PDA

View Full Version : For those that bought jerseys off ebay

23Dolphins34
03-31-2006, 02:47 PM
I've noticed a few folks around here have bought "authenic" Dolphin jerseys off of ebay. I know there not the real deal, but when you got them did they look cheap or look authenic. Hey, if you can get an authenic looking jersey for 1/5 off the cost, why not.

Dolfan5000
03-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Sweet!

Majpain
03-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Ive n?

SCall13
03-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Sweet!

:lol:

Roman529
03-31-2006, 02:57 PM
Huh? I don't get it. :confused:

Wow, that was strange...I couldn't read your whole post...then it magically appeared.

joeyme_2004
03-31-2006, 02:59 PM
yeah i was wondering the same thing?

23Dolphins34
03-31-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't know what happened. Typed my message, even previewed it. Went back a few minutes late and to check response and seen "sweet", "I've n?" and a smilie. Then looked at my post and noticed all that was in the block was "I've n". WTF happened, I don't know. Anyway, I just edit the original.

Pro-X
03-31-2006, 03:03 PM
I got a few looks sweet and feels authentic to me, compared to a real one same material.

Pinrod33
03-31-2006, 03:03 PM
you know, I don't think that the girl in your avatar made the squad. If she didn't, then it's a darn shame, and she can cheer for me anyday.

03-31-2006, 03:07 PM
I don't know what happened. Typed my message, even previewed it. Went back a few minutes late and to check response and seen "sweet", "I've n?" and a smilie. Then looked at my post and noticed all that was in the block was "I've n". WTF happened, I don't know. Anyway, I just edit the original.
I have not bought one of them, but from reading other posts from people who have bought them and looking at the pictures of them it seems like they are the same as the authentics except for the name on the back (different lettering) and the 40th anniversary patch has the clock hands on them. Again, I do not have one, just going by what others have said.

Spegg
03-31-2006, 03:07 PM
I've noticed a few folks around here have bought "authenic" Dolphin jerseys off of ebay. I know there not the real deal, but when you got them did they look cheap or look authenic. Hey, if you can get an authenic looking jersey for 1/5 off the cost, why not.

I have 1. It looks fine. You would have to be some kind of Jersey expert to know if it's real or not.

23Dolphins34
03-31-2006, 03:11 PM
you know, I don't think that the girl in your avatar made the squad. If she didn't, then it's a darn shame, and she can cheer for me anyday.

Not to get off topic, but watching the NFL network special on the Dolphin cheerleader last year, she did make the squad, but don't know what happened with her.

Thanks for the input on the jersey, I'm thinking about getting one, maybe a Culpepper, even though it has a fake 40th anniversary patch.

LJK825
03-31-2006, 03:14 PM
I have purchased a Clayton Jersey, not necessarily authentic, but supposedly with sewn on patches. It arrived today so i am anxious to see what it looks like when i get home. Ifs its any good, I will post a pic..or at least try to.

Pinrod33
03-31-2006, 03:17 PM
The NFL is a money marketing machine anyway, so if you found something that looks like the real deal, and it doesn't bother you that it didn't come from the nfl shop, don't even worry about it. Enjoy it, and just know when you get to the games and see all the authentic jerseys, you paid 1/5 the price and got practically the same thing. I wouldn't think too many people sell used ones, so who cares if theirs is more valuable then yours. Think about it

FRESHNESS
03-31-2006, 03:19 PM
I have purchased a couple as well. My advice to you would be to check out the stripes around the collar and sleeves. Also look at the numbers for boarders. From my experience, I did recieve a dud that I would have detected if I had known what to look for.

MNFINFAN
03-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Yeah she made it, I watched the show on NFL network last week, damn that was fun :D She was one of my faves.

Edit smoking crack here is bad for you as I realised that it was for last year, must have been still in lust for them in their short skirts.

BigSportShop
03-31-2006, 06:24 PM
The cheaper 'authentics' on ebay are frauds but they are a nice product for the money you pay.

