PDA

View Full Version : Warning - Be Careful What You Read Tomorrow

Nublar7
03-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Just a reminder that tomorrow is indeed the dreaded "April Fools" day. It is better to remind you guys now then have your hearts drop tomorrow when you sign onto the internet. Every year it seems that there is a least one or two stories that get people really good. Last year was the one from PFT saying that Saban quit. I am sure there will be stories tomorrow that you get you upset and worried, so just be careful. 99% of the negative stories that will come out tomorrow will most likely be false. So, if you read things like "Dolphins to move to LA", "coach ______ quits Dolphins", "Player _______ busted on drug charges", "Player _______ signs with Dolphins", make sure it is true before you come here and post it on the boards and make everyone either upset or excited. Also, make sure to read the entire articles because they usually have an "April Fools!" at the bottom.

I know this thread might sound stupid to remind people, but people still forget and fall into the trap. It is going to be a tuff day tomorrow because we all want news on Arrington and a backup up qb. Just be careful. :)

Nublar7 public announcement complete. :lol:

WelcomeBack
03-31-2006, 04:13 PM
I believe it was either last year or the year before that we got the news of "Dolphins trade pick for QB Rex Grossman". LoL, that was horrible considering the article said it was a high draft pick. But yea, everyone beware of those articles.

ATVZ400
03-31-2006, 04:17 PM
I think this was posted already + moved

KillerPhin05
03-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks for reminding me i would of forgot

EBMisfit
03-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Every year it seems that there is a least one or two st
ories that get people really good.And why should we believe you?:tongue:

Nublar7
03-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Really? I just got on for the first time today and didn't see anything like that. It is semi-Dolphin related because I am trying to warn people not to fall into the negative Fins news they will probably read tomorrow.

GCD960
03-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up!!

ckparrothead
03-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Boy wouldn't it be just the cruelest irony in the world if LaVar Arrington truly signed a contract with us tomorrow on April Fools' Day? Nobody in Dolfanland would believe it until April 2nd and the papers are still going with it and we'd be like...wait, really???

HAH! Would have been even better if the Culpepper trade got announced tomorrow.

rainmaker1313
03-31-2006, 04:24 PM

How dare you talk to Nublar the King like that!!!!:shakeno:

Dolfan984
03-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Just a reminder that tomorrow is indeed the dreaded "April Fools" day. It is better to remind you guys now then have your hearts drop tomorrow when you sign onto the internet. Every year it seems that there is a least one or two stories that get people really good. Last year was the one from PFT saying that Saban quit. I am sure there will be stories tomorrow that you get you upset and worried, so just be careful. 99% of the negative stories that will come out tomorrow will most likely be false. So, if you read things like "Dolphins to move to LA", "coach ______ quits Dolphins", "Player _______ busted on drug charges", "Player _______ signs with Dolphins", make sure it is true before you come here and post it on the boards and make everyone either upset or excited. Also, make sure to read the entire articles because they usually have an "April Fools!" at the bottom.

I know this thread might sound stupid to remind people, but people still forget and fall into the trap. It is going to be a tuff day tomorrow because we all want news on Arrington and a backup up qb. Just be careful. :)

Good lookin out Nub I totally forgot.

fishfan34
03-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Nice heads up Nublar!

lol.. CK, that would have been quite funny to have the Pep trade go down tomorrow. You're right, NO ONE would believe it until Sunday.

phinfan13/34
03-31-2006, 04:25 PM
I remember a couple of years ago they said that JT was traded for an undisclosed draft pick. Everyone freaked out and called the radio station.... good times, good times.

Hitman13
03-31-2006, 04:26 PM
hey quick question could you give me the link to pft?? and thanks for the tip. i probably wouldve went around all day. o no ____ quit or ____ did somthing. or jumped up and down screaming yea we signed ____ anyways thanks

J dog
03-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up:dolphins:

Adam First
03-31-2006, 04:27 PM
You should come in contact with the mods and get thier ban guns at the ready.

Nublar7
03-31-2006, 04:28 PM
hey quick question could you give me the link to pft?? and thanks for the tip. i probably wouldve went around all day. o no ____ quit or ____ did somthing. or jumped up and down screaming yea we signed ____ anyways thanks
Here is a link to PFT: http://www.profootballtalk.com/

Here is a link to the page with the Saban story: http://www.profootballtalk.com/4-1-05through4-15-05.htm

Alex44
03-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks Nubs your awsome

Nublar7
03-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Well, the thread got moved. :( Hopefully enough people visit the Lounge.

Skeet84
03-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah I remember one year I read something from a different " Website " about a certian " Player " coming back and I was totally fooled. :(

PassRush
03-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Ah, thanks Nub, I will not fall for any of those shenanigun this time around

Motion
03-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Well there goes my idea. :D

inFINSible
03-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Tomorrow is no different than any other day.....if you post fake news, you get whacked....this is just a warning....:wink:

Majpain
03-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Lol anyone going to pull out Pep tears 2 ligaments in left knee while running around a walmart parking lot?

bullseyeguy
03-31-2006, 05:33 PM
Tomorrow is no different than any other day.....if you post fake news, you get whacked....this is just a warning....:wink:
LAME!!!!!!

