PDA

View Full Version : Retro Review - Stuntman w/ Poll

JPhinfan86
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM
This title was created by the makers of the "Driver" series, Reflections and Infogrames. The project was developed between Driver 2 and DRIV3R (I particularly recall this because the exclusive trailer of DRIV3R on the Stuntman special features was sooo cool at that time).

Now this is a title that is supreme in originality and (IMHO) fantastic in execution. I've made an assertion that, so far, has held true about 85% of the time: If you like it, you love it. If you hate it, it's due to you sucking horribly at it or because you broke 3 controllers in the first half hour. :lol: I've attached the poll because I really want to know what my fellow Finfans think of this game. The stunt constructor is an element of this title that has something for everyone and with recently released codes, you don't have to beat the ENTIRE game to have all that the arena has to offer. :rocker: Keep in mind that this game is about 3-4 years old at this point so you should be able to track it down relatively cheap...good buy.

Also, there is a game in existence known as "Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver". On the back is a review from a source I can't remember, boasting that "This is the game you were looking for when you bought Stuntman". I'm a pretty fair guy when it comes to varied opinion but I don't think that statement can be justified.........ever. In otherwords it's one of those times where I would bet that the makers of Chase paid someone for their 'opinion'. If you've played this title as well tell me how you think they compare. :up:

TrueDolFan
04-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Stuntman is a very good game. It also is easily one of the 5 most difficult games I have ever played. If you ever played the "Rat Race" level of Battletoads, you know what kind of difficulty I'm talking about.
Most people out there don't have the gaming skills to appreciate Stuntman. If you like a challenge, you need to play this game.

Agent51
04-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Stuntman is a very good game. It also is easily one of the 5 most difficult games I have ever played. If you ever played the "Rat Race" level of Battletoads, you know what kind of difficulty I'm talking about.
Most people out there don't have the gaming skills to appreciate Stuntman. If you like a challenge, you need to play this game.

I rented that game when it first came out and MAN, it was SO hard! lol, I got pissed more than once. I don't remember all of it exactly but I remember that one level that was like Duke's Of Hazzaard where you race along the dirt road then jump into/over the barn thing. I failed that so many times, lol. I mainly just did the "create a stunt" mode the whole time, haha.