BigChief
03-31-2006, 06:30 PM
I will be the first to agree that Ebay is flooded with fakes and rip offs, however.. If you know what you are looking for and are patient you can find some amazing deals. I live and Canada and frequently visit Buffalo. The authentics sold there are $240 - $260 depending on size and jersey. I have bought 4 authentic jerseys off Ebay for a fraction of the cost. I have three Miami Dolphins jerseys and 1 Washington (For my dad), and I can assure you they are all authentic. The biggest tell tell sign is the numbers and letters of the jersey. Read the comments of buyers and scan for some distance back. I bought an orange Zach Thomas $75 but had to wait forever for it to arrive. It was worth the weight. see link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=24962&item=8735497101

I also bought a Ricky Williams aqua for $31 (Yes 31 I know it is hard to believ but true). The link is gone cause they remove the photos after a period of time. Also a white Taylor for $56. Here is a link to one excellent seller.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=abe1819

Just trying to help out the community here but there are good deals. :wink:

FinsAreLife
03-31-2006, 06:31 PM
I have 1. It looks fine. You would have to be some kind of Jersey expert to know if it's real or not.

i so dig your avatar

Blitz99
03-31-2006, 06:36 PM
i just got from ebay a z. thomas jersey for $20.00.....its a stater jersey that came out 5 or 6 years ago...it looks good and for $20 it looks damm good!

Dolfan73
03-31-2006, 06:37 PM
I bought an "authentic" aqua JT jersey for 75 bucks on e bay. I did however...get a Mitchell and Ness throwback marino circa '96 for 75 bucks from a friend cuz it was too big for him...its almost 400 bux brand new. On the JT jersey...there are clock hands on the 40th anniversary patch and the lettering looks a little weird on the back. It's still probably my most prized jersey. Besides the marino one of course ;)

Dolphan23
03-31-2006, 07:00 PM
yeah i personally dont care i just like how the sleeves are .....the replicas are cheap lookin but i still like em....all jerseys that i'll buy from now on will be "authentic" you know how you can tell they're not the real deal? If you look at the 40th anniversary patch...its smaller and the colors are different on the lettering compared to the authentic patch....but i still love em! :)

PerfectFinz72
03-31-2006, 07:04 PM

I actually got two of the 40th anniversary patched ones of Ronnie Brown. I think they are sweet. Some people are hung up on jerseys being the "real deal" but I'm not one of them. I'll gladly take something that is close and still looks really good over something that costs me $250. So in my opinion, do it....it's worth it. :D

Dolfan73
03-31-2006, 07:36 PM
I actually got two of the 40th anniversary patched ones of Ronnie Brown. I think they are sweet. Some people are hung up on jerseys being the "real deal" but I'm not one of them. I'll gladly take something that is close and still looks really good over something that costs me $250. So in my opinion, do it....it's worth it. :D

my sentiments exactly.

footballer
03-31-2006, 09:24 PM
i bought a chamber for 15 dollars one time...

seriously, on the back it says simply " chamber ".

couldnt pass it up....funny to me.

igor79
03-31-2006, 09:25 PM
i just bought a fake chambers jersey after a post on here, but the guys ebay account got banned and so did his pay pal account, so i cant send the money or whatever. Unfortunate, 35 dollars for a fake jersey is worth it i think.

Dors156
03-31-2006, 09:45 PM
i bought a ronnie brown orange one and it is the real deal.im getting it signed tommorrow:D

Fin Fan in Cali
03-31-2006, 09:49 PM
I've noticed a few folks around here have bought "authenic" Dolphin jerseys off of ebay. I know there not the real deal, but when you got them did they look cheap or look authenic. Hey, if you can get an authenic looking jersey for 1/5 off the cost, why not.Be careful on ebay. You can buy right here at Finheaven. Here is the website link.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/?partner_id=395

beemerdaddy
03-31-2006, 09:57 PM
:dolphins: I DID AND IT LOOKS GREAT:dolphins: :dolphins:

Majpain
03-31-2006, 10:00 PM
I have a Ronnie Brown jersey and its great.

Metal Panda
03-31-2006, 10:01 PM
the jerseys they're selling on ebay are all white tee shirts with "culpepper" written on them in magic marker

LJK825
04-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Here is a follow up. This is the Mark Clayton Jersey off Ebay. I paid $41 for it. It is a Reebok jersey, came with the tags and everything. It has sewn on numbers and letters. Its not a "throwback" but its as good as it gets for the price.