PDA

View Full Version : Indiana springs forward reluctantly

BAMAPHIN 22
03-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Seven months a year, Deano’s Tavern cashes in on Indiana’s refusal to observe daylight-saving time. Ohio residents whose bars close at 2:30 a.m. can go four miles up the road to Deano’s for another hour of drinking before last call.

“That worked out pretty good for us,” said Scott Cline, a bartender at the pub in this community of about 600 residents on the Indiana-Ohio line.

That advantage will disappear after Sunday, when Indiana begins observing daylight-saving time statewide for the first time in more than 30 years.

The change, approved by lawmakers last year, makes Indiana the 48th state to observe daylight time; Hawaii and most of Arizona are the only holdouts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12099627/

ILPhinFan88
03-31-2006, 09:52 PM
That sounds bad, leaving one bar at 2:30 to drive to another to drink more. Wonder if the cops watched that stretch of road? :D

Timmy54
03-31-2006, 10:40 PM
hmm i am totaly riped and the bar is closed, but wait, the bar over on the other side of the state line is open for another hour. party!!!

actually, in Myrtle Beach SC you can go to some bars that dont close. When i worked the night shift we would go in at 6 am and start drinking. Kind of the punch line to the old joke "you know your an alcholic when...."

HysterikiLL
03-31-2006, 10:53 PM
****in' drunks. :rolleyes:

Roman529
03-31-2006, 11:35 PM
I miss Arizona...they never mess with their time...forward or back.