Gonzo
03-31-2006, 06:26 PM
LAME!!!!!!

:boohoo:your plan is foiled. I'm sure it would have been original.

HysterikiLL
03-31-2006, 06:36 PM
JT got traded last year remember :lol: Maybe Ricky will get traded this year....or we'll trade up for Vince Young?

:chuckle:

FinsAreLife
03-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks for reminding me i would of forgot

i woudl of also, thanks nub.....

lol i cant wait to see the kaos on the main board when people do start making up stuff like that:chuckle:

idk how it is since i joined last year on april 3rd, two days after the dreaded day:tongue:

FinFan72
03-31-2006, 06:45 PM

Thanx Nubs totally forgot about April Fools cause of having to work so much lately.

DolfanChris06
03-31-2006, 07:17 PM
thanks again nub for everything i remember when they said we traded dirk from the mavs and JT from the fins

ILPhinFan88
03-31-2006, 07:44 PM
It's already started in the Draft forum. :mad:

bullseyeguy
03-31-2006, 08:28 PM
:boohoo:your plan is foiled. I'm sure it would have been original.Actually wise guy, I wouldnt have started a thread. If the mods cant take the novelty of April Fools Day and have a little fun with it, then they are L-A-M-E!

Gonzo
03-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Actually wise guy, I wouldnt have started a thread. If the mods cant take the novelty of April Fools Day and have a little fun with it, then they are L-A-M-E!
:rolleyes2 Yes, 100 April's fools joke threads that the mods have to deal with and we have to weed through for actual info is truly a fun novelty. It's about as novel as hepatitis.

inFINSible
03-31-2006, 08:49 PM
:chuckle: thanks Gonzo....

bullseyeguy
03-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah well, they are still going to show up, and if the mods didnt worry about it they wouldnt have to "deal with" them. Anyways, its one day out of the year...If you cant figure out if the news is real or not on your own, you can wait a day. If you can do neither, then maybe its time you take up a new hobby.....

Gonzo
03-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah well, they are still going to show up, and if the mods didnt worry about it they wouldnt have to "deal with" them. Anyways, its one day out of the year...If you cant figure out if the news is real or not on your own, you can wait a day. If you can do neither, then maybe its time you take up a new hobby.....

Yeah well, hopefully this thread stopped at least a few, lessening the annoying and truly LAME threads that would be posted. And yes, a few will still show up. But guess what? They are still going to get moved, and if you didn't spend so much time worrying about what the mods do, you wouldn't have to deal with them. If it was just one, haha, kinda resembles something that would be funny. However, it wouldn't be just one thread. It would be dozens of truly original thinkers posting some version of those that Nublar mentioned. Perhaps you should heed your own advice. If you don't like how the mods do their job, then maybe it's time you take up a new message board....

Gonzo
03-31-2006, 09:18 PM
:chuckle: thanks Gonzo....

:up: no problem

bullseyeguy
03-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Whatever man, Im not gonna sit her and argue with you...All Im saying is, banning someone for posting a joke on National Joke Day is just not right...

Gonzo
03-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Whatever man, Im not gonna sit her and argue with you...All Im saying is, banning someone for posting a joke on National Joke Day is just not right...

There are right and wrong ways to go about having a good time on April Fools Day. Fake news articles is by no means an original idea, no matter what you put in the heading. It is not funny in the slightest. It's all been done before. One fake news story is annoying enough. The bombardment that normally occurs is beyond just annoying.

Regardless, posting fake news is against the TOS no matter what day it is. Don't like it? Too bad. Again, feel free to go somewhere else that doesn't hold a person back from expressing their pseudo-comedy. Leave this site to people who come here for the latest Fins news and don't want to wait another day for it. What you are suggesting is that people who follow the simple TOS and the mods of a privately owned site should overlook the actions of people who can't seem to grasp it for one day. Why stop there? Is fake news only funny on April Fools? No, it's a pathetic attempt at humor on any day unless it's done by the Daily Show or the Onion. In either of those cases, I will go to their site if I want my fill of fake news that is actually original and funny.

Nublar7
04-01-2006, 02:26 AM
uh oh. PFT just put up some Dolphin related material on their rumor mill. How many of you want to bet that there will be threads called "Ricky is free to play!" and "Culpepper bashes Childress!"? :lol:

Hopefully everybody reads this thread and doesn't flip out over these stories.

Gonzo
04-01-2006, 02:31 AM
uh oh. PFT just put up some Dolphin related material on their rumor mill. How many of you want to bet that there will be threads called "Ricky is free to play!" and "Culpepper bashes Childress!"? :lol:

Hopefully everybody reads this thread and doesn't flip out over these stories.

Great, here we go!