.

Perhaps you need to read up on what I said before you call me a liar son...I said the men I trained with in Kentucky who ended up in the 7th marines together...I didn't include the people I trained with in pend they're not the my blood you piece of crap... I can't believe i'm even talking about this right now **** you and **** this site

You were a fraud 2 years ago with your bogus camp reports, and you're a fraud now.
This type of crap is absolutely reprehensible.
Your Dogma will get run over by your Kharma... I only hope that the spirit of a real vet is there to see it happen,