PDA

View Full Version : Davinci Code

wpgfishfan
04-01-2006, 12:01 PM
The new trailer is up. If half the people who read the book go this movie will be huge

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/da_vinci_code/trailer1/medium.html

spydertl79
04-01-2006, 12:07 PM
That looks amazing

ILPhinFan88
04-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Hopefully the legal battle doesn't hold it up

FLOUNDER
04-01-2006, 04:58 PM
I've heard alot about the book

But can anybody tell me what its really about?

Gonzo
04-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Hopefully the legal battle doesn't hold it up

Having read both books, I don't see how it can. Dan Brown credits a lot of the theory that was by no means a new one to Holy Blood, Holy Grail. They should be grateful for the resurgence of popularity their book received following the publication of The Da Vinci Code. They have taken full advantage of it's success doing speaking tours, interviews for documentaries, etc. It appears that the well was starting to dry up, so they went on the attack. I'm betting the lawsuit has increased book sales once again. Dan Brown stole nothing from their book.

SkapePhin
04-01-2006, 05:53 PM
The one I dont understand is an Albino Group suing over the "stereotyping" albinos.. Seriously, like its a common stereotype that all albinos are extremely religious mass murderers or something?

Gonzo
04-01-2006, 06:11 PM
The one I dont understand is an Albino Group suing over the "stereotyping" albinos.. Seriously, like its a common stereotype that all albinos are extremely religious mass murderers or something?

So, apparently villains can only be played by white (but not too white), middle-aged men (not to old or AARP will sue). :nono:

Roman529
04-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Dan Brown's wife supposedly stole the idea for the book. :D

bullseyeguy
04-01-2006, 08:29 PM
40 million plus sold, and Its #1 on the bestseller list right now..So yeah if half of the people that read it see it, it could gross over 300 Million dollars...

Samphin
04-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Does anyone here think Tom Hanks is a mis-cast? I like him as an actor and the movie still looks good, but to me, Langdon should be played by Jeff Bridges. That is who I pictured throughout the entire book. Perhaps he could play it in the Big Lebowski getup? :lol:

FLOUNDER
04-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Could somebody tell me what the movie or book is even about?

Im extremly lost...

tucker
04-01-2006, 09:19 PM
movie will be good..i mean tom hanks doesnt do bad movies anways

ih8brady
04-01-2006, 09:34 PM
movie will be good..i mean tom hanks doesnt do bad movies anways

Two words: The Terminal

Worst g-damn movie I ever saw in a movie theater. :barf:

FLOUNDER
04-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Turner and hooch also...

He's my favorite actor...

I like "that thing you do"

Samphin
04-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Two words: The Terminal

Worst g-damn movie I ever saw in a movie theater. :barf:

I liked that movie. :tantrum:

Tom Hanks can do pretty much anything convincingly so I have no doubt he will pull this off. I would have still loved to have seen Bridges though.

As for what the story is about. In a nutshell, an American Professor gets called to a murder scene in Paris that leads him to finding a bunch of hidden clues throughout paintings, codecs and other places from Da Vinci and his secret society. Very religious in nature and got many religious zealots crazy even though it was a piece of fiction.

Very well written and addicting. I picked it up at the airport in Colorado when my flight got delayed on a Friday Night. By Saturday afternoon, I was finished.

J dog
04-01-2006, 10:14 PM
i cant wait to see it when it comes out

ih8brady
04-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Am I the only one who disliked it? I heard most of the audio tape for the Da Vinci Doce and thought it played off like a bad Hunter episode compiled with random bits of history and pseudo-history. I'll stick to Frederick Forsyth

:down: Dan Brown

bullseyeguy
04-01-2006, 10:50 PM
I did like it, but I do think it is overhyped...I think almost all of Patterson's thrillers are better than DaVinci..

Roman529
04-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Could somebody tell me what the movie or book is even about?

Im extremly lost...

Here is my quick summary wihtout giving away the whole story: A guy and a girl go all over Europe to churches, museums and other places to track down different clues. Leonardo DaVinci painted the Last Supper...the premise is that instead of saying that one of the figures next to Jesus in the painting is an apostle, Brown says it is Mary Magdelene, who is supposedly Jesus's wife....Brown goes on to speculate that Mary had Jesus's child and that descendants of Jesus are still around even today. The book is mainly about tracking down clues to this theory.

FLOUNDER
04-02-2006, 01:11 AM
Thank you Roman529!!!

FLOUNDER
04-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Just one more question if anybody knows..

Whats up with the old naked dude laying dead on the ground?

Kinda creepy...

Clark Kent
04-02-2006, 01:14 AM
I hope the movie is delayed, bigger box office for X3 (since the TDC is the only competition)

spydertl79
04-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Just one more question if anybody knows..

Whats up with the old naked dude laying dead on the ground?

Kinda creepy...
The story begins as a murder mystery about a curator killed in the Louvre for no apparent reason.

FLOUNDER
04-02-2006, 01:29 AM
The story begins as a murder mystery about a curator killed in the Louvre for no apparent reason.

Oh ok, whats a "Louvre"

Roman529
04-02-2006, 02:11 AM
Oh ok, whats a "Louvre"

The Louvre is one of the top museums in the world. It is in Paris, and there is a glass pyramid that was just put up near the Louvre. Inside the Louvre you have the Mona Lisa, the most famous paiting in the world, by DaVinci. There are also many other famous painting and statues....I have always wondered why the French have an Italian's most famous painting. That would be like England owning our Declaration of Independence. :mad: I guess it is ok with the Italians?

Gonzo
04-02-2006, 02:18 AM
The Louvre is one of the top museums in the world. It is in Paris, and there is a glass pyramid that was just put up near the Louvre. Inside the Louvre you have the Mona Lisa, the most famous paiting in the world, by DaVinci. There are also many other famous painting and statues....I have always wondered why the French have an Italian's most famous painting. That would be like England owning our Declaration of Independence. :mad: I guess it is ok with the Italians?

Wasn't up to them. Leonardo himself sold it to the King of France in the 16th Century. :D

Roman529
04-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Wasn't up to them. Leonardo himself sold it to the King of France in the 16th Century. :D

I see. I know he did a lot of works for others like the Medici's of Florence. I read something about how someone stole the Mona Lisa about 100 years ago...luckily they were able to find it.

Gonzo
04-02-2006, 02:50 AM
I see. I know he did a lot of works for others like the Medici's of Florence. I read something about how someone stole the Mona Lisa about 100 years ago...luckily they were able to find it.

I heard about that. Have you ever seen it? The Louvre is absolutely incredible.

Roman529
04-02-2006, 03:15 AM
I heard about that. Have you ever seen it? The Louvre is absolutely incredible.

Noo, not in person. I spent a couple months in the South of France near Nice, and Monaco, in a small town called Le Lavandou, and I lived in Italy from age 5 to 9 but I've never been to Paris. My parents had their honeymoon in Paris and in Rome in May, 1956....almost married for 50 